[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Call of Duty the only FPS series with a traditional linear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: black-ops-3-beta1.jpg (212 KB, 960x632) Image search: [Google]
black-ops-3-beta1.jpg
212 KB, 960x632
Is Call of Duty the only FPS series with a traditional linear campaign now?

Other games seems to go the open world route.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Honestly, it's for the best. Shooters are bad enough as it is, might as well squeeze some enjoyment out of them, even if through shallow open world.
>>
Black ops 2 was not linear
>>
File: AK-74u_MW3.png (444 KB, 781x489) Image search: [Google]
AK-74u_MW3.png
444 KB, 781x489
>>322468028
Battlefield
Killzone
Halo

just a few

>>322469053
it was m8
>>
File: 4chan was a mistake.png (148 KB, 618x594) Image search: [Google]
4chan was a mistake.png
148 KB, 618x594
>>322468028
>linear is traditional now
>>
>>322468028

You haven't even played the Black Ops 3 campaign have you? This is a GOOD thing.
>>
>>322469053
I played the game and the levels were linear as fuck. There was literally one level where you could take another route for about ten steps (as long as you equipped a certain item before you started the level).
>>
>>322469337
I have.
>>
>>322469297
You can blame half life for scripted events in the FPS genre.
>>
File: Perma emblem banned for this.png (583 KB, 839x699) Image search: [Google]
Perma emblem banned for this.png
583 KB, 839x699
>traditional linear campaign
You mean that broken mess that had no real plot and ended in everyone dies and you go to digital hell? Get the fuck out of here shekelstein.

For everyone else here, could you recommend a cod alternative for me? I just had the only two good features of this terrible ass port stripped from me permanently with no prior 'offenses' over these bad boys. I'm a long time fan of the series, but after this bullshit I'm just not going to give them my money any more. At least I didn't buy the season pass.
>>
>>322469873
>using ebin 4chin maymays as emblems
You deserve that ban
>>
File: tt3_en.jpg (3 MB, 1523x2161) Image search: [Google]
tt3_en.jpg
3 MB, 1523x2161
>>322469873
COD on a budget.

Brought to you by Poland.

http://www.gamersgate.com/publisher/66/ci-games
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.