[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
Let's talk about this game, /v/
I ignored it back when it came out because I was still hurting about A Machine for Pigs (yes I know it was different devs), but I recently pirated it and I really enjoyed it

The horror stuff was really unnecessary and it felt forced, but the puzzles and atmosphere and dialogue and story were all top notch.
>>
Literally just finished it OP.

I liked it. I feel like a stupid asshole for listening to /v/ when it first released, all the talk about it being 3 hours long was bullshit. Kind of wish there was more underwater outside giant monsters though.
>>
>>322439339
/v/ used to be a mostly reliable source for whether a game is good or not
Nowadays it seems that only games that are literal 10/10s or have a lot of niche appeal to certain groups on /v/ get praised
It's really a shame

But yeah, I would have liked to see more underwater spoop monsters and less weird cyborg zombie things
They really just felt like they were there to satisfy the Amnesia audience and stream faggots
>>
>>322437952
Not much to talk about tbqh
>>
>>322439617
Sure there is
Like do you think the ARK was worth it at all?
>>
>>322439607
Just being underwater made me more nervous and scared than any of the enemies inside.

Fucking dark large open underwater areas in video games are nightmare fuel all on their own. They could have done more with it in that sense.
>>
I don't know man, its alright but lots of times throughout the game I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to do. I think I got stuck trying to find a way to theta for like 4 hours underwater. Also a lot of the puzzles were odd in that I had no idea I could do certain things put chips into computers and all that (sounds stupid now, I know).

It reminded me of the forest temple in OoT where you have to grapple hook to a piece of wood, I had no idea that THAT piece of wood was graspable.
>>
>>322440068
Yeah, some of the puzzles were in no way obvious
That one where you have to get information out of that one simulation guy comes to mind
>>
So our reality is a simulation right.
>>
>>322437952
Puzzles?

???
>>
>>322440491
Scientists believe that there's a 40% chance that's correct
>>
>>322440378
YES HOLY FUCK

I was in particular talking about that one. Thank you man, its good to know I wasn't stuck at that part for fucking ever as well.

I got stuck so long at some parts that I completely forgot my objectives and came to rely on quitting and loading back up to see what it was. In my only defense, I've only played this game under the influence of DXM.
>>
>>322440501
Yes? There were puzzles
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.