[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve on PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: qu3a4sxwtolwbwsad0ze.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
qu3a4sxwtolwbwsad0ze.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone still play this on Playstation 4 in Australia?
>>
>>322412226
nobody plays this anywhere on any platform
>>
I played that beta for a few hours and had a bunch of fun, then never felt compelled to play it again
>>
>>322412226
If you bought it then that's a shame. If you didn't do not. It's a dead disappointing game.
>>
>>322412226
>Does anyone still play this
Of course not.
>>
Hmm, I ask because I bought it on PC and it is a really good game. First few months it was easy to get a game and I had a great time getting to level 40.

Recently I have found no games. It's on sale on PS4 so was wondering if the match making is better.

It really is a good game
>>
>>322412961
>>322414075

ahem
>>
I was reading about this game recently and it got me interested in looking into how fast multiplayer games "die". Outside of games that are expected to get regular sequels (halo, CoD, etc), multiplayer-only new IPs kinda disappear once they release. Titanfall is another example I can think of. What happened?
>>
File: cyq3kk.jpg (66 KB, 1306x600) Image search: [Google]
cyq3kk.jpg
66 KB, 1306x600
>>
>>322414772
>>322415221

its in its death throes. once one more group of a 100ish people leave for a new game evolve will collapse and join an ever increasing community of dead multiplayer"only" games.
>>
>>322415063
Greed.
>>
Yeah, greed fucked this game more than any other product I've ever seen, jesus.
>>
File: nosgoth.png (119 KB, 743x389) Image search: [Google]
nosgoth.png
119 KB, 743x389
>>322415221
EL OH EL
>>
>>322415063

titanfall and evolve are prime examples of games stripped so bare boned then nickle and dimed back to the consumer that they have nothing to hold or attract a community outside of first wave buyers and free weekends.

Look at the old wc3 b.net community that lasted 5-8 years strong (mods) and even zombie panic source had a community that stayed strong for almost 3 years (mods). now a days theres so much competition in f2p games, f2p mmo's, f2p AoS's f2p shooters. all these games are fighting to establish themselves an ecosystem that attracts that 10% of buyers who are more profitable apparently then the other 90% of consumers. facebook and mobile games now are huge in this market.

An online community can't compete with shit dlc and nickle and dime tactics unless they can establish a huge playerbase of around 20k-30k active players that persist's past the first month or two. Overwatch might be big enough due to being a blizzard ip, it might just fizzle out and die.
>>
File: deadgames.png (362 KB, 1480x796) Image search: [Google]
deadgames.png
362 KB, 1480x796
>>322416030
>>322415221

Keep in mind that when cs;go launched it limped on with around 12k-20k that dropped down to a deathly low rate and then as the game began to siphoned off source + 1.6 players + tf2 players (dem economic mind tricks man) the game exploded in popularity and in the span of 2 years had almost 6x its player base...this picture is 1 year old but shows abit of what i'm talking about.
>>
>>322415894

Greed and complete and utter ineptitude by the devs.
Those retards would be stumped by the balance of rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>322416515

damn son
>>
I watch an Aussie streamer who streams it all the time on Xbox. Evolve is still got people on all platforms, ignore fags. It's a good game.
>>
>>322415221

Just ignore the fact it's been growing for the past 2 months.
>>
>>322414772
>>322415221
Man this was hyped to shit. Not even the most powerful marketing machine could have saved this game. I'd be really pissed if I had spent money on this.
>>
Been playing since release and holy shit is it frustrating. You either get teams of dumb asses who have no idea what they're doing and just wander around like brainless retards not understanding that maybe they should follow the glowing tracks the monster very obviously lays out for you, or you play a game with fucking masters that seem like they might as well be hacking and find the monster within 1 minute and end the game 2 minutes in. I even tried playing the monster myself against the fucks and holy shit you can't even hide from them, they're like bots. I'd use the decoy in a different direction to where I'm going if they start getting near, hide in a bush when I'm invisible until they go away, but it never fucking works. They'd completely ignore it and go balls deep into the god damn bush.
>>
>>322419313
I spent 60 bucks on it. Got like 30 hours out of it. Not the worst deal, it was fun, not amazing but fun while it lasted. If they'd have sold it for 15 bucks and rotated out the monster with a proper cosmetic shop like CS:GO it'd have done amazingly well.

It just wasn't a 60 dollar game. However, at 30 hours of fun before it just died off, I think I got a fair deal.
>>
>>322419632

The game really only favors hunters if the hunters are really good. Seriously Evolve is super anti-casual. It's git gud or lose in 30 seconds.
>>
Did anyone here get the Ultimate Edition for PS4? I had a question.

What DLC did it give you? The Amazon listing said it included all of it but when I put in the code it only gave me Jack and the Jack Victory Skin.
>>
>>322412226
>does anyone still play this on [console with tiny userbase] in [country with tiny userbase]
No.
>>
>>322420438

Everything except Behemoth. You'll also get the new Support that comes out here soon.

You have to buy Behemoth and the 50% of skins that aren't free. Otherwise you have all the heroes and monsters. Still have to play Kraken to unlock Wraith tho.

>>322420525

Console is the biggest population. PC is picking up tho. Definitely need to change region to US or Europe if you want to play without 10 minute queues. Japan and Aus still are kinda active.
>>
>>322419759
it's sad, game had potential but it just got so boring so goddamn fast.
>>
>>322420861

It's hit or miss. I've been playing for months on Xbox. Already got 75 hours on PC since it went on sale for Xmas.

Game is pretty unique and niche.
>>
>>322420250
Iunno man. There's being good and there's "How the fuck did you do that". I've even tried starting out by purposely making tracks going in one direction, but then sneaking the other direction (for those who've never played, the monster gets a head start and sneaking doesn't leave tracks) but the hunters completely fucking ignored the tracks and headed straight for me. They didn't even have maggie or anything to give them a clear idea if the tracks were real or not.
>>
>>322416187
Lmao,

Overwatch is a full priced multiplayer only cosmetics+microtransaction fest.

I'm calling it now, DOA. Like Heroes of the storm.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.