[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this cancelled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image:369.jpg (169 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image:369.jpg
169 KB, 1000x500
Is this cancelled?
>>
sadly, not
>>
File: 1451065009440.jpg (57 KB, 552x492) Image search: [Google]
1451065009440.jpg
57 KB, 552x492
>>322420024
To the people that don't understand why it's getting such a negative reception, you have to think about it like Triforce Heroes.

When Triforce Heroes was announced we knew we weren't getting that instead of a real Zelda game. We knew we were getting it in addition to a real Zelda game because Zelda for Wii U was shown off first. Triforce Heroes got to exist peacefully because everyone knew it was just a little multiplayer appetizer.

If they had shown a true Metroid experience and FedForce was announced alongside, people would have thought, like Triforce Heroes, "oh that's cool, something to play with my friends while waiting for the next main installment." But when Metroid goes dark for years and then this is the first and only thing people see of it, it's hard not to get annoyed when everyone assumed they had been working on a way to bring it back in a a more familiar sense. I personally believe a new single player Metroid game is in the works for the NX but since there's nothing really to back that up, all people can really see is that FedForce is the only Metroid game on the horizon.

Multiplayer fits Zelda as bad as it fits Metroid but the reason one was okay and the other wasn't is because we didn't go years and years without real Zelda games.

Maybe FedForce is on hold so it can be shown alongside NX Metroid so people could give it a more fair chance.
>>
File: image.gif (278 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
278 KB, 500x259
No,they are working on it still

Though they are taking the negativity into consideration to make sure it's a good game

They can't really do anything, there isn't suddenly going to be another new Metroid revealed now

The game's going to be good though, it looked great at Treehouse Livestream and they are clearly taking their time to make the game better

Next Level Game's makes great games despite how shit the graphics may look

Remember the shitposting fiasco with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon's garbage graphics? Yet the game ended up being better than the original minus the atmosphere

I'm looking forward to it

And the negative reaction is just giving Nintendo a wake up call so your going to get your Metroid later guranteed
>>
>>322420316
>>322420667

Federation Force was revealed decide to exist in the absolute worst time possible

But that shouldn't mean people need to throw it off

NLG hasn't made a bad game since working with Nintendo and they aren't about to
>>
>>322420316
Not to mention, Nintendo teased Metroid and a "new Retro" game several times since Other M's release.
>>
>>322420838

That's entirely your fault to assume it was Metroid they were teasing

Retro wanted to make a new DKC, one that where they can be as creative as they can since DKCR only had the nostalgia factor
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if they reworked it a bit, and added more Samus screentime as a form of appeasement.
>>
>>322420316
TL;DR
Triforce Heroes is an spin-off that actually showed good things in the trailers and were confirmed when the game released.

Federation Force showed a slow game with no exploration and simplistic level design that bored the fucking Treehouse, when the people in charge to show how fun and good is your game almost fall sleep playing it is a really bad signal.
>>
So what's really wrong with the game?
>>
>>322421119
Way to miss the point completely, read that post again.
>>
>>322420024

I work at nintendo... it is not
>>
>>322421119
>that bored the fucking Treehouse
things that never happened
>>
Probably not.
There will always be a small minority that'll lap up every single blunder related to Nintendo, just look at #FE.
>>
>>322420316
TL;DR Nintendo fans are completely autistic and throw a fit at a fucking spin off, which is funny since Nintendo spins the shit out of their franchises whenever possible.

The only complain thus far is
>Not muh metroid

Just how fucking old are you people? If you play Nintendo games pass middle school you have issues.
>>
>>322420971
>That's entirely your fault to assume it was Metroid they were teasing
No, because Nintendo actually said over the years that a new Metroid is in the works, besides "Retro's game". Retro's may or may not have been related to Metroid, but it always seem to go with the Metroid teasin by Nintendo though.

Also Reggie had a Metroid pin for no fucking reason at one of the previous VAGs.
>>
Why not just make another Other M-esque game with a silent Samus?

Fuck this multiplayer shit.
>>
>>322421119
No the TL;DR was
Triforce heroes was a spin off announced after a proper Zelda title was previously announced and it wasn't too bad nor looked bad when it was announced

Federation Forces is the only metroid game we have gotten to seen in upwards of 5 years and it is a spin off that looks absolutely abysmal.

Personally the concept is there but the artistic direction and how it plays looks like the worst shit ever conceived.
>>
>>322421140

Ignoring the fact that it's not a real Metroid game and there hasn't been a real Metroid game for years (the last one being the atrocity Other M), the game just looks boring.

The Prime series was great, but the shooting was always "serviceable". Not amazing. You point (or lock-on) and shoot, maybe occasionally firing a missile. The series was all about atmosphere, level design, exploration, cool upgrades, etc. Federation Force is almost nothing BUT shooting, without anything that made the Prime series great. The only twist is the co-op, and there are plenty of much better co-op shooters out there. There's nothing about the game that's especially remarkable or interesting. The level design is boring, the mission structure is boring, if it didn't have the Metroid name it would be forgotten immediately. Even the soccer mini-game was upstaged by Rocket League.
>>
>>322421579
And samus' ship is in the back ground of one the Tropical Freeze stages.
for 1 whole year nintendo was subtly dropping hints in directs all over the fucking place and what we get out of it is this turd.
>>
>>322420024
Can't wait to see how badly this bombs.
Do you think it will do better or worse than Codename SHIT?
>>
>>322421530
>"Stop liking what I don't like."
>>
>>322420316
Don't forget another factor:

Triforce Heroes bombed, critically and commercially. They're probably taking a hard, long look at this because of that.
>>
>>322422325

Well it sold about as well as FSA, so Nintendo can't be TOO surprised.
>>
>>322420667
>Yet the game ended up being better than the original minus the atmosphere

Objectively false.
>>
>>322422325
Neither of those is true. If you consider a 74/100 to be "bombing", then you need to lay off the koolaid. And sales figures outside of the first week Japan sales have never been revealed.
>>
>>322422523
Yeah, but FSA was on the gamecube and fairly niche. Triforce Heroes was more 'accessible', being on the 3DS and all. Combine that with the Zelda brand, and it's probably pretty strange to Nintendo that it did so badly.

>>322422593
>Neither of those is true. If you consider a 74/100 to be "bombing", then you need to lay off the koolaid.
We're talking in terms of score inflation here, buddy. That's bad.

>And sales figures outside of the first week Japan sales have never been revealed.
They usually hide those things for a reason, you know. It's because they want to save face.
>>
>>322420667
>Dark Moon
>better than the original
Nope. Not even a nostalgia fag btw, I played them both within the same months.
Only thing it had going was multiplayer but that shit died within a month.
>>
>>322421615
Why not just make Other M, but good? Make it Platinum games. Make Adam a cool, crazy guy we shed manly tears for and point out obscure details that might hint at his survival.
>>
It's not cancelled, you dweeb. Nintendo is either pulling it's usual silent routine and won't even mention it up until shortly before the release (if they mention it again at all) or they went back to retool it due to the reaction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have a problem with the game that's understandable, but wanting it cancelled makes you a total chode.
>>
>>322422994
They wouldn't dare make another game like Other M. Even if it were fun, people would take one look at it and immediately recoil in horror and denounce it outright.
>>
File: qmm.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
qmm.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>322420024
I don't really understand why Nintendo fans are so upset/surprised about this. Nintendo has been doing dumb spin offs of all their IPs like Mario Tennis, Soccer and whatnot since forever. Why did noone complain about those?
>>
>>322424042
Because those series also got mainline games on the side.
>>
>>322424042
It's coming out even though the next mainline game isn't announced.

And because many of the people complaining think Nintendo hates Metroid and will never make another one, they think this game somehow ate the Metroid game they wanted and they're mad at it for taking away the chance of getting a real Metroid.
>>
>>322420316
Well, that an the fact that the last game in the series is one of the most hated video games Nintendo has ever made.
>>
>Retro will never be allowed to do what they want due to autistic Metroid fans forces by them to be the "Metroid studio"
>>
>>322427265

But the last two games they made were Donkey Kong.
>>
File: NILUavl.jpg (277 KB, 1855x2087) Image search: [Google]
NILUavl.jpg
277 KB, 1855x2087
>>322420316
Let's also not forget that Triforce Heroes was marketed as that. If it was called Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Triforce Heroes, it would be the same shit.

If they had just called this Federation Force from the start, there would be no shitstorm.
>>
>>322420024
>Is this cancelled?

If Nintendo were smart peeps, it would be.

>it's definitely, 100% going to get released
>>
>>322422587
>>322422878

Your fucking dillusional if you actually think Dark Moon wasnt an objectively better game

The gameplay was better, the puzzle's were better, the interactions were better
>>
>>322429008

>>>Nintendo

>Cancelling because of a bad first impression

I don't need to remind people about the 180 reaction torwards Super Mario 3D World after we got a trailer that made it look good
>>
>>322429873
It was a totally different kind of game in so many ways. It did some things better but other things it didn't do at all.

The original had better atmosphere and exploration and neat stuff like the portrait ghosts. Dark Moon handled the actual ghost catching and puzzles better but it lacked those elements. If anything I would consider it a sidestep more than an upgrade.
>>
>>322420316
Can I have the full picture? Im asking nicely, anon.
>>
File: 1451331179489.png (51 KB, 216x178) Image search: [Google]
1451331179489.png
51 KB, 216x178
>>322430438
I don't have it, m8.
>>
>>322429989
Still waiting on that Fed trailer that doesn't make it look like trash and the least bit like a metroid game.
>>
>>322430438
It's pretty easy to find on reverse image search m8
>>
>>322431265
Iqdb, google image sesrch, tineye and sauceNAO have failed me.
Anon, you're my only hope
>>
>>322420667
>Better than the original

Stop, don't even try. We all know you're full of shit. I can concede it wasn't. The worst thing Nintendo has done, but the original LM is a masterpiece and the sequel is not.
>>
File: XJ9.jpg (30 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
XJ9.jpg
30 KB, 600x436
>>322431574
>>
>>322431960
I'm dissappointed, but thankful.
>>
>>322428476
This game has more in common gameplay wise to Metroid Prime than Metroid Prime Pinball did
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.