[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games' endings ultimately made your struggles and adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: B3lePrBCAAIzNOn.png (423 KB, 599x436) Image search: [Google]
B3lePrBCAAIzNOn.png
423 KB, 599x436
What games' endings ultimately made your struggles and adventures pointless? In game, of course.
>>
The game of life.
>>
>>322427281
Mass Effect 3
>>
Life is Strange
>>
File: 1451608162316.jpg (124 KB, 448x348) Image search: [Google]
1451608162316.jpg
124 KB, 448x348
Red Dead redemption.

Why the fuck did I spend dozens of hours unlocking outfits to dress up John-John with? And why the fuck wasn't an option made to go back before?

It completely ruined the game for me. Great story, but horrible impact on a completionist gamer.
>>
>>322427281
AC Brotherhood. Desmond's entire plot ended really stupidly.
>>
Sonic '06
>>
Those cross guards seem kinda useless. What if your opponent slashes close to the hilt?
>>
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
>>
VTMB
>>
>>322427281
Zero Escape: 999

You pretty much allow the true villain get away with her semi-revenge plot just because the other guy was a dick too.
>>
>>322427737
well the ending has a real closure tho.

>spend the entire game trying to fix around the stuff you did in the past
>realize you can't run forever, and you are bound to die like anyone
>your son takes the same path as you tried to avoid
>>
File: romanbait.jpg (17 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
romanbait.jpg
17 KB, 540x527
>>322427737
>>
>>322427281

Bioshock Infinite. Any game that tries to make a point that your actions are useless in the 'grand scheme of things"

It's literally the worst point to make in a medium BASED on player interactions.
>>
>>322427737
didn't bother me really. i never do completionist shit in vidya since it's mostly autistic little things, but getting 100% in redemption was actually fun. i think it wouldn't have been as big of a deal to you if jack wasn't a faggot, right?
>>
>>322427281
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
>>
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

>btw, i can turn into a bird and fly. See yah :D
>>
>>322428101
are you retarded my friend?
>>
>>322427992
>>322428087
My problem was that I had no connection with the replacement character, and no reason to keep playing the game to dress him in outfits (I think some of the outfits were John only).

The point is that, you end up with a character who LOOKS stupid and has a shitty voice so you can;t even enjoy the ambience of the game any more.
>>
>>322428231
please tell me more
>>
>>322427281
Black Ops 3

Everything beyond the first mission is a coma dream as you die on the operating table.
>>
>>322428101
The ending was pretty bad but that wasn't the point at all.
>>
STALKER

the canon ending is that your actions actually caused the Zone to grow even bigger
>>
>>322427529
That ending is the reason I'm on a lifetime boycott of EA, Bioware, and anything touched by either Casey Hudson or Mac Walters.

>>322427737
You must be deaf to storytelling if you think that was a pointless ending.

>>322427739
Desmond's story didn't end for another two games after that, anon. Ubisoft seems to be trying to bring him back anyway.

>>322427862
While I was personally satisfied with it, I can see how someone might view it as invalidation of the Prince's struggles. I, however, don't, because kakolukia.

>>322428101
The ending was bad due to lack of narrative coherence, not lack of thematic basis.
>>
File: 1450330010611.gif (1 MB, 217x224) Image search: [Google]
1450330010611.gif
1 MB, 217x224
>>322427281
MGSV

Kojima is a complete embarrassment and a loser. He destroyed his own game to try and appeal to b-list directors. He even fired the star of the series in favor of following the advice of a blood-drinking Jew who bought the movie rights to his series ages ago.

The game is a complete fucking mess but has a good engine and tons of busy work so it's enough to convince most people it is a good game.

Yet and still, it is a complete piece of trash and Peace Walker is a better game.
>>
>>322427281
shadow of chernobyl if you are a dumb nigger who didnt get the good ending
>>
>>322428890
Is this true?
>>
Silent Hill 2

Still a masterpiece though
>>
undertale
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.