[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do companies nolonger make clear versions of their products?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 390x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 390x377
why do companies nolonger make clear versions of their products?
>>
>>322523209
it looks fucking ugly that's why
>>
>>322523209
Because it's 2016.
>>
Because it's one of the worst cases imaginable. Yeah, you get to see your internals, but it looks like shit.
>>
I used to think it was neat when I was 5

now it just looks ugly to me, doesn't feel particularly unique either
>>
It's ugly. It used to be cool because no one else was doing it, but now everyone realizes how stupid it is. No one wants to see the internal workings of their machine. Nowadays, sleek black/white/grey is what's in. It's also why we don't have as many colored consoles and handhelds anymore, compared to back then when there were like half a dozen colors for the Gameboy and N64.
>>
>>322523209
Corporate espionage, nowadays other companies will just steal your designs
>>
>>322524520
>>322523660
>>322523494
>>322523376
>>322523717
Probably at least one same fag.
But you gaylords probably think the inside of any computer is ugly too. You are awful aids kids.
>>
>>322524734
>But you gaylords probably think the inside of any computer is ugly too
No, that's nice to look at on occasion because you respect the effort put into it. When you see it all the time it loses its luster and becomes awful to look at and looks like it was only half way finished.
>>
File: 15dqwif.jpg (63 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
15dqwif.jpg
63 KB, 1024x683
I don't know OP, that shit was cool as fuck.
>you'll never have a transparent Wii U
>>
Dumb ugly 90s trend
>>
File: 2ds_red_blue_clear.jpg (97 KB, 843x422) Image search: [Google]
2ds_red_blue_clear.jpg
97 KB, 843x422
inb4
>It's a 2ds so it's shit and doesn't count

There's a clear PS4 controller as well if I'm not mistaken.
>>
clear cases are great for modding
>>
>>322525621
2ds is best ds
>>
File: N64-Console-Orange.jpg (211 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
N64-Console-Orange.jpg
211 KB, 1920x960
>>322523209
The clear versions were the best. Then they started making clear colored versions like atomic purple and jungle green, which were a little different but still neat. Then only solid colors. I even bought a clear shell swap for my ipod back in the day when those were a thing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.