[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dude get on discord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 04_school_days_07.jpg (52 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
04_school_days_07.jpg
52 KB, 400x225
>Dude get on discord
>>
My friends and I are using discord lately too.

It's a good replacement for our old shit vent server.
>>
>>322474896
>Trying to get friends to use discord
>"Wuhh but mumble/ts/whatever shit works fine"
It took me months to get them to stop using shitty Skype of all things.
>>
>>322474896
>been using skype for years
>random friend is like hey lets use discord
>lets download a HIP NEW VOICE CHAT SERVICE instead of the one we been using for YEARS
>download it
>its shit
i dont understand why its being pushed and shilled everywhere
>>
>>/mlp/
>>
>>322475193
>downloading discord
theres your first mistake
>>322475050
can't get my friends to do it.
mostly because one guy is paying for the TS server and he doesn't want a remotly hosted voice server where they can spy on your conversations.
>>
File: 1451542408508.png (607 KB, 761x720) Image search: [Google]
1451542408508.png
607 KB, 761x720
>>322475379
>spy on your conversations
Ok Ahmed, just don't use PSN anymore, I want to play video games.
>>
>>322475193
its just a meme for people trying to be different, its a shitty voice chat program
if only telegram had voice/call it be the greatest chat software to exist.
>>
File: 1409978042025.png (358 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1409978042025.png
358 KB, 600x600
>>322475529
they don't play on consoles.
>tfw shit PC MASTER RACE friends.
>>
People on /bnsg/ keep talking about fucking Discord. I only now checked it out.

>All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype.
>for gamers
Implying I'm such a massive faggot that I know people who would be willing to use this.
>>
>>322475193
Because it's the only VOIP software designed for gamers, by gamers™.
>>
>>322475791
>FOR GAMERS
LOL

so the OP is either a marketer or a 12 year old.
>>
>friends use Skype
>other friends use TS
>internet friends use Mumble
>/vg/ guild uses Discord
HOLY FUCK, SOMEBODY JUST DECIDE ON ONE HOW CAN THERE BE THIS MUCH DEBATE
>>
>>322475963
Skypes only real "perk" is group chats for non-voice (or sometimes voice) groups. Purely vocal groups its 100% trash tier to use Skype.

Text+Voice is doable on discord the best...but its overall codec is shit
>>
Get on what?
>>
>>322475963
/g/ uses and invented the godteir amoung VOIPs: tox

you can even greentext in the chat
>>
File: 1438535430889.png (624 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1438535430889.png
624 KB, 722x525
>>322475963
>/vg/ guild
>>
>>322475963
>not using telegram for everything that isn't voice
>not using TS for voice
>>
>>322475791
Their sell is pure cheese but the program itself is pretty good in my experiences.
Beats out the clunky, ad-ridden trash that is Skype. Not that that's difficult at all.
It doesn't offer me any distinct advantages over TeamSpeak however, but I can understand its growing appeal. They built it to be user-friendly towards the REALLY tech illiterate.

Fuck I almost sound like a marketer
>>
>>322475169
what's wrong with mumble?
>>
>>322476443
For me it mostly boils down to the fact that I don't game with randoms or /vg/ anymore. All the irl friends I play with I have on Skype and that's enough for us.

I miss the times when all one needed was ventrilo and MSN messenger. Now you'll have (e.g.) WhatsApp, Skype, Steam, Facebook (normies), "gaming" voicecoms like TS3, Mumble and Discord. I'm by default against picking anything new up at this point unless there's a really good reason to. If anything, I'd rather cut down on how many messaging clients I use for different purposes. Slightly better voice quality doesn't even matter to me anymore.
>>
>>322474896
Said no one, ever.
Stop shilling your shirty app.
>>
>>322475193
> in skype
> asshole eats doritos
> retard heavy breathing in micro
> fag has constant noise
> most epic kill streak and kicked out of game
> ""shit is calling""

skype is cancer
>>
>>322476443
>skype
>ads
what?
>>
>>322476813
>calls with autistic mouthbreathers
>complains about call quality
lel
>>
>>322475193
Skype tries too hard to be "clever" wits its noise correction and shit but ends up being a bad and unreliable piece of software. Also its grouping functionality is terrible, whereas in other programs you can easily create multiple chatrooms, in Skype you have to create a group, and then people don't receive invites, or are somehow still in the group after leaving, etc.
>>
I like Discord
>>
>>322476812
>>322475874
Are you just stupid or new?
>>
File: tinfoilhat.jpg (119 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tinfoilhat.jpg
119 KB, 500x375
>discord stores anything and everything from chats
>says right in their TOS that they do it
>probably just selling all the info to marketers to make dosh, but who knows what could happen to all the info they store up
>>
>falling for the discord botnet meme
>>
>>322477723
What? Some /vg/fags are being hipsters and using it.

Give me a single good reason that's actually relevant enough to warrant downloading an entirely new voice com, setting it up, telling all the people I want to play with to use it too and then bothering to use it until the unforeseeable future.
>>
>>322477590
same, I don't get why people are so abhorred to use it on here. me and my group have been on and off many things for years and finnally we have something we can all agree on.

>>322477817
>"Oh no all of my gay erp chats are gonna go to marketers"

Litterally what are you saying on a chat messenger that could possibly be sold to you?
>>
>>322477957
It's a parody of "get on skype" threads
>>
>>322477957
>downloading
they have an in browser version, no download needed
>>
>>322478026
Right, the OP itself. I thought it was about Discord.
>>
>download discord
>install
>hate it
>uninstall
>half a year later still getting emails as to why i uninstalled it

what the shit
>>
>>322475238
Good morning, Barneyfag
>>
Discord is the savior we need for instant VoIP software.
>>
>>322474896
>using non-free as in freedom software

you did this to yourself.
>>
>>322478185
>using a non-throwaway email on anything but personal stuff and banking stuff
>ever
>>
File: TINFOILHATCAT.jpg (102 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
TINFOILHATCAT.jpg
102 KB, 600x450
>>322477992

>Litterally what are you saying on a chat messenger that could possibly be sold to you?

Do you know how collecting marketing informations works?

They match keywords of everything you say, to the location you are posting from. Facebook, twitter, google, youtube, everything, etc does this.

So once all the info is collected and auto sorted and cataloged by their systems they can easily look up stats on whatever they want, and companys desperatley want those stats so they know where to market products the hardest.

>"collected data shows that in the last 24 hours 10,000 people in seattle said something about Pepsi, and they used positive words in their sentences"
>>
>>322478490
and that affects you personally how?
>>
>>322478490
So?
>>
File: a rhetorical question.jpg (14 KB, 339x436) Image search: [Google]
a rhetorical question.jpg
14 KB, 339x436
>>322477817
>but who knows what could happen to all the info they store up
Are you that stupid to discuss your next bomb attack in Discord or share CP links with your friends? What the fuck do you fucking discuss there?
>>
>>322479109
>share hentai with buddies
>suddenly it is banned
>discord has your old logs and you get v&
>>
>>322479213
Your ISP already knows you visited those sites, why would government prioritize discord over ISP?
>>
>>322478185
Just add to spam, they are trying to guilt you into installing it again (or get free feedback, something they would usually pay money for)
>>
>>322478490
Actually very limited amount of companies have their own services that can diffrentiate attitudes and collect the data from their own list of sources (everyone else is just using a variety of paid services, that can be rather limiting in nature for adding your own stuff), and those companies usually don't bother with small and limiting databases like Discord. Social media is much more useful, easier and cheaper to analyze, because it affect a much larger audience than small pockets of friends. Also it's harder for such systems to analyze the attitude based on chat systems, due to their less coherent nature.
>>
>>322474896

>there are people who don't use curse voice

Why?
>>
Sekai a qt. Fuck Kotonaha.

Sekai and Makoto seem to have much in common. Similar backgrounds, are already friends and classmates, and they know each other pretty well.

Meanwhile Kotonoha has nothing going for her other than her knockers and the fact that her family is loaded. Plus she's mentally disturbed too.
>>
>>322475379
>oh no they'll hear us talking about video games and nerd shit!
is your friend autistic?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.