[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 will be a big year for PC vidya capabilities, right? Zen,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: HBM2.jpg (473 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
HBM2.jpg
473 KB, 2000x1333
2016 will be a big year for PC vidya capabilities, right?

Zen, Pascal and Artic Islands, and whatever else is next. What do you think those new things will do for playing video games on a PC? Will 4k 60FPS be possible with the most demanding games?
>>
No, the hardware will get around 70-80% faster than this gen, but new games will have 256x Tessellation to even it out.
>>
>>322471934
Can't have Pee Cee getting ahead of muh consoles
>>
File: 1451319478900.png (616 KB, 697x722) Image search: [Google]
1451319478900.png
616 KB, 697x722
I can't wait, I'm still using my GTX670 and desperate for pascal.
>>
>>322471934
Buy AMD and use the built-in Tessellation slider to max out Tessellation at x16 or x32 if you really want that extra placebo
>>
>>322471531
No.

It's the year when you'll have to start paying subscription fee to use your GPU and replace it every 3 months. The prices will also grow 10 times while performance will drop before console level.
AMD has sunk, there's no way out for them, Nvidia and Intel can rip everybody else, Apple will likely move to ARM for their computers and normies will jump ship with them.

Enjoy your "PC MASTERRACE" experience.
>>
>>322471934
>No, the hardware will get around 70-80% faster than this gen
That sounds like an insanely high number, do you have anything to back that up or is that just your opinion?
>>
not like it matters for the software you'll get before next console gen uses this hardware
>>
>>322472254
>before
below*
>>
>>322472285
just like how the PS4 and Xbone were top of the line parts, right?

They'll be shitty laptop parts again
>>
>>322472276
Double the transistor count jump simply due to skipping 2 nodes, so highend hardware will go from 8 billion to 15-17 billion transistors.
>>
>>322472516
So basically you are just making assumptions. Until we get actual benchmarks I won't get my hopes up for such a massive leap in performance.
>>
File: yeeeeeeah.. no.gif (2 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeeeah.. no.gif
2 MB, 352x217
>>322472254
Beecaaaauseeee?
>>
>>322471934
>tesselation
I want this meme to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL07c74Jr4
>>
pretty sure AMD is signalling ZEN won't be out this year, now

which really sucks since it just means Intel can continue being an entrenched monopoly which means little improvements in their products but jacked-up prices for everything because what are you gonna do about it :^)
>>
>>322472642
How am I making assumptions? Are you retarded? Both AMD and Nvidia said they're using 14/16nm FinFETs, and going from 28nm to that means roughly doubling transistor count.
>>
>>322471531
>implying there's anything demanding on PC
All we get are indie games and ports anon
>>
>>322471531
The Fury really made me pessimistic about the future of PC gaming.

Nvidia are price gouging fucking assholes and AMD are incompetent and for some reason released a vastly shittier card than the 980ti for the same price as the ti.

That said, 390/x is probably the best value for money card at the moment.

Really getting sick with video card prices skyrocketing though.
>>
File: MUWUFFU.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
MUWUFFU.png
211 KB, 327x316
>PC tech is getting better by the minute
>PC blows consoles the fuck out, even on their release
>games are still made with consoles in mind first
>PC gets exclusives like Undertale or other indie garbage that looks like it could run on an NES
>>
File: undyne face disturbed.png (4 KB, 270x228) Image search: [Google]
undyne face disturbed.png
4 KB, 270x228
>>322472843
They are the biggest consolificators of PC gaming after Valve.
I really fucking hope people will continue lashing out harder at their bullshit or soon we'll have fucking Nvidia-exclusive games.
>>
>>322472664
Because monopoly does what monopoly wants.

At least you will get awesome Gameworks Turbo feature allowing you to run games above 480p(still below 1080p, for 1080p you need to pay for GWT premium, which costs twice as much as standard GWT) and maybe 15 FPS if you've bought flagship card.
CPU's will blow themselves up after 2 months and you'll have to replace them for newer model, all of them using different sockets ofc.

>>322472752
Transistor size doesn't matter that much.
i5 2500k performs roughly 25% worse than skylake(6600K?) and it was TWO shrinks since it was released. And in games, the difference drops to 10%.
>>
>>322471531

It doesn't have why to translate to games, though
>>
>>322473089
That's because most games aren't CPU dependent.
>>
So should I upgrade now or wait for the next big thing?
I'm still using HD5770 ;_;
>>
>>322473089
Because CPU transistor budget is not the same as GPU transistor budget, CPUs in the Skylake/SB comparison you brought up has more transistors thrown at the GPU and other miscellaneous shit like the uncore, the performance part of the CPU, cores, caches and interconnects are a small part of the CPU nowadays.

But for GPUs it's different, 85-90% of the GPU are stream processors/shaders, so a huge increase in transistors translates to a huge increase in shaders, thus performance.
>>
so how long till intel buys amd and becomes competitor for nvidia on the gpu market?
>>
>>322473463
Maybe it would be an actual competition then
>>
Fucking SJW scum vet out
>>
>>322473463
Never because that would make Intel have no competition in the CPU market?
AMD will not be sold, and even if it would, bigger chances are with Google, Samsung and Microsoft.
>>
>>322473365
Wait for the next generation if you really want to upgrade. It will have a similar performance jump that going from 6xxx to 7xxx or 5xx to 6xx.
>>
File: 1448525237996.gif (1 MB, 483x364) Image search: [Google]
1448525237996.gif
1 MB, 483x364
>>322471531
I just want to get a 1050Ti and be set for life
although I'll still play Persona 5 at 0fps
>>
I'll believe it when I see it.
I keep telling my parents that I'm going to find a high-paying job this year and move out, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.
>>
Will this year finally be the year of AMD?
>>
Every good tech comes at a price. It becomes rich people's toys till normal consumer can afford it.
>>
>>322474258
The last 3 years were already the years of the AMD.
All consoles use their cards, the PC market is just a drop in the bucket. They are probably making an order of magnitude greater profit just from console sales than NVIDIA does from PC. They just simply don't give a fuck about PC market share anymore.
>>
Bought a Fury X, I'm happy with it so far, I wasn't going to OC my GPU anyways, what I wanted was a quiet and cool solution which is what I got.

GPU runs most of my shit at 144fps, it runs close to 40ÂșC under load and is pretty quiet.

I don't know what to do with my money though, so maybe I'll sell this one and get another out of the box water cooled GPU that will be released by AMD after Pascal.
>>
>>322471531
Na. It'll just be a normal evolution in processing power.
>>
>>322474381
Exactly. Even if the new tech is exceptionally good, most people will just buy rebrands of maxwell and gcn 1.2/1.3 because the new tech will cost over 600 dolaridos
>>
>>322474432
funny kid
>>
>>322474432
consoles are more like a life support for AMD desu
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.