[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game even have a story? It's like I'm playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Does this game even have a story? It's like I'm playing Dungeon Siege - it's fun and the combat's great but I have no idea why I'm even doing it. 'Cause some chick in Majula told me to? I heard those games are praised for their stories, wtf man?
>>
>>322496507
Dark Souls is not kind of game full of cutscenes and dialogues. You have to explore, read item descriptions.

Dark Souls 2 story is nowhere near to Dark Souls 1 but the lore exists.

The story is here if you have patience to explore it.
>>
The story is very vague. If you read the wiki, what the community has cobbled together as a "story" was mostly interpreted through cryptic item descriptions and blatant guesswork.
>>
Story must be cherrypicked together from item descriptions and very few cutscenes and conversation with npc. Also leaves a lot to imagination. If you too lazy to figure out yourself (like most) check VaatiVidya youtube channel
>>
Also the story is fucking depressing so you better prepare for feels.
>>
You're looking for the King to break the curse. To do that you gotta kill 4 big bads.

Thats all I've got. It does seem very vague even for From clearly A team has the better writers.
>>
You have some curse that makes you forget things. You are told the Vendrick has the cure but you have to get 4 powerful souls before you can get to him. Then you go do some shit and the queen tell you to go into giant memories for some reason and then you fight Vendrick and nothing fucking happens and then you open up the Throne of Want, or some shit, and the queen attacks you for some reason. DS2's story is pathetic.
>>
>>322497904

Theres 1 fucking ending and it doesnt relate to why you came to Drangleic in any way.

In DeS, DS, and BB you can at least choose the ending that the game has been guiding you towards.
>>
It's not really hard to understand. Metroid games have even less plot and nobody ever says anything about it.
>>
It has a story, it isn't a cinematic experience though anon. The story is told through talking to NPCs and the descriptions of items.
>>
>>322498279
There's 2
>>
>>322496507

It was written by the /b/ team

They even had to overhaul and rewrite half the lore because it was so bad
>>
Even if it did have a story
>caring a bout a story
>in a fucking game
Nigga what are you doing
>>
>>322498279
They added a second ending in Scholar of the first Sin where you can leave the throne of want and wander into darkness
>>
>>322496507

the story is that ur a slightly disappointed dark souls fan but you're glad that at least multiplayer works a big better and you're surprised that soul memory didn't fuck things up as bad as you expected it to, but you'd still prefer soul level based online like DaS1

you can't wait for 3 to come out

this is all explained in the lore just read the item descriptions
>>
>>322498862
>i play games solely for gameplay
>>
>>322496507
It's a video GAME

Games don't need stories. You wouldn't play chess and complain about a lack of story would you?
>>
>>322499107
Who doesn't? Good story, characters, music and all that shit is just added extra. It's good if it's there but it's not a requirement.
>>
>>322498892
>>322498647
>>322498639

My bad. I couldnt be fucking asked to rebuy/pay for the DLC after the crushing disappointment and shilling DS2 was.

And wow, the new final boss tried so fucking hard to be like Gwyn, a pathetic being that is a shell of its former self while sad music plays, and the new ending is literally the Darkwraith one but without the serpents. Bravo B Team, bravo!
>>
>>322496507
its a fucking meme game and everyone knows it, it's as shit as part 1.

demon and bb are only decent souls games and they are not even great, just decent.

please dont fall for the meme
>>
>>322499507

>Being a casual who eats up memes
>>
>>322499596
Buying the upgrade is not required to get the second ending. It got added with the patch released for the first version when SOTFS released.
>>
I just want to get past the Shrine of Amana. That fucking last part with 2 mages and 3 soldiers is fucking bullshit. Tedious as fuck :|
>>
>>322499760
>i don't know what meme means but I'll Scream it like a retard
>>
>>322500059
git gud
>>
>>322499760
>muh sony exclusives best gaems
>>
>>322499945
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>322500313

>I was only pretending to be a filthy pleb
>>
>>322500059
>struggling with DS2
>>
>>322500059
What build are you running? Unless you have good magic def (you probably don't), kill the mages first.
For the soldiers, hit once and roll like fucking Sonic.

It's a lot easier to go through as a tank, but after the shrine it's really hard.

Also, careful with Velstadt (or whatever he's called) once you reach the crypt. All bosses after him are a joke, though.
>>
>>322496507
Bearer

Seek

Seek

Lest

that's about it
>>
From what I heard the Queen was a part of Manus that broke off after he died in the DS1 DLC, which is why she looks like Dusk of Oolacile when she's at the throne. She sought power since she was the smallest fragment of Manus, so she hopped on Vendrick's dick since he was super powerful. She pretended to be nice but really she wanted to get to the Throne of Want for some reason, but she can't because she is too weak. This is where you come in. You manage to take out all the shit that was blocking her from getting to the throne, and after you beat the Watcher and Guardian, she comes in knowing the only thing left between her and the throne is you.

At least, this is what I've heard.
>>
>>322496507
It has a From "story" as in they give you a few vague sentences of exposition and nothing else.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.