[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 12110799.jpg (257 KB, 1528x1765) Image search: [Google]
12110799.jpg
257 KB, 1528x1765
What went wrong?
>>
>>322441569
Cinematics were way too long and couldve added neat moments for gameplay (ex. Raiden fighting the geckos)

Other than that, it had solid gameplay, but bad plot holes.
>>
File: 1443154275657-b.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1443154275657-b.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>322441973
I guess you could say the gameplay was... Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>322442237
You tried, anon
>>
NANOMACHINES
>>
>>322442492
SON
>>
>>322441973
I'd say the cinematics were just fine, I enjoyed them. What the game needed were segments of actual gameplay just as long or even longer to balance it out.

I think MGS3 was a good example of this.
>>
>>322441973
The cutscenes weren't too long, the gameplay was too short.

>>322442237
That was bad and you should feel bad.
>>
I'm currently playing through the game for the first time and I think it's fine. Boss battles are pretty cool and the and I see no problem with the story.

Also, I was no expecting such amazing looking visuals for an 8 year old game.
>>
BROTHER
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Best part of the game was too short.
>>
That flashback shit was also annoying. I remember the canal scene where Solid confronts Ocelot being one of my faves, but then the flashback kills its momentum.
>>
>>322441569
It was a PS3 exclusive. The PS3 still wasn't well understood at this time, and thus a lot of the design choices were done because they had no choice. Konami was trying to make a "normal game" on the PS3, but the hardware was too alien for them to do anything other than hide the system's glaring limitations behind rather impressive cinematics. It's a movie game because they were already pushing the PS3 hard, and that was due because they didn't have a fucking idea how the console worked. Had it been a multi, and developed for the 360 first, it would've actually resembled a game because they could get it to work in the first place.
>>
The plot itself was mostly nonsense on account of having to clear up 3 games worth of Kojima bullshit (yay more nanomachine PowerPoint!) but it had enough truly great moments like >>322443992 and the final Liquid fight that I still forgive it.

>>322443463
MGS has always had very good looking character models. Environments, not so much. It's a very character-driven series so they put the emphasis there. The MGS2 player models are downright impressive for their age, considering most PS2 faces looked like potato.
>>
I thought MGS4 was 10x better than MGS5, expecially on the first play through.
>>
Really falls apart by act 3 which is a shame since the first two acts are excellent.

Act 3 is the worst section of any MGS game and revisiting shadow moses right after isn't that much better since its so short and overloaded with gekkos.

Excellent final fist fight. Terrible epilogue that MGSV retroactively makes better.

Worst MGS game
>>
>>322445967
Na I think Act 4 is the worse since you spend 3/4 of the act following some guy.
>>
>>322446175

Wait I might be mixing up my acts. Whatever the act in Europe where you tail some guy to meey Eva is the biggest piece of shit ever.
>>
>>322441569
Too easy. What's the point of stealth when you literally have infinite ammo?
Bosses suck, excluding the metal gear duel and last boss.
It's not a bad game though.
>>
It went wrong when the fanservice overtook the gameplay in importance
And this culminates all at Act 3
>>
Act 1 and 2 are alright. linear open stages were pretty good.
Act 3 is awful. Fucking awful. Dreadful follow sequence followed by one of the worst vehicle rail shooting sequence (sub 30fps+controller aiming+fast moving target=fuck you Kojimhack)
Act 4, I remember nostalgia pandering and the mecha fight, but nothing really exceptional.
Act 5 is 5 minutes of gameplay and that's it.
Boss fights are forgettable.
>>
>>322448130
Fisticuffs with Ocelot is the best boss fight in the whole series.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.