[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo hate money? The attachment rate of the Wii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-14-45-53.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-14-45-53.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Why does Nintendo hate money? The attachment rate of the Wii U is really good.

If Nintendo actually printed enough games, it would be even better.

>Bayonetta 2
>Pikmin 3
>Devils Third

All of those games sell $75+ on ebay
>>
>>322504804
Meanwhile, Bayo 2 is sold for 10€ here in glorious Yurope.
>>
Not gonna lie, I copped the Bayo 2-pack as soon as the Smash Direct ended because I knew the price would inflate horribly and never come down.
>>
>>322504979
So, smash brothers is basically an advertisment?

I wish they would have put some w101 in there and watch all those copies go rare
>>
>>322504979
I went to FUCKING GAMESTOP to pre-order the Premium Edition. I never did that before or ever again.
>>
>>322504973
Well that explains a lot.
>>
I bought both bayonetta for $60 on the eshop, dont regret it, digital is the only way to go now. Retail copies need to die.
>>
>>322505563
Have fun losing all your games in five years when your wii u bricks and you cant download them anymore
>>
It will almost certainly get a reprint between now and February.
>>
>>322505739

have fun not playing anything because you cant find them , Also try opening your old disc games I bet you will enjoy all the fungi you will find
>>
Didn't realize at the time, but I don't remember seeing any copies when I was hunting down Xenoblade a few weeks ago either.
>>
The reason it hasn't sold well is because there aren't enough copies available. Yes...that's the ticket...
>>
I finally got around to buying it around the time GameStop was selling it for $30 new. Best gaming decision last year.
>>
>>322505117
>So, smash brothers is basically an advertisment?
Now you're getting it.
Why do you think there are so many FE characters all of a sudden?
>>
File: 0103161501.jpg (1020 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0103161501.jpg
1020 KB, 2048x1536
>>322505918
>have fun not playing anything because you cant find them
>>
>>322506365
Because the guy who made the game likes fire emblem
>>
>>322504804
With Devil's Third they barely printed any copies because they wanted to sweep it under the rug after all the bad press.
>>
>>322507297
And it turned out to be a fun game.

Its more of a 39.99 game rather than a 59.99 though
>>
>>322504973
Came here to post this. It is usually around 10-20 Euro. I might pick it up if I ever see it for a fiver.
>>
>>322507297
I think something else happened.

>animal crossing gets 44
Nintendo shills it to death
>devil third gets a 43
Nintendo pretends it doesnt exist
>>
>>322507423
I'll have to go by your word since I'll never find a copy for a decent price and fuck digital games.
>>
>>322504804
>attachment rate is good
No shit, you have like 6 games to choose from.
>>
>>322505563
>buying digital games for Nintendo platforms
Absolute madman
>>
>>322507712
Six more than sony,microsoft or pc.
>>
>>322504804
First game I am pirating on my Wii U.
>>
>>322507821
Not quite, those all have muliplats that people actually care about. The Wii U fucking sucks dude, bayonetta 2 was good though.
>>
>>322504804
>retail
L O L
O
L
>>
They didn't made this game hopping that it sell. They know normalfags wouldn't care.
>>
>>322506382

You faggots realize you can pirate Wii U shit right?
>>
Bayonetta 2 is over a year old, no shit its hard to find in retail.
>>
>>322506365
Because Nintendo hates Star Fox
>>
Don't Americans know that they can easily order games online these days?
>>
Be honest with me /v/. What was the last Nintendo console even worth owning? Handhelds do not count since it's well established that is Nintendo's strength.
>>
>>322508414
So salty
>>
>>322508476
NintenDrone.
>>
>>322504804
this shit happens with all nintendo 1st party games. which is why i soft mod
>>
Is it nintendo trying to force digital?

It makes sense. But they have always been kind of limited. Also some people just wont buy it before they buy digital
>>
>>322510035
I think it's also that Nintendo games usually don't have used copies available because people rarely sell them.
>>
>>322510654
Why is this so?
>>
>>322509343
Ditto, though online Mariokart and Splatoon have lost their lustre lately :l too easy.
>>
File: 1400445498957.png (487 KB, 571x538) Image search: [Google]
1400445498957.png
487 KB, 571x538
>>322510972
People like Nintendo games, I guess. They tend to have a lot of replayability
>>
>>322504804
>If Nintendo actually printed enough games, it would be even better.

This reminds me of the time the communist propaganda ministry, during a oil shortage, said that they have enough oil but not enough barrels to transport it.
>>
>>322510972
Because nintendo games are good.

People bitch about how nintendo never drips price. Its because they dont have to.

Think of it like this. A car that sells for 30k will be worth a lot more in 15 years than one that was sold originally for 10k

The difference is, for some reason. It doesnt matter if its the porche of video games or the pinto, it still sells for 59.99

So yeah, youll see the generic sportd game for 10 dollars because its the same shit every year. Its not special. Its not every year you get a new zelda and when you do its different
>>
>>322510972
A lot of factors. They only print the copies they think they can sell, so they also don't usually drop the prices to get rid of excess stock like other publishers. The people who buy the games were committed enough to spend full price on them (and own the console), so are much less likely to sell it used. Most Nintendo games are also fun to just pick up and play whenever, so people rarely feel like they "finished them" like they do with a lot of other 8-hour AAA games.
>>
>>322504804
this isnt anything new, go look up the prices for snes, gamecube, and n64 exclusive games. i guarantee 90% of them are overpriced
>>
>>322511696
I can never tell if these kinds of posts are sincere or not.
>>
>>322506865
He's not that big a fan, and even he thought a fifth character would be overkill.
>>
>>322511909
Or they are the right prices and shitty multiplats are too expensive
>>
>>322507702
Well, Animal Crossing has a broad appeal (supposedly), so shilling it might get sales.

Devils Third only appeals to people who are well aware of it's review scores.
>>
>>322512269
except they arent i remember when gamestop would have games like earthbound for $20 and now they are selling for 10 times the price. most snes games were cheap as fuck back in the late 90s
>>
>>322511192
And Sony and Microsoft games don't?
>>
>>322511696
>Because nintendo games are good.

I personally found some of Microsofts games to be of greater value then most of the nintendo games I played.

Not only well made but with a ton of content as well. People here shit on games like Gears 1-3 and Halo 1-3 but imo they are amongst the greatest games of all time. I also thought Fable 1-2 were pretty good games as well.

I don't think it's this. I just think Nintendo purposefully inflates the prices. Now don't get me wrong. I do think they have tons of fantastic games. But the games I listed I would say are better than most perhaps all Nintendo games I played. Now admittedly, A large reason why games like the gears and halo series had value is due to multiplayer. Which will eventually die out.
>>
>>322512406
The internet and especially online sales weren't as big back then, so people didn't have their shit together like they do now where they can use their phone to find the going price of something in 2 seconds. Shit, Gamestop's been so out of the loop they hadn't figure that out up until the past couple years when they saw they had copies of Xenoblade sitting around they could double the price on and sell online. Now they're savvy enough to open new copies of games when the used copies are going for more, because they can't mark the price up until its "used".

My Wal-mart has a couple copies of Pikmin 3 sitting around because they just happen to have them, and no one's buying them. Meanwhile they're going for double that online. What something is worth varies a lot by area, availability, and ignorance.
>>
>>322512838
>Microsoft games don't?

Judging from the rate with which they return to gamestop, they either do not, or Xbox players are Gamerscore junkies.
>>
>>322512838
Not really, no.

>>322513562
And those games probably printed a lot more copies than they sold.

>I just think Nintendo purposefully inflates the prices.
Nintendo games usually sell the numbers they print. There's a reason why Other M is dirt cheap: No one bought it and everyone hates it. Wonderful 101 was a financial bomb and thus the price reduced.

Outside of that, Nintendo games rarely drop in price.
>>
I wanted to my the last xenoblade for christmas
couldn't find it in any shop
no problem, I'll keep my money
>>
>>322508476
>a year
That's nothing. I snagged Bayo1+2, but I'm in the same boat for Pikmin 3. Fucking ridiculous when you actually want to buy, but you can't unless you go digital.
>>
>>322513778
See I'm much more willing to buy into this. It's probably just that Nintendo fans are much more passionate hardcore gamers. Which is a good thing imo.
>>322513786
>And those games probably printed a lot more copies than they sold.
True but I would bet this is largely because microsoft could afford to do this. In fact logic should tell them they should leave console gaming for good but they technically don't have to at all.
>>
>>322514169
Yeah i want pikmin 3. I will keep looking at gamestop. Theres a used copy about 40 miles away. Pathetic.

Also, fuck these broken captchas. Im not buying a pass Jap moot.
>>
My local Walmart had it for $60 can I make money off that? I don't give two shits about the game.
>>
>>322504804
>Dont support game when it releases
>surplus stock everywhere
>joins smash
>retards buy up surplus
>WAAH WAAH WHY CANT I FIND THIS OLD AS FUCK GAME THAT I DIDNT REALLY WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Viper kill urself my man
>>
>>322514538
Again, Pikmin 3 is sold for around 35€ in Yurop right now. NSMBU and especially Luigi U on the other hand have gotten quite expensive.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.