[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so little talk about this gem? I honestly got to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15
Why is there so little talk about this gem? I honestly got to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. There's pretty much everything that the dedicated video game enthusiast could ask for. It's impeccable on a mechanical level, the controls are amazing, and it manages to ride that fine line where it's really challenging but never feels unfair. But I mean all the while everything is randomly generated and you always get a radically different experience out of it, and it's not just memorizing patterns like with some other games who claim to be super hardcore, you are actually asked to adapt on the fly. There is a worthwhile single player, local co-op play, and now with the daily challenges and global leaderboards, it's even got a competitive edge. And there's content for ages with a lot of detail put into everything. There's a constant sense of progression with all the unlockables, but you can still always just jump in for a quick run without any "aspirations". It's like, it's got everything.

Granted, the memetastic humor and pixelshit graphics pull it down. But it makes up for that with what I feel is otherwise a pretty solid presentation, with the lighting and enemy designs and the whole bible theme shebang. Plus the soundtrack is amazing, and it's one of... maybe 3 games I can name period which do dynamic music right.

I swear to god I'm usually the last person to hype indie crap. But this game, I don't see why it's not winning awards left and right. If you look past overblown graphic and marketing budgets, it's handily as deserving of those as a good chunk of the current AAA market is.
>>
File: 1326502352494.jpg (18 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1326502352494.jpg
18 KB, 247x204
I still only have Rebirth, sadly.

But a lot of the nerfs make me miss WotL sometimes.
>>
File: EEEDMUND.jpg (719 KB, 1913x1078) Image search: [Google]
EEEDMUND.jpg
719 KB, 1913x1078
>>322518643
because its a piece of shit with garbage controls and brain dead enemies. Their idea of making something hard is to give it more health and since they delude themselves into thinking this is some hardcore game everything has an insane amount of HP. The only thing thats a danger to you dying is getting so bored that you would rather save time by taking a hit rather than taking an extra ten seconds to move around a bullet, miss your next shot, and then hit it again. It's one of the only game that literally bores you to death. Afterbirth was a joke of an expansion and all it added was co-op babie and more ways to annoy you.
>>
>>322518643
I think Afterbirth's horrible first week or so turned a lot of people away, with all of the game-breaking bugs and huge nerfs (some of which were accidents). But now that everything has settled down I agree that it's an amazing expansion to Rebirth. It improves a massive amount upon Rebirth and adds lots of cool new items. The new sacrifice room modification alone is a genius solution to like 3 different design issues with Rebirth.

IMO The only lackluster part of Afterbirth is the Hush fight, which is a real challenge for sure, but doesn't feel worth doing once you've unlocked everything you can get from it. Other than that though it's a pretty amazing DLC, and there definitely isn't as much positive discussion about it on /v/ as it deserves
>>
>>322519668
I'd really recommend getting the addon. The added items, floors, enemies, and bullshit fixes do a lot for the experience, and greed mode and daily runs are cool additions.

What nerfs are you thinking of? The only things that come to mind are the changes to luck foot which make Cain a pretty unenticing character, and the D6 now having 6 rooms charge time (which I had to suck up too but all in all it's a rather warranted change).

Other than that, I want to say most aspects of gameplay got "upscaled" if anything, like how you are now way more likely to get rid of all of your heart containers and wing it on devil deals and get constant whore of babylon / polaroid kinda effects all the time. Also there's more potential to "break" a run in half by spawning nigh unlimited items and stuff, with the pertho / jera rune, blank card, new gambling mechanics and passive effects / trinkets which spawn stuff like crazy, now in afterbirth they added even more of those things with the item sacks and a consumable which does both the d6 and d20 effect...
>>
>>322521329
>Give it more health

I hate how they approached the new mobs. Laziest shit ever.

>let's just recolor an old mob make it explode on death along with shooting out tears and spawning another recolored mob which also shoots out tears on death
>>
>>322522537
Bitch, mostly because they find something OP, or because they're playing The Lost/The Keeper in Hard/Greed Mode
>>
>>322518643
So what about these rumors that another expansion is planned / coming out?
>>
>>322522537
Another hipster /v/ bot that can't think for himself and just rides on the cool guys cock or else he's not cool. Calling this game a meme game because you're too dense to think for yourself. Keeping riding on faggot.
>>
>>322523480
Those aren't rumors, they're just gonna release mod tools you have to buy to fix their shitty mistakes.
>>
>>322521439
Yeah, the new sacrifice room is awesome. It used to be basically worthless, now you've got some cool "gambling" choices with the chance of a devil room visit / the spirit hearts / the money / the guaranteed route to mega satan.

As for the hush fight, I personally like it. I feel tying it to the time limit, which makes it so that you have to hurry just enough to not be able to pull silly combos and shoot every pile of poop and what have you, but then you get two more items and a stocked shop, that's a pretty well thought out "limiter" to keep it challenging. And it's always worth doing it for the points on dailys. In "casual runs", yeah, the fact that you don't get any sort of reward at the end makes it a bit of a lame thing to do. In most cases the items you get beforehand are not worth the damage you'll be taking at the battle - or the time you'll be spending... But I had a thrill doing it with every character for the completion mark.
>>
>>322522179
Is the D6 being a 6 room charge that bad? The amount of batteries that drop make it go unnoticeable. I love everything about the addon, the new items, the new characters, personally not a big fan of playing The Lost or The Keeper, I'd rather get a save with everything unlocked and just relaxing and letting RNG take the wheel.
>>
>>322523774
So an editor, more or less? Mods seem to be working fine already, anyway.
>>
>>322522793
To be fair there's only so many "variables" they have at their hands to design the enemies with. Does it run, does it stand still, does it shoot you, does it explode or not, in which directions does it fire... does it jump, can it fly... how much more varied can enemies really be?

Stuff like the fat bats which have ridiculous health, I thought that was silly, stuff like the black charging worm thingies which shot tears when they die, I thought they were a good addition because they fire *exactly* where you want to stand after having dogded a normal white charging worm thingie so you have to fight them differently. The greasy poop and the tar poop miniboss thing, the red one, they all are a bit of a spin on the "normal" version, I don't see how that's a bad thing in and of itself. Oh and the yellow corn flies which kinda home in on you from different angles, I like those... I mean I don't know, I kinda can't think of anything else they should do instead you know. How much more varied can the enemies be. Sure they could always give them radically different sprites, but when they make them look similar when they also *behave* similiarly, only makes sense doesn't it.
>>
>>322518643
horrible music
>>
I hate the addition of small rooms and pseudo bullet hell bosses to Isaac. Not because of the difficulty but because Isaac controls like shit, who thought having this much momentum in a top down shooter would be fun?
>>
>>322522793
edmund has a serious boner for those fucking things

they're in at least half the rooms in caves
>>
>>322523853
It's just one of the biggest "balance changes" I've noticed when I picked it up. By now I've grown used to it, and yeah the batteries and the multitude of ways to recharge stuff faster more than balance it out anyway. It's just in the original game, when you picked isaac, you could force a completely broken run pretty much 100% of the time, reroll even the first 2 boss / floor / shop items like 5 times.

Which isn't good, I guess. At the end of the day everything about the new game is better, it's just a tad different initially when you're used to the old way of playing the game and the ultimate power you had any time you started a run with isaac.

Keeper and Lost now with Holy Mantle by default are both extremely satisfying challenges imho.
>>
>>322525553
>keyboard user detected
>>
>>322518643
It was fun for a while. I used to play this all the time to relax. Now I have too many other games to play to die near the end of a playthrough.
>>
File: tresdoor.png (5 KB, 294x228) Image search: [Google]
tresdoor.png
5 KB, 294x228
>>322518643

Meh. I've sunk 300+ hours into this game and another 100+ with Afterbirth DLC. I've realised how luck-based, boring and repetitive this game is. I haven't played it in a month, and probably won't play it ever again.
>>
File: OH.png (167 KB, 1338x698) Image search: [Google]
OH.png
167 KB, 1338x698
How I wish I started this run with Azazel

FUCK YOU
>>
>>322518643
It's an incredibly lazy expansion, especially after Wrath of the Lamb and Rebirth (which is counted as an expansion as some due to adding even more features on top of a remake of the original game and it's expansion)

Wrath and Rebirth both added all kinds of shit, while Afterbirth just added the bare minimum, and locked most of it behind timelock patches and a very poorly executed "ARG."

Hell, the new alternate floors in rebirth are LITERALLY RECOLORS of the game's existing base floors (with Burning Basement being a recolor of the Cellar being the exception)
>>
DUDE COOP BABIES LMAO
>>
>>322526973
This.
Wrath added challenge rooms and libraries
Rebirth added dice rooms, treasure rooms, bedrooms, crawlspaces, and boss rush
Afterbirth added ?????

Wrath added trinkets
Rebirth added runes
Afterbirth added ??????

Wrath added Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis, Utero, Sheol, Cathedral, and Chest and made you have to work to unlock them
Rebirth added the Dark Room (okay it's kind of lacking here I guess)
Afterbirth added recolors of the Cellar, the Caves, the Depths, and the Womb. Oh boy.

Wrath added several new types of enemies
Rebirth added several new types of enemies
Afterbirth added recolors of existing enemies

Wrath doubled the original game's items
Rebirth doubled Wrath's total amount of items
Afterbirth didn't even meet Wrath's number of added items, but boy did it ever add a bunch of co-op babies!
>>
Literal meme game and stream bait.
>>
>>322518643
Have they unfucked it yet or is the game still nerfed to hell and back?
>>
The binding of isaac and rebirth are some of my favorites games ever, but fucking afterbirth feels like a slap in the face, it was a terrible addition to an already awesome game, the steak left a terrible taste in my mouth and it seems like Edmund doesnt know his own game anymore.

Edmund having a daughter is the worst that could happen to his game because now tyrone has full control of it, and he isnt a game dev, ed is so away and out of touch of his fandom that he cant see how tyrone is fucking everything
>>
>>322528751
Some nerfs have been rescinded. Others aren't.
>>
>>322526052
Not him but I use a keyboard and have no problem at all with the bullet hell sections. He just needs to git gud.
>>
still some incredibly tedious early enemies and still instant damage rooms
>>
>>322518643
>pixelshit graphics
Are you one of those blind faggots who think the Flash version looks better?
If so, get glasses.
>>
>>322529876
Sounds like Dark Souls
>>
>>322521329
>>322525553

Get good scrubs. Kek
>>
>>322530204
drink bleach Edmund, you ruined your own game
>>
>>322528190
Rebirth added how about the entire fucking game rewritten in a new engine, it's silly to treat it as an addon

I think afterbirth has mostly worthwhile additions, greed mode is fun and I enjoy the new alt floors (mostly because of the kickass music), maybe the price is a bit steep for how little it adds though.
>>
>>322529927
As much as I hated the "newgrounds aesthetic", doesn't mean the new artstyle isn't atrocious in it's own right. Having everything be pixelated is so fucking overused these days, there was no need for that change.
>>
>>322530949
Everything isn't "pixilated."
Rebirth is one of the few indie games that does spritework right.
>>
DUMB DAMAGE
DRY BABY
PERMANENT POLAROID INVINCIBILITY
>>
>>322529992
Sounds like you went to the graveyard first
>>
File: sg.gif (629 KB, 636x565) Image search: [Google]
sg.gif
629 KB, 636x565
>>322531276
What makes its sprites more "right", than, say, the ones in Skullgirls, other than the low resolution?

Having all the pixels be visible to the naked eye is a stylistic choice I have come to loathe. Nowadays it's 20% homage to old times, 80% laziness.
>>
I really hate that it took them until Afterbirth to fix things like Dr. Fetus damage instead of doing it in an easy update along with a multitude of other problems. And they still haven't fixed the absolutely godawful special item system which really artificially limits your run.
>>
The original was a fun time waster.

Rebirth was a cash-in of the lowest order. Pandering to the original while encouraging the most subhuman players.

Simply derivative and more time cost to advance. Lazy development at its core.
>>
>be hyped like a pig on christmas eve for afterbirth
>afterbirth comes out
>play 3 hours
>uninstall isaac entirely
shit's ruined
>>
How is this on the wii u?
>>
>>322521329
The worst part is that I actually unlocked all the co-op babies and exclusively play the game in co-op, and they never seem to fucking show up. It's always magnet baby and a few default ones.

>>322534392
>absolutely godawful special item system
This is some bullshit. It should only count for items you actually take, which AFAIK is exactly how it worked in the original.

>>322534878
Runs okay, but weirdly restrictive about what controllers you can use in co-op. Probably still has bugs that were fixed on PC months ago.
>>
>>322535204

That is how the special item system worked in the original. Anyone who actually knows how the special item system worked in Rebirth and Afterbirth still knows how bad it is. It's why I hated stopwatch even without thinking it was that great, because even seeing it in the shop actually limits your run and there's no reason not to take it if you have the money, and why it not being special more after the nerf is the only good thing that came out of that. But the system itself is still just incredibly flawed and only takes away player input from the game when there's already not much player control of what they get in Isaac.
>>
>>322518643
1. It's easy if you've ever played games in the genre.

2. It's juvenile lets just admit that because it is a factor. But it isn't a H game so it doesn't get a pass on 4chan.

3. It's very popular outside /v/.
>>
>>322534798
I played BoI for the first time since the Newground days recently, and Afterbirth was great. Greed mode was incredibly fun, and a nice challenge, too.

My only problems with it are the challenges being kind of silly at times. Fuck the Speed challenge. I don't get the hate for everything else. Must just be scrubs that can't adapt to new situations. I never had the old Azazel crutch, so I'm completely fine with his nerf.

I play Maggy and the Lost mostly
>>
>>322535573
I had no idea about the special item system change but that's fucking unbelievable. Why should anything that isn't on your character affect the likelihood of spawning strong items?

This game is shit. Every change they've made since Rebirth came out was designed to make the game less fun because the developers can't handle the fact that everyone who plays these games is in it to see shit get broken by OP item combos. Also the Greed Machine jamming is total horseshit.
>>
File: 1336564073581.png (11 KB, 314x407) Image search: [Google]
1336564073581.png
11 KB, 314x407
>>322535717
>I don't get the hate for everything else
So, you don't get the hate that chunks of the content were locked at release? Or that the new additions reliably crashed the game, like the blue womb? That a huge chunk of the promised content consists of useless fucking coop babies? Do you like to eat shit too, while you're brown nosing this much?
>>
>>322534326
The Binding of Isaac was designed to look like the original Legend of Zelda.
I'd say it's not laziness in it's case.
>>
>>322535717
Azazel's nerf was reverted
>>
>>322535717
The challenges are fucking ridiculous. Speed is probably the easiest one and is one of the only ones I've been able to finish. The worst one is easily the Guardian though, how the fuck are you supposed to protect a character with zero self preservation instinct (walking into traps and enemies) with a sword that does fucking 0 damage? You can't even reliably bodyblock half the enemies in the game, it's total fucking garbage. Even the Lost runs are easier than that shit
>>
>>322536008

They made the Greed Machine better in an update if you switch characters for runs of Greed Mode, but I really don't like Nicalis' handling of Isaac for the most part. The game runs great now, and they have experimented with some very limited buffs (like making Crack the Sky incredibly useful now) but the infrequency of updates and lack of change for things like the special item system really annoyed me. Why was Dr. Fetus so shit for so long? It was literally broken in all of Rebirth's lifespan because they forgot to add bomb damage to it. Why did they only just nerf Azazel in Afterbirth's launch when people were complaining how OP he was for about a year, and then proceed to fuck up that nerf briefly? So much shit like that just confuses me more then anything, and really speaks to a lack of either skill or commitment to quality support of the game.
>>
File: 1353546693448.png (32 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
1353546693448.png
32 KB, 185x243
>mfw playing the original game after Afterbirth was shit
>mfw the Eternal update actually makes the game fun as hell

Honestly, I think Florian has a better idea of what makes the game hard than Edmund's "give it a damage cap"/"nerf anything useful" mentality
The only complaint I have with it is that it makes the first few floors boring as hell since the eternal enemies have so much HP. That, and the 30 FPS lock.

>>322536774
BRAINS was a shit challenge too. I sure like waiting ten seconds for the bombs to recharge.
>>
>>322535717
I didn't even know Azazel got nerfed.

I like the concept of greed mode but they should have been more careful with the shop pool. It stops being a challenge when you figure out that you just have to fish for either the D20 (and whoopdedo every floor guarantees you a room full of 30ish coins on the floor) or Blank Card (with jera or 2 of diamonds), both of which spawn all the fucking time in addition to the reroll machines and shitloads of passive items that make you get more pickups or charges (but there's fucking infinite batteries available too), and pretty much every single run ends in an exhausted item pool and as many coins donated as the machine allows for. Infinite coins if you can be assed to dig for the hourglass.
>>
>Edmund made the troll bombs explode at different times now

Fuuuuuuuck you
>>
>>322537068
God no, the Eternal Update sucks even worse than Afterbirth.
>i have a brilliant idea
>instead of making enemies actually harder, lets give them 5 times more HP
You must be literally retarded to think this is good in any shape or form.
>>
>>322536803
The machine shouldn't jam at all. If you can get to the end of Greed mode with 99 coins you should be able to fucking donate 99 coins, even if you're playing the same character you always play as. This would be like saying you need to clear the floor bosses multiple times if you've been doing too many runs of the same character in order to get their unlocks. Greed mode isn't even fucking fun since it basically removes all variation from the game and is purely a test of your luck when generating items. It's a stupid mechanic and punishing people for being good at the game and being able to bring a lot of coins down and beat Ultra Greed is flat out terrible game design.

Nicalis doesn't give a shit about improving the game if they don't get paid for it, which is disgusting. I can't blame them for doing weekly patches but holding off bug fixes for DLC is fucking despicable, especially when the DLC introduces all kinds of new problems and has extremely padded content (even more than the base game, which is fucking unbelievable.) Who honestly gives a shit about co-op babies?
>>
>>322537164
He was nerfed by mistake. Because Nicalis can't into programming. Retarded fucks. I'm surprised Rebirth ended up as good as it did.
>>
I wish they had a ng+/loop mode like nuclear throne with (good) stronger variants of rooms and enemies
>>
>>322526432
Game actually checks if you have flying or not and never spawns those kinds of rooms if you do.
>>
>>322536774
>how the fuck are you supposed to protect a character with zero self preservation instinct (walking into traps and enemies) with a sword that does fucking 0 damage?
Do it in co-op so you get two swords. Beat it on the first try.

>>322535573
This is why I hate Lil Brim. He's a pain in the ass to aim, and as soon as he shows up you know you're not getting real Brimstone.

>>322526432
>picking up spirit hearts before activating Whore of Babylon
You fucked it.
>>
>>322536774
Bank health and kill everything faster than it can hurt the heart. Did it on my second attempt, git gud
>>
>>322537991
>hating on Lil Brim

Dude, he's good. He carried the hell out of my last run.
>>
I used to play Rebirth for a couple of hours every week, had every achievement for it and still loved it.

Then Afterbirth came out. I forced my way through every achievement because I thought that maybe the game would start being fun once I was just playing for fun. But that wasn't the case. It's just fucking worse for several reasons:

>There isn't a single new enemy that isn't annoying as fuck to fight
I get it, the game is supposed to be difficult. But why the fuck do you have to make every new enemy annoying to fight. They all either have lots of health, spawn more enemies or do retarded shit like dodge your shots.

>The new items are garbage/old items are being changed into garbage
Not every item should allow you to be overpowered, but come the fuck on, not every item has to be utter fucking garbage as well. It's okay for the player to pick up items which are good.

>All the new items are trinkets
Fuck off with this shit.

>Edmund and co are fucking retards on Twitter
Okay, this isn't a problem with the game. But when countless users are telling you something is wrong and your response is to be a smug cunt about it, then I'm fucking done with purchasing your games.

>Locking content behind some stupid ARG that depends on you living in Edmund's town
This shit is fun for nobody, I can't wait until this trend dies.
>>
>>322537575
>The machine shouldn't jam at all.

It's too easy to get in there with something like blank card / habit / 2 of diamonds. Or hell, infinite glitter bombs. I think a sensible solution would be to have it always jam at exactly 99 coins.

>>322537686
People have asked for this for years. I have no idea why this isn't a thing yet.
>>
>can't see item description before picking it up
literally a meme desing, ruins the whole game
>>
>>322537991

They actually made Lil' Brim not a special item anymore in Afterbirth. Which confuses me because goddamn Ludovico is still one, probably only because it's an insta-win with Brimstone, but so's everything with Brimstone.
>>
>>322518643
1001%'d it. 295 hours needed. Never gonna touch this life-stealing shit again.
>>
File: fucker.png (4 KB, 34x38) Image search: [Google]
fucker.png
4 KB, 34x38
I enjoy every BoI, but this one definitely started pushing the line of pure bullshit. Pic related.
>>
I love BoI, but my biggest gripe is that I never want to continue a run if my first treasure room contains garbage.
I can just restart, and I will. It would be nice if the first treasure room always had 4 items to chose from, or something.
>>
File: bumbo more like godbo.jpg (100 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bumbo more like godbo.jpg
100 KB, 1024x576
Holy shit this has been the fasted and easiest hush fight ever
>>
>>322540539
You sure? Have you done today's daily yet?
>>
File: file.png (134 KB, 962x572) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134 KB, 962x572
>cruising through with zero problems

>about to finish mom

>accidentally activate hermit card and warp out

>boss resets to full health and I didn't have enough hp to finish

:(
>>
>>322539824
I agree, some enemies in early areas feel way too strong for the first floor where you probably have nothing
>>
>>322518643
This game is so shit. I remember playing free games on newgrounds that were better than this shit.
>>
>>322539824
The expansion is pretty much enemy/boss design done wrong.

Those blue mulligans are the fucking worst, being HP sponges who spawn damage sponges, and the two final bosses are only hard because of a damage cap that drags the fight on forever.

Also I'm surprised nobody mentions Dangle or Turdlings, those recolored bosses are the pinnacle of laziness.
>>
>>322540831
Hey now, just about every boss has a "recolor" version already.
>>
>>322538570
There's a lot of new items that are good though. Tech X, Incubus/Succubus, Serpent's Kiss, Maw of the Void, to name a few. Plus they recently buffed some old items like Shoop da Whoop. Crack the Skies is actually amazing now.

Nicalis definitely went crazy with the HP on everything though. Why does Rag Man need to have the same amount of HP as fucking Monstro, when he also spawns spiders that you need to control, AND he can heal himself? I really love the design of the blue charge worms (charge carnidally, shoot diagonally on death so you have to play chicken), but literally why do their mulligans need to be fucking tanky?
>>
>NEW END GAME LEVEL ALT
>BTW ITS HUSH
>NEW ENEMIES
>BTW THEYRE JUST EXPLODE ON DEATH RECOLORS
>NEW ITEMS
>BTW THEYRE ALL TRINKETS
>NEW SYNERGIES
>BTW THEYRE ALL BRIMSTONE RELATED
>>
>>322536198
Again, I didn't play it at launch, so I'm not affected like you are, thunder cunt.
>>
>>322541406
trinkets are gud
>>
>>322541337
>Succubus
I don't care what you say, this ain't a succubus
>>
File: sucqtbus.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sucqtbus.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>322541804
Mods can fix everything, friend.
>>
>>322540674
>think I'm playing clever, getting damage items up the ass
>clear every room and boss lightning fast
>merely rank in the 300s
>time rank is 1000 something

o-oh...

I mean I should have realized that this was a bit of an easy run when I came by the 5th guppy item
>>
>>322541793
Not the ones Afterbirth added. They're all pretty shit.
Except for Tape Worm when playing as Azazel.
>>
Where are the daily events?
>>
>>322541968
Don't worry, Anon. All the top scorers are dirty cheating bastards. You probably did pretty well.
>>
File: NEVER AGAIN.png (32 KB, 303x343) Image search: [Google]
NEVER AGAIN.png
32 KB, 303x343
>>322541987
I really like the Infinity trinket and pic related
>>
>>322541968
I got 1600th according to greedbutt, so cheaters filtered out even though I did Boss Rush, Hush and got like a 27 minute time. Oh well, it was a pretty unlosable daily. Serpent's Kiss Brimstone with insane damage and I got Car Battery Book of Shadows too.
>>
>>322541406
Hush is a fun fight. If you haven't one-shot the last phase, you're playing the game wrong admittedly, got lucky with 20/20, Epic Fetus, Mom's Knife, and Diplopia

>Thinks that there is much more room for new enemies in BoI
There's only so much that can be done before a proper sequel gets made, which fundamentally changes the game.

>New items are all just Trinkets
I want this meme to die. Not even half of the new items are trinkets, which were seriously underrepresented in the item pool in the first place.

>Implying the new Soy Milk synergies aren't godlike

tl;dr
Git gud you whining manbaby. Afterbirth was fine, but probably not worth the full $10 unless you like Greed Mode.
>>
>>322542331
The more items you take, the lower your score.
>>
>>322542802
Barely. The item penalty is very very low. I probably should've just explored more rooms since my speed was so high.
>>
>>322542143
At this point I'm certain they are. At least, like, the top 20ish people.

Really most dailys I've played I went out of my way to forfeit a decent score to patiently look for "gamebreaking" potential items, stuff which allows me to spawn infinite items or pickups and stuff, to crack the score up to infinity, but I could never find anything. I'm pretty sure they orchestrate all of the dailys to specifically not include combinations like Jera + Blank Card, Glitter Bombs + Fetus, Bloody Penny + Swallowed Penny / Piggy Bank and what have you.
>>
>>322540674
The daily on new year's day was bullshit
>>
>>322542948
It was only bullshit because not everyone got the same one. A lot of people got Curse of the Tower + Pyromaniac.
>>
I am torn on whether Edmund is a huge piece of shit or not
>>
>playing a meme game created by SJWmund
>>
>>322542331
Does Car Battery and Book of Shadows do anything? Twice the invincibility? I remember not taking it.

Not that the invincibility was ever needed anyway.
>>
>>322543223
Yeah, it doubles the length. I was worried Hush would take a long time, but he went down within a minute. I hate that damage scaling he has, I can never estimate how long my fight is gonna take.
>>
>>322543223
Car Battery gives the effect of activating the item twice at the same time, so items like Book of Shadows doesn't do anything.
>>
>>322543049
Curse of the Tower was in boss rush iirc. The beginning was tough, I thought I was supposed to bomb out of every room and just barely scrape by with my life, realized too late that the only items available are bomb synergies which allow you to destroy the shit out of everything later on.
>>
>>322543376
Invincibility does actually stack, like if you use two Algiz runes at the same time it'll last twice the full duration.
>>
>Azazel Daily
>Fate in a locked chest
fuck you too
>>
>>322543629
That's the thing, Curse of the Tower wasn't in Boss Rush for me. According to Greedbutt there was a problem where not everybody got the same daily.

>>322543681
hey, free eternal heart
>>
>>322543341
>>322543376
getting conflicting info here

I also was under the impression it just activated the spacebar item twice at the same time, but it seems some items have special rules then?

I missed out on car battery + book of belial SO many times, if this actually tripples or quadruples my damage then fuck me
>>
>>322543809
Nah, it activates the item twice, it does nothing for Book of Belial.
>>
I honestly don't want to bother anymore, can barely make it to later bosses with a decent setup anymore.
I just want the run-ruining shit to be gone.
>>
Problems with afterbirth:
>they are way too many useless items
>game doesn't reward skill or knowledge of the mechanics but rather punishes everyone if they don't get good RNG
>they keep nerfing good items instead of buffing shit items
>mechanics to get the angel room are bullshit and just force you avoid taking fun items
>The Lost gets D4 as a starting item but also get the Holy Mantle which renders the first one redundant and pointless
>no way to use angel rooms as The Lost
>Forcing players to play greed mode to unlock half of the new things in the game is retarded

>The Keeper is just a bullshit character
>>2 coin-hearts max health
>>coin-hearts count as red hearts, so if you take any damage in the floor you won't be getting a angel/devil's room
>>can't take 2 heart deals from the devil's room because fuck you
>>angel room's item aren't as frequent nor good as devil's room
>>can't really replace the wooden penny as an active item, rendering half of the item pool useless to him
>>terrible damage and tears stats
>>start with -2 luck for not good reason
>>health up items are pretty much useless on him
>>
>>322544912
>too many co-op babies unlocks, for a game mode that nobody plays
>>
>>322544912
>start with -2 luck for not good reason
Actually, that's to prevent the Wooden Penny from paying out too often.
But it has too many other downsides.
>>
>>322545412
the item itself has already a 50% success ratio, the -2 luck mostly translate to lots of cursed floor, no drops and shitty items in the shop..
>>
Are we still missing items?
Is that bullshit ARG still going?
>>
>>322544912
They did buff shit items though. Butter Bean/The Poop, Shoop da Whoop, Crack the Skies/White Pony all got buffed. As well as some items like Experimental Treatment getting better since they now contribute to a transformation.
>>
>>322545715
Like I said, too many other downsides.
>>
>>322546095
Nope. Afterbirth is 100% released, according to Ed and Tyrone.
>>
9 lives is such a fucking trap.
>>
>>322518643

Honestly senpai the only thing that stops me from trying is the aesthetics, and those alone. it's purely a matter of taste and unfortunately it doesn't mesh well with mine
>>
>>322518643
It was pretty well talked about before. But after birth kinda killed it.
>>
What this game needs is wall puzzles

Doors that have a color that are only opened with tears that have the same color so if you get an extra item the door cannot open
Item that allows to break pots with tears or pick up items
Pushable block to shit on the ground
Movable platforms
Levels with stairs so you can have double decker and triple decker rooms just like zelda
enemies that switch colors and you have to match them up in a pattern or the same color to go to the next room.
More wall enemies like an enemy that pulls you to the wall or something like that.
Chests that have the same function as the room with a color on it or rocks that you need a certain type of tear to unlock the chance to open the chest or to break a rock you need to shoot it first.
A item that is like a dice that appears above your head and you randomly hit it and it ups the rarity of the items you get with a higher number.

Multiplayer modes like
VS mode
one huge level 2 isaacs they have two item rooms near them when they start 4 items in the starting rooms you can get the other isaacs items if you get to the room before the other isaac you can steal his items
You can hear other isaac killing enemies/bombing picking up coins etc etc
You can even add items just for this mode like invisibility or a way to muffle bomb noises or walking noises.
Show foot prints to see where isaac is
Even if you are fighting a boss the other isaac can come in kill you and kill the boss or you get the boss item and kill the isaac that tries to attack you. You can have a roulette of the items that the other isaac has. Or have a way they drop some of the items they got. The only way you can get to the next level is if you fight another isaac and defeat him.

Speed mode whoever is the fastest isaac to end the level continues on to race other fast fuckers.

Guess who co-op mode 2 isaacs they both have acess to what the other person is going to go through in a level and if one person guesses.
>>
>>322550631
Those are all bad ideas.
>>
File: 1416284047389.jpg (561 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1416284047389.jpg
561 KB, 740x740
>>322550631
>Doors that have a color that are only opened with tears that have the same color so if you get an extra item the door cannot open
>Chests that have the same function as the room with a color on it or rocks that you need a certain type of tear to unlock the chance to open the chest or to break a rock you need to shoot it first.

That sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.
>>
>>322550631
If the person guesses a right item they will get rewarded and they can have a conversation about it to help each other out with problems.
If one isaac dies they both fail and a new person is assigned to them and they restart.

Perfect hit mode
Everytime you get damaged it will be announced between two isaacs. It will tell who got damaged by what. whoever gets hit the least continues on to the next level.

Collectathon mode.
Whoever can get the most of all items in a level will advance to the next level it will give you points based on what you get in a dungeoun whoever has the most collectibles and points will advance.

Dark souls esque mode where a random person can invade your level at any random time
If you kill this isaac you will get some of their items but you have to complete their level if you die you start from level 1 all over again.

More ideas
Have blocked off areas like old legend of zelda surrounded by barriers and the barriers are only opened by hitting the item if you have 2 different barriers 2 different paths can be taken
>>
>>322551595
Nope because it rewards players who want extra rewards for playing a game with a certain tear in a level.

It would be cool to come across that in another level.

>>322551196
I like em
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.