[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better RPG.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
Name a better RPG.
>>
>>322481736
>>
>>322481736
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>322482030
no its my own belief
>>
>inb4 Morrowind
>>
Morrowind
>>
>>322482459
>>322482505
like clockwork

Morrowind is only like to be contrarian
>>
>>322482627
uwotm8
>>
>>322481736
Skyrim
>>
>>322481736
how's abouts i save us all some time and just name the ones that are worse?

>skyrim
>fallout 4
>dungeon lords
>dragon age ii and cisquisition
>arcania

that does it i think
>>
>>322481736
Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim > Daggerfall > Arena
>>
Morrowind > Skyrim > Daggerfall = Redguard > Oblivion > Arena
>>
Daggerfall
>>
>>322484521
/thread
It's rare for a RPG to be as bad as a Elder Scrolls one.
>>
>>322481736
almost all of them. oblivion's the worst TES game apart from Arena and Online.
>>
>>322481736
Pokemon series before they went to shit
>>
>>322484521
u forgot le undertale
>>
Most of them. Elder scrolls games are really bad.
>>
>>322486289
Yep.
>>
>Gothic 1-3
>Risen
>Morrowind
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dark Souls
>Witcher series
>KOTOR series
>Planescape: Torment
>Divinity Series (including Original Sin)
>Icewind Dale series
>NWN series
>Jade Empire
>VTMB

It's easy, Oblivion wasn't very good.
>>
>>322486924
Oblivion wasn't very good that's for sure.
But saying gothic 1 is better i mean cmon now.
It's like saying Big Rigs is better than fallout 3.
>>
>>322481736
Skyrim, Morrowind, Gothic 1/2, New Vegas,
>>
>>322486494
How do Pokemon get worse?
Boring I understand,but it is literally the same thing with just more stuff everytime,making the game deeper and better.
inb4:
>muh designs got worse

If you are older than 12 and care about poke designs and not only the gameplay you have legit autism.
>>
>>322487281
Gothic 1 is an amazing game.
>>
>>322487317
If you are older than 12 and care about pokemon you are autistic.
>>
>>322487281
Gothic 1 is fantastic and has more features and mechanics than Oblivion and Skyrim have put together. And a better fleshed out, realized world.
>>
>>322481736
Mountain Blade
>>
>>322487317
Welp, i guess im autistic
But that "depth" ruined the game imo
>Ditto is agressive
Idgaf your my pokeslave
>>
>>322487436
Still a solid RPG
>>
File: 1426099649896.jpg (137 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1426099649896.jpg
137 KB, 1050x1050
>>322484521
>>322483154
>>322484718

skyrim's better than oblivion. skyrim's world is actually interesting, they improved the combat slightly so it doesn't feel like you're smacking things with rubber words, it doesn't have bloomy potato faces, and it's not broken with the most retarded level scaling in all of vidya. it doesn't matter how many reactionary meme images you have on your computer about skyrim. oblivion is shit. boring to play and boring to explore with a terrible, ugly, unimaginative scaled overworld and the worst case of copy+paste dungeons that i've every seen
>>
>>322487281
What is it with /v/ and analogies in general?
>>
>>322487397
It's a clunky piece of shit that can't render 30fps properly with the shittiest combat ever made.
It has very good element tho , that's why it's hard to talk about it.
Transforming into beasts was cool as fuck but having to drink a potion to run and hearing the same loop over and over again...

>>322487589
>And a better fleshed out, realized world.
You can't really explore.
Like oblivion feel empty as fuck.and the leveling is very bad.
In gothic I explored and ended up coming back to EVERY location i previously explored.

>>322487772
I still had a nice time.
But shivering isles is godlike level.Gothic can't fuck wit this.
>>
>>322486924
>Dark Souls
All my top sidekeks
>>
>>322481736
Morrowind.
>>
>>322487936
But G1 has good combat.
Far better than any TES game.
>>
File: level_scaling.jpg (30 KB, 260x325) Image search: [Google]
level_scaling.jpg
30 KB, 260x325
I'VE FOUGHT MUDCRABS MORE FEARSOME THAN YOU
>>
>>322488105
>block then hit
>block then hit
>block then hit
>don't block and try to hit enemy
>frame perfect dodge
>good combat
>>
>>322487936
>can't render 30fps properly
I'm playing it for the first time and I downloaded a mod to get rid of the 25fps cap. Made it much better.

>shittiest combat ever made
Not really, it's not that bad at all.

Gothic is a great game, I really think you just played it long after it had come out and it just didn't click with you. However that's really no excuse as here it is, 2016, and I'm playing it and loving every second.
>>
File: 1445822000693.gif (206 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1445822000693.gif
206 KB, 100x100
>>322486924
>Risen
>>
>>322488249
wait until you get to a ladder or endgame puzzle/bos.
>>
>copypasted dungeons, ruins
>magic is literally "big blue cold ball", "bigger blue cold ball", "biggest blue cold ball", now recolor for other elements
>awful voice acting and eerie NPC faces
>shitty linear quests
>good
Actually it's such a rancid piece of trash I didn't play any Bethesda game afterwards for a long time.
>>
>>322487936
>You can't really explore.
>Like oblivion feel empty as fuck.and the leveling is very bad.
>In gothic I explored and ended up coming back to EVERY location i previously explored.

What the fuck are you even talking about?
Exploring in Gothic can give you some of the most overpowered gear in the game, and killing enemies far stronger than you give you a ton of XP.
Those two things make exploring far more worth it than Oblivion, where it's basically pointless.
>>
I would rather play any other elder scrolls title.
>>
>>322488247
I've dumped 16 hours into it and the combat is nothing like that. In fact I rely on blocking very little. With the way each button performs a different swing, and the way you can combo them together with the right timing, I really think the combat is fine.

>>322488339
>ladder
>an occasional ladder glitch ruins the entire game
You can just hold the right mouse button while climbing and he'll jump forwards at the top. Glitch solved. Figured that out within minutes of encountering my first ladder glitch, there's no excuse for you.
>>
>Dynamic shadows
>Radiant ai
Fuck off Todd
>>
>>322488247
Yeah, much better than spamming attack or your spell of choice.
You have a ton of possibilities with magic and potions anyway.
And you need to learn the pattern of every enemy, not to mention that you need to be seriously stronger to be able to take more than one enemy at once, which makes traveling the world dangerous.
>>
>>322481736
Is this the hot new meme of the month?
>>
>>322488537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
>>
>>322481736
Ok OP, here's another (You) for you.

Oblivion can be fun, yes. Many of the quests are memorable, as well as the characters and locations. At times, it even has good atmosphere, especially in the Shivering Isles expansion. As somebody who has sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours playing this game, testing character builds, seeing different possible outcomes, ect, I can say for certain that Oblivion holds a very special place in my heart.

...But it is by far the best RPG out there. It lacks a lot of things that make some of the best RPGs what they are. And don't ignore the plethora of obvious issues that Oblivion has.

Potato faces, bad dialogue, stilted animations, level-scaling, less weapons and magic than it's predecessor Morrowind, a bland, generic LOTR art style, and guilds that require only a minimal effort to enter, and then require no skill advances in their areas of interest (The Mages guild only requires you to know magic to enter the University, after that you can literally just hack everything to pieces with swords and become Arch-Mage).

As much as I love this game, even I can't admit it's the best RPG out there.
>>
>tfw you fell for the "spears are good" meme for Morrowind
>>
unique weapons don't scale to your level
>>
>>322481736

Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Idewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Planescape: Torment, Morrowind, the list goes on.
>>
>>322484521
>fallout 4
>rpg
>>
File: Capture.png (248 KB, 426x423) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
248 KB, 426x423
>>322488524
So it's my fault for not paying attention to something that is supposed to work and lose hours of gameplay by falling like a little bitch in weed camp.
>>
>>322484521
>oblivion is better than skyrim
It's not "cool" to dislike skyrim anymore you know? You can finally admit it's an objectively better game.
>>
>>322488332
The first Risen is exactly like the first Gothic. After playing them both I really don't get why Risen gets shit on. Is it because it's new and it's not Gothic? Is it because it was on consoles? (It was on PC first) I just don't get it, it's a great game. Risen 2 and 3 are of questionable quality but Risen 1 is a worthy successor to the Gothic series.
>>
>>322488662

I will say though, hearing Codsworth in Fallout 4 say my last name blew my mind. Now that's innovation.
>>
>>322481736
skyrim
>>
>>322488994
What ladder glitch are you even talking about.
Because I've played through the whole game like 3 times and I've never died to a ladder unless someone was attacking me.
>>
>>322488994
>so it's my fault
Well, yes. When you encounter a glitch in a game you should try to find a workaround, or look online for a fix. Every single game in existence has glitches - every one - so you can't fault Gothic for having a few, especially since it's from 2001. You're supposed to find a glitch, and then do what you can to get around it - ragequitting and judging the game 15 years later isn't the solution, it makes you look like a child.
>>
>>322487891
Agreed. People only like Oblivion so much because it was their first TES game. I couldn't name a single dungeon outside of the main quest because they're all the same exact shit done by one guy.
>>
>>322489189
He's talking about how certain ladders will automatically make you fall back down them once you climb to the top, preventing you from accessing them. Like I said earlier, I found a fix within minutes - you can just hold the right mouse button and when he gets to the top he'll jump or roll forward, negating the glitch completely. It's certainly not game breaking by any means and I've tested it multiple times since discovering the glitch and it works perfectly, every time.
>>
>>322489376
Ah, I always thought that wasn't a glitch from the ladders, just that they were put in a way that when you get out of them at the top you're floating and fall again.
I also found that you could jump and get up anyway the second time.
>>
>>322489219
OR somebody could have been more competent in the programmation department.
I didn't ragequit over this , but i wasn't happy when i realised my last save was like 4 / 5 hours early.
>>
The older Bethesda games are more overrated than their newer ones. Has anyone actually played Morrowind without the nostalgia goggles? It's shit. Yet I hear people making out it's a masterpiece. It's got a fucking wikipedia simulator as your way of communicating with NPC's.
>>
>>322489041
>The first Risen is exactly like the first Gothic. After playing them both I really don't get why Risen gets shit on.

It's because there is nearly 10 years and a 2 game gap between Risen and Gothic and they are practically the same game.

PB rehash the same crap over and over again, each one being a little worse than the previous. That company deserves nothing but scorn.
>>
>>322489041
people grew up on gothic.
not risen.
>>
>>322489657
>PB rehash the same crap over and over again, each one being a little worse than the previous.

Nope, they tried to move away from the Gothic series and do some cool pirate stuff with the Risen series and everyone hated it because it wasn't Gothic enough.

>worst than the previous
Well, quality is subjective, so that doesn't count for much.

>That company deserves nothing but scorn
What's it like to be so jaded?
>>
>>322489656
Is this bait? I can't help but think that anyone who complains about dialogue systems in games like Morrowind or Planescape: Torment are just ADD addled kiddies who can't stand having to read something. Morrowind holds up to this day, I just recently beat it again, doing a completely vanilla run. It's cool if you dislike it but don't try to say it's shit because you dislike it.
>>
>>322489656
It's not really worse than having two fucking dialogue options (resumed in one word too) per NPC, one of those is like a wikipedia entry in that every one gives you a pregenerated random answer.

The writing on relevant characters is simply superior to Oblivion.
>>
>>322489962
It holds up very badly. I call it wikipedia simulator because there's very little variety when talking to NPC's. Sure they have their own options but it's the same nonsense usually. The presentation of the writing is what really puts me to sleep. It's just one big wall of small text for the most part.
>>
>>322486924
Dark Souls isn't even close to being a better RPG then Oblivion. And I say this as someone who hates Oblivion and likes Dark Souls.
>>
>>322490309
Different strokes for different folks, anon. I happen to love Mrorowind and like the dialogue system, but that's fine. I can see how it might turn someone off.
>>
>>322483154
this

If anyone ACTUALLY thinks Oblivion is better, then they have nostalgia goggles on.
>>
>>322489804
>Nope, they tried to move away from the Gothic series and do some cool pirate stuff with the Risen series and everyone hated it because it wasn't Gothic enough.
They basically palette swapped the same crappy game. Big deal.

>Well, quality is subjective, so that doesn't count for much.
No, it's not. PB made no attempt to improve anything about their games but the graphics. They progressive look a little better, although not that good because they don't have any money, but the gameplay is the same shitty crap and it has now become horribly dated shitty crap.

>What's it like to be so jaded?
Six games of the same shit with no real improvement to anything other than graphics? It's not being jaded to call them a shit dev. They have to earn respect and they have failed to do so.
>>
>>322490309
You just don't like it.
It has fault because alot of lines are premades and nearly all npcs have the same lines.
But those lines are irrelevents.
I really enjoy it because you can actually talk about ALOT of stuff not like 4 anwsers with the same voice actors.
Example is a scout , you can ask so much about the land / history.
But it's totally understandable to not like it.
As you said it will put you to sleep .
>>
>>322490623
Fair enough, it seems we disagree. That's fine, I still really like PB and the Gothic and Risen series. What's an RPG you like, anon?
>>
>>322487891
>they improved the combat
>completely ruined magica
yeah no
>>
Elder Scrolls games are shitty as hell. They all have awful combat, boring skills, dialogue is weak as fuck, the quests are nothing special at all.

The games are just so mediocre overall that it boggles my mind how popular they are. I guess it's babbies' first RPG kind of deal or so.
>>
>>322490761
The same could be said for Oblivion.
Morrowind is the only game in which magic is not seriously gimped.
>>
>>322481736
>all these people actually suggesting Skyrim is better than Oblivion

Am I being baited?
>>
File: Dragoon.gif (603 KB, 160x156) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon.gif
603 KB, 160x156
>>322481736
Does The Legend of Dragoon count? It's still my all time #1. Might have to get the PS1 out of the closet.
>>
>>322490761
magic is fun in skyrim
>>
>>322491058
>Am I being baited?

No, you're being contrarian. Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every way.
>>
>>322491058
The bait is saying that Oblivion is a good game.
And is a bait that has gone too far.
>>
>>322489638
>waah i died because i didn't save enough
save often you dumb faggot
>>
>>322491136
Oblivion has the best writing and quest lines in all of TES, and although it's RPG mechanics are dumbed down compared to Morrowind, they're objectively superior to Skyrim's even more casualised approach.

Oblivion's biggest flaw was level scaling.
>>
>>322486924
Baulder's gate was pretty good too
>>
JRPGs are better than all that shit mentioned here.
>>
>>322491243
this is what happens when you have a good time.
you forget to save.
>>
>>322491289
Okay, I'll give you that. Oblivion had the best quests and some of the best music of the franchise, you're right. But mechanically Skyrim was a better game, had a better world that actually felt more like a world, and did a lot of things right that people refuse to give it credit for because LEL DRAGONS LEL ZOMBIE DUNGEONS.
>>
>>322491289
Oblivion has the best writing
Hell fucking no.

>they're objectively superior to Skyrim's even more casualised approach.
Skyrim is an action game dressed up as an RPG, Oblivion tries to be a serious RPG with some action in it but fails at both, not to say that the casualised combat in Skyrim is a result of the trend that Oblivion started.
>>
>>322491336

jrpgs are dead
>>
>>322491289
The Elder scrolls works better as sandbox action adventure game with RPG elements. I liked how they made skyrim simpler.
>>
>>322490742
I find the writing as well extremely dry to read and I've read quite a bit. It's true that Bethesda can't into writing. People just don't realise this truth has always applied.
Again my point stands. People make out these games are masterpieces when they are anything but.
>>
>>322491503
>Hell fucking no
It literally does.
None of the other games come anywhere close to the DB and TG quests. Not to mention Shivering Isles is not only the best TES expansion, but one of the best DLCs of all time.

>Oblivion tries to be a serious RPG with some action in it but fails at both
As does Skyrim.
You can try and justify it by saying meaningless shit like "but Skyrim doesn't try to be an RPG!" it does and you're wrong.
It's the exact same situation as Oblivion but with even more casualisation.
You're simply looking for an excuse to defend Skyrim and shit on Oblivion, when both are equally bad in regards to RPG mechanics, with Oblivion being the slightly lesser of two evils.
>>
>>322491336
>literally the same game over and over
get over your shitty games weeb
>>
>>322491904
Not him but I never said Morrowind was a masterpiece. It's a solid 8/10 RPG that does a lot of things right, a lot of things wrong, and some things just okay.

Man, /v/ REALLY fucking hates anything TES related.
>>
>>322491931
You don't even know what writing means.

The thief guild and the dark brotherhood had fun quests with fun gimmicks, but the writing was at most average
>dark brotherhood
>this dude with his dead mother wants to kill the guild because reasons I don't even remember
>thieves guild
>literally robin hood

Shivering Isles made a supposedly weird and alien land into a generic swamp and forest (even Morrowind was more weird than the realm of the mad god), and turned a daedric prince into a whacky random faggot.
The plot with Jyggalag as shit was good at least so okay.

>You can try and justify it by saying meaningless shit like "but Skyrim doesn't try to be an RPG!" it does and you're wrong.

No it fucking doesn't, the character development is more similar to an action game than to an RPG game.
Of course Skyrim is a shit action game, Skyrim is a shit game overall, but at what it tries to be is less shitty than Oblivion.
>>
>>322492104
>Man, /v/ REALLY fucking hates anything TES related
TES is my favourite game series, despite its flaws. I even like Bethesda Fallout.

Don't take everything you read on here seriously, everyone here has ridiculously hours spent on these games, we just like to whine about everything.
>>
>>322481736
Almost every one of them
this
>>322481949
is typical exception
>>
>>322491931
>It literally does.

Are you kidding me? Morrowind's writing shits all over Oblivion's.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_14
>>
>>322492291
>You don't even know what writing means
Clearly you don't either, as you're trying to imply any of the other games even come close to Oblivion in this regard.

I'm done talking to you, Skyrimbabby.
Go back to your fetch quests.
>>
>>322492506
Morrowind not even comes close to that, it blows it out of the water.
>>
>>322481736
In my Opinion when you have a sandbox RPG You need to have an interesting world to explore and engaging combat. The world in Oblivion is very bland and boring and the dungeons are horrible. The combat also feel like your whacking your enemies with foam sticks. It did have some interesting quest lines though and some cool things that weren't in skyrim but i still dont think oblivion is that great. Its probably the most overrated elder scrolls game.
>>
>>322492976
>In my Opinion when you have a sandbox RPG You need to have an interesting world to explore and engaging combat.
Not exactly.
While interesting world is part of the more complicated aspect I'll touch little later, combat is not very important in games like that, if it's bad just lower the quantity.

The most important thing about making sandbox or open world RPG's is to make exploration rewarding. Random loot and samey world sounds like the exact opposite of rewarding exploration.
>>
File: 1438244420269.jpg (485 KB, 1190x1020) Image search: [Google]
1438244420269.jpg
485 KB, 1190x1020
>>322481736
Monster Girl Quest Paradox Part 1.
>>
File: 1444466241614.jpg (137 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
1444466241614.jpg
137 KB, 639x640
>>322489019
Skyrim has tumblr-tier or even naruto-teir faction quests.
>>
File: 1321661782812.jpg (25 KB, 384x365) Image search: [Google]
1321661782812.jpg
25 KB, 384x365
>>322493738
>tumblr-tier or even naruto-teir
What the fuck does this even mean anymore? Just stop posting you retarded nerd.
>>
>>322491503
I don't understand this meme. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all action RPGs. There are no speech checks to defeat dagoth ur easily. You can't do nonlethal runs. They're all marketed as action RPGs too.
>>
>>322494062
Also Skyrim's combat is no more casual than Morrowind's. I don't see how dicerolls makes a game more or less hardcore.
>>
>>322494062
>implying you can't do a nonlethal run on morrowind
All you need to do is destroy the Heart.
>>
>>322494347
Killing a god is not nonlethal. Also you HAVE to kill some of Dagoth Ur's lackeys for the tools of Kagrenac.
>>
>>322491289
Oblivion's biggest problem isn't level scaling alone, it's the entire leveling system

The game tells you that your most used skills should be your major skills so you can start with them marginally better and max them sooner. Then the leveling system insists that you make 30 skill increases in the level before reaching the 10th major skill increase or you forfeit an enormous amount of potential.
The game is actually balanced if you gain three +5's to stats every level and pump Endurance up to 100 first... too bad you have to go far out of your way to do that and there is no way for a new player to know that they will be completely outclassed by enemies if their only increases are their 10 majors every level.

Note that in Skyrim, level scaling is still there but it doesn't break the game in any way. Every skill factors towards leveling and the only way to screw yourself over is purposely grind a single skill for several levels.

tl;dr Oblivion's gameplay mechanics actually force you to play around them rather than with them.

Yeah, I miss creating a class and shit, too.
I would never ever use the words "objectively superior" just because it's more complex. It's the fucking opposite of objectively superior.
>>
>>322494062
Morrowind was an actionRPG for it's era.
But that just means that it has a real-time combat, it's still as RPG as it gets.
And very few cRPGs let you do nonlethal runs or speech checks for the final boss.
>>
>>322481736
Witcher 3. Well RPG elements in this game might be better than the Witcher. But the game as a whole is not.
>>
>>322494943
>Morrowind was an actionRPG for it's era.
If so, it was very shitty RPG.

The combat in it looked like it looked like because Bethesda has no idea about how to make games
>>
>>322494801
A lot of quests are designed around level scaling too and have you go all over the map. Modding it just makes the problem more noticeable.
>>
File: adwr.png (15 KB, 135x138) Image search: [Google]
adwr.png
15 KB, 135x138
>>322481736
>>
File: Xenoblade Chronicles..jpg (241 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade Chronicles..jpg
241 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>322481736
Dark Messiah
>>
>>322481736
I can't.
>>
>>322494801
Make a balance. My latest character is:
>Acrobatics
>Alchemy
>Athletics
>Light Armor
>Marksman
>Mercantile
>Sneak

All of these things help combat, trading, or stealth missions. They level up slowly, and Alchemy can be controlled to boost a level or stagnate when you need to. Just play like you normally would and you level up fine, albeit slowly. Pump illusion and conjuration spells so you it's pretty much impossible to fall behind in combat. And about endurance... the point of being an assassin is that you're now a powerhouse.
>>
>>322489372
lol Exactly. The dungeons in that game were ass. The best stuff in that game was the guild shit. And the expansion stuff.
>>
Honestly the leveling systems in Elder Scrolls games have always been fucked. Seriously whats wrong with a simple XP gauge?
>>
>>322494062
>>322494514
This is kind of an arbitrary restriction. I mean, how many non-action RPGs actually let you beat the game without killing anything at all? And then you have shit like Undertale which is an action-RPG where you can go non-lethal.
>>
>>322489019
Skyrim went further away from RPG and went with some retarded perk system. I'd be surprised if they even had any skill system in the next Elder Scrolls game.
>>
>>322495927
RPG isn't a single system you know. Not everything has to be based off of DnD rules.
>>
>>322495178
No, it was a shitty action game. It was a great RPG.
>>
>>322490309
It doesn't. Its just not your type of game. I haven't played Morrowind when it came out. I played it way later and it was great.
>>
>>322496046
Only if it was your first.
>>
>>322496030
There is barely any thought needed to be put into your build. There are only a few choices you can make when you level up and the entire game is action based. That's like saying that Destiny has deep RPG elements.
>>
>>322491101
How can you like one of the most bland JRPGs ever made?
>>
>>322493941
You know well what it means, xxxNIGTINGALE2004xxx
>>
File: daggerfall-dungeon.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall-dungeon.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
>>322496207
Both Morrowind and Oblivion are action based too though that doesn't make any sense. TES has always been full of dungeon crawling.
>>
>>322492104
OK, but a lot of people do and when I played it I found myself very disappointed. It's not even that it's an old game. Never played MGS when it came out, was very impressed still when I played it a few years ago.
>>
File: VTMB.jpg (383 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
VTMB.jpg
383 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>322496137
Nah.

Great world to explore, great lore, interesting plot, great customization, etc.

I'd played a ton of Ultima, Wizardry, and Goldbox games, Baldur's Gate, Darklands, Fallout, etc. I was still really impressed with Morrowind and loved getting into that world.

It was however, my first elder scrolls game.
>>
As much as I try I can't really get into oblivion. I figure I'll have to just force myself to play it for 2 days straight or something.
>>
>>322482627

No, just no. I'd put both Morrowind and Skyrim above Oblivion, never got enthralled by it.
>>
File: 1442904731771.jpg (40 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
1442904731771.jpg
40 KB, 460x600
>>322496874
>Darklands

Keep forgetting about finally playing this game.
>>
>>322485463

I like your opinions anon.
>>
>>322497257
Same. Skyrim's MQ sucked but Dragonborn made up for it for me.
>>
>>322497182

you'd be better spending your time trying to force yourself to appreciate daggerfall
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1600x2215) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1600x2215
Hyperdimention Neptunia.

You know I am right.
>>
>>322481736
KOTOR II
>>
>>322497625

Dragonborn was bland as fuck. Only morrowindfags wank over it. Dawnguard was better.
>>
>>322489372
Morrowind was my first ES and Skyrim was garbage
>>
>>322481736
Witscher 3 :^)
>>
>>322487597
That's my man
>>
Swampweed in Gothic made me fascinated with weed IRL.
>>
>>322491130
>its fun to have to unequip weapons to use spell
>turning battlemage combat into hotkey spam fest
>fun
>>
File: 1451150640009s.jpg (1 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1451150640009s.jpg
1 KB, 125x70
>>322488676
>But it is by far the best RPG out there
>>
>>322486924
>Gothic 3
>Risen

get the fuck out
>>
File: 1451151562433s.jpg (4 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
1451151562433s.jpg
4 KB, 125x115
>>322489638
>programmation
When do the kids go back to school?
>>
>>322481736
Warband
>>
Neverwinter and divinity were good
>>
>>322496367
Oh I don't know. Maybe because I was in 6th grade. Maybe we like different things.

Maybe I'll moonwalk out of this Bethesda shit slinging match.before I cut somebody.
>>
>>322489041
>The first Risen is exactly like the first Gothic
And the first Gothic is garbage.
>>
>>322501787
i haven't been in school for over a decade and i still remember this.. why are you seemingly suffering from fucking alzheimers, shithead
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.