[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this get so much hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: welcome to oss.png (292 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
welcome to oss.png
292 KB, 945x945
Why does this get so much hate?
>>
It doesn't? Rhythm games just aren't that popular.
>>
File: this-image-looks-like-osu.jpg (139 KB, 960x838) Image search: [Google]
this-image-looks-like-osu.jpg
139 KB, 960x838
>>
we had this thread yesterday. it's becasue its shit and filled with botting cheaters
>>
It's a rhythm game that puts rhythm very low on the priority list for scoring and progression.
Osu is all about mouse/pen precision and maintaining combos.
Also the charting is generally pretty shitty (especially if you include mania), the community is retarded, the list goes on

If you want to get into actual rhythm games look into bemani sims, they're all free and relatively easy to set up
>>
too hard for people

they want easy games like LoL and csgo

osu is the most difficult game you can play nowadays
>>
https://youtu.be/JPVIgshtOag
>>
>>322408198
>osu is the most difficult game you can play nowadays

Not even close, even solely considering rhythm games.

Get Kaiden in a IIDX.
>>
>>322408191
Not to mention 99% of the maps are weeb music and instrumentals. I can get into those every once in a while, but finding a good song that I can actually understand and rock out to is rare.
>>
>>322408528
well, it's the most accessible rhythm game, the others are for people in korea/japan
>>
>>322407893
I just realized I do this, but desu osu is better than any of those
>>
>>322408191
Show me the first step in setting up a bemani sim.
>>
>>322409121
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gXnexg7qd7RcTDrHEOOTyS4Ioj5ZLsaU1qJacWIqRsU/edit?pref=2&pli=1
http://kshoot.client.jp/download.html
first google results for their respective games
>>
>>322408191
>Also the charting is generally pretty shitty

How so? Anything specific?
>>
>>322409417
Thanks.
>>
>>322408191
Yeah I hate the scoring system. When playing online it's almost always whoever fucks up first, even if it's only one time, loses.
>>
>>322409438
some people dislike osu mapping because anybody can map and each mapper has their own style so maps aren't consistent
>>
>>322408198
>osu is the most difficult game you can play nowadays
jej
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilFZZCSjQE
>>
>>322409096
Disagree, but all that matters is that you now see where some hate comes from.
>>322409121
Get Lunatic Rave 2 and find some torrents of BMS packs. The skydrive might be out there still too.

Here - http://djrea.blogspot.com/2012/10/lunatic-rave-bms.html
>>
>>322409697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th150JTV2co
>>
File: 1362969449305.jpg (27 KB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
1362969449305.jpg
27 KB, 338x300
>>322409827
I hope you're not actually implying you think that is harder.
>>
>>322407917
this
>>
>>322410029
yours would be easier if the interface wasn't designed in 1997
>>
>>322410169
How exactly should IIDX be redesigned, and in what possible way would an interface redesign change the physical dimensions of the hardware?
>>
>>322410169
what does the interface even have to do with the difficulty?
the notes come down clearly with no overlap or anything that could distract you
>>
Osu! is actually the reason I got into rhythm games, and while Osu!S is very refreshing and fun, it definitely places rhythm super, super low on the list of skills you want to develop, a bunch of Osu! players can simply play the game by playing Wackamole, reacting to the circles appearing on the screen and just moving their hand to them, ignoring all sense of rhythm especially if the map is poorly made or when DT is thrown onto a map and really makes the whole aspect of finding a rhythm very hard.

Osu!m is, in my opinion, plain garbage when you compare it to other falling not style rhythm games, such as Beatmania, stepmania, POP'n etc. The charts feel just dense for the fact that it adds difficulty, nothing in it is mapped to make me feel like I'm recreating a song or playing to its rhythm, and I feel this is because maybe Osu!M players have never seen some amazing maps put in through other falling note style games and also because Osu!M has very limited key mapping abilities, limiting a mappers creative freedom when customizing a song.

I can't speak of Taiko, as I have not played it at all, it looks fun, but kind of boring since you are limited to 4 buttons.

CtB is not a rhythm game in any sense of the word, seriously it shouldn't even be in the game.

Osu!, while an extremely popular rhythm game and very fun for its standard gameplay, is not a "pure" rhythm game since most of the time you can play it by simply looking at the notes and not finding a rhythm or pattern.

Also I feel the game just focuses a bit too much on the whole "PP" system, since it's so easy to find maps to get pp on using Tillerino (an in game bot that recommends you map based on your rank and highest plays) and because people know how to abuse mods like HD and DT I think we are going to get more maps focused less on rhythm and more on high-intensity patterns made to give players more PP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppvmQtI-lLg
>>
>>322410169
>interface
>difficulty
this is bait
>>
>>322410169
See kids, this is just one additional example as to why Osu gets hated.

It's one thing to have a preference, but it's another to even have a mentality where you would think this sounds logically true.
>>
>>322410356
>>322410521
well, it's very ugly, and the colors hurt my eyes. it looks very archaic, i feel like I would go blind playing it.

while in osu everything is smooth and fresh looking and customizable completely to your liking
>>
File: 1437294428116.gif (40 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1437294428116.gif
40 KB, 325x325
>>322410751
>>
>>322410683
I hope it is. That or false flagging to make Osu fans look even more stupid.
>>
so anons, why don't you play flashlight
>>
>>322410837
no im being serious

a counter-intuitive interface like that adds to the difficulty

its probably made like that on purpose in which case that is artificial difficulty
>>
>>322410751
You can customize a PC client like Lunatic Rave 2, just look at Azer (A top Osu!S player) playing LR2, it's much more clean, my Lunatic Rave 2 setup is also meant to be clean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5eEcFfQnV8
The PC versions of IIDX can be easily customized, but I've never had an issue with any of the arcade or PS2 games
>>
File: 1440425003428.gif (205 KB, 775x407) Image search: [Google]
1440425003428.gif
205 KB, 775x407
>>322411004
>>
what are some good pc rhythm games aside from osu? inb4 read the thread
>>
>>322410996
I would play it if it didn't reduce in size as combo didn't go up.
>>322411004
How in anyway is IIDX's interface bad? You can clearly see the notes, you have graphs so you can tell where you are placing compared to others online, you have a little video that you get used to not focusing on and then you just have things like PGREATS, GREATS, GOODS etc. and than your grove gauge, it's like the easiest thing in the world to look at.
>>
>>322411175
If you want to play Beatmania, check out Lunatic Rave 2 (Be warned half of the websites to get the stuff are in moonrunes and if you can't play IIDX 12's you need to install another moonrune client to get your beatmaps ordered in a nice way)
If you are interested in a game like Sound Voltex check out K-shoot mania
>>
>>322411175
Lunatic Rave 2, the Beatmania IIDX simulator. There's links in this thread to tell you what to do.
>>
>>322411265
yes I want a big graph while i'm playing and giant words that say great and good over the notes while having the notes themselves be the size of ants
>>
It never matches up to EBA and Ouendan and therefore feels soulless
>>
I got into osu! after playing FPS games for ages and timing and rhythm is like 90% of the reason I have not been improving. Even on songs that are way higher difficulty than I could play properly clicking the notes accurately is not very difficult for me, its hitting fast strings and songs with weird timings. I never played rhythm games before this so I am curious if this is how improving in this game normally goes for people more used to them.
>>
>>322411471
E
B
A
>>
>>322411457
>big graph
It's so you can easily read where you are at compared to others, if you are a better player, at a glance it can help you see where you are going in terms of hit accuracy (it's basically just the hit accuracy number in Osu! but on a graph) it's on the other side of the screen, you'd have to TRY to get distracted by it.

The GREATS and GOODS are there to help you with timing, you can reduce them in PC clients and they never get in the way, your eyes move all the time in IIDX to see past them, some people stare much further up on the screen and some look near the bottom, but after a while you just get used to it and it's more there to gauge your timing.
>>
>>322411457
it's funny because you can turn off both of those things and you can customise the look of the notes
fully aware i've been baited
>>
>>322410751
>>322411004
The UI in IIDX is perfectly fine as it is right now and still stands as the most easily navigable rhythm game series I have ever played. The style folders are right out in the open, scrolling through the song list is fast and precise, and the options are very quick and easy to set. Floating high speed and lift are Godsends which slashes down the time spent on setting up options even further, and you don't have to go through eight hundred billion menus before you can actually start playing (hi pop'n).
>>
>>322411457
The judgment line can be turned off in all of the PS2 games and the recent AC games, and the simulators. I agree that it is distracting and I keep it off as well, though others prefer it as it gives direct feedback to your timing.

The notes should be small. I don't see how having them larger would be a benefit, since everything besides the bottom would just be screen clutter.
>>
>>322411480
Are you musically inclined? Playing Osu! is akin to playing a musical instrument.

Can you read sheet music? If you apply music theory to songs, you can start to methodically pick up on the odd-timed notes that aren't just the 1/4th or 1/8th notes.

I don't know how else to explain it, I just remember picking up on it a long time ago after a lot of practice.
>>
who is the cookiezi of iidx?
>>
>>322412023
DOLCE, maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVU9qEKdXNE
>>
>>322410552
Who's that semen demon?
>>
File: iidxiroha.jpg (64 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
iidxiroha.jpg
64 KB, 576x792
>>322412183
Looks like it could be Iroha, if it's one of the IIDX main characters.

It could be a one-off otherwise. There's a lot of those throughout the series.
>>
>>322411980
learned and forgot sheet music a few times for a few instruments I never stuck with so I guess I am not very adept with music in general. But for the most part I just can't get my fingers to move fast enough for long streams. Hitting strings of 5 or less notes is easy even at high BPMs but anything longer than that and it goes to shit quick.
I think what people say about it not being so much about the rhythm is kind of true, it took a long time to break the habbit of hitting notes as soon as I saw them instead of hitting them to a beat. I still play like that though for hard songs.
>>
The music comment is fair enough once you get to decent difficulty, but above that it's just gameplay. Especially since accuracy isn't so important.
>>
>>322407917
Why would you care about botting cheaters?
If you wanna lift ur rank u play solo, and in multiplayer no one cares about who is first, if one is obviously cheating
>>
File: 1423142677400.png (994 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423142677400.png
994 KB, 1280x720
>>322409417
>>322408191
>tfw want to get into kshoot mania but just can't get into it, especially with how awkward it feels to play on a keyboard
>>
>>322414080
Invest in a controller for DJ DAO, gonna cost you crap loads of money to get it to arcade but it's worth it, I bought my IIDX controller from the guy and it's solid, pricey though.
>>
>>322414080
Controllers are on sale right now on gamo2 if you are in the US and really wanted to get one. I have don't have a Dao but I have a Turbocharger that I spent 260 dollars on and the game is fun as fuck, definitely worth it imo. I also have a Dao IIDX controller and they are very high quality so I'd assume their SDVX controllers are high quality too.
>>
>>322411004
Don't you ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
Fucking shitposter faggot don't try and fuck me with bait like that again you cunt
>>
I wish it was more osu mania maps like these.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/143807
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/136889
>>
>>322414449
>>322414667
That's pretty expensive yeah, I think i'll just stick with osu for now and maybe i'll get one of those in the future. Would be neat if I could ever try out SDVX proper but doubt any place would get those cabinets where I live.
>>
>>322414697
dont have an aneurysm grandpa
>>
STE{<AMOA
>>
If there's a game like Catch the Beat mode, I want to play it.
>>
>>322415562
If you are ever going to consider buying a SDVX controller, now is the time since DAO's shipping prices are normally rape-you-in-the-asshole high. Right now, they are doing free shipping to the US, but once that stops, you can expect to pay AT LEAST $60 USD for shipping alone.
>>
>>322412023
idk... Dolce ? or RAG ?
>>
>>322419084
110$ EMS shipping for my FP7 because i live on an island...
>>
>>322418819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwrZHu-d-vY
Kaboom on Atari 2600.
No seriously, i thought CTB was a clone of Kaboom, and after i realised that CTB was a clone of the EZ2Catch mode in EZ2DJ when i got the HDD.
>>
>>322409697
dude a pianist would wreck this shit up so easily
>>
>>322420323
>a pianist would wreck this easily

Anon, you are forgetting that the game isn`t only about hitting notes. You need to know when to hit them and that is where "reading" comes to play. Pianists play them from sheets with their own pace while the game sets the pace for you.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.