[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ shit on Bethesda for wacky nonsensical writing when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Fantastic.jpg (373 KB, 1050x751) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic.jpg
373 KB, 1050x751
Why does /v/ shit on Bethesda for wacky nonsensical writing when pic related is worst than anything Bethesda has ever done?

Why the fuck would the NCR even hire him, it makes no sense and was basically just Obsidian being random lol for the sake of it
>>
>>322493139
Fallout always has wacky stuff in it, especially in Fallout 2. Bethesda is just shit at it, makes it inconsistent as fuck and poorly handled in general. Fantastic's dialogues were fantastic, you pleb. He just bullshitted his way through the job interview, he's a charisma character in normal RPGs.
>>
Why would the enclave attack the purifier prior to activation when activation is what they wanted to begin with
>>
>>322493139
The purpose of that guy was to show the player how NCR was corrupt and were doomed to fail.
>>
>>322493139
It shows that the NCR are incompetent state.
>>
>>322493429
Fantastic doesn't show that NCR is corrupt, just extremely incompetent outside of California
>>
File: 317.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
317.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>322493139
First, pic related.

Second, there would have been no quest if there were someone decent in his place. He isn't doing shit, you get opportunity to fix it yourself, burn profligates with orbital laser. EZ.
>>
>>322493139
>Fallout has no wacky stuff
I see you completely missed out on 2 which is essentially the grandfather of memegames.
>>
>Massive, bloated republic stretched beyond its capacity into the Mojave
>Walk past the escaped NCR prisoners who are murdering and marauding all over due to the NCR not being able to spare the manpower to stop them
>Walk past the town the Powder Gangers are harassing while the NCR just watch from across the highway because they have no men and are incompetent
>Walk past the massive outpost where all the NCR people just sit around drinking and doing nothing
>Walk past the NCR-controlled energy plant where they don't have anyone who actually knows anything about running it, so they hired a complete fucking idiot, but they don't know exactly because the Follower of the Apocalypse "understudy" is managing to iron out most of his big fuck ups

There isn't anything "random lol" about Fantastic. One of the things I like about NV over 3 was that every sidequest pretty much helped inform the player of the overall conflict and story in the world. 3 was just a bunch of disconnected, modular instances of wacky or weird or cool setpieces.
>>
>>322493429
And Legion too.
>>
>>322494051
Shit the original is full of references and winks as well.
>>
>>322494426
House>Yes-Man>>>>Legion=NCR
>>
>>322493532
He was probably fucking with you. Don't you have to kill a whole army of robots inside that base? He wouldn't want to deal with that even if he was a scientist.
>>
File: houbes fallout.png (245 KB, 1691x1004) Image search: [Google]
houbes fallout.png
245 KB, 1691x1004
>>322494609
>Implying yes man isn't the patrician's choice.
>>
>>322494527
and 2 kicked into overdrive to such an extent that anything that isn't the main quest is literally memejokester haha so randumb shit.
>>
>>322494609
>House
>Better than Independent

loving every laugh
>>
File: houseismaihusbando.jpg (609 KB, 1304x2431) Image search: [Google]
houseismaihusbando.jpg
609 KB, 1304x2431
>>322494772
>>
>>322494950
>>322494772
Yes man is normie comfort zone. If you're a grown up, you have to admit you're not the best fit to rule to Mojave. Be Cincinnatus or George Washington, not some 3rd world dictator
>>
>>322495191
The Courier is literally wasteland cowboy Jesus and the most powerful character in the history of Fallout, will live an incredibly long time thanks to being a cyborg, and is armed with tech from the Sierra Madre and Big MT, which far outclasses anything House has
>>
>>322494949
>49

Sure, they double down. But people act like it hasn't been there from inception. FFS You get dogmeat for free just by dressing up like mad max.
>>
>>322495456
This guy gets it. This is a western, and the courier is the biggest dick swinging. The Wyatt Earp of the Mojave. If anyone wants to start trouble, they're more then welcomed to, but they've got to deal with someone that punches the heads of legendary deathclaws for a laugh.

The bad ass mother fucker that single handedly wrecked the Legion, and sent the NCR packing with a look.

It lets New Vegas become an independent city state. The NCR can now focus on consolidating the west, while the Legion crumbles like rome and civilization rises in its ashes.
>>
Obsidian is extremely bad at humor. Like really bad. Wild Wasteland, Old World Blues and FO2 all show that the developers should never make jokes or references in their games.
>>
>>322497028
>South Park the Stick of Truth
>>
>>322495191
Nigger, I have 10 in every SPECIAL, 100 in almost every stat, a metric ton of gold from Sierra Madre, enough power armors and futuristic guns to build a new BoS chapter from scratch, friends in the NCR, the followers, the Remenants, the BoS and the Big MT. Every place in the Mojave worships me. I have a silo full of nukes in the Divide ready to launch. I am in all aspects better than the fucking golden God-Emperor of Mankind and also a better person. Yes, I am fitter for ruling than a halfcorpse obsessed with "muh strip glam and fedora class"
>>
>>322493356
>a high ranking guy they assumed was a genius
>not a random wackjob like Harold or the Jet creater

The problem was that the wacko couldn't stand alone.
>>
File: the house always shigs.jpg (121 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
the house always shigs.jpg
121 KB, 601x601
>>322494772
>>
If you found him annoying you have no sense of humour and take yourself too seriously.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.