[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth playing even though you've been spoiled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: img.png (1 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
img.png
1 KB, 658x164
Is this game worth playing even though you've been spoiled all the twists?
>>
Not really

The gameplay is okay, but the connect between it and the story is what makes it interesting

Up to you, though. If you haven't seen any gameplay, then go ahead
>>
>>322462636
holy shit the first post is not a shitpost.
>>
>>322462443
Only if you like funny memes :)
>>
Start is boring, end is shit. Only what's in between is good.
>>
>>322462724
This whole thread will be, though

Until it's deleted, that is
>>
>still posting 2015 memes
Why is this allowed?
>>
nope
You may enjoy the gameplay, its just Touhou easy mode but if you're not going to experience the game blind then you may as well not play it all.
A big majority of the events in the game is solely made to make the player have feeling towards the game world and the characters
It's one of those games.
If you've already watched any video of Undertale beyond the demo, sorry but you fucked up your chance.
>>
>>322462443
I went into the game blind and didn't enjoy it.
>>
File: 1437176245751.jpg (73 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1437176245751.jpg
73 KB, 360x270
>>322462443
The game shamelessly and blatantly steals from every successful cult game and indie game and then panders to every Internet subculture while hamming itself into a meme frenzy. It also combines Internet memeing with 90s cartoon Sanic catchphrase memeing.

This self-awareness and calculation is ultimately what makes it weaker than Cave Story or LISA. It's not wholly innocent of contemporary culture. It panders and is aware of who it's marketing itself to--even smugly so--with its scads of barely tweaked and disguised memes.

Toby's pretty smart and self-congratulatory while affecting something worthy of classic status because "he figured out the formula", and that kind of disingenuousness is offputting. It's calculation marketing itself as otherworldly fantasy rather than otherworldly fantasy itself. It is "the Internet" wearing a mask that says "I am not of the world."

It's ultimately too derivative to endure. It's the Eragon of indie games.
>>
>tfw the game was so boring that curiosity made me look up the game's endings online

Anyone know this feel? Nothing captivated me to grip onto the story, and it's a shame because if I didn't spoil it I could have enjoyed it much more.
>>
>>322463273
no one to blame but yourself
>>
>>322463273
That's your own damn fault
>>
>>322463246
Undertale was alright, but I hate how it's much more popular and overrated than LISA just because it's more polished and casual-friendly, it deserves much more exposure.
>>
>>322463425
>>322463349

I know, but oh well. Maybe I could try a pacifist run.
>>
>>322462443

Play it for yourself instead of listening to /v/ about what you should think about it

It's not a game about twists
>>
>>322462443
decide for yourself, but story (and writing in general) are only good things about this game. Gameplay is mediocre at best, soundtrack is only ok (in b4 faggot for saying that).
i wouldn't say it's worth wasting your time if you already know the story
>>
>>322463425
>>322463349
It's the game's fault for not captivating him enough.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.