[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3ds homebrew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
With the FE fan translation going smoothly, have you taken time to add homebrew to your 3ds, /v/?

http://corbindavenport.com/?p=403

A good anon from /hbg/ sent me this link and it's working nicely on my 10.3-28U firmware, installing Ironfall at the moment. It's taking a while but hopefully after I finish with this I can use the imported game just fine.
>>
If you're above 9.2 you can't use modified roms, i.e. fan translations.
>>
>>322416562
But you can? Anon, have you heard of HANS?
>>
>>322415769
How did Opéra get a cameo in FE¿?
>>
>>322416726

Not him, but that is partially correct. For example, you will have to purchase the FE If Special Edition to use the fan patch (which is rather rare AND expensive now), and you CANNOT play IK due to DLC being impossible to purchase out of region. In order to play all 3 routes, you must pirate it, and you must be 9.2 or below to do that.
>>
>>322415769
>tfw I updated to 10.3
Flashcard updates can't come fast enough.
>>
>>322418306

Gateway confirmed they can make their card run on 10.3, so just wait there. You can then either buy one (they're $50 or so) or just wait a bit and I'm sure CFW will come.
>>
>>322418869
>10.3 card
Fuck yes. Does it work with the fan translation? I don't really care about pirating, I can buy the jap version just to support the devs, as long as I can apply the fan patch.
>>
File: youer mom.jpg (21 KB, 415x370) Image search: [Google]
youer mom.jpg
21 KB, 415x370
>>322415769
After watching translated videos, I am entirely convinced this game will have 50% of its dialogue changed in the US release.

I've never been one to actually get too upset about censoring, but when I could see it in text finally, I became pretty irritated. It feels like what we'll get in a few months wont even be the same fucking game. So I guess I'll lurk this thread and learn how to play the translated one out of open revolt.
>>
>>322415769
I'm in 9.8 and all the instructions sound really complex. So, not in the near future.
>>
>>322419119

Gateway grants you 100% piracy in all forms. That includes, but is not limited to:

>games
>eShop exclusive games (think Shantae, etc)
>DLC
>updates
>mods (fan translations, Pokemon hacks)
>save modification (editing saves, sharing saves, etc)
>built in Action Replay
>ingame screenshots for all games
>savestates
>custom themes
>homebrew

Note that CFW also does all of this too.
>>
File: heavybreathing.gif (309 KB, 460x351) Image search: [Google]
heavybreathing.gif
309 KB, 460x351
>>322419339
>>
>>322419287
You get a CFW if you're one of the cool kids who knows their software. Scrubs like myself will just get the next Gateway card and play it there.
>>
>>322415769
I'm just waiting to see if that downgrade exploit comes out before Fates does. I really don't want to buy this and support the shitty decisions IS/Nintendo have made with it.
>>
>>322419509

Just be ABSOLUTELY sure to not update, ever.

>>322419512

There is no "next" Gateway card. Gateway, unlike Sky3DS, can be updated to work for anything. That's the exact reason why my Gateway card which previously only worked for 4.5 firmwares now works for up to 9.2 (due to a software update for the card itself, not files on an SD card or so on).

I do recommend CFW though, since it is free. There is the argument about how using .3ds files is easier, since you can just drag and drop them, while .cia files require you to put the file on the SD card, install them at a snail's pace, and the uninstall them if you want to put a new game on the card (assuming it's full). It's all a matter of choice though.
>>
>>322419783
>Just be ABSOLUTELY sure to not update, ever.
How do I disable that shit? I'm ok with staying on 10.3 forever. I'm ok with missing out on the eShop, and I suppose multiplayer is out of the question, too. But I don't care, I got this for single player.
>>
>>322419783
How does the card update?
>>
>>322415769
Do we have any kind of confirmation at all what/how much is getting changed in localization or censored? I'd like to know more about this since the time is close at hand.
>>
>>322420003

>I'm ok with missing out on the eShop, and I suppose multiplayer is out of the question, too.

Gateway/CFW have full eShop access and can play online no problems at all, so you're not going to be missing out on that.

As for now, stay the fuck away from the internet. Your 3DS cannot update on its own, but if you get a nag (you'll get a window saying "an update is ready" when you boot the system up) be VERY careful not to hit yes. It CANNOT update unless you hit yes, so stay away from the internet for now, and be sure to be extra careful if that window ever appears.

>>322420174

The card has a micro SD slot (to hold games, duh), and it can install an update directly to the card if you give it an update file via micro SD. After it installs the update, you can just remove the file from your micro SD and be on your merry way.

For example, Sky3DS doesn't have this function. Sky currently CANNOT play FE If, Triforce Heroes, and a lot of new games. Since the card has no ability to update, the Sky Team are selling a new card which supposedly gets past this, but costs $90, cannot play out of region games, cannot play eShop games, and cannot use DLC/updates, and cannot play online (if the game needs an update to do so).
>>
>>322420454
I don't think anything has been confirmed.
>>
Im impatient and cant wait for MHX. Does Gateway work on 10.1?
>>
>>322420454
>Malig Knight
>Malignant
>get it? XD
>>
File: patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>322415769
Well I've had rxTools CFW since it became a big thing last year. I haven't installed homebrew launcher yet though cause I feel like I have everything I need already on my CFW, not to mention that I installed Browser Timewarp so I can still use the web browser exploit on my 10.3 emuNAND.
>>
File: 1449137750237.png (631 KB, 721x1123) Image search: [Google]
1449137750237.png
631 KB, 721x1123
Fuck, I have no time to try this right now but I hope it works.
I was using sliderhax before it got patched and ever since then I had no way to fuck around with my 3ds and that made me drop it for few months
Thank you and the anon who posted that
>>
>>322420524
>it can install an update directly to the card if you give it an update file via micro SD. After it installs the update, you can just remove the file from your micro SD and be on your merry way
Just to be entirely sure, I get the update for Gateway from their website, put the files from my computer onto the microSD. Load the microSD into the 3DS cartridge and when I boot the flashcard it does the rest of the work?

I'm terrible with this kind of stuff, that's the reason I'm not getting CFW, it seems like more trouble.
>>
>>322420836

Gateway claims they can make the card work for up to 10.3, but it's only compatible up to 9.2 currently. Just wait a bit and see what happens.

MHX is also 100% translated as of right now for everything but random NPC talk. As in, all the quests, materials, subquests, and so on are fully translated.
>>
>>322420524
Oh, so I could buy a card right now and wait for the update? I'll still wait a bit, but check out some sellers.
>>
>>322421429

>Just to be entirely sure, I get the update for Gateway from their website, put the files from my computer onto the microSD. Load the microSD into the 3DS cartridge and when I boot the flashcard it does the rest of the work?

Exactly. The only setup Gateway has is put a file on your 3DS's SD card, and then pop the Gateway card in and play games. If it needs and update, it'll tell you, and then you just follow the on-screen instructions.
>>
>>322421479
Thats why im looking into it.

I should probably also mention im running with an old 3ds.

I read something on a re-seller site that it had support that far up for O3DS?
>>
>>322421576

I'd play it safe and simply wait until they confirm everything and set it in stone, just to be extra careful. Just check out their resellers list on their website.
>>
>>322421839

It has support up to 9.2 for O3DS and N3DS. 10.3 support for both is "soon".
>>
>>322421949
Aight. Guess im playing the waiting game.
>>
Aside from the obvious Fire Emblem Fates, are there any other games in the forseeable future that will get a so terrible localization that fans decide to translate the games themselves?
I'm having a hard time justifying buying a flashcard or getting CFW for one game, since I don't lack money.
>>
>start IK campaign on hard/classic
>first two chapters they throw softball units at you and none of them advance unless they're in range
>chapter 9 has units with stats comparable to your units
>ninjas and bowmen everywhere
>Hana does a whole 1 damage to the oni savages
what the fuck
>>
>>322422395

CFW is 100% free. What's not to love about free?
>>
>>322422750
Fan patch? How is it?
>>
>>322423285
there's a ton of typos and weird grammar. i've been taking screenshots of errors that I'll dump when I have time. it's fine for the most part though
>>
File: Free stuff.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Free stuff.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>322422768
>What's the matter don't you want free stuff

It's really because I'm a moralfag. Also I get nervous when tampering with software/machinery that I'd rather see remaining functional as I have a streak of destrying things I try to fix/improve.
>>
>>322423562

Well you're free to do whatever you want. I'm just saying that CFW doesn't cost you a cent, and it gives you access to free everything AND translation patches for games like MHX and FE If.
>>
>>322423562
You can still buy your games anon. That's what I'm planning to do if the fan patch is good.
>>
>>322420535
Because they know it will cost sales. Better they get your money before you finding out the game is massively gutted and altered.

The only acceptable and legitimate way to enjoy this game will be through piracy. You are not permitted to say you 'played' FE Fates if you bought the localized, heavily redacted version for ameri and yuro cucks.
>>
>>322415769
This guide works up to 10.3

I'm still on 9.8

Is there any reason for me to update to 10.3 before applying this? Also do 3DS games force updates on you like Sony does for their games? I haven't played any recent 3DS games yet so I have no idea but I do have the FE Fates Special Edition pre-ordered
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.