[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games did you enjoy that were considered average or bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: God-Hand-PS2-7.jpg (82 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
God-Hand-PS2-7.jpg
82 KB, 800x640
What games did you enjoy that were considered average or bad by professional/"professional" (depending on how much worth you put into them) reviewers? Pic related for me and admittedly a stereotypical /v/ choice but a good way of getting the thread started nonetheless.
>>
gay dick 64
>>
>"professional"

if they collect a wage, then it is their profession. theres no need to put it in sarcastic quotes
>>
>>
>>322474320
I just didnt want smart ass greentext replies
>>
File: The Last Remnant - 06.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Last Remnant - 06.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
The Last Remnant

Honestly I have a hard time thinking of any even though I'm sure there are some, because I don't pay much attention to reviews.
>>
>>322474640

you didnt want people to be retarded, so you took the liberty of being retarded yourself first

very bold move
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
This one. 270+ hours and still play it occasionally.
>>
>>322474804
People like the new one even though it runs like absolute shit compared to unity and the story is fucking shite to. Unity's main story was mediocre at best but at least all the side stuff was fun
>>
It's not great but the combat system has a surprising amount going for it. I wound up nearly 100%ing it (still might eventually, just haven't got around to it) and having a pretty good time throughout.
>>
>>322474507
I liked this too. I'm sure there's some other jrpg that uses the same battle system but personally I thought it was kinda different and refreshing to play. Plus you could add in your own pictures for some stupid summon attack and that was cool.

I found playing the third game much more boring because it was pretty much just more of the same from the 2nd game.
>>
>>322474701
I mostly just pay attention to user scores but even then I take those with a huge grain of salt because people can be idiots and hivemindey, at this point I ignore professional ones completely. Beyond that I just look up footage and decide for myself.

I just read professional ones sometimes out of sheer curiosity, and yeah they tend to be pretty bad. Generally they just give huge scores but then every once in a while when a game they suck at or aren't interested in genre-wise is small enough to be "allowed" to fail they shit on it to feign discernment, usually with very poor argumentation.

Like, I looked up reviews for the DMC HD remakes and "DMC3 is now mechanically dated thanks to the God of War series" was an actual opinion with absolutely no justification. Many just assume that "new > old, always", unless they're reviewing a rerelease they absolutely have to say is a flawless timeless classic for reasons in which case AHH CLASSIC GAMING........
>>
File: b6b10dffe7-the-witch.jpg (274 KB, 1304x1500) Image search: [Google]
b6b10dffe7-the-witch.jpg
274 KB, 1304x1500
The combat is clunky and not as smooth as it could be ideal, and rather simple mechanically, but I think there's a lot to love about this game.

The gameplay opens up as it goes and you get more unique abilities and weapon types.
The story is really fun. It's very much NIS-style writing but a few steps darker than Disgaea ever gets. I loved the cast and setting. Some of the locations really fit the mood visually too.
The music is fucking glorious, even has a track with vocals by Emi fucking Evans ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4yztyZPcyw )

I liked it enough that I'm getting the limited edition of the PS4 version.

Unfortunately the western release introduced a crashing issue on the PS3 version, which they never fixed and a lot of people rightfully took issue with that, but unfortunately it means that a game that already was pretty rough around the edges got even less love than it could have. Damn shame.

>>322475060
Had a lot of fun with that and still want to go back to it myself.
>>
File: Anarchy_Reigns_box_art.jpg (62 KB, 250x295) Image search: [Google]
Anarchy_Reigns_box_art.jpg
62 KB, 250x295
Sickest soundtrack, awesome variety of characters, fun and varied multiplayer modes.

i bought this game twice i liked it so much.
>>
>>322475060
Playing it right now, enjoy it so far for being a mindless hack n slash game, nice to see someone else playing it too
>>
File: 1423425723887.png (653 KB, 750x1168) Image search: [Google]
1423425723887.png
653 KB, 750x1168
>>322473196
Lollipop chainsaw
Deadly premonition
Watch dogs
Titanfall
first few that come to mind.

oh and death by degrees
>>
>>322473196
Don't Starve

Mount and Blade: Warband

Styx: Master of Shadows - gem stealth game
>>
Alpha Protocol
EDF 4.1
Devil's Third
>>
>>322474748
The only "retard" here is you. Now get out and don't reply to my fucking thread if you're not contributing to it.
>>
>>322474701
Which version did you play? Because the 360 supposedly was really lacking compared to the other ports.
>>
>>322477034
lol quit trying to start shit fagnig
>>
NieR.

One of the best examples of 100% mediocre, outdated game engines being used creatively to deliver a great experience.

I completely understand the 60-70 ratings. A game you play the second half of four times to complete the story is not a game with mass market appeal. But God damn.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.