[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AoE (AoM too)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Aoeiii-cover.jpg (42 KB, 256x356) Image search: [Google]
Aoeiii-cover.jpg
42 KB, 256x356
Let's talk about the superior Age of Empires game.
>>
>>322445570
I can't believe I'm replying to this, you win
>>
WE
>>
File: MADFEELIN.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MADFEELIN.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
>>322445570
>I will never have friends that would LAN AoM/AoE2 with me

Feels bad man
>>
>>322445892
>Used to chill over at my friend's house in another city a lot when I was younger
>His dad built computers
>He had two desktops in his room and his dad had his own personal rig
>Three of us would LAN whatever the fuck we could
Those were the days.
>>
File: [000100].jpg (138 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
[000100].jpg
138 KB, 579x570
>>322445892
>tfw my best bud would lug his desktop over, connect it to my CRT, and we'd order pizza and lan those games, StarCraft, Nox, and Unreal 2k4
>>
Waiting for someone to import AoM custom games into dota 2. I miss build your Titan and the other games they had going. Always enjoyed them better than the warcraft 3 maps people made
>>
>>322445570
HOL UP
>>
>>322445570

With both expansions, it is easily the best AOE game. Been saying it for 6 years.

Still massively unbalanced though. Japan is ridiculous. But then, so is AOEII and AOM.
>>
WE
>>
File: okamikirby.png (297 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
okamikirby.png
297 KB, 600x570
>>322449046

>rush native trading posts
>amass an army of 80 people before even making a single Japanese unit
>camp them outside enemy base and kill anything that moves
>rush to Daimyo and Shogun
>camp outside enemy base and spam musketeers/cannons
>win
>>
>>322449235
WUZ
>>
>>322445570
You really think this game can even hold a candle to aoe2? I don't think so, Tim.

Besides, RTS games are fucking dead so there's really no point in discussing it anymore. Nowadays everyone just plays grind-heavy games where you turn your brain off like Warframe, Clicker Heroes, League of Legends, MMORPGs, etc.
>>
File: 1438959061397.png (329 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1438959061397.png
329 KB, 512x512
>Have friends who occasionally play AoM
>Can't convince them at all to play AoE2 or 3
Is AoE3 worth getting for the singleplayer/small hope that they'll get it eventually too, considering it's on sale?
I only played up to the expansion before Dynasties.
I miss RTS so much.
Even if I was terrible at it.
>>
>>322450806

I only play AOE2 and 3 solo because no friends. But I played them quite a bit. Well beyond $7 worth.

I like AOEIII the best for reasons.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.