[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer End Times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
A friend recommended this while it was on offer and despite obvious L4D inspirations, it's been pretty fun.

I missed the threads on it's release, so I wondered what you guys think of it? No heresy plz.
>>
I'm having great fun, haven't seen any threads for the game either.
Also Saltzpyre best character.
A POON FOR OUR HEALTH.
>>
It's okay.

Witchhunter is best Vermintide

>Playing with people online
>Shooting guns
>Figure the guy is doing some kind of lame ass reload where he just brings his guns to his hips and they're reloaded like in any Halo with dual wielding
>Play with friend
>"Holy shit stop throwing these fucking pistols everywhere"
>>
>>322480978
Yeah I'm liking the rapier+pistol combo a lot. I'm still leaned towards Markus for having the closest thing to a shotgun. Swarms are annoying.
>>
>>322481569
Yeah, playing Witchhunter with anything but the Rapier just feels wrong to me, then headshots.
>tfw trait rerolls not in the game yet so I can reroll this shitty '30% more carried ammo' trait on my exotic repeater pistol
At least it has a 12.5% chance to have any shot count as a headshot, which goes perfect with the 8shot burst.

Now then, why is Supply and Demand the WORST FUCKING LEVEL IN THE GAME HOLY FUCK.
>>
>>322482093
Because fetch quests.

I wonder if they plan for dlc expansions. campaigns with different races like Orcs or Chaos itself.
>>
>>322482502
they have already confirmed expansions, just not have gone into any details about them.
>>
>>322480494
Game needs to be more MMORPG kinda in a way Elder Scrolls Online is. Then it would make people flock and big bucks.
>>
File: 1361154499315.jpg (27 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
1361154499315.jpg
27 KB, 300x296
>>322482093
>>322481198
I like revolver ocelot and guts
The witchhunter is pretty much the combination fo the two if you take the greatsword

When you beat the game, it hints at chaos soldiers and zombies. Is that going to be End times 2 and End times 3?
>>
>>322482802
Already confirmed they'll be expansions
>>
>>322482502
>Orc campaign
>yfw squigs
I'm ready.
>>
>>322482093
>repeter pistol
>rapier
>on saltzpyre
tip top never plays above hard.
>>
fun game but the drop system is shit
>>
>>322482802

How do you even make Chaos an enemy in a horde mode? Since every damn Chosen is a walking tank and they don't really have much in the way of swarms of enemies.

Undead could work though, skellingtons everywhere.
>>
How optimized is this game? I want to get it but my system is around the minimum requirements so I'm hesitant.
>>
>>322483572
its not very optimized at all
medium and high settings have fps drops in big areas with lots of rats running around everywhere
>>
>>322483298
But anon, I'm working through Nightmare missions now and do perfectly fine. Maybe you need to git gud? :^)
>>322483572
I've hod only a few frame drops on an average system that I've mostly attributed to other things going on in the background on my pc.
>>
>>322483298

I play nightmare with rapier/crossbow Saltz all day and have no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>322483572
Its been getting better every patch. But it still chugs like hell in intense moments like swarms and heavy fighting.
>>
>>322483393
>every chaos is a chosen
>chosen even fucking being the majority of any chaos army
why do people who know aboslutely nothing about warhammer lore besides videos and maybe one game, think they should open their mouths and spew uneducated bullshit. Literally go read a fucking book you mong.
>>
>>322483832
>>322483834
>nightmare
>anything but greatsword and brace
post stats shitters, i doubt either of you break 100 kills in a game.
>>
File: 1399929595925.jpg (52 KB, 898x348) Image search: [Google]
1399929595925.jpg
52 KB, 898x348
>>322483685
>>322483905
oh alright, thanks. maybe when I upgrade.
>>
>>322483572
The game mostly uses your CPU due to the vast number of polygons, so if you have something like an i5 4690k you should be good
>>
>>322483956

Ok then, please enlighten me, oh lore wizard, on what you'd send as a horde vs 4 very average characters from the Chaos faction. Remember, it's a fucking horde mode, you need a horde not 3 demons and 2 marauders.
>>
>>322483298
I too hate oneshotting Stormvermin. For Ogres there is the elf and her hagbane.
>>
>>322484118
>"m-m-muh kills!"
This is a team game anon, I sure hope you're only pretending to be retarded. I sure hope you're getting headshots with the Rapier while you're at it.
>>
File: 1451814887879.jpg (7 KB, 144x128) Image search: [Google]
1451814887879.jpg
7 KB, 144x128
>>322484430
>he dosen't know the bulk of any chaos army is usually slaves and crazed cultists
>he actually thinks fucking marauders and chosen are literally 100% the bulk of chaos armies
>he has never ever read a warhammer books
>he knows nothing about warhammer lore outside of /v/ threads
>mfw he still sitting here spewing shit from his autistic lips because he's a retarded faggot
>>
>>322484543
>being the biggest damage dealer in the fucking game
>not doing damage
jesus christ, i bet you use trueflight bow on the elf too you fucking faggot.
>>
Post your favourite map and try to explain why it isn't Engines of War.
>>
>>322484740

Motherfucker slaves and crazed cultists are still human sized enemies. Skaven work because there's a lot of small fuckers scurrying around everywhere and trying to jump you. It's easy to mow them down.

Come a patrol, that's basically 6 slightly bigger rats and you have a pretty good chance of wiping without bombs/skill.

Now throw a wave of slaves armed with nothing but a big ass club at those poor 4 guys. Every 2 minutes. See the issue? It won't fucking work.

You can't tell me 4 random guys in a city can hold off a chaos horde.
>>
>>322485318
>You can't tell me 4 random guys in a city can hold off a chaos horde.
But anon, didn't you hear? The chaos missions are going to take place in the midst of large battles with said 4 random guys cutting their way through a small part of the horde directly to whatever objective they need to do.
Just kidding, I have no idea what it's going to be but I hope it's like that.
>>
>>322484976

But that's not the Wizard's Tower.
>>
This game has some of the best elf gameplay I've ever experienced.

>eviscerating hordes of vermin like you're a blender on two legs
>sniping 2+ specials in rapid succession
>>
>>322485696
>lumberfoot this
>lumberfoot that
>LUMBERFOOT

Seriously fuck those lines. Also (dis)honourable mention to
>Rat ogre
>Rat ogre!
>RAT OGRE
>RAT... OGRE!

>>322485690
Wizards tower is a close second, but the ward defense is more tedious and annoying than genuinely fun.

Also >Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
The fuck is this shit? Fuck off moot let me shitpost.
>>
>>322484938
The trueflight wrecks swarms faster than brace pistols ever could.
>>
>>322480494
Buy it and play with me :D
>>
>>322483393

Cultist, and the dammed
>>
>>322485318
>4 random guys can hold off a horde of chaos
>4 random guys can hold off a horde of ratman
>mfw this autistic fucker thinks that canologically these 4 fuckbois could have even made it to the tower of magnus in any other warhammer setting, a setting mind you that is notorious for giving evil the upper hand and actually fucking good over unlike 40k
your actually fucking retarded, no one cares about realism you fucking autist.
>>322486667
>trueflight
>anything but a walking friendly fire machine
>literally the most inconsistent fucking bow in the game
almost as retarded as the other guy i replied to.
>>
>>322490335

You have issues. And no arguments. I'm done here.
>>
File: 1450962862383.jpg (15 KB, 233x172) Image search: [Google]
1450962862383.jpg
15 KB, 233x172
>>322490680
>no arugements
>your whole fucking basis on us not being able to deal with chaos is it being unrealistic
>in a fucking game where ratpeople and magic exists
go home Australia
>>
>>322484976
Engines is up there because there's more to the escape than fleeing through a corridor. It gives the mission a real sense that you've pissed off the Skaven badly enough for them to track you all the way to the boat.

It's my favourite long map, but my favourite short one is Man the Ramparts. Nice and simple mission, lets you get a good look at the city and some of the surrounding countryside on the way up to the bell.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.