[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: FFXV-Battles.jpg (634 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-Battles.jpg
634 KB, 1400x788
>try out Episode Duscae for the first time
>gameplay is utter shit
What a disappointment. If the upcoming demo is shit too I'm dropping this.
>>
>>322506923
It is kinda shitty right now.
They have been acknowledging feedback, but who knows if it'll make a difference.
>>
>>322506923
This was my initial reaction as well. Because it feels like you're not in control. But once you get used to it it's not so bad. Also it's less automatic than you might think. Keep playing and try to analyze what is happening when you press what.
>>
>>322506923
Why are the hero not dressed more like those soldiers ? And devs please put a female in too while you're at it that'd be nice
>>
It's because it's not versus 13.
>>
File: content with your job.jpg (51 KB, 562x730) Image search: [Google]
content with your job.jpg
51 KB, 562x730
>Biggest complaint is gameplay in a series where gameplay was just clicking on attack, magic, or item for the first several decades

Could be worse; could be much worse.
>>
>>322510275
I think versus would have been fairly shallow compared to today's standards.

>>322510623
If square wants to go full action game on us they need to step their shit up. That's the only way I'll forgive them for not making it turn based.
>>
>>322510746
>You can either Be A or Z, but if you fucking do anything else I'll get a militia to occupy your government buildings.
>>
File: tumblr_nzotfxA6C51tj9viqo2_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzotfxA6C51tj9viqo2_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x544
>>322510746
>versus would have been fairly shallow compared to today's standards.

I like the ambitious route that the game's taken ever since being renamed to XV but then versus 13 looked very ambitious for its time as well. And desu I actually prefer the style of that more as the game in general looked mature and gothic. Eg. Noctis before looked cool as shit and now he looks way too boyband. Point is, it has changed from Nomura's vision and now I'm not sure if it will be the game I was looking forward to all these years. Especially since playing the demo which has average combat.

But oh well it does look absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>322510897
It's not about doing A or Z. It's about changing a jrpg series' gameplay into a different genre. The only way that's okay if it fits and is really good for that genre. If it's a mediocre action game then why the fuck would I want to play it?
>>
>>322506923
They did add some new features like manual weapon switching, but we still have to see what the base combat feels like in comparison to Duscae.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.