[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: are-you-alright-hideo-kojima.png (170 KB, 529x495) Image search: [Google]
are-you-alright-hideo-kojima.png
170 KB, 529x495
-Metal Gear from 1987 was NOT the first stealth game. Castle Wolfenstein from 1981 was.
-Metal Gear Solid from 1998 was NOT the first game to feature cinematic story telling. Wing Commander from 1990 was.
-Metal Gear Solid 5 has non-connected gameplay elements that rank it as a typical sandbox with an incoherent story than a stealth title like Thief, Hitman or Deus Ex.
>>
>>322442629
I never liked Metal Gear, so I guess I'm alright.
>>
>>322442629
Your dad also wasn't the first dude to fuck your mom.
>>
>>322442846
underrated
>>
Ok?
>>
Weak ass b8, everyone stopped caring about MGS after MGSV turned out to be mediocre and Kojangles got canned.
>>
it's alright when Kojima does it
>>
>>322442629

>MG being the first to do anything other than armpit hair

Who the fuck ever claimed that?
>>
>>322442629
The difference is most people don't remember Castle Wolfenstein or Wung Commander. They remember MG and MGS.

"This is what it means to create context."
>>
>>322444470
Fucking this.
>>
>>322442629
Only uninformed and ignorant people think Metal Gear invented the stealth genre.

No, like everything else that's popular or renowned, Metal Gear made those aspects KNOWN to a larger audience, and therefore the mainstream ties them together. If you think stealth, you think Metal Gear. It has become iconic.

Call of Duty didn't invent the FPS genre, but it's been the king of FPS's for the longest time.

So Metal Gear was the game that put stealth on the map, even if it wasn't the first.

Metal Gear Solid was not the first to feature cinematic story telling, but it's the first to have a great impact on the consumers for the same aspect.

As mediocre as the story was in MGSV, it was a fantastic game and is superior than any of the latest iterations of Thief (holy shit this was bad), Hitman (Blood Money was better), and Deus Ex. Though Deus Ex: HR was pretty good.
>>
File: doomguy.gif (21 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.gif
21 KB, 90x90
>>322442629

did people actually think metal gear was the first to do any of these things?
>>
>>322442629
Nobody cares. Nobody thought it was the first anything. The only truly bad Metal Gear games were Metal Gear (MSX) and Metal Gear (NES). Metal Gear has so many extraordinary games in the series. That's what really matters.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.