[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Metal Gear game, taking into account gameplay,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1443279151931.png (80 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1443279151931.png
80 KB, 1366x768
What is the best Metal Gear game, taking into account gameplay, sound design, and story?
>>
>>
>>
snake's revenge
>>
Rising
>>
>>322484202
V undoubtedly has the best gameplay (and arguably sound design), but the story drags it down too much for it to be the "best".

1 has a great story, but the gameplay and sound design are a bit dated now.

2 and 3 are about equal in terms of gameplay, but a lot of people didn't understand 2's story.

So honestly, even though a lot of people will say 3, I'm actually going to go with 4, if gameplay, story and sound are what we're considering.
>gameplay is good (even if it's outweighed by cutscenes)
>cutscenes/story may be hammy as fuck but they're still good
>sound design is decent

4 is by no means the "winner" in any one of those areas, but all-round it has the best balance of the three.
>>
>>322484814
This.
>>
>>322484814
What about 3 , you mentioned 2s story ....
>>
>>322484814
4 has the best sound design

this is non-negotioable

V has lame sound design in comparison to most games in the series, even. The guns sound like pea-shooters
>>
Reminder that anyone who says V has the best gameplay is just talking about the controls.
>>
>>322484814
Theres much more dragging down V than the story which really isnt even that bad, just poorly handled.
>>
>>322485624
3 will get enough praise in this thread since it's the classic favorite, I didn't think it was worth going into detail. Honestly I found 3's story pretty bland, just seemed like a generic spy flick (yes I know that's the point).
>>
I want to get into metal gear games. Is there any point starting with Metal Gear1/2 or should I just start with metal gear solid?
>>
>>322486470
Its up to you, most people start with MGS
>>
>>322486470
MG1 and 2 aren't really necessary, plus they'll probably be retconned to hell upon the next release. Those games were just Kojima trying shit out with a story and characters that weren't nearly as fleshed out as they become in later games. In MG1 Solid Snake is literally just some dude sent in by the government to crush Outer Heaven.
>>
>>322486470
If you want the story, they have like 2 lines of it, if you want 2D gameplay then play Ghost Babel.
>>
Metal gear solid 3 subsistence with the new camera
>>
>>322484202
3 by far

contrarians around here will kick and scream against the truth, but it's still the truth.
>>
>>322487079
This, camera angles in original were really bad for jungle.
>>
>>322487293
>Doesn't give any explanation as to why
>Anyone who disagrees is "contrarian"
Average /v/ poster hard at work.
>>
File: metalgear.jpg (202 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
metalgear.jpg
202 KB, 500x411
Downloading 3 right now. Never played it, but loved the first two.
Hopefully the latest PCSX2 and my machine can handle it well
>>
>>322487293
3 probably had the best bosses but its stealth was pretty bland
>>
File: aicolonel.png (54 KB, 135x196) Image search: [Google]
aicolonel.png
54 KB, 135x196
>>
>>322487505
3 ran like shit in certain areas even on PS2. Then again so did 2. And ZOE...
>>
>>322487012

MG2 has far more story than MG1. It's also basically MGS in 2D, it looks better than Ghost Babel, and you can play it on PS3. Nothing against Ghost Babel, but recommending it instead of MG2 ist total bullshit.
>>
>>322487519
Didn't 3 have all those camoflauges and shit?
I thought it would be berserk.
>>
>>322487862
Imo camoflauge it ruined the beautiful simplicity of MGS1/2s stealth, but I do like the direction 4 took it
>>
>>322487862
You'll only end up using 2 or 3 of them (olive and splitter most likely, black at night/in dark areas), the rest are pointless stuff like flag facepaint.
>>
>>322484814
This this this
>>
>>322488094
Oh ok, well that's alright. I should have fun messing around with them, anyway.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.