[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with WoW? I've been given 10 days free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Nice meme.png (113 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Nice meme.png
113 KB, 256x256
What's wrong with WoW?

I've been given 10 days free time, and I've been looking into a MMO.

With all the years it's been around, surely it's the best MMO to go for. Other's seem to completely shit on it for some reason.

I have a question. Are people shitting on this game because they've been disappointed in it recently, or because it's actually bad? I'm interested as to why people dislike WoW so much currently.
>>
>What's wrong with WoW?

It's called Blizzard since 2008.
Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch. All are shitty games.
>>
>>322506458
Play it yourself and form an opinion on your own instead of asking /v/ how a game you could see for yourself is

God damn I hate stupid "hey /v/, make my opinion up for me I'm too stupid to do on my own" threads
>>
>>322506458
It's disappointment in how the game has transitioned to be more "casual" in a lot of people's eyes. It's still the best Blizzard game in a decade.
>>
>>322506874
>2008
WoW came out in 2004, anon. It was shit then when compared to its predecessors: Ultima Online, Everquest, Asheron's Call, etc.
>>
File: 1425756613937.png (164 KB, 200x352) Image search: [Google]
1425756613937.png
164 KB, 200x352
They bastardized everything that made it fun and popular and now the bots outnumber the human population. They raped the lore, made it braindead easy for gamer girls and 7 year olds playing it on daddy's money (Basically on the same mental level), destroyed and rebuilt every single class over and over again until all flavor and familiarity was gone, retconned shit up the ass and made the old guard leave.

And everyone gets that free 10 days trial. The only thing it allows you is literally use the game's mechanics and do quests. You can't use the chat, can't party up, can't raid, can't do anything other than walk and attack.
>>
>>322507224
>WoW came out in 2004, anon.

Last good Blizzard game was in 2008, anon.
>>
>>322506458
>Not playing OSRS
>>
>>322507365
what the fuck did blizzard make in 2008 that was good? because as far as i'm concerned, WoW and everything after it is garbage
>>
>>322506458
>Are people shitting on this game because they've been disappointed in it recently, or because it's actually bad?
It isn't bad, by any means. It isn't exactly what a lot of very vocal people want it to be, but that doesn't make it bad.
>>
FFxiv is much better, played WoW for years and it's just become some shitty collection game now. Feel free to play it though and form your own opinion.
>>
Thanks all for you input, just interested as to what people had to say.
>>
File: wew lad.png (6 KB, 273x312) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
6 KB, 273x312
>>322507638
>the game that literally destroyed the MMO genre isn't bad

wew lad
>>
File: Untitled1.png (49 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
49 KB, 1024x768
>>322506458
>>
>>322508034
I saw the population graphs, that's what kinda had me worried they fucked up super hard.
>>
>>322508034
WotLK was fucking garbage
>>
>>322508268
WoW will never die and the population will always be millions because it's so casual and easy to get into

when it was released though every other MMO tried to copy WoW, so all you get are WoW clones now
>>
>>322508497
K

Nostralus is a thing, fag, go play on there.
>>
>>322508034
Cataclysm at launch was much more fun than mid-late WotLK.
>>
File: worldofniggers.png (153 KB, 527x300) Image search: [Google]
worldofniggers.png
153 KB, 527x300
>>322508714
>WoW
>Fun

I remember when /v/ mods would post this in WoW threads ten years ago before publicly banning the OP because discussing WoW was against the rules.
>>
File: 1438925109600.jpg (77 KB, 417x401) Image search: [Google]
1438925109600.jpg
77 KB, 417x401
>Alienating the pvp community and only caring about the dragonslayers

Sorry but having pvp is a huge, HUGE part into how wow became so incredibly popular. People tend to enjoy pvp a lot more these days than pve in general (See why many popular games these days are usually things with multiplayer)
>>
>WoW
Probably among the most boring mmos in existence and they make you pay a monthly fee.
>>
>>322508821
Who you trying to fool newfriend?
>>
>>322506458

/v/ hates it simply because it's popular and most of us that used to play it just grew out of it and it's difficult to get back that nostalgic feeling from Vanilla wow, it's still a great MMO, It's the only MMO I could really get into because everything else felt like shit after WoW, try it and see what you think of it, but definitely don't listen to bitter neckbeards that hate it only because of nostalgic memories of a time when the game and the community was thriving.
>>
File: he's right you know.jpg (72 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
he's right you know.jpg
72 KB, 800x598
>>322511532
>he wasn't on /v/ pre-habbo hotel
>>
>>322512160
you're mixing up /v/ and /b/
Browsing ED just so you can pretend to be an oldfag huh?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.