[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i just reinstalled this game. is it good now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg?t=1449594705.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1449594705.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
so i just reinstalled this game.

is it good now?
>>
>>322459178
Nope. Just wait for Terraria 2. It's made by people who like video games.
>>
It's way better than the initial release two years ago, especially the combat. Still needs a lot of work.
I wish it doesn't run like shit in some places.
>>
Is there more to do in the game now?

I remember beating a few bosses like that penguin ufo but after that there really wasnt much to do.

Can we upgrade the size of our ship yet?
>>
>>322459178
They made improvements in some areas but made some things worse. I liked getting cold.
>>
>>322462043
upgrading ships are part of the current progression.
not much for quests and the like, still severely lacking in more ways than one in many sectors.
>>
>>322462203
im one of the autists that liked hunger.
>>
>>322462336
Honestly, the most fun I had in that game was running around with a bow hunting for leather scraps and food so I could survive my cold ass starting planet. Something about burrowing and starting a fire for warmth and cooking every so often felt good.
>>
>>322462567
rightfully so.
most find it tedious, but it gave me something to do besides digging through the core of the planet hoping to find something interesting.
>>
>>322462336
I don't know why they didn't just make a survival mode. All the systems for it were in place, nah let's just take it all out.
>>
>>322463217
somewhere on one of my old HDDs I think I still have a copy of the game back from when there were 100 levels of planets. Strangely I was enjoying the game more back then.
>>
>>322463789
somehow that felt more complete, having more sectors, varying dificulty.
this progression bs that they're keeping for now sucks in ways i cant comprehend.
>>
>>322463789
It just seems like such a waste. Why remove systems? Why not just put them somewhere else?
>>
>>322463789
wait how does it work now?
>>
>>322464687
Planets are filed into like 4 or 5 "danger" levels, and the survival elements are gone.
>>
>>322464861
This. danger levels bar you from exploring them cause you need tech's which you get from quests, which you get after doing some several fetch quests after another.
>>
>>322465031
I'm honestly just surprised chucklefish hasn't ditched and run. They might as well have for how slowly content is getting released.
>>
>>322465383
They're trying to do the right thing and failing, which is a lot better than just running off, even if it has the same end result.
>>
>>322465383
hopefully not going for the long con, they're okay in my book still.

then there's this : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731983185/starbound-penguin-plush-project

not by them exactly but i got offputted.
>>
Are saves still prone to wiping? I stopped playing around the time they announced the first wipe.
>>
>>322465587
Yeah, I didn't mean I thought they should run off. It's just such a shame to watch them run an otherwise good idea into the ground.
>>
>>322461395
>Terraria 2

When??
>>
>>322465795
After Terraria: Otherworld, a sort of story based spinoff... thing.
>>
>>322459178
Starbound isn't as bad as /v/ always said it is. This board sucks Terraria's dick like there's no tomorrow while at the same time shitting all over Starbound. The games are 90% the same fucking thing.
>>
>>322465795
not yet, terraria:otherworld is likely candidate for what gets released first. both are being developed for while now.
>>
File: SDV_twitch_boxart[1].png (105 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
SDV_twitch_boxart[1].png
105 KB, 600x800
So I guess Chucklefuck is publishing this game fairly soon.

I don't like the character art, but still, a multiplayer farming/dungeon game ala Harvest Moon/Rune Factory seems like it could be pretty chill with friends.
>>
>>322459178
so is this game basically terraria but better?
>>
>>322466042
hilariously, even with the space exploring thing, seems like a serious downgrade.
>>
>>322466042
It would be if it were more... done. There just isn't as much content as Terraria. Terraria has like, what, 10 or 12 gear tiers. This one only has like 5 tops. And the bosses suck dick.
>>
>>322466042
Noo, it's Terraria with no content and inept developers.

Do you know how many revisions it took for steel. Embarassing amounts, and eventually it was made with Iron and OIL. What, carbon not sci-fi enough? This game is fucking stupid, the progression is stupid, the gameplay is bland, and it doesn't touch even one single tiny bit of what Terraria is all about.

The only good thing about this game, that I can think of, is that... It's easier to mod than Terraria, but sadly, no one who could make a good mod bothers modding such a shitty game.
>>
>>322466024
i don't remember terraria getting its supposed release date being indefinitely delayed, nor its game mechanics being completely removed.
infact 1.2 and beyond happened because the dev came back after saying no more after 1.1
>>
>>322466437
I mean, /v/ does suck Terraria's dick as compared to Starbound, but that's because, as you explained, Terraria is just better, by a fair margin.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.