[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will their DLC include prequel heroes and villians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 320x320
Will their DLC include prequel heroes and villians?
>>
>>322438305
No.
>>
>>322438305
>prequel

hhahahahahahaha

oh wait...you're serious

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>322438395
Darth Maul is pretty badass senpai, how the fuck would you not enjoy wielding a double saber and kicking ass
>>
>>322438305
keep dreaming anon
>>
so what else are they going to add if not prequel content or TFA content? EU content?
>>
>>322438305
Darth Maul is the only one worth playing
>>
>>322438940
Who the fuck knows, probably add dumb shit like ewoks vs javas
>>
File: 1432153113906.gif (39 KB, 209x190) Image search: [Google]
1432153113906.gif
39 KB, 209x190
>>322439187
>its fun for the family
>>
>>322438305
Expect Lando, Obi Wan, and Tarkin.
>>
>>322438940
it was confirmed we are getting no Force Awakens content apart from Battle of Jakku
>>
people can shit on the prequels all they want but they have great settings and I'd love to have Obi and Maul and Dooku and the droids and shit
>>
>>322438940
Bespin, Yavin and Death Star maps that should of been in at launch.

Will include reskinned ROTJ Luke, Pilot Luke, Slave Leia and Vestless Han as DLC Heroes.
>>
>>322442347
>Slave Leia
Disney got rid of that. Just another reason to boycott.
>>
>>322443361
I wonder what would have happened if Lucas left everything under a Creative Commons license.
>>
What's the quickest and easiest way to level up in this shitheap?

I want to unlock the qt Twilek already because all the humans look like trash
>>
>>322444103
>short-haired brunette
>not qt
>>
I think they should just throw everyone a curve ball and have heroes like Admiral Ackbar, Uncle Owen, Lando, and Tarkin. Just picture it.
>>
>>322444103

>twilek

Zabrak masterrace is the only right choice
>>
>>322444103
>Not wanting a based rodian
Get taste you cum guzzler. On the other hand, any chance of us getting other races, like Nautolans?
>>
Can you not use google or something OP? They've only said no about a hundred times.
>>
>>322444449
>>322444568
either way how do I level up to get to the non-humans
>>
>>322444103
>What's the quickest and easiest way to level up in this shitheap?

By not being shit and only scoring 3000 points per match. Better you are the faster you level. If you're leveling slow, you're shit.
>>
>>322445060
By playing the game you cockmongler.
>>
>>322445129
>>322445132
I'm just wondering if there are any game modes that lend themselves better to experience, so that I'm not wasting my time on one of the least lucrative or something
>>
File: Darth Mickious.jpg (46 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
Darth Mickious.jpg
46 KB, 450x350
>>322438305
OP they will never add in any Prequel heroes or villain. One of the big thing that Disney did after acquire the licence for Star War, is decanonized the EU and pretty much o avoid anything that have to do with the prequel trilogy. Which is the reason why they remove the clone war era from battlefront even though it the best theme to go with a battlefront game.

Disney want to recreate a new Star War universe in their vision instead of pandering to the huge cluster fuck that is the EU. So there will properly add in some character from the movie as DLC and other character that exist in the original trilogy. If EA ever decide to make more Battlefront, it going to have the appearance of the character from the movie that going to be annually release.

The reason why there isn't any character from the movie in the game so far, is because they either left it for the DLC, or for the future game, since introducing new character prematurely will effect both EA and Disney.

So say good bye to the prequel, because Disney won't let anyone make content related to the prequel.
>>
File: image.jpg (341 KB, 615x1663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341 KB, 615x1663
>>322445060
The quickest way to level up is to play fighter squadron. It's a shitty game mode and A-Wings have glitched hit boxes but all you need to do is patrol the ground at the start of the game until you see the hero pickup, and use it to slaughter everyone. Ignore the other hero. Damaging him gives you plenty of points but you can get hordes more points by blowing up shitloads of enemy players and tanking damage with your massive health pool. Always make a beeline for the enemy transport, you get tons of points for destroying it (20 game points for your team and tons of individual player score). If the other hero is an idiot and wants to attack you, keep fighting him until he dies or he will kill you. You'll get decent points for it. If other fighters are on you try speeding up and slowing down. They'll smash into you. Crash into enemy fighters for free kills. Do not crash into the other hero, or you will both die. That is another reason to avoid the other hero unless he forces you to fight him. If you have to fight him play evasive and sit on his ass. If he's flying diagonally toward you or on your back, don't circle around toward him or this will result in a crash as you're both huge. Fly away and wait for him to get the shits with the other fighters.

The most important lesson to learn in FS is that the slower you're flying the more damage you do. The icon to the left of the speed bar represents speed and corresponding fill colour. Usually green for me. Right one is a target representing firepower. It's usually orange. When sneaking up on an enemy fighter, get as close as possible and slow to attack speed (slow as you can) and be ready to fire before locking on. That way you get maximum surprise factor and can global motherfuckers. Save your missiles for A-Wings as Imperial and Tie Interceptors as Rebel. They both have buggy hit boxes so they are harder to hit with laser cannons. Do not automatically fire (waste) your missiles.
>>
>>322445361
Heroes vs villains and fighter squadron give a lot of points.
>>
>>322445867
>tfw you crash into the ground as the hero when your health is low so no one gets points for killing you

I do the same thing as the imperials in the ground based modes. If I see an a wing I'll just dive bomb my tie straight into the ground.
>>
>>322445670
>mfw Disney is too stupid to realize the prequel trilogy wasn't great for movies but the vidya thrived
>>
>>322438557
I certainly would, but due to the fact that EA hates fun this will never fucking happen
>>
File: 71UWKvOZ5xL._SL1600_.jpg (195 KB, 940x1486) Image search: [Google]
71UWKvOZ5xL._SL1600_.jpg
195 KB, 940x1486
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>322446021
Kek. I am a big advocate for crashing into the other hero when my health is low. Especially toward the end of the match. You often get a ton of free points for just being a huge dick.

>>322445867
Also until the lock on sound starts blipping fast you are not locked on and will not hit your target. Do not attempt to manually aim at small fighters as it will not work. The only time you should manually aim is to shoot the transport at long range or to shoot Slave 1 when it has its lock jammer active, as they are both huge.
>>
File: 1450397756323.jpg (106 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450397756323.jpg
106 KB, 640x360
>>322446026
Not to mention merchandise like toys, what the fuck was Disney corporate thinking?
>>
>>322446021
Ps. My mate told me you can hold square to abort out of a fighter in walker assault and etceteras but I haven't tried it.
>>
>tfw i know i should dislike battlefront but its a cozy shooter
>>
>pick Boba or Han as a hero and spend the entire match sniping and lucky shotting people from across the map
>spend entire matches as rebels strafing the battlefield in an a wing or snowspeeder and shooting people on the ground
>crash and abort vehicles when you're low on health so no one gets points for killing you
>steal vehicle powerups in front of teammates and don't use them
>clog up choke points with blaster cannons facing the wall

Who else /dick/ here?
>>
>>322446967
It really is though, the mechanics, tone/atmosphere, and gameplay are all there, it just lacks SO much in potential content
>>
File: 1392712379978.png (394 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1392712379978.png
394 KB, 720x720
>>322446967
>>322447191
these
>>
>>322446967
Nothing wrong with just making the best of things. I chose to get the Battlefront PS4 bundle because none of the others interested me at all.
>>
>>322446505
You can, but it takes forever where you're stuck flying in a straight line, so any competent fighter will kill you fast. Only time it's decent is if you have complete air control but you're sitting at like 10 HP and want to whore your K/D.
>>
>>322442347
>should of

I agree with your opinion, but fuck you right in the nose.
>>
>>322447135
Me too, but I also play the objective to make up for it.

>get to bounty hunter lvl 3 and use the bowcaster and jetpack as primary weapons

You'll get called a hacker but it's legit.
>>
You expect them to make new character models, animations, weapons and maps just for DLC? Fat fucking chance.
If prequel content wasn't in the base game, adding it in DLC would be too big for too little gain
>>
File: bitch.jpg (3 KB, 141x129) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
3 KB, 141x129
>>322438305
>playing this overpriced demo
>>
I'm surprised they aren't trying to push the shitty new Stormtrooper designs
>>
>>322447191
>gameplay
there are fundamental flaws to the gameplay that make it completely unfun for me
>>
File: 75472get.webm (236 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
75472get.webm
236 KB, 480x480
>>
>>322443572
some autist would've sat down and written the best lightsaber dueling game ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 227x225
>>322447486
>they put in a new map and a new game mode as a free DLC
expecting them not to put more maps and game modes in for paid DLC
>implying that EA/DICE haven't seen what a fail Destiny was and are going to repeat their mistakes by killing the game with lack of content so nobody buys DLC or sequels when they're probably contracted to make sequels and DLC just like Activision is for Destiny
>not realising that EA have already avoided that trend by making the game over all better than the beta where Destiny was the polar opposite
>>
>>322448064
Jedi Knight 4 when?
>>
File: kanan-ezra.jpg (50 KB, 625x362) Image search: [Google]
kanan-ezra.jpg
50 KB, 625x362
They aren't officially OT but they were around 5 years before ep 4. What are the odds of either of them making it in?
>>
>>322448781
>Ezra's blaster lightsaber in Battlefield
Please no that would be far too much
>>
>>322448781
>they aren't officially OT
You pretty much just answered your own question Mayne
>>
Despite its flaws it's such a comfy game to play. I really wish they kept in classes and used the card system to create more depth.

You could tailor classes to specific jobs (eg. a sharpshooter that has less firepower than a more campy one but has great mobility idfk) or make it more balanced (eg. a support/demo sacrificing some explosive power to be able to drop health packs). I think it would have had a lot more potential to it.
>>
EA said they were only focusing on the OT with that Battlefront. So enjoy paying for another game to get your prequel shit.
>>
File: SW_GSPoster_bonusLG2.jpg (80 KB, 639x427) Image search: [Google]
SW_GSPoster_bonusLG2.jpg
80 KB, 639x427
>>322449071
Magma troopers and Shock troopers aren't OT, but they were added in.
>>
>>322449357
So I guess Pandemic were total assholes too since the original Battlefront was OT only and Battlefront II covered the prequels amirite? :')
>>
>tfw no trench run battle

Such a fucking oversight.
>>
>>322444103
>not being a level 50 already

They've had 2 double XP weekends in December you autistic faglord. How much more do you need?

Play lots of Fighter Squadron, Heroes v Villians and Walker Assault. And play the objectives. It's all about the points, young padawan.
>>
>>322449713
>the original Battlefront was OT only
What
>>
>>322447135
You beautiful son of a bitch. I love you. Are you me?
>>
>>322450056
I only got the game on Wednesday
>>
>>322450059
WHOOSH

anon for fucks sake put in a little effort and just maybe understand things once in a while
>>
>Being able to unlock the shadowtrooper as your lvl50 reward
>Looks like he's wearing PVC

Okay.
>>
>>322450420
What the fuck are you even saying. Are you saying that pandemic aren't assholes because they made superior games? I don't think anyone would argue otherwise.
>>
>>322438305
No because there is a societal meme that the prequels are on par with plan 9 from outer space. In reality they're flawed but decent films. The hate is entirely unwarranted, they're better than TFA. Atleast they try new shit and have a good world and setting and some interesting characters
>>
>>322448781
They're from a show aimed for 4 year olds, they won't be in
>>
>>322450950
>try something new
>it's shit
>>
>>322452341
The acting was shit as was some of the writing. The setting and world building were fine.

Still superior to TFA and ANH
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.