[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U releases this year. How hyped are you? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
Zelda U releases this year.

How hyped are you?

I can't stand the wait. I know I will be a little let down. There's no way to live up to the expectations of waiting years for a game

That being said I think it gets a 96/100 on metacritic and is voted game of the year across the board.

Since TPHD releases in March. I expect Zelda U to release within a month of e3 or November.
>>
>implying it wont be delayed until 2017.

It doesnt have a release date, a name and we havent seen more than like five minutes of the game
>>
Game of the year i hope
>>
>>322472392
>6.6
kek
>>
We don't know much of it yet, and believing whatever Anouma throws at us is a mistake.

Not hyped at all, at least not till it gets a date and more gameplay footage. There wasn't anything impressive in what we've seen so far.
>>
I don't understand how you can be hyped for a game we've seen virtually nothing of just because it has the Zelda name.
>>
>>322472392
Remember how this was meant to come out in 2015?

Remember how we ended up getting 10 seconds of footage TOTAL in 2015? Not even a trailer?

What the FUCK is going on with this game's development?
>>
File: 1432076496192.gif (2 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1432076496192.gif
2 MB, 300x162
>>322472392
>He thinks they'll release it on Wii U
>He thinks they won't come out and delay the game with an "Oh, so sorry."
>He thinks they won't TP this bitch and delay it intentionally to be a launch title for the NX.
>>
>>322473856
They dont want us to know everything about the game.

Years ago,before most of you kids were born, video games were new and exciting.

You dont read thirty reviews on the gsme and watch an hourbof gameplay before you bought it.

You just got the game and enjoyed the unknown
>>
>>322474537
>They dont want us to know everything about the game.
That's bullshit. Companies want you to get hype by pumping out trailers and building hype.

Zelda U has had one off-screen demo, a short introduction video and 10 seconds of Link on a horse, Aonuma initially said "it will definitely be out in 2015", it's clearly having some troubled development.

I mean fuck, Skyward Sword was released a year after its first gameplay demonstration and had a bunch of trailers leading up to its release.
>>
>>322472392
>overworld still looks empty a fuck from the last trailer
ABANDON ALL HOPE
>>
I wish this shit wasn't open world, I feel like the game is gonna suffer massively for it. Just leave the garbage open world games to the west Nintendo.
>>
>>322474743
>it's clearly having some troubled development.

Be happy they are taking their time with it.

Most people think the last good 3D Zelda was Wind Waker, myself included.

They are trying to make sure this one is the best it can be
>>
>>322475027
Last time they took ages on a game was Skyward Sword, anon.
>>
>>322475027
Nintendo needs to stop recreating OoT and trying to follow some kind of 'timeline'. At least every 2D Zelda hasn't tried to recreate LttP outside of ALBW, which was a sequel, so I can let that slide.
>>
>>322473856
>What the FUCK is going on with this game's development?
Kimishima happened.
>>
>>322474537
Cause it's not like people want to be informed before making a purchase, you're probably the kind of guy who buys a game based on the name alone.

Keep that shit out of here.
>>
File: OC.jpg (185 KB, 735x378) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
185 KB, 735x378
>>322475174
What did you say about me you little bitch?
>>
>>322472392
I would be hyped but then i remember how they fucked up skyward sword and refuse to use an artsyle that doesnt look like neon watercolor diarrhea
>>
>>322475174
>>322475329
I wonder if japs joke about him looking like a yakuza boss, I'd love to see acknowledge it.
>>
>>322475009
Aren't most zeldas open world? What separates an open world environment from something like Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>322475334
cell shading needs to fuck off already, just leave it for 2D Zelda
>>
>>322475329
You misunderstood Kimishima-sama, I didn't imply that was a bad thing.
>>
>>322475334
I liked SS' artstyle. Realism doesn't belong to Zelda.
>>
>>322472392
>Zelda U releases this year.

hahahahaahah
>>
>>322475497
Zeldas have open world, it just doesn't have an all encompassing, seamless plain in most titles.
>>
So what are the odds this is going to be a Wii U/NX release?
>>
>>322474537
>They dont want us to know everything about the game.

more like they don't want us to know anything at all lmao, nintendo is now vaporware central with literally no games, Wii U still has no mainline 3D mario game and still no mainline Zelda after 3 fucking years, no Metroid, no Pokemon, literally nothing, it's everything on 3DS that got 2 whole zelda remakes and 2 new zelda games, hahaha dead console I say
>>
No hype at all until a real gameplay trailer comes out.
>>
>>322472392
>I expect Zelda U to release within a month of e3 or November.
lol expect Christmas.
>>
>>322476185
The odds are very high. They're going to need a lot of reasons to justify that thing.
>>
>>322476185
80%
>>
I hope this game is really fucking light on cutscenes and story pieces.

Let the gameplay speak for itself in this game Nintendo. Give us a beautiful world with lots of variety, woodlands, desert, spooky graveyards, let us explore. Gives us some handholding in what order to play the game, but make every dungeon except maybe the very endgame ones finishable in any order.

They say they are looking at the first Zelda for insperation with this one, and I really hope that's true. All the cutscene bullshit in TP and SS got away from what mattered with Zelda. Back to basics Nintendo. Don't look at what mechanics Zelda "needs to have", don't look at "how you can make this live up to OOT.", don't try to make a "Zelda game".

Look at what feelings Zelda used to give players: The feeling of being a brave hero on an adventure. That's the most important, everything else is secondary.
>>
>>322472392
The next big press release will be that it is NX exclusive.
>>
>>322476716
>Look at what feelings Zelda used to give players: The feeling of being a brave hero on an adventure. That's the most important, everything else is secondary.
This so fucking much desu
New games feel much more as a guided tour through Zelda tropes.
>>
>>322476348
This.
>>
>>322472392
There's only been 1 good 3D Zelda, and it was a decade ago. Why would it suddenly improve this time?
>>
>>322477281
Twilight Princess was shit.
>>
File: 1445958847323.png (348 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
1445958847323.png
348 KB, 650x433
>>322475905
Good. I knew you would understand. They always do.
>>
I hope they bring back the running man and allow you to race him all throughout Hyrule's verdant landscapes.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.