[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Zelda U is still pretty far off and we know next to nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
Since Zelda U is still pretty far off and we know next to nothing about it, what do you want to see in it?
>gimmicks
>story
>characters
>etc
>>
>>322510976
Female Link as protag
>>
>>322511062
yfw they do it like AC syndicate
>Link for combat
>Linkle (his sister) for puzzles
>>
>>322511405

Why didn't kotaku complain about that?

>hurr sure this portrays women as more intelligent but womyn are just as powerful as men
>>
>>322511405
there was almost no difference between the two protags in Syndicate
>>
No motion gimmicks, I hope

Story doesn't get in the way and has interesting/unique NPCs

Items have combat uses, and harder enemies require smart use of stuff like the hookshot or hammer before you can slice them up with yer sword

world isn't boring and empty

that's pretty much it
>>
I hope it's so bad that the series finally dies off.
>>
>>322512834
And a companion that doesn't point out the obvious so much.
>>
>>322513001
oh god, I had forgotten about Fi

hopefully we get another Midna-esque character
>>
File: gJL5GWb.jpg (131 KB, 900x856) Image search: [Google]
gJL5GWb.jpg
131 KB, 900x856
Gimmicks
>Some kind of special form of travel (like almost all Zelda games) for the open world
>new items that you can use in multiple locations
>a lot of hidden caves and stuff to explore in the world
>make the world tell the story/ leave clues to the story in the world

Story
>an actual original story that is told through characters and the world

Characters
>lots of characters from established races and stuff that can be found in villages/cities around the map
>original spin on Zelda (sorta like in SS)

Etc.
>female Link
>Midna
>>
File: P1070808-LR.jpg (376 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
P1070808-LR.jpg
376 KB, 650x434
>>322513001
the things they point out arent obvious to normies casuals and retards
>>
>>322512404
I wouldn't know, I didn't play the game. But I heard the sister had stealth sections while the brother had more focus on brawling.
>>
File: 1446057145628.png (1 MB, 1215x1152) Image search: [Google]
1446057145628.png
1 MB, 1215x1152
An edgy story because fuck you
>>
I want the Gerudo thieves to come back.
>>
>>322513546
Considering how pathetically juvenile the stories for the last 5 games were, I honestly wouldn't mind another grimdark edgy story like Majora's Mask.
>>
File: Ocarina.of.Time.full.801178.jpg (311 KB, 2000x1301) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina.of.Time.full.801178.jpg
311 KB, 2000x1301
>>322513546
A nice story around Dark Link would be awesome.
>>
>>322513789
>pathetically juvenile

Pssshhh, nothin' personnel
>>
>>322513546
Wasn't that pretty much TP?
>>
>>322513546
>edgy link never
>>
>>322510976
Executions in Super HD.
>>
I had some ideas but I guess they're pretty gay
Multiple companions
>like a Zora, a Goron etc that follow you around and help you with combat and puzzles in different ways (like say, the Goron is strong but dumb so he might give you wrong suggestions with puzzles)
Dungeons you can beat with different items
>so maybe when you enter a dungeon you meet a fork in the road, both doors are locked, to open one you need the bow, to open the other you need a bomb
>so if you have the bow but no bombs you pick the first door and beat the dungeon that way
>maybe later in the game you have to go back to the same dungeon and beat it the other way

Also an idea for a particular dungeon
>fall into dungeon
>first room you get is the boos room
>so you first beat the boss, then find your way out of the dungeon
>>
>>322513384
Like you said Evie has some stealth skill and Jacob some higher brawling abilities but they play almost identically. There's nothing one can do the other one can't.
>>
File: 5444382468_932191878c_z.jpg (53 KB, 587x350) Image search: [Google]
5444382468_932191878c_z.jpg
53 KB, 587x350
>>322513901
>Sorry. This link is dead.

Oh, God. I didn't even notice that when I capped it.
>>
>>322514046
I like the idea of different companions, it's similar to WW with Medli and Makar
>>
Even if it wouldn't fit this game's atmosphere, I want Masks to make a return, one of the coolest parts of MM for me
>>
File: ow the edge.jpg (440 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ow the edge.jpg
440 KB, 1600x1200
>>322513546
is this you?
>>
>>322514046
>Gorons are dumb because they're big and strong

I want this meme to die

The rest of your ideas are good, though.
>>
The overworld should be vast, but have plenty of content. As well as settlements and dungeons, scatter mini-dungeons all throughout the world and let them reward the player with optional items or rupees. The game should have warp-points to key locations, but they shouldn't be so close that it renders Epona pointless.

Swordplay should have a lot of techniques, use Twilight Princess as a basis. Although all the hidden techniques in TP should be available from the beginning so enemies can be designed around them rather than letting them all be beaten by mindless slashing because certain techniques are optional. Every common enemy should be able to be beaten fairly quickly if you know what technique to use.

Bring back a magic system similar to that of Zelda 2. Wizards hidden all over the overworld will be able to teach you compulsory and optional spells that will help you in puzzle-solving and combat. There could be spells to increase your defense, make you resist the elements better, make you transform, etc.

Have a large number of settlements, with a number of different races. There can be sidequests that rely on you doing certain things for the NPCs that net you rewards like rupees, pieces of hearts, items or perhaps even spells. You could even have something similar to the Bomber's notebook or an affinity chart like the one from Xenoblade Chronicles. If you help out the villagers, it could open up shortcuts, bypass having to pay a toll, give you a discount at certain shops, etc.

Dungeon items should preferably have use outside of their dungeon, whether it's a basic use in combat or it makes another process much easier. Twilight Princess was also pretty good in the way that it gave old items a new use (Iron Boots were magnetic, you could fire bomb arrows, boomerang created a gust of wind, etc.). Have more things like that. Also have the option to upgrade your items for rupees (so that rupees aren't completely useless).

(cont.)
>>
>>322510976
>gimmicks
Transformation ie MM and TP and a key tool like OoT
>story
A princess mono like plot but with old spirits are wisdom and technology is power

>characters
I dunno, it would be cool if ganon wasn't really a bad guy but a faction you can side with and theres a greater evil or someshit

>etc
Less handholding and formulaic
Better combat and enemy ai
>>
I want to see lots of fucking waggle and gimmicks and bullshit to mask mediocre gameplay, uninspired dialogue and rehashed puzzles.
>>
/v/ keeps talking about a female Link, and I now hope it doesn't happen whereas if it just happened without /v/ ever bringing it up I would be fine with it. Why is that?
>>
isn't Monolift in charge of the overworld? that makes it guaranteed to be game of the generation.
>>
File: (You).jpg (70 KB, 546x706) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
70 KB, 546x706
>>322514552
>it's not my headcanon so it's bad
>>
>>322513001
What about no companion this time?
>>
>>322514716
It appears so according to google
>>
>>322514653
because you like to see /v/ mad
>>
>>322510976
>>gimmicks
absolute fucking none regular controls this time
>>story
what do you think its Zelda
>>characters
>>etc
>>
>>322513901
Yes, because trash like Triforce Heroes should become a standard that so many Zelda games should follow.
>>
It would be cool if you can choose a companion

But not like a fairy thay talks to you but like an actual partner
>>
>>322514942
>TFH
>trash
Faggot.

>>322514912
Gimmicks as in timetravel, wolf link, ship trsveling, masks, etc
>>
File: 1451256641222.jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
1451256641222.jpg
37 KB, 417x426
>>322513918
>TP
>edgy
>>
>>322514797
Gameplay is headcanon?

???
>>
>>322514797

What the fuck are you talking about headcanon for anon? There's never been a single line of memorable dialogue in the entire history of Zelda.
>>
E3 is going to be big this year
>>
>>322514497
Not really fussed about the story. But if there is a partner character, they shouldn't be intrusive. Perhaps don't make Zelda get kidnapped, have her be a useful side-character throughout the game.

Have Hero mode from the start. It increases damage dealt by enemies and prevents hearts from respawning naturally (forcing you to buy potions and making rupees even more useful). Also all the tutorials should be optional, perhaps start off the game with a simple "Is this your first Zelda game" prompt if you choose regular mode. Zelda games usually have fluid, intuitive controls so this is not really a major problem.

Make puzzles a bit more cryptic without being layton-tier bullshit. You could receive an item fairly early on in the game that lets you check miiverse for help if you're really stuck on something.

I'm not even asking for much new here, if they combined the best parts of every Zelda game it would be the greatest game ever made.
>>
File: nausicaa1.png (399 KB, 628x346) Image search: [Google]
nausicaa1.png
399 KB, 628x346
>>322514537
>A princess mono like plot but with old spirits are wisdom and technology is power

This is probably what's going to happen and I'm shocke that so many haven't guessed the same for the plot. They're going to ripoff Ghibli's shit so damn much in this game, right down to a technology vs. nature theme.

Bonus points if the bad guys summon a god warrior knockoff as an open-world boss.
>>
I just want actually interesting sidequests with unique rewards, storylines and bosses (as well as characters that might even appear in the main story) on top of a return to basics like ALBW was. I also hope they overcome the "use only item obtained in dungeon for puzzles) and instead make a varied amount of puzzles that work differently in order with the whole item roster, but I don't know how well they would pull that off if they decide to go for a non-linear progression between dungeons.

also qt lesbian link
>>
>>322514942
You're comparing apples and doughnuts you dribbling retard

>>322515134
Yeah.

>b-but he should have a cool slash required to beat one enemy but it doesn't do good against any other enemy because then I can't be gooder at it than everyone else because then I'll know all the pacific combos to use on each enemy but one enemy needs to stay back so that it doesn't mess it up because that wood be dumb if I can kill them all really cool and there should be lots of blood because that would be cool to

>>322515169
>I DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE MY GRAND HARDCORE GAMES SO IT IS BAD

Go be stupid somewhere else.
>>
>>322515617
Reminder that the Zelda series and Nintendo as a whole are utter trash because sheep fans like you keep accepting and buying their shit.
>>
>time travel is the gimmick, again
>companion is just this gruff guy who speaks to you remotely through a magic mcguffin
>said guy is manly older Link from the far future

How would this make you feel?
>>
>>322514797
Whereabouts on the spectrum are you?
>>
>>322515617

In my day even trolls made some small amount of sense.
>>
>>322512834
>No motion gimmicks
Waggle controls are pure shit and I hope they never return.
But gyro controls are great and no gimmick.

I hope you can aim with gyro as well as have the option to control the camera with gyro.
>>
>>322515920
I wouldn't mind that, honestly.

Also time is definitely going to be the major gimmick of this game, accounting the timeshift stone sheikah booklet on Link's hip in the new footage.
>>
File: 1445814675084.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1445814675084.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>322515617
>>
File: 1434156062412.png (113 KB, 564x276) Image search: [Google]
1434156062412.png
113 KB, 564x276
It won't happen. But I want multiple, and non-horse mounts.
>>
>>322514716
>>322514837
That's the first I've heard of it. But if it's true then it will likely be a visual master piece at the very least. With the shown footage being no mere bullshots.
>>
>>322513384
>>322514224
>>322512404
The only difference was very few missions were Jacob-only and were more about killing people, and the Evie-only was about infiltrating
>>
File: 131254193054.jpg (51 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
131254193054.jpg
51 KB, 700x514
This for the plot.

Just think about where it could go for a second.
>>
>>322514797
What the fuck are you talking about?

Also
>headcanon
Fuck off tumblr
>>
What's the trick to making likable characters in Zelda? I want some likable characters
>>
>>322516582
Well, since it's open world bullshit, then one of those flying pelicans isn't out of the question.
>>
>>322517069
Something to fuel fujos for years?
>>
>>322515617
Do you use tumblr by any chance?
>>
>>322510976
Stealth like windwaker but improved. I'd like a stealth takedown. Sidling and crawling. Good sword fighting, mobility and dodging. No QTE's. No Dark souls or MH bullshit.

Focus on gameplay, story and music.
No cinematic bullcrap.
>>
>>322516938
>game being a visual masterpiece

Honestly from what little we've seen, I think the over world looks like shit. Those mountains are the kind of shit you would see on PC games in the early 2000's, just awful and artificial-looking, not gorgeous in the slightest.

The grass and the fog are the only saving graces so far, and the rock textures are abysmal as usual. Zelda team can't into fucking rock and ground textures.
>>
>>322517514
Luckily the Monolith guys are working on it. And you're talking about the demo we've seen like a year ago.
>>
>>322516582
That is a sexy kangaroo.
She should meet Kanga.
Or Ko.
>>
>>322517304
Yes, but also

>origin story for Ganon and how he became susceptible to Demise's curse
>game where Link is raised by Gerudo
>tragic story where Link is bros with Ganondorf and tries to save him and his people from certain fate but fails
>could lead to the interracial and inter-tribal civl war that occurred before OoT
>>
>>322517907
GANON ALREADY HAD A FUCKING ORIGIN STORY, THAT'S WHAT GANONDORF WAS AAAAAAH

then they did it again by making demise and it was dumb
>>
>>322518175
If by dumb you mean awesome, sure.
>>
>>322518175
Well third time's a charm then.
>>
>>322518175
How about this
>in the "The hero failed" timeline
>actually Link was there
>plotplotplot
>game ends with Link/Zelda that decide to submerge Hyrule and remove their existence from history for some reason
>>
>>322517514
Xenoblade for the Wii is stunning and can compete in visuals to modern gen games. Despite being on the puny Wii.
And Xenoblade X is truly stunning.

There is a pretty good track record in place at the very least.
>>
the same sense of scale as xenoblade. huge world, huge monsters that you down like in shadow of the colossus. some sort of minigame in the world map like the probes too. Dunno, maybe channeling magic elements in zones to change things up.
And the most important : an idol band and costume without stats.
>>
I want challenging puzzles for once, I don't see why they can't add an easy/hard mode option for puzzle difficulty, also an improved combat system would be nice. The series has relied on the OoT combat system with minor improvements for far too long.
>>
>>322513383
>Have a hint button that calls up your companion to help you out of a jam
>If you never use it they just don't come out and help you so you can do stuff on your own

Is this so damn hard?
>>
>>322517907
Why does it have to be Ganon? S'S pretty much established that Link will be destined to face some form of Demise, so why not have a completely new character that ends up getting corrupted Darth Vader style.
>>
The end of the cycle of their destined reincarnation shit.

Make it the final game in the timeline.

You can still make future Zelda games, this one will just take place last canonically.
>>
>>322518924
Because "challenging puzzles" for an adult are impossible unless they make you solve math and shit. There's no such thing as a hard puzzle when you are grown up.
>>
How about a sequel to the original NES games, it's been nearly 30 years and we still haven't got Zelda III. Literally worse than Valve.
>>
>>322517069
>Groose was clearly set up to become the Ganon archtype in SS
>Zelda U explores the cycle in which we transition from Groose to Ganon
>Link and Zelda both learn under Ganon
>Ganon eventually betrays the throne for his own ambitions, wants Link and Zelda both to join him, allowing them to form the triforce together, and create a perfect kingdom where they rule as gods
>Link and Zelda refuse, are forced to flee the capital
>Ganon decides to simply force their cooperation
>his forces pursue them while also attacking settlements still loyal to the king (kakariko, Link's hometown, zora/goron villages, etc.) setting the stage for the game proper
>Link and Zelda must work together to free the land of hyrule
>Link with his martial skills, physical strength, and arsenal of items and tools
>Zelda with her intellect, magical prowess, and the secrets of her noble bloodline

The basic concept in my head is that Zelda and Link function as Child Link and Adult Link did in OoT, where only Link can use the Hammer, but only Zelda can use the Fire Rod, etc. Zelda can use shiekah ninja flips to sneak and climb through areas where Link would get caught (Gerudo Hideout/Forsaken Fortress stealth sections) while Link plays the more traditional LoZ character.

I think it would be interesting for items that both characters can use to have different functions in each character's hands. Zelda could use the hookshot to climb things and swing about with a Grappling Hook style rope swing, while Link uses it to remove enemy shields and pull switches and drawbridges with his strength.

This is a naive fantasy, I know, but I would love to see this kind of game instead of "GIRLS ARE JUST AS STRONG AS BOYS JUST MAKE LINK A GIRL AND CALL HER ZELDA" bullshit the SJWs are clamoring for.
>>
I want to be able to "restore" the world as I go along like OoT did, this time around it could add a lot more than just a visual change.
>>
>>322519306
Too much green, sorry.
>>
>>322517069
"Link was raised amidst Ganondorf's band of thieves" makes for a decent plot in itself.

Especially if Link was a girl.
>>
>>322519306
The only overworld that comes close to the size of Zelda 2 is Zelda U. This is the true Zelda 3.
>>
>>322519395
I had an idea for a Zelda spin off about that
>city management/adventure mix
>the world is submitted by Ganondorf
>every major city has been destroyed and changed to a dungeon
>as Link, explore dungeon, standard Zelda gameplay
>after you beat a dungeon, it gets restored as a city
>here, as Zelda, you manage the city and bring it back to greatness while defending it from Ganondorf's army
>repeat for every dungeon
>>
>>322519615
>Link was forced to suck on Ganondorf's huge dick as a little girl
It writes itself!
>>
File: 1342152853364.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1342152853364.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>322518342
>>
File: Link (1).jpg (232 KB, 670x878) Image search: [Google]
Link (1).jpg
232 KB, 670x878
>>
File: Link (4).jpg (182 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
Link (4).jpg
182 KB, 850x850
>>
File: Link (1).png (844 KB, 1365x1886) Image search: [Google]
Link (1).png
844 KB, 1365x1886
>>
>>322515617
You have problems
>>
full voice of course.
>>
>>322520789
>>322521089
More big booty boys pls
>>
File: Link (3).jpg (110 KB, 800x1005) Image search: [Google]
Link (3).jpg
110 KB, 800x1005
>>
>>322514653
Just idiots trying to trigger other idiots. Nintendo is very stubborn about certian things. They won't ever change one of their flagship characters like that.
>>
>>322521639
I'd hit it even if it was a boy.

Even though it clearly isn't.
>>
>>322518484
Shit Taker isn't part of the failed timeline. The only games there are the ones Aonuma hates.
>>
>>322523561
Oh yeah, you're right
>Shit taker
Fuck off.
>>
>>322515542
I'd like that, it's at least better than the usual Link vs. Ganon story (which will probably the base of the story anyway)

Also, Aonuma said they took a lot of inspiration from anime, so let's hope it really is Ghibli
>>
>>322515542
Nothing wrong with ripping off two of the best movies ever.
>>
>>322526425
A Zelda game based on Flash Gordon and the 1985 Transformers film?
>>
File: 1451777336106.jpg (1004 KB, 4381x2863) Image search: [Google]
1451777336106.jpg
1004 KB, 4381x2863
I know they won't do it but I really just want a pure Zelda game with no gimmicks, just good challenging dungeons, combat, and bosses.
>>
>>322525081
>Also, Aonuma said they took a lot of inspiration from anime, so let's hope it really is Ghibli

Seriously hoping he took inspiration from tasteful anime like Ghibli and not otaku moeshit, or SS's high school shenanigan bullshit with a moeblob Zelda.
>>
>>322519328
Switching between Link and Zelda is the game I've wanted for decades.
>>
>>322513278
I don't want that either, Midna was way overemphasized to the point the villains and Zelda were always adressing her, not Link. Make it someone like Navi or Tatl, who knew their place.
>>
Either
>shota Link and milf/oneesan Zelda
or
>Link in his twenties/thirties and loli Zelda
>>
File: 13403519.png (490 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
13403519.png
490 KB, 1200x600
>>322529094
This
>>
File: 14024416927132.png (105 KB, 200x379) Image search: [Google]
14024416927132.png
105 KB, 200x379
Just give Link a not!Cellphone.
The part in Wind Waker where Tetra effectively worked as your companion through the pendant was pretty cool.

And if you scavange old magtech or whatever it wouldn't even be out of place.
>>
>>322513546
there is literally nothing wrong with the bottom design
>>
>>322528990
Ew no.
>>
What if they made Zelda the Mr.Satan of Hyrule so she gets all the credit for everything Link does?
>>
>>322530674
Except no.
>>
>>322517903
That's a male
>>
>>322529094
This.
>>
>>322532851
nothing wrong
>>
File: d2d.png (210 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
d2d.png
210 KB, 600x390
>>322529094
>Zelda with character design by kloah never
>>
File: 2coolchu.jpg (16 KB, 246x238) Image search: [Google]
2coolchu.jpg
16 KB, 246x238
>>322510976
>no companion or at least option to limit their input/advice/interrupting to when you want it

>nonlinear approach to at least some dungeons and sidequests

>multiple ways to approach and defeat most enemies allowing players to come up with own playstyles and strategies

those are really whats most important to me
>>
File: Weeew.png (121 KB, 226x286) Image search: [Google]
Weeew.png
121 KB, 226x286
>>322525081

>based off anime

>mfw his inspiration was taken from Nisemonogatari, involving Linkle and a toothbrush
>>
>he thinks Zelda U is going to come out
>ever
>>
>>322533480
Missed the most important which is sort of covered, but secrets. Lots of secrets like the original LoZ
>>
>>322533592
This.
We'll probably get another 3DS Zelda before Zelda U comes out.
>>
File: feels; crying; angry.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
feels; crying; angry.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>322513342
>Midna will never return in a real Zelda game
Why live
>>
>>322513873
Dark Link is a non character.

He's a clone created by an evil wizard, or Veran, or Cia, or whoever, and he's just Link's reflection in OoT since he was a beta element ripped from the removed Light Temple and thrown into the Water Temple.
>>
>>322533675
Technically we are. If you count Musou.
>>
File: link stare3.jpg (24 KB, 156x229) Image search: [Google]
link stare3.jpg
24 KB, 156x229
>>322529094
>Link as a dudebro muscular badass
>Zelda literally a little girl
If nothing else the feminazi tears would be delicious
>>
>>322533747
Seriously, TP's companion was a bit too good for its own good.
>>
I hope they retain and improve the weapon upgrading.
SS made some great strides with the pockets and weapon upgrades, however they half assed it. Why can't the whip have an upgrade, or the Clawshots?

Hopefully they improve this, and allow for outfit customisation.
>>
I would like for Link to develop a progressively more masculine body throughout the game, culminating in a physique that rivals real-life natties such as Scooby and Jeff Seid.
>>
>>322533870
You just want more trap link.
>>
I want a game where teen/young adult Link spends a lot of protecting a young loli Zelda who does cute things. Like, the game is literally just "protect her smile." I normally hate cute girls doing cute things, but for some reason I want it in Zelda. nothing sexual
>>
>>322528990
Nah, for me the ideal side-kicks of the series are either Linebeck or the King of Red Lions, although I'd probably choose the King of Red Lions for a longer game like this.
>>
File: link malon.jpg (75 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
link malon.jpg
75 KB, 500x400
>>322534029
>but for some reason I want it in Zelda
Technically speaking, Zelda girls are cute as fuck
>>
File: 1445284523323.gif (2 MB, 509x353) Image search: [Google]
1445284523323.gif
2 MB, 509x353
>>322533747
>The Wolf Link amiibo is a Link amiibo and not a Midna amiibo
>>
>>322510976
Zelda get kidnapped or/and Ganon takes over the world or/and the world will be destroyed and it's girl Link's duty to save Hyrule
>>
File: Lone_Wolf_manga.jpg (63 KB, 383x550) Image search: [Google]
Lone_Wolf_manga.jpg
63 KB, 383x550
>>322534029
So... this?

Actually sounds pretty fun. Something like you meet Zelda and Impa on the run from Ganon, and Impa entrusts Zelda to you with her dying breath.

Throughout the game you've got Toddler Zelda strapped to your back in a papoose, and she swings the shield around and does cute shit.

Somebody make this game.
>>
>>322510976
I want to see Midna make a return as a main character. She was the best non-protagonist in the whole series.
>>
File: 1435734472614.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1435734472614.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I want some kind of sense of urgency. Like in OWH or whatever. Urgency that can actually sense in game through consequences beyond being told that shit will go down unless you succeed.
So far Majora's Mask is kind of the only game that has provided that.
>>
IT HAS TO BE SIMILAR TO OOT BUT DIFFERENT FROM OOT AND HAVE THE PLOT OF MAJORA BUT NOT THE SAME AS MAJORA AND repeat as much as needed with faggots favourite zeldas

zelda fans DO NOT KNOW what they want

adult marlon is best girl
wind waker was shit with its pathetic open world and lack of dungeons nice art style though
>>
>>322534603
Protagonist doesn't mean just the main character. Midna was a protagonist, which is arguably why she was the only companion with lasting (positive) popular.
>>
>>322518963
This.

The real problem with the over-helpful companions is that it's trivial to solve. Every 3D Zelda game has had a button that lets you talk to your companion anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 576x384
I want Groose to be a tradition

Bring an alternate version of him

You did it for fucking Impa when nobody asked for her
>>
>>322534448

>Game takes place over years
>Zelda grows from baby, to child and finally to teen
>At teen stage, she's trained to fight by Link and becomes the player character after an unbeatable boss fight separates them
>>
>>322515542
>>322514537
>implying Zelda is that predictable.

It'll be more like
>story is about a Hyrule that has a familiar kinship with animals.
>every family has an animal they relate to.
>Link's is a hawk.
>That's how he's able to slow time and see far, and under his falconer's arm-guard wears bracers like the Gerudo which are a bird-like people (Gerudo comes from "Garudo").

Wii U's big thing will be the ability to shoot hawks out of his bow as if they were arrows, and if you're in the air, they'll cling unto each other like barrel monkeys and form a parachute or other object. The Royal Family's familiar will be owls, which they use to keep tabs on all of Hyrule. There will be a big fight between hawks (day hunters) and owl (night hunters) over control of what becomes known as the Gerudo Valley.
>>
>>322534256
Those guys are fine too. Even though they had large roles, their agendas never overshadowed Link's/eventually became the same
>>
It never bothered me how Fi's entire text dialogue is being your robot servent that helps you, it made her character follow in line to what she's supposed to be.

I don't mind the battery reminders either

But having the treasure items reset their description every fucking time you turn on the game is the stupidest fucking shit I have ever seen

Don't do that
>>
File: 1410977123713.gif (198 KB, 546x521) Image search: [Google]
1410977123713.gif
198 KB, 546x521
>>322510976
>gimmicks
no in game map given to you, have to draw everything out on the wii u gamepad and memorize it

>story
extremely minimal, no long drawn out explanation cutscenes, just let the player go and have all of the lore and backstory be embedded within the world itself.

>characters
Either just have Ganon as the villain right from the get go, or get a new one and stick with it. This whole thing where they have a new villain who turns out to be a Ganon puppet halfway through the game is getting old.

>etc
I kind of felt like Skyward Sword was the start of a new direction to the series and that more games would start being linked (heh) together a little bit more. I'm not exactly dying for this, but it would be interesting to see the series take an approach like that, where this would be more of a direct sequel to SS and have references to it everywhere.
>>
>>322534652
What if there was a Persona 4 style time limit.
>>
>>322535541
>Looks up to Link, fights quite like him with a touch of sheikh agility.
FUND IT.
>>
-no handholding. In fact, no companion is preferable

-actually challenging puzzles, the only challenging puzzle in all of 3D zelda (not counting master quest) was the hookshoting to the chest in the inverse stone temple

-HARD MODE AT THE START HOLY SHIT DON'T MAKE ME PLAY THROUGH THE GAME TO GET IT

-emphasis on exploration, preferably non linear but not necessary
>>
>>322535541
I'd play it
>>
>>322519306
LttP is zelda 3 dummy
>>
>>322536030
>no in game map given to you, have to draw everything out on the wii u gamepad and memorize it
I would absolutely love this. But casuals would hate it.
>>
>>322536030
The map thing sounds cool, I would even be satisfied with a realistic unmarked map like in the Farcry games.
>>
>>322535541
Could make for an interesting twist on the OoT time travel mechanic.
>switch between past and future at will
>Adult Zelda can only progress if Link and Young Zelda solve puzzles in the past
>Adult Zelda has keepsakes from Link like the Hookshot that she uses completely differently to Link like >>322519328 said
>game ends with her training a young boy in green who's inherited the Hero's Spirit
>>
>>322536101
>-no handholding. In fact, no companion is preferable
I really dislike the handholding. But I still feel like Link should have a companion. If anything just because he needs a wingman. A tsukkomi. Someone to complement Link in interactions since Link himself has a limited character. As he should be. Making the companion important in my opinion.

But it fucking sucks when they redundantly pause the game unnecessarily for the nth time.
>>
File: 1437620110019.jpg (30 KB, 497x361) Image search: [Google]
1437620110019.jpg
30 KB, 497x361
>>322536561
>every time a baby complains people can just reply with "don't be fucking stupid"
it'll be heaven and casuals will stop pretending they like games for good
>>
>>322536061
It's Sheik or Sheikah.

Which were you trying to say? There is no in between. You have to make choices in this life anon.
>>
>>322515090
For Nintendo kind of yeah. TP felt more like them trying to make a more "adult" OoT and it fell flat a lot of the time. The problem is that TP was kind of Nintendo reacting to people's hatred of WW childish look and in the end people didn't like TP even more.

Personally I just want Nintendo to make a Zelda game without having to worry about the fans. TP and SS (two worse Zelda by far) were really made out of fans reactions than anything. So the more they try to please their fans the more the game suffers.
>>
>>322536969
you know if they add a companion they will fuck it up

enzlo and lion king are the best because they shut the fuck up outside of cutscenes
>>
>>322536561
>>322536561
>no in game map given to you, have to draw everything out on the wii u gamepad and memorize it
>I would absolutely love this. But casuals would hate it.

That would be really shite in my opinion. Unlike the original which was arranged in squares, an open 3d world would be ludicrous to have to draw. Especially when it comes to scale and judging your current position.
>>
>>322515090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz6bDaTz7eU
I actually cut my retinas viewing this video
>>
>>322535563
That sounds fucking awful but something that Nintendo would definitely do.
>>
>>322510976
>what do you want to see in it?
Dungeons on SS and TP level quality.
Boss fights on koloktos quality.
Boss fights on the world map / open world.
Expansion of SS crafting system.
Return of magic.
Not to be like a shitty wrpg where you do dumb fetch quests like in typical open world games.
Zelda to be a qt.
No companion.
Ganon to be the villain, not Ganondorf. (assuming he is the villain)
More tribal / low tech. No castles, Zelda can be a chief's daughter like in SS.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Curious to see what the whole "Surprise" factor Aunouma is planning with the Open World.

He's a mad man but he still knows how to make Zelda Fresh and throw in some unique shit

He managed to make Majora's Mask in a year with reused assets, the guy knows his shit

He delayed the game to assure it reaches the potential his team's wants

Let hope it reaches it and delivers
>>
>>322537126
Tatl is actually not that bad. The bell sound is far less annoying than Navi's yelling.
Tatl also commented on less shit. And after Tatl had commented on shit in one timeline you didn't see more of it in repeated timelines.
Tatl also had far more character than Navi. Having quite a bit of sass for a little fairy, and even character development.

The biggest con to Tatl is really looking like Navi. Because otherwise Tatl is one of the better companions.
>>
>>322537269
It's a neat thing in Etrian Odyssey.
And mapping the world and receiving rewards in town or whatever for having done it properly would have been neat.
>>
>>322537358
>bosses on Koloktos level
Shit, with one enjoyable moment near the end?
>>
>>322536030
I'd much rather it done Phantom Hourglass-style, where you get a world map, but it's pretty basic, and you get to draw notes on it yourself.
>>
>>322537780
What, like you sell your maps to Tingle?

Actually, yes please.
>>
>>322537801
Here's your (You)
>>
>>322536950

Yeah, she could have a playstyle based on more fast movements over Link's traditional style.

>Link would be able to use a Biggoron Sword, but Zelda would instead have a special Zora sword that looks like their fins, acting like a set of tonfa that allows her to attack quickly
>Hammer has an exaggerated animation that shows her struggling to lift it
>Has more magical aptitude than Link since Wisdom, so gets a varied moveset with the elemental staffs
>Fire Rod, gets just a fireball when used by Link, but gets things like flamethrower or long fire whip when used by Zelda

Also for some reason I think of something like The Simpsons Game, where Marge can let Maggie crawl into small spaces for puzzles could be an option
>>
>>322537974
Yeah. That was what I was thinking. Kind of a reversal but it would be a fairly interesting thing to do.
Not only does it allow you to personalize your map, it's far more interactive than just buying the maps. Making and selling/trading them would be neat and optional.

And if someone absolutely loathes the idea they can just copy a map from online.
>>
>>322536561

That one island in Phantom Hourglass with this gimmick was great
>>
>>322538417
Agreed.
>>
NO LINKLE

fuck off with that shit
>>
>>322538567
But Linkle is so cute.
>>
>>322538292
What about the Great Fairy's Sword, or the Rapier from Hyrule Warriors?

But basically yes to everything you said. FUND IT.
>>
>>322538567
Ounuma already deconfirmed Linkel in any capacity.
>>
>>322537624
I honestly never really bash Navi. The game was made in 1997 and for most it was their first real open world adventure game. So I can see Nintendo worried about people losing their way or not thinking in a 3D environment. People might not understand but even the first dungeon puzzle might confuse people because of how everything is based on being vertical in 3D. I mean nowadays there's no need for it but back than I can 100% see a reason why Nintendo had Navi do everything it does.
>>
>>322538091
I genuinely don't see why everyone is always complimenting Koloktos.

Yes, it's nice when you finally pick up its sword and smash it apart but that's ten seconds at the very end of the fight. Everything leading up to that is just awful.
>>
>>322510976
I want ganon to use the Gerudos as his pawns in the early game and have big battles happend in the story between gerudos and hylians.
Then it would all go to shit once ganon finished his plan and uses pawns of the underworld or some other evil shit. At that moment there'd be a big aliance of every race to help you get to the final boss, wich would be of epic scale with a war-like scenery all around the castle/tower you're fighting on.
>>
>>322533628
>>322533628

ah yes and secrets, plenty of secrets are important.

But honestly though if they are trying to appeal to fans of the original LoZ then having a non-optional companion is kind of insulting when fans playedthru LoZ as kids without any guide besides the manual
>>
I want more items like in TP. I enjoyed the spinning top and the ball and chain immensely.
>>
>>322539258
Oldfag here.

You pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>322516152
>gyro controls are great
Are you fucking insane? They are literally worse than waggle.
>>
File: Fi_Artwork.png (2 MB, 2391x2392) Image search: [Google]
Fi_Artwork.png
2 MB, 2391x2392
"Fi is the key to all of this...if we get her working, because she's a more useful character then we've ever had in the Zelda games before..."
>>
I'd like to see magic return.

Both as a game mechanic and as an element. Bring back Fairy Fountains and hidden grottos with cool stuff in them.
>>
>>322539258
I don't know how much they are trying to appeal to LoZ fans. If anything they are just basing it off LoZ but only in the non linear structure. So like ALBW but to a bigger extreme.
>>322539667
Fi might be the worse companion ever in a game. "Hey let me tell you about that item after you read a page of text explaining the item!" and "There's a 79% chance a boss is behind that door!"

And now we all know she is forever trapped in the Master Sword to be hit against walls for the rest of time.
>>
>>322537441
>He's a mad man but he still knows how to make Zelda Fresh and throw in some unique shit

You're joking right?

He managed to make Majora's Mask in a year with reused assets, the guy knows his shit

No, that was Koizumi. Aonuma was fucking around and procrastinating, so Miyamoto pulled Koizumi into the project as co-director to get it done. That's probably why Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess had ridiculous dev cycles even though they weren't cutting edge or extremely ambitious in scope in the slightest. Guy can't manage game development worth a shit.
>>
File: 1342242181044.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1342242181044.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>322539606
Yeah, it totally ruined the bow and arrow mechanics in Twilight Princess. And the clawshot mechanics in Skyward Sword. And OoT remaster. And Majora's Mask.
>being a pleb
>you
Pick one
>>
>>322540046
He even admitted with TP he decided to distract himself with Minish Cap.
>>
>>322510976
>WW comfy atmosphere and soundtrack
>TP combat with enemies actually designed to take advantage of and react to it (you'd better learn how to fight or you'll get your shit pushed in)
>SS Hard Mode (available at start) and upgrading

>Useful and interesting items (Whip, Spinner) with some complexity (Double Clawshot)
>Items that can use magic as a resource but aren't entirely useless without it either
>Bow available early on and made more complex than point & shoot, integrated into combat more
>Resurgence of magic in general, including combat-viable and combat-enhancing spells
>100-floor Savage Labyrinth/Cave of Ordeals
>Map is wide open and largely unexplored (start with starting town and capital/Castle Town marked, rest blank) but fills in as you encounter landmarks and towns
>Some major areas can be teleported to with magic later on, but many smaller areas cannot and horseback travel is incentivized with many secrets, useful collectibles, and hidden dungeons
>Fucking puzzles worth something you keep giving me a companion to hold my hand if I need help make the puzzles hard enough to warrant it holy shit

>Several recurring active characters who you're never really forced to interact with but can help you if you work with them, provide sidequests, and maybe even be recruited for help in certain areas/dungeons, but are generally there to show you that you're not the only one working to help a kingdom full of apathetic assholes
>>
>>322540019
>"Hey let me tell you about that item after you read a page of text explaining the item!"
I don't understand it. I just can't wrap my mind around how anyone could think that was a good idea.

Someone had to write a description of the item and how it works, then someone had to script Fi poppng up, then someone had to write a near identical description of the item and how it works. You're more than doubling the amount of work to make something more annoying for the player. Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>322540292
I thought it was Phantom Hourglass, not Minish Cap?

Or maybe it was both.
>>
>>322536101
>this entire post
Did you just completely forget that Zelda is made for kids? Or are you retarded?
>>
>>322540645
>implying kids play Zelda anymore, let alone Nintendo
>implying that the fan base isn't full of adults and late-teens now
>>
pretty obvious but i'd like it to be set after SS, with the new generation reclaiming Hyrule from the leftover monsters

have the world be very wild and filled with old ruins with only occasional settlements and maybe one main village
>>
>>322540548
No, Phantom Hourglass was just "they don't like Toon. I will MAKE them like it."

He figured the big/small world ideas of Minish could lead to ideas for TP's two "worlds" of human Link and Wolf Link.
>>
>>322540294
>kingdom of apathetic assholes

Remember LTTP where everyone was on edge and the town people would call the guards on you and you'd have to slaughter them all? That was cool.
>>
>>322540848
>implying any of that matters to nintendo when they've shown and even stated on multiple occasions that they don't care about their older audience
It's stupid, but it's the truth
>>
>>322540848
>now

Why do you think Wind Waker sold so bad. Even NOA acknowledged the kiddy art style and complete no difficulty repelled and alienated the older fan base of the series.
>>
>>322540505
I love how they tired to me you feel sorry for Fi. Almost likely they wanted to do another TP thing where the companion can never meet another Link again. But unlike Midna no one liked Fi.
>>
File: 1451345123383.png (366 KB, 600x680) Image search: [Google]
1451345123383.png
366 KB, 600x680
>>322539667
Fi was so cute, why did she have to be such an awful fucking companion?
>>
>>322541715
Every character can be improved a thousand times over by making them a little girl
>>
>>322541670
You mean like they do with companions at the end of every Zelda game since OoT. Navi, Ezlo, Tatl, King... all "Oh so sad our adventure is over now we have to part ways aren't you sad boo hoo"
>>
>>322539606
>They are literally worse than waggle.
Are you fully and completely inept?
How can you even possibly think this?
>>
>>322541715
I think they thought making her more robotic in nature would seem as cute. But in the end it was more annoying than helpful.
"There's a 87% chance there's a boss behind this door"
YES I KNOW THAT BECAUSE THERE'S A FUCKING BOSS ICON RIGHT THERE!
>>
>>322540092
>>being a pleb
>>you
>Pick one
Aight, I'll pick (you) and continue to hate the worst fucking aiming mechanic ever. Gyro is fucking dogshit.
>>
>>322542354
I wonder if she's less hand-holdy in the Japanese version? Maybe it's just a really shitty translation.
>>
>>322542717
Would they really add more dialog to her? I can't imagine them doing that but who the fuck knows. Personally I feel Fi was just as awful in the Japanese version.
>>
>>322540092
>it totally ruined the bow and arrow mechanics in Twilight Princess.
That was pointer based. SS bow mechanics were gyroscope and they were much worse.

>And the clawshot mechanics in Skyward Sword.
Yep, they were awful.
>>
>>322542717
She would still pop out just as often, but I suppose she might not be quite as obvious.
>>
A character besides the main 3 that would be good in smash
>>
>>322543261
That's what I'm thinking. She might've just dropped hints like Navi, rather than telling us exactly what item we needed to use, and how to use it.
>>
>>322512834
>and harder enemies require smart use of stuff like the hookshot or hammer

No, they shouldn't require it, but they should be a complete bitch to fight without them.
>>
>>322543364
Tingle already exists.
>>
>>322543364
>Who is Impa
>>
>>322510976
>gimmicks
As long as it's cool
>story
Colorful but also atmospheric.
Kinda like a classic fantasy book that everyone can enjoy.
>characters
As long as the cast is memorable.
I do want to see species like Gorons and Zoras appear or maybe even brand new ones.
>etc
That it doesn't suck
>>
>>322543574
only if it's her original zelda ii design
>>
>>322537780
Etrian Odyssey uses a grid system. Zelda hasn't used a grid system since the Oracles, and has never used a grid system in a 3D title.

drawing a map in Etrian Odyssey is really easy if you pay even the slightest bit of attention, drawing a map in a 3D Zelda would be much more difficult.
>>
>>322515498
>if they combined the best parts of every Zelda game it would be the greatest game ever made

That kind of goes without saying.
>>
>>322543025
>Yep, they were awful

You know you can reposition the center at any time right? It took a couple minutes to mentally separate it from pointer controls but after that its perfect
>>
>>322543778
>Impa
>original design
>Zelda 2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgefAXTLEwU
>>
>>322543778
Nah, if it's gonna be Old Impa, make it Old Impa from Skyward Sword.

Say what you will about the gameplay, but that game had some GOAT character designs.
>>
>>322543932
The problem is that you have to reposition the center. Every time you use the gyrocontrols you're working from a different reference frame so you either have to be constantly resetting the center or constantly trying to adapt to a subtly different control scheme.

It's alright on any one use, but in situations where you have to switch back and forth between items and sword use it's just terrible.
>>
>>322540645
none of what I said affects kids, if I could get through LttP as an eight year old I don't think asking for a little challenge is too much
>>
>>322536101
>the only challenging puzzle in all of 3D zelda (not counting master quest) was the hookshoting to the chest in the inverse stone temple

>Hurr, only stuff in dungeons counts as puzzles
>>
>>322544601
I never said that
>>
>>322544442
Too many people think kids are 1 note toddlers. Yes, it's true that they're stupid but they're not fucking retarded.
>>
>>322543854
The lack of grid system is what make the 3D titles so much better than the 2D titles for the most part and why WW's overworld was shit.
>>
>>322544676
So what about hookshoting to the chest in the inverse stone temple makes it tougher to solve than every single quest in the entire series?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>322539667

Concept wise yeah, she was great

It's the execution of her aide that went to shit

Otherwise her herself as a character was great

Ghirahim revealing himself to literally be an advanced version of Fi for the villain was even better
>>
>>322518902
OK anon, I love Xenoblade as much as the next guy, but saying it can hold up against even last gen games in the graphics department is straight up delusional.
>>
>>322541715

She's only awful because the game is filled with handholding, you shouldn't blame her for something that was clearly the games own fault

As a character she's fantastic, with all the sword abilities and even her fucking speech was great
>>
>>322545336
it was obtuse and not obvious but it uses a well known mechanic from the series, as all puzzles should strive to do, unlike the shit they pull in TP and SS where there are no puzzles, only basic logic and pattern recognition
>>
>>322545545
I should also mention that the treasure was well hidden within the room design rather than having visual cues point to it or having nothing in the room but the chest. The room also has multiple other doors so your attention won't be 100% on it
>>
If Zelda becomes harder will all the girls stop playing?
>>
>>322546126
Yes.
>>
>>322546126
yes and they'll bitch up a storm about it, and there will be Kotaku and Polygon articles saying that Nintendo is sexist for making a game too hard for girls (which hilariously enough is sexist in and of itself because they're implying that girls can't beat a difficult game because they're girls).
>>
>>322546416
there's literally no way that will happen. what does "too hard for girls" even mean. how do you quantify that
>>
>>322546547
They'll find a way anon. The headline will be something along the lines of

"Is Game Difficulty a Barrier to Accessibility?"

or something like that. And they'll do everything BUT literally say that girls can't play difficult games yet they'll somehow make someone else seem like the sexist asshole.

None of this will happen though, Nintendo won't make the next Zelda game difficult at all, and that's honestly fine. The series hasn't ever been difficult since after AoL. It's more of a comfort game.
>>
>>322546547
Harder than the current piss easy difficulty of the series.
>>
>>322546547
Well there was that whole "Wikipedia's articles are biased towards men for it's formal and masculine prose, let's edit it to make it more feminine" thing a while back. You can google it. You have to see it for yourself.
>>
>>322517069
This gives me a tingle.
>>
File: long.jpg (47 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
long.jpg
47 KB, 500x557
I just thought of something?

Not that I've actually played a whole heap of open-world games, but the ones I have seem to have a massive amount of items and collectibles for you to find. Zelda has traditionally had a pretty low item count in comparison and they've always (bar albw) had you find them in the dungeons.

Do you think we could see a major overhaul of the way they handle items in this game. Like there's many more and they are found in the overworld. Perhaps also expanding upon the upgrade system in ss.

Surely they would have to do something like this to not make the (apparently) massive open world feel pointless to explore?
>>
>>322546416
Girls love SMT games. Maybe nintendo fan girls are insane(considering the censorship shit), but not everyone else.
>>
File: ICAME.jpg (64 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
ICAME.jpg
64 KB, 600x837
yfw Zelda U takes inspiration from Record of Lodoss War
>>
>>322549226
literally what
>>
>>322547939
Different and bonus gear and materials for making costumes ala Tri-Force Heroes but with a qt girl Link and in HD.
>>
>>322548538
Girls are just fun to shitpost about. If I was a girl I would use my powers to shitpost incredibly hard.
>>
>>322549348
she's just standing up and the water that was on her skirt is falling off.
>>
>>322549226
>Zelda game goes full 90s anime

>with character designs by Obari
>>
>>322510976
>Zelda NX
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.