[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: totalwar_warhammer_empire_charge.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
totalwar_warhammer_empire_charge.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
So is this going to be the game that redeems Total War? The artstyle is and aesthetic looks like it could probably be the best in a total war to date, but I'm a bit wary considering what a mess Rome II was on launch
>>
I'm really hyped for it, though I likely won't be able to play it when it comes out.
>>
>what a mess Rome II
Well, it's no longer bugged out the ass but particularly when unmodded, it's just as appalling mechanically as it was at launch. Or well, almost.

Attila kinda redeems it, though. It fixes many of R2's shortcomings, like replacing the completely meaningless faction system with one that is actually kinda neat now, with family tree and political options that actually matter to an extent. And while it retains many of mechanics that annoyed me to no end in Rome 2, they feel unoffensive in Attila. For example, all armies are still tied to generals but the economy is balanced such that I don't think that's an annoying restriction, it's no longer ~mandatory to capture whole provinces (although there obviously are benefits to capturing them fully) and skill trees actually are trees now rather than something convoluted, and offer benefits that don't lead to some completely absurd stacking of buffs. Plus, it has neat new features like a new food system and hordes.
>>
Did Atilla not do that? Not sure what the /v/ consensus is, but it was pretty much a straight 10/10 for me, and I've played everything since Rome.
>>
>redeem

What?

Yeah Rome 2 sucked at launch and Atilla was ok, but Shogun 2 is the best in the series

I am hype tho, family
>>
>Abandoned real life history in favor of shitty tabletop fluff that has been recently fucked over due to petty greed
>Warscape Engine

Creative Assembly is officially dead to me
>>
>>322406283
Well, allagedly Warhammer is being done by a different team so it's not in the way of historical games
>>
is attila worth picking up? I've never played a total war game before. and samurai don't really appeal to me
>>
>>322406283

I do not understand people, most fans wanted the story to go somewhere and when it does everyone bitch about it.

Make up your mind.
>>
>>322404101
>Total War: Warhammer
>not Total Warhammer
Seems like a missed opportunity.
>>
redeem? really the ONLY problem is the merciless dlc kikery the creative assembly practices these days and from what we've seen so far the warhammer game is primed to continue with the jew jitsu.
>>
>>322406638
Sure, besides Shogun 2 (and its Fall of the Samurai stand-alone expansion, taking place in mid-late 1800s), I'd argue it's the best one. Medieval 2 still has a wealth of excellent total conversion mods but mechanically it's worse in most regards.

Then again, the differences between the games aren't completely enormous so you most probably like the one the time period of which you'll like the best.
>>
>>322406785
No one wanted it to become 40K: We Fantasy Now. Don't open your faggot mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: f11.png (465 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
f11.png
465 KB, 680x459
>>322406975
This.
>>
>>322406975
Licensing issue prevented it.
>>
>>322407276
>>322406283
damn this nigga got sand in his cunt. foaming at the mouth bruh, so butthurt
>>
Just played Vermintide yesterday. Yes, I'm hyped AF.
>>
I wish WAR wasn't a colossal failure.
>>
>>322407294
STOP
THIS
FUCKING EPIC
DRAKEPOSTING MEME
>>
I've heard that the Total War series peaked at gameplay with Rome. Is this true?
>>
>>322407902
only for subhuman third worlders who can't afford a pc to play the other games
>>
>Warscape engine
Gonna be shit. TW without modding is useless.
>>
>>322407902

Kind of. The siege battles in Medieval 2 were epic, but Rome has probably the best AI in the series, perhaps except Atilla and FotS.
>>
Races cannot conquer each other for world dominance, only one "nemesis" enemy

All legendary lords have the same starting position, which means no same race co-op

Creative Assembly keeps fucking up
>>
>>322408235
what's bad about warscape engine?
>>
>>322404101
>line of cavalry do huge charge into infantry
>stop dead as soon as they reach the enemy line

>giant units spend all their time doing OMG SO EPIC animations where they kill one enemy soldier in a special way instead of just crushing everything in sight

dropped just for this shit
>>
File: 1358433490036.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1358433490036.png
79 KB, 250x238
>>322408426
Doing world dominance isnt "lore-friendly", but legendary lords starting at the same spase is totally ok for them.
>>
>>322408568

you got from the alpha trailer right?
>>
>>322408446
Doesn't allow meaningful modding. Means BUY DLC NOW YOU PIG OR GO HOME
>>
>>322408839
>its just an alpha

people dont even know how an alpha looks anymore. Its in no way as refined as the trailers
>>
>>322408568
>The guy literally admits it's not done yet and the charge won't do that in the end.

>shitpost anyway

Here's your (You), anon :3 You earned it! :3
>>
>>322404101
no, its going to be way more casual but since its war hammer its will be ok
>>
>>322408426
What? The campaign trailer for Orcs literally says "Do you wanna kill the Dwarfs, Humans or Chaos?" It never mentions the Undead, but that's totally opposite of what you said.
>>
>>322409225

pre-alpha, sorry.
>>
>>322404101
I just don't have any faith any more. If anything, Attila proved that CA are too damn schizophrenic within their own studio to trust anything they put out any more. For me, a Total War game used to be an instant buy, but now I don't know what the fuck is going on. Rome 2 makes sweeping changes that are terrible, Attila fixes as much as it can, then Warhammer looks like it's going to be the same old mistakes all over again. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>322406386
It isn't alleged.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/news/121206/sega-and-creative-assembly-announce-partnership-games-workshop-create-warhammer-game

>A new high-calibre development team has been set up at Creative Assembly’s UK studio to work alongside the existing Total War, Alien™ IP and Mobile teams on the first Warhammer title in the deal, scheduled to launch from beyond 2013.

>>322406283
Stop shitposting.

http://www.pcgamer.com/historic-total-war-still-the-core-of-what-we-do-says-ca/

>>322406785
>>322407636
>>322407276
>>
>>322406785
fuck off retard, the only people who wanted the story to progress and like the new change never actually played fantasy or painted any miniatures

they just sit in fucking /tg/ all day talking about the lore
>>
File: ME2 was good they said 2.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ME2 was good they said 2.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>322409658
>Warhammer looks like it's going to be the same old mistakes all over again.

What mistakes, pray tell?
>>
>>322409365
watch?v=4sBH9WC9uP0 from 40:20
devs confirming not being able to conquer the whole map
>>
So what's happened to the Warhammer lore that's gotten people all riled up? And what does it have to do with this game?
>>
>>322409660
>never actually played fantasy

Nobody played fantasy anyway. That shit was outsold by Paints and Tools according to Chapter House lawsuit. WHFB wasn't selling and was legally indefensible. In the end, they ended it, blame Tom Kirby.

People who moan about AoS never played Fantasy anyway, I mean, if it was so popular, they'd be playing it, instead of moaning online like the gronards they are. I watched WHFB die over 10 years in my bunker and FLGS. Those who played it were the same 5 fuckers and 8th edition just made me cry with "Fuck it, make Elves so OP that nobody wants to play them".
>>
>>322408426
>All legendary lords have the same starting position, which means no same race co-op
No shit moron there are only 5 playable factions at launch and no playable sub faction since those will be DLC later once they make actuak units for those factions.
>>
>>322408318

>Rome
>Good AI

Take off those nostalgia goggles jesus christ
>>
>>322407902
Well, it certainly had its strengths in combat like impactful cavalry, unit variety, the combat had good pacing etc. Campaign-wise, I think it deserves credit for generals gaining traits and retinue based on their experiences (the system newer games haven't implemented nearly to the same extent), and building your cities unconstrained by tech tree had its charm.

Medieval 2 was less solid overall (for example, combat is kinda broken in some regards, with pikes not really working, cavalry charges lacking any weight even though that's the period where cavalry was a a really big thing etc) and Empire and Rome 2 have really big drawbacks (for example, the AI is just awful in Empire and renders its strengths moot, and while it has large scope, detail is minuscule like France being just one province, while Rome 2 has some mind-boggling design decisions), Napoleon is polished Empire with far more limited scope.

It's Shogun 2 (and Fall of the Samurai expansion) and Attila that are the real contestants. Shogun 2 is really polished (really nice UI, really nice visuals, a lot of attention to detail like unit cards with historical Japanese art style and makes all new features from previous games, technology research and such like, work), combat is great (pace is good, cavalry and such like feel good again since the original Rome). FotS is all that and besides some neat new features like naval bombardments, it fixes Shogun 2's main problem in unit variety (besides traditional Japanese troops, you also have Ironclads and Gattling Guns and rifles and what have you).

Attila is less polished than S2 but it also brings the series further in a number of ways, like much larger map (3 times as much provinces as in original Rome) while not being bad like R2.

The original Rome is up there but I think Shogun 2 and Attila have overtaken it. I certainly don't feel like playing the original Rome anymore.
>>
>>322409978
There is no relationship between new warhammer age of sigmar fantasy and tw warhammer.
>>
>>322409773
I may be a bit jaded, but the first thing that came to mind was when they did the campaign map trailer and they showed off the buildings tree- and we've gone back to the plain, ugly-ass icons of Rome 2. Attila had beautiful art for every building, and that game is essentially a 'B' game in the franchise. Why is the top flight game not getting that same polish? Similarly, there's a few other odd choices- why not have Lords have different start positions? Total War is one of those 'water cooler' games where you want the players to have different experiences so they can share their unique experience, but CA seems to want to funnel people more and more into specific scenarios and I'm sure that the multiple start locations occurred to them, but they decided not to.
This is more of a theory, but with Attila CA were constantly livestreaming, showing off factions, battles, early starts, etc. They seemed really proud of the game and wanted to show off the new mechanics. But with Warhammer, the news has been very slow, and most of the marketing has been guff, just like it was with Rome 2. It's really concerning because we're not that far away from launch and we've not seen anything from the Undead whatsoever- why is that? I'm not saying they should be blowing the budget on huge cinematics and promotional twattery, but we should be seeing a lot more of the game than we have, even if it was just random skirmishes between factions on a random battle map. The trickle of info is just really concerning, as if they've got nothing to show.
>>
File: 1444145606623.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1444145606623.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>322409831
into the trash it goes
>>
>>322409831
Okay, can you explain why that's a bad thing?

>>322409978
Nothing. It's shitposters. WHFB wasn't selling and GW was losing hand over fist on it, nobody was buying it and no new blood was coming in. They then got into a legal argument with a company that went to court and got BTFO and were basically told "You can't legally protect terms like Space Marine, Imperial Guard, Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs etc" and so since WHFB wasn't selling, they made Chaos win and literally destroyed the planet. The 'good guys' at the end survived due to being Gods and a new setting was formed. Everybody bar Chaos and Skaven got new names so they could be legally protected and the few WHFB players who were around obviously got pissed off at that.

That's it. They now spend their time shitposting and claiming that WHFB was outselling paints, tools, novels and 40k combined and GW are evil company for not wanting to keep a product losing them money. In short, they couldn't give a toss about the businesses which were struggling to shift the stuff and just cared about themselves being catered for.

This got compounded by the introduction of the Stormcast, who they viewed as Space Marines, when in fact they're more akin to Paladins or Chaos Warriors (but for the 'good' guy).

So they spend their times moaning and complaining like gronards do (I advise you to look up that term).

It has nothing to do with this game.
>>
>>322410794
>Total War is one of those 'water cooler' games where you want the players to have different experiences so they can share their unique experience, but CA seems to want to funnel people more and more into specific scenarios and I'm sure that the multiple start locations occurred to them, but they decided not to.
tell me more about how you can pick any faction in any tw game and choose the location they spawn
>>
File: ME2 was good they said 3.webm (3 MB, 720x468) Image search: [Google]
ME2 was good they said 3.webm
3 MB, 720x468
>>322408318
TOTALLY EPIC BRO :D AI SURE IS BETTER THAN ROME 2 :D
>>
>>322410161
i never said it was selling like hotcakes, all they had to do was make t website buy only

there was NO reason to make it 40k fantasy edition at all
>>
>>322408318
>but Rome has probably the best AI in the series
What? Greeks were literally incapable of performing sieges in that game. Phalanx units would just stop and hold their ladders next to the wall while getting shot by arrows if the unit on the top of them was tougher then they were.
>>
>>322410794
News has been slow...? They release new videos like every couple of weeks. Hardly slow.

We're over 4 months away from launch. Companies spend 2-3 months "polishing".

They've shown battles and campaign map, how is that "no news"?
>>
>>322404101
Why didn't they call it Total War:hammer?
>>
>>322410367
>No shit moron there are only 5 playable factions at launch

Four unless you buy the Chaos DLC.
>>
File: 3a9.png (447 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
3a9.png
447 KB, 720x528
>>322410885
>limiting what you can and cannot do/conquer
>not a bad thing
its like I totally want to conquer one race, one little portion of the map again and again!
>>
>>322410885
>can you explain why not being able to take over the whole world as orc or empire or whatever is a bad thing
>>
I like how they are making generals/lords more important with the skill trees actually doing shit like unlocking quests or unique abilities like magic.

I also like the clarity of building tech/trees, there used to be so much searching in the encyclopedia for what does what and leads to this that finally gives you that unit
>>
>>322411261
Thanks captain obvious

You gonna tell me water is wet next?
>>
>>322411138
How is it 40k fantasy edition? You mean Stormcast? I advise you to look up what Paladins mean.

I wish people would stop using this meme term.
>>
>>322410978
Let's take Attila. You've got major choices as every faction to make. As the Franks, you could expand east and conquer the Germanic territories, follow your historical objectives, or just go Horde and go East. The devs in Warhammer seem pretty hell-bent on going "you are x, do y" rather than going "hey, as the Dwarfs, you could decide to follow your lore-based objectives or go, fuck it, let's chalk off some grudges with the Empire".
Empire encouraged you to fight in multiple theatres, make different decisions every time, change governments.
I'm just saying that they seem to be narrowing our options. Do you think that the options seem to have expanded with Total Warhammer, or that they've narrowed compared to past titles? >>322411194
By new videos I mean genuine content, not cinematic stuff. The cinematic map was a nice update, but it's not really free-form gameplay. Similarly, a lot of the battles are set pieces or specific scenarios and are specifically designed to be played and shown off in a specific way.
>>
>>322411409
Just ignore them anon

The people who bitch about new fantasy dont even play the tabletop, who gives a fuck what they think?
>>
I'm gonna end up buying it because I love the stting and Total War but I'm still disappointed we will have to buy DLC's to get the rest of the interesting races, aren't they only releasing 4 at launch? Really really shitty.
>>
>>322409249
>The guy literally admits it's not done yet and the charge won't do that in the end.

and you think that means anything? ho ho hooooooo

be sure to preorder and buy all the day 1 dlc, schmuck
>>
>>322410885

That sounds like a pretty shitty move to make though, I'll have to check out what they did exactly.
Also, gronard is not a word, I'm assuming you mean "grognard"? I don't have to "look up" that term, but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>322408318
>siege battles in Medieval 2 were epic

????????
>>
>>322411421
Gee wiz anon its almost like this is a warhammer game or something!

Seriously, you are bitching about nothing relevant. If you want a map painting simulator go to any other tw game. This is warhammer.
>>
>>322411286
But it's fluffy. Empire wouldn't be able to conquer Northern Wastes regardless of how strong they are. They'd all turn to Chaos.

But, if you like painting in the map, I advise you play Empire or maybe a Grand Strat. Sorry this game isn't for you.

>>322411321
Yes? I want you to explain why they should throw fluff at the window and ignore shit like the Realm of Chaos and it's mutating ways and how the regular humans of the Empire could conquer and hold it. Same with VC, Brets, Orks and so on.
>>
>>322408318
>Rome has probably the best AI in the series,
It certainly didn't. It was mostly functional, nothing like what you see in Empire and to an extent Medieval 2, but compared to Shogun 2 (after FotS patch) and Attila, it's pretty much straight-out worse. Sure, those two games have their share of retarded behaviours but Rome definitely had as well, and in typical scenarios Shogun 2/Attila AI are reasonably capable of putting up a fight (although you're still expected to win every battle that's even close to being evenly matched).
>>
>>322411515
4 in main game, chaos warriors if you pre-order™ now™™, 3 or 4 new in each standalone expansion coming

and loooaaaads of dlc-factions. like, a shit ton of them. for only 10,99$ per raceâ„¢/subfactionâ„¢!
>>
>>322411623
When did I say I wanted to paint the map? I just said that I wanted options of where to go and what to conquer. Do you think that Warhammer looks like it's going to give the player a lot of choices about how to play, or it's going to narrow them?
>>
>>322404101

>can only conquer in certain directions as each faction
>Dwarves can only take mountain settlements

Can't wait to play one campaign as a faction and never pick them again
>>
>>322411515
The cost to make TW warhammer and include all the races was going to be double the value of the entirety of CA

They have to charge for factions or those factions will never exist in the first place
>>
>>322410885
Age of sigmar is still pretty shitty IMO. RIP empire state troopers.
>>
>>322411760
See >>322411623

You obviously missed the point
>>
>>322411327
yeah but your god tier general will never die and you cant watch his retard children fail to achieve his greatness over 80 years

>>322411321
i guess it wouldn't make any sense. For me i never cared to fill the entire map red anyway. it would get boring after i trumped the realm divided mechanic since i was to powerful
>>
>>322411681
but what if I want to conquer the dwarves, or smack the silly waaaagh-boys? I shouldnt be narrowed into one playstyle, like >>322411421 said. and especially at 70 fucking dollars.

And how will it even work with the expansions? "hey, here are more parts of the maps expanded, too bad you can only conquer one race then you've won :^)"
>>
How the fuck are you faggots excited for Total DLC: Warhammer? Is this a shill thread? Are you marketeers just doing it for a 2cents a post?
>>
File: Frog.gif (2 MB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
Frog.gif
2 MB, 250x201
>>322411365
Well yeah, you said it wrong. There are four factions at launch UNLESS you buy the DLC. I don't know why your being butt hurt about the specification, it proves your point further.
>>
>>322411681

Are you fucking retarded?

You do realize its a video game right?

The byzantine empire would of never conquered england but you can still do it in medieval total war you fucking retard.

How the fuck do you think a fantasy realm has more restricting factors then real life?
>>
>>322411571
Okay, it's cool anon, you don't have to like the game, buy it or even pirate it. However, I'm not going to ignore this. I've been waiting for this since 2001. The last WHFB RTS game was Mark of Chaos, which only good point was it's intro/trailer, which was GOAT. Before that, the last good WHFB RTS was Dark Omen and before that Shadow of the Horned Rat. I know you may not have been playing video games back then, or even have been alive, but some of us have been waiting for this since Shogun came out. So, while I appreciate your concern, I am going to have to ignore your comments.

But, fun additional question, can you name me one AAA game without a single bug.

>>322411579
Yeah, sorry, was typing quickly, missed the g. Was just saying in case you weren't into the terminology. As for a shitty move, care to explain how? The game wasn't selling. The alternative was to end it and stop support entirely. Instead, they made it legally defensible and continue to provide support. The old game isn't gone, you can still play it, you can still buy the rulebook, so if you can find anybody to play it, or have a group, you can still play it. It's just they had to stop losing money, and GW is a business, not a charity.
>>
>>322412067
>not reading the thread
>not seeing most are complaining
>>
>there were people so stupid and ignorant about warhammer they thought you would be able to conquer the entire map in TW:W
My fucking sides
>>
>>322411909
I think you'll need to actually make a point, then. I don't want to paint the map. I specifically said that, and you've ignored it. If you want to bury your head in the sand about this game, be my guest, but don't cry about it on launch day.
>>
>>322412103
>b-but muh lore
>>
>>322412165
>reading the thread
I'm not reading all that bullshit.
>>
>>322412250
>keeps missing the point
>y-you dont have one!
You dont understand my post, nothing to be ashamed of anon.

You're just too stupid to understand why this game is how it is.
>>
>>322412246

>people are so ignorant about real history they think poland can conquer the entire middle east

Oh wait you can still do that in the games?

hmm well that fucking ruins your point doesn't it.
>>
>>322412153
Agreed on the Mark of Chaos trailer being GOAT. Still gives me shivers every time. And then I remember the quality of the game. Jesus, it was bad.
>>
>>322407276
>No one wanted it to become 40K: We Fantasy Now
I did :^)
>>
>>322412017
But it didn't say you could conquer one race. Warhammer never had an end game. Chaos won, it didn't matter what happened, Chaos won. You can be as strong as you want and it won't change shit. WHFB is essentially "Delaying The Inevitable". I assume you're a fan of WHFB, if you were, you'd know this. This has been a staple of the game for decades. Chaos always wins. You're not doing anything but delaying it. Letting you take over the entire map would go against the fluff. Also, remember, Raze is an option now, so the chances are, if you march into an enemy city/town in a 'bad area', you just raze it. You just don't take hold of it.

>>322412103
Because history isn't an IP controlled by an autistic company?
>>
>>322412103
i agree with this, you should just be able to pick a "don't follow lore option" and just play it out as "total war: fantasy"

it doesn't make sense to limit you so much when it could so easily be made to work
>>
>>322404101
>So is this going to be the game that redeems Total War?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FUCK OFF KIKE!

REMINDER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1Y2pFP2ls
>>
>>322404101
>made just to spite the poor sales of Attila
>games workshop being within 300 ft
no
>>
>>322412103
>How the fuck do you think a fantasy realm has more restricting factors then real life?
Because Games Workshop

You idiots do realize CA had to sign a license to get make this game right? And that in that license GWS would have specified the lore they had to follow, right?

GWS do this with EVERY single game they license out, how fucking stupid are you people to think CA has any control over this. If they just released the game where you could take the entire map over GWS would sue them so hard CA would go bankrupt.

Jesus Christ the people who made Space Marine had to beg GWS to let them make a special type of grenade launcher because it didnt exist in the lore and they nearly got denied, and that was just for 1 fucking gun.
>>
So I'm actually sort of confused at how your not able to conquer the map. How are they going to stop the players from doing it? If I'm lord of the a united Empire and I kept sending massive armies into chaos wastes, how will they prevent me from conquering it? Like even if they make it that the game cheats and auto rebels or drops a doom stack on me I don't see how that prevents me from holding it all at some point.
>>
>>322412603

Then why even make the game.

I love playing total war to expand in one direction and have 0 re-playability once I finish playing a certain faction.
>>
>>322412697
This game isnt for you, its for warhammer fans.
>>
>>322412603
Would GW really care that much about what a video game for a past version of their Fantasy IP presented that they'd go full autist and stop them from making the game they wanted?
We all know the answer.
>>
ive played almost all the Total War games but i havent played any in a while
is it worth picking up Attila and AoC?
>>
>>322412409
Indeed.

Let's watch it again.

>TO ME, SONS OF SIGMAR! FOR THE EMPIRE!
>>
>>322412692
i guess the city gets destroyed forever
>>
>>322412547
>those dislikes
at least the plebs arent fully brainwashed yet

i really really hope this game bombs hard
>>
>>322412807

I don't really like Attila Grand Campaign except WRE playthrough but I found AoC to be very enjoyable.

I wish they'd flesh it out more and release it as a standalone expansion similar to FotS.
>>
>>322412771

>its for warhammer fans

So its for games workshop?
>>
>>322412773
>Would GW really care that much about what a video game for a past version of their Fantasy IP presented that they'd go full autist and stop them from making the game they wanted?
The fact you even have to ask shows you have no idea how GWS works

They threaten to sue people who make youtube videos about any GWS brand all the time, they are absolutely dominating on their licenses and what people can do with it.
>>
>>322412843
>that specific fucking bit EXACTLY is my favourite

Anon, you are my fucking nigga.
>>
File: gw don't care apparently.png (331 KB, 1384x848) Image search: [Google]
gw don't care apparently.png
331 KB, 1384x848
>>322412382
No it doesn't. History isn't an IP protected setting, controlled by a company notorious for things going against canon.

So, that fucking DESTROYS your ''''''''''''''point''''''''''''' doesn't it? :3

Otherwise, GW wouldn't have sent a C&D to this girl.
>>
>>322410639
Age of Charlemagne is a pretty great expansion for Attila too. It reminds me a lot of Shogun 2, with the art style particular to the region and time, and the mostly unified building trees.
>>
>>322412771
I want to lead a Greenskin WAAAAGH to conquer the known world. How is that not a fanbased, lore driven ambition for the Ork faction to take?
>>
>>322411623
This is Warhammer, dwarves are expected by their gods to strike names out of the book of grudges.
The Empire is a corrupt mess with it's lords and ladies looking for every opportunity to expand and exploit.
The Orcs are basically barbarians cranked up to 21. Their very being is designed to fight all the time.
The Vampires loathe all living things and want nothing more than everything to decay and die.
Chaos just about hates, wants, devours or seduces everything on the planet. They do not discriminate.
>>
>>322412980
I forgot the link too ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5enBMSH5ghc

The bit where he's praying at the end is also chill worthy. Also the bit where he sees the WoC coming out of the fog.
>>
>>322412975
I was being sarcastic, anon. Hence the 'we all know the answer' bit.
>>
>>322412971
No, its for the hundreds of thousands of warhammer fans who love the setting and lore and buy any warhammer game that gets released

This is also the dream game for most warhammer fans in being to actually able to lead warhammer armies against each other

>>322413085
Yeah no, your not a real fan because a real fan would realize such a thing isnt possible.
>>
>>322412067
Total DLC has been a thing since Shogun 2
BLOOD AND GORE BACK ONLY 5 DOLLARS
PRE-ORDER FOR FACTION
>>
>>322412893
Okay, so I destroy all the enemy cities. There is literally nothing left to conquer, I own or have destroyed it all. Isn't that pretty much the same?
>>
>>322413085
>Ork

40kid go home.
>>
>>322412997

No it doesn't.

The point of this thread is to say that Warhmmer will save total war.

It obviously won't because GW are fucking autistic
>>
Day 1 Pirate that is for sure. Not buying shit till everything is released later down the line.
>>
>>322413114
>When the warrior priest gets clobbered around the back of the head
>He sees all his companions falling
>All hope is lost

;_;
>>
File: esteban.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
esteban.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
Hopeful but CA ain't really given anyone reason to have much faith in them recently.

I hope they get to work on Empire 2 Total war afterwards....boy oh boy I really get a hardon for line battles and the sound of those 24lbers.

If not, Westeros Total war would be nice, the mods for Medieval 2 were pretty neat.
>>
>>322412067
>>322413212
Actually, you're wrong anon.

It's been a thing since Empire.

In Empire, you could preorder to get Elite Units, like HMS Victory, those Rangers etc.

In Napoleon, you preordered to get units like Grand Battery and HMS Elephant.

In Shogun 2, you preordered for the Otomo Clan Pack.

In Rome 2 you preordered for Sparta faction.

In Attila you preordered for the Viking factions.
>>
>>322412893
>>322412692
>>322413221
We literally have no idea, all we have is 1 designer who said some ambiguous shit about not being able to take over the entire map

For all we know that means the chaos wastes which makes total sense since no faction but chaos can survive there.
>>
>>322413114
Also, the fact that the WoC are so eerily calm just adds so much to it.
>>
>game has total war in the title
>you can't have total war because of autistic restrictions

So if 2 armies that can't conquer each other fight what happens?
>>
>>322413162
>Yeah no, your not a real fan because a real fan would realize such a thing isn't possible.

Why not? If a Warboss is strong enough what prevents him from taking over this one region? It had already almost happened in the setting before Sigmar showed up for the first time
>>
>>322413506
Just ignore him, anon. He's been baiting this entire thread with the >muh true fan argument and it's just not worth it.
>>
>>322413506
Why dont you go read up on the lore instead of expecting to be spoonfed?

Its pretty good, you might even enjoy the warhammer setting.
>>
>>322413212
>>322413402

It reached a ridiculous level with Rome. No one denied that TW always had DLC, but not to this extent.
>>
Did they fix guns or do they still arc like in that video
>>
>>322413246
Total War doesn't need saving. SEGA needs to stop being Jews.

>>322413286
You do know they're doing 3 games that combine into a massive game right? Like if you get this one, then miss the next one, but get the 3rd one, it combines. If you get 3, it's one big game.

Is that what you mean?

>>322413390
They're already working on the next Historic total war. they have two teams working on games.

It's assumed to be Medieval 3.
>>
>>322413402
>its been a thing since
Stop reading right there nigger. I never pre-order any of those games. What is your point faggot?
>>
>>322412692
maybe there are no towns in the chaos wastes. they already said each faction is supposed to be a lot different, like how orcs dont build farms and shit to make money they instead need to be put in a raid stance

maybe the chaos factions gets money/research/armies in an unconventional way
>>
>>322413649
>You do know they're doing 3 games that combine into a massive game right? Like if you get this one, then miss the next one, but get the 3rd one, it combines. If you get 3, it's one big game.
>Is that what you mean?
Yes, I'm not buying shit till it is all released and the bullshit pre-ordering and DLC. Yes, I will not support those scumbaggery kikes.
>>
>>322413628
What did Rome 2 do differently? You mean the campaigns? Well, one was free, the Sparta one was Jew Level. The other ones were cool.

>>322413506
In fighting prevents it. No Orc Warboss came close to taking over the entire region because before Empire was a thing, Elves were on the Old World, Gilles le Breton started Bretonnia and Dwarfs were at their height. The most successful Warboss was Gorbad and he got beaten before Karl Franz was crowned.

>>322413646
That isn't guns. That's crossbow bolts. Watch it again.
>>
>all this bitching about settlements and map painting
Why dont you just play CK2 and download the warhammer mod for it?

I thought we were all excited for TW for its combat, not its horrid campaign maps. Every single TW game has had a shit campaign map.
>>
File: 1420356552548.jpg (445 KB, 1010x890) Image search: [Google]
1420356552548.jpg
445 KB, 1010x890
>>322413490
TOTAL WAR

ON

RAILS
>>
>>322412067
>literally one dlc announced

who cares? pirate it anyways
>>
>>322413892
Blame SEGA, I'm afraid. They ruined CA with their Jew ways. I hate SEGA ever since they pulled WCCF arcade games from UK.

>>322413715
That Warhammer isn't the first game to do preorder DLC and thus why the FUCK are you complaining now as if this is some sort of big fucking surprise. It's fucking SEGA you retard, they're Jews, they'll milk you for all they can.
>>
>>322413490
All factions can fight each other, even 'lore' allies like humans and dwarfs

What you CANT do is conquer the entire map by ownership.

i.e. Empire cannot go take cities in the northern wastes

Honestly it isnt that big of a deal, you can still 'win' by obliterating all the enemies major hero units and killing their armies/burning their cities down. You just cant own all the settlements.
>>
>>322413490
You misunderstand. You can fight, but you can't conquer their cities if they're in an area considered too dangerous/corrupted.

You just raze them instead, so instead of capturing it and painting the map your colour, you burn it down and make it nobodies. You then keep on killing the armies, burning down their cities until none is left.

It's shitposters looking for holes to poke.
>>
File: 1438266569891.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1438266569891.webm
3 MB, 852x480
It's gonna be great, can't wait.
>>
>>322414010
>ck2 warhammer
Tried it once, holy shit what a clusterfuck mod
>>
>>322414164
Actually its multiple DLCs for all the minor subfactions and 2 expansion packs for the major factions.

So we can expect to see mini DLC for factions like Bretonnia and then expansions for the bigger factions like Lizards/Elves/ect
>>
>>322411681
You can respect lore but not limit it to just one race.

Orcs should be able to attack everyone, including themselves.

Empire should only be able to attack Vampires, Orcs, and Chaos.

Same for Dwarves.

Vampires should be able to attack everyone but themselves, same as the Orcs.
>>
>>322414438
>you can field an army of 20 heroes
This is going to be fun
>>
>>322414474
Warhammer fans are delusional and will still buy this
>>
>>322414438
>pre-alpha
Yeah, sure thing CA. Thats how refined a pre alpha looks.
>>
>>322413997
>What did Rome 2 do differently? You mean the campaigns? Well, one was free, the Sparta one was Jew Level. The other ones were cool.

DLC factions, unlockable by .txt modding. That and the timing of the DLC made it seem like pieces were cut out, versus pieces were added subsequent to release.
>>
File: 1381888056490.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1381888056490.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>322414193
>It's fucking SEGA you retard
Like I give a fuck who made the call. You think I'm going to give buy it simply because SEGA is to blame, and excuse GW for saying "OKAY!"? The same fucking kikes that keep increasing army set prices every fucking year? Are you a fucking child on a play ground defending your favorite Super Hero?

Fuck right off nigger.
>>
>>322414605
But all this DLC is totally justified

The only DLC that isnt is the Chaos DLC
>>
>>322413405
They already said that Chaos will play like the Huns in how each army is actually a city
>>
>>322414405

>can't conquer cities if they're in an area considered too dangerous/corrupted.

The vampire faction and spread its corruption so couldn't a human faction be able to remove it?
>>
>>322414865
Because this game is going to be shit
>>
>>322413302
Then the awesome arrow shots. Then the Elf legs it when Blood Thirster comes down, but he gets up and is like "FUCK YOOOOOOOOU!".

He does #rekt them with his Hammer.
>>
>>322414665
pre-alpha says nothing about graphics, it simply means not all features are finalized
>>
>>322413114
The expansion, Battlemarch had damn good intro too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVl9-ZWfIMM
>>
I just want my HE prince on a Star Dragon, some Dragon Princes of Caledor and a Loremaster fucking shit up but I guess that'll have to wait for a year after release.
>>
>>322414865
Listen to what he said. Empire can conquer, control, Bretonnia and Vampire Counts lands (Sylvannia) but cannot take specific areas. We don't know what limit they have, but all we know is that you can't paint the map your colour, you just destroy shit you can't hold.
>>
>>322415085
Aye. It's strange how the GW games in that period had great trailers/intro.

Dawn of War 1 is regarded as one of the best trailers in history. Dawn of War 2 is great as well. Space Marines was pretty cool too.

Deathwings were good as well, the mariachi type music was a good choice, despite people not getting why it was used. Shame the game looks like it's been cancelled or halted.
>>
>>322414716
>But all this DLC is totally justified
said no one ever apart from paid shills
fuck yourself
>>
>>322414547
They should all be able to attack everyone. The diplomacy in the Warhammer world is strenuous at best.
>>
>>322411797
Why would you ever play multiple campaigns as the same faction?
>>
>>322414716
>paying 70 dollars + 70 more is justifiable
If you're a company CEO that sees only numbers, sure.
>>
Am I the only one who genuinely enjoys Empire Total War? I always see people say its bad but I find it to be fun
>>
>>322415363
>paid shills

Or, shitposters who do it for (You)s you fucking retard? Do you know where we are you cockgobbling cunt bucket?
>>
>>322412553
>the poor sales of Attila
CA stated at their modders summit that Attila well outsold expectations, which is why it has been receiving so much post launch support.
>>
>on release
>buggy
>lack of content

No thanks, I'll wait 12 months. You know factions, sub-factions and blood DLC will all be readily available a few weeks/months after launch...

Aren't they pulling a FF7? In terms of release? I heard it'll be a trilogy of sorts, with each new "game" adding more content (they could have just added expansion packs honestly)
>>
>>322414474
any source for this? I honestly spent like 10 minutes searching and only found info about the pre-order dlc
>>
>>322415671
I enjoyed it due to the period. Funny story (not really) when I first played it, I built multiple colleges thinking that it combined to a general research rate. I didn't realise you could choose a different tech for each place to research. Ended up painting the map fully with Britain using just 1 college.

Also, max vet Swiss Guard with Fire by Rank is great. Thought I think they auto switched to Rippling Fire when you researched it, which was a shame.
>>
>>322415447
They can attack everyone, the only thing is that some factions can't SETTLE towns from certain factions (this isn't even confirmed btw, they were being vague as usual when it was brought up). Which likely means that if that is indeed the case Empire will be able to raze/sack/loot etc etc orc settlements, but they won't be able to resettle them. That also might mean that after you raze a settlement you can build one of your own culture(race) afterwards like in attila. Again though they were being vague and its mainly speculation at this point.

>>322415759
not that anon but there's no official statement from CA that explicitly states they'll offer the other factions as minor DLCs / FLCs. It is however very likely that will be the case since its how they've released content in the previous games.

The only thing that's confirmed is that they're releasing two full standalone expansions which will add to the main campaign map if you already have the base game.
>>
>>322407701
You realize Skaven will be a DLC balls deep after release? The closest you might get are some missions leading you to fight a generic army of skaven if that. Until the DLC of course.
>>
>>322415757
They are expansions but also standalone.

If you don't buy this one, but get the next one, you can play it on it's own and don't need the first one. If you own first one as well, it combines into a bigger game. If you hen buy the third, it combines again. Or you can just get the third and play it on it's own.

So it's essentially expansions if you own one game and standlone if you don't.

>>322415759
They mentioned Free DLC in one of their videos. Bretonnia was also spotted on the Orc Campaign video.
>>
>>322416081
Skaven won't be DLC. It'll be one of the factions in the other game. Which will be standalone if you just buy it, or an expansion if you have another one.

DLC factions will prob be Estallia and Telia.
>>
>>322415905
I won as Austria without building any kind of navy
Granted Austria doesn't really need a navy to win but you know
>>
>>322414547
They can attack everyone though. They just can't set up cities where it doesn't make sense for them to do so.
>>
>>322411515
>buying

My sides, all of you are so precious.
>>
>>322415701
you just got trolled
>>
>>322416131
And I wonder if they're all $60 releases...
>>
Cant wait for the hype to implode on itself.
>>
File: purge everything.jpg (9 KB, 254x280) Image search: [Google]
purge everything.jpg
9 KB, 254x280
I just want my good Medieval 3: Total War

or a complete medieval/crusades mod for Attila

M2:TW is so fucking good but I want a version that justifies my beefy rig
>>
>>322417781
I doubt it, Attila is a standalone "expansion" to R2 and it cost 30-40 on release if I remember correctly.
>>
>>322416242
Estalia and Tilea don't even have fucking rulebooks, they probably won't even be added as playable factions desu.

The expansions are meant to actually expand the map, the other factions in the featured part of the Old World like Wood Elves and Skaven will probably just be post-launch DLC.
>>
>>322420190
Not that it really matters which factions are added as "playable" when mods will unlock them all anyways.
>>
God damn, all this TW talk made me buy Attila on sale, downloading now. It looks pretty fucking choice, I love Medieval 2 but fuck it
>>
>>322421578
Attila is the hardest game in the series, I suggest playing one of the small factions first
>>
>>322421578
Fuck the nigga below you, Make Rome Great Again
>>
>>322415016
Not really. Alpha means code complete usually with placeholder models for shit, beta means content complete that's in need of balancing. If that was actually a pre-alpha we should just be seeing a bunch of differently colored squares running at each other because there is no way you'd put that much work into modeling a pre-alpha build when the basic code is still unstable.
>>
I hope you guys are ready to pay 199,99+tip for the full experience :^)
>>
>>322423079
Nice meme friend, shame its been that way since video games first became a thing. Expansions cost money, they've never been free.
>>
>tfw a warhammer mod for CK2 will be more fun to play then this
Feels bad man.
>>
>>322423318
>DLCs are expansion
Yeah I fucking wish. In the case of CA, they sell you cut content with a minor mechanic thrown in for outrageous prices.
>it has always been like this
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>322424146
If you need beehive catapults for your "full experience" then I'd reckon you're the retard here. Not only can you mod everything in the DLC in yourself but they've also released several substantial DLCs lately with good content in them. Keep spamming your shitty memes though, it obviously makes you feel good.
>>
>>322411286
>One little portion
Warhammer has one of the biggest maps of any total war, look up the revealed map, even with those limitations, the amount of shit you can conquer is still large as fuck.

Limitations aren't bad if done well, because it gives every factions a different feel and playstyle. Look at the Hephtalites and the Huns in Attila, the fact that they have to stay as a nomad horde and can't settle gives them a completely unique feel and play style.

The restrictions are
Humans (Empire, elector Counts, Bretons, Estalia...) Can conquer other Humans or Vampire lands so long as they get rid of the Vampiric corruption (which physically changes the map and makes undead hordes spawn)

Dwarfs can only take Dwarf settlements, so the settlement of other clans or those occupied by Greenskins. Dwarfs view life underground as the only one suitable for a respectable Dwarf, so their whole gimmick is uniting and retaking dwarven settlements and completing grudges that are pre-set as well as created by the events that happen in the game (ei. a Orc army destroys one of your armies, you now have a mission that offers a significant bonus to completely destroy that Army)
>>
>>322424146
>DLCS are expensions
You're right, they're not, their a small content update for a smaller price. You could just withhold 6 DLCs and then release them as an expac, and it will be no different, except that you had to wait for everything to enjoy new content.
>>
>>322404101
Rome 2 was bad. People still on the CA train are battered housewives.
>>
>>322416242
> Estallia and Telia.
Not core factions, won't be in. They've mention it in dev streams. The other humans in the gave that will most likely be added are Bretonia and Kislev. Also, Skavenblight is in the first games campaign map.
>>
>>322424547
Are you talking about Atilla?
Because the complete game cost as much as a AAA release while 75% off.
>>
>>322425017
And the base game costs almost half as much as normal AAA release. So what's your point? Are you implying other AAA games don't get paid content past release? Because they do. Are you implying you have to buy all the DLCs? Because you don't. You really don't have any argument here.

You're also wrong, all the DLC and the full game would currently cost about €50, which is less than most new AAA games.
>>
>>322424768
Shit m8, their DLCs are up to 20 bucks each.
Back in the day you could buy an expansion for 40 bucks and it would double (or even more) the content.
>>
>>322425369
Neither do you.
But keep on droning, it's your money you waste.
>>
File: 1450750107392.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450750107392.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>322407827
>STOP
>>
>>322425410
Nice revisionism, nostalgiafag. Stop cherrypicking the best expansions to support a narrative that has never been true.
>>
>>322425608
Except I debunked everything you shitposted.
>d-d-drone!!
kek, get the fuck out kid
>>
>>322425410
The most expensive DLC adds both factions and Smaller scope campaigns, or are significant new campaigns like Age of Charlemagne. The cheaper ones are like 10 and add factions.
>>
>>322421847
>>322422147
Cheers bros, I've been playing TW for years so I'm just gonna dive in, but I'm excited since I don't know much about new depth and mechanics. As long as I can spread the kingdom of Christ
>>
File: kjbobol.png (2 MB, 1321x743) Image search: [Google]
kjbobol.png
2 MB, 1321x743
>>322406975
Licensing from both ends. Gamesworkshop is super anal about their IPs and Sega wants it to be Total war: thing, not the other way around. That's why it's Total war: Shogun 2 either though Shogun 2 Total war sounds better.

also I am currently cautiously optimistic about this game. I like the series but Rome 2 was by far the shittiest and most laziest one yet, and I'd only just forgiven them thanks to Shogun 2 after Empire being terrible and charging full price for what is essentially the patch fix ala Napoopan and Attila. I really like warhammer fantasy and it looks like they're doing it justice aesthetically and scale wise but I'm not liking some of the things I'm seeing come out of it. Day one DLC and 2 planned expansions announced back in October 7 months before the game comes out on top of the fact that every race will be paid DLC is kinda shitty. I also noticed a couple of issues in their gameplay videos like Cavalry bugging out mid-charge and the ai just standing around in magic attacks while it kills them not reacting.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's fucking good like Fall of the samurai, but I really have a hard time believing it after Rome 2. I'm definitely not preordering no matter what.
>>
File: Warhamfans_on_Age.png (20 KB, 1349x382) Image search: [Google]
Warhamfans_on_Age.png
20 KB, 1349x382
>>322410885
>Nothing. It's shitposters.
Stockholm syndrome everyone.
>>
>>322406283
This project was started before they fucked it over with Age of Shitmar, it's not going to have anything of that garbage
>>
>>322404101
people pretending atilla is better than rome 2 are just delusional. Both are bad games, but at least Rome 2 has some faction variety: Atilla has 3/4
>>
>>322427471
That picture just about sums up how every Elf player I know views AoS.

At least Return of Reckoning allows WHFB fans to play WAR again.
>>
File: 40,000 keks.png (182 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
40,000 keks.png
182 KB, 358x310
>>322412997
>I've spoken with GW and they don't care.
>>
File: 132732541059.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
132732541059.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
>>322427814
It's got faction variety after the low low price of $34.99
>>
>>322427814
Atilla is the best vanilla game in the series and has way more meaningful faction variety than Rome 2.
>>
>>322428139
yeah, no
>>
File: 1450971879274.jpg (51 KB, 610x673) Image search: [Google]
1450971879274.jpg
51 KB, 610x673
>>322428081
Or a few mods for $0
>>
>>322428305
>It's got faction variety after I mod it
Well no shit, anything else inherently redundant you want to share with the class?
>>
>>322428441
It has faction variety after I pirate it all for the low low price of $0.
>>
>>322428441
Wow you seem mad, did CA cuck you or something? Seriously anon you're looking pretty pathetic now.
>>
>>322428207
But it's true. Maybe if you got off of the post Rome 2 hate bandwagon and actually played the games, you would be able to see that.
>>
>>322404101
The only way it can save Total War is if it reverts back to a more Shogun 2 style approach. Attila is basically a well polished Rome 2 and the problems (like infantry rubberbanding while charging) are just more obvious.

>>322406283
>>Warscape Engine
You know Warscape isn't a game engine?
>>
>>322428691
>cuck
>you're looking pretty pathetic now.
That makes 2 of us.
>>
>>322428931
I already have both.
>>
>>322429001
Not really, it seems a pretty legitimate way for you to be this upset. Considering you have nothing else to come back with either I assume you realized how stupid your argument was. Good riddance.
>>
>>322429186
>nothing else to come back
We were arguing? I wouldn't call you saying cuck and ur pathetic substantial enough to be anything beyond ad hominems. But hey, whatever helps you get that Anonymous street cred, buddy!
>>
Hello friends, Warhammer newfag here.

What's the difference between Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy? I've already seen a bunch of 40k stuff but have only recently found the Fantasy stuff. I haven't delved much into either so I was wondering which one has the better games/books.
>>
>>322429556
>memes again
Hilarious, maybe you should share a few more with the class anon?
>>
>>322429762
>>memes
Are you okay dude? ctrl+f cuck literally lands the first result on your post.
>>
File: 1450053723078.jpg (103 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
1450053723078.jpg
103 KB, 1280x905
Who's the best race and why is it Skaven?
>>
>>322429960
>still tries to sidetrack the original post because he has no argument
Pathetic anon, really pathetic.
>>
How are the 2d Total War games? (S1, M1) I rarely hear anyone talking about them.
>>
File: fots.jpg (349 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
fots.jpg
349 KB, 1440x900
>>322406638
Fall of the samurai is REALLY good m8. It's Meiji Restoration war, so it's far less about Samurai and more about the adoption of American civil war/Prussian 19th century warfare tactics. Gunning down half a samurai army as it charges at you is so satisfying and the ironclad naval combat is actually pretty good.

I don't have any in-battle screenshots on hand but this one should give you an idea about the aesthetics and theme
>>
>>322430121
>retarded cuckposter who can't read
Color me surprised
>>
File: 1419105576858.jpg (80 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
1419105576858.jpg
80 KB, 350x526
>>322430547
>Retarded shitposter who thinks anyone cares about his low quality bait
>>
>>322404101
>Wahh Rome 2 was bad this will be bad

ITS BEING MADE BY A DIFFERENT TEAM ENTIRELY JESUS FUCK ARE PEOPLE RETARDED
>>
As long as I can play as chaos, i'm game.
>>
>>322431540
That doesn't really mean anything. That could be both a good or bad thing. The only evidence we have right now is Rome 2 was atrocious.
>>
>>322432581
D A Y
O N E
D L C
>>
>>322432786
What about every other Total War?
>>
>>322420190
Skaven will probably come into play when they add the new world
>>
>>322426607
bro-tip:

Don't restore the old gods, stay true to the one King of Kings... but hold off on the expensive churches until you can afford it.
>>
>>322433090
F R E E
W I T H
P R E O
R D E R
>>
>>322431540
No you fucking retard, it's going to be bad because
>No formations like loose to mitigate ranged casualties and probably no wedge formation for cav
>No standard bearers
>Can only control 1 army at a time in battle, literally hasn't been a thing seen since medieval 2
>4 factions, the rest copy paste
>preorder for chaos

It's casualized as fuck to attract shit like Warcraft babies. They actually tried to make an excuse saying it was actually harder to have 1 army vs 1 army on the field at a time.

They're literally taking everything out that involves strategy except hammer and anvil. With no formations, there is now about as much interaction as a point and click adventure. Not to disparage people who like point and click, but this WAS a strategy game at least.

>>322433837
>Preordering
No, anyone who does this is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>322433960
>No, anyone who does this is a fucking idiot.
Why? There is literally no reason not to preorder a game you're planning on buying anyways.
>>
>>322433837
>He preorders
Remove yourself, you're damaging the industry.
>>
>>322433960
>Can only control 1 army at a time in battle, literally hasn't been a thing seen since medieval 2
Except they changed that and you can now have 40 units on the map at the same time if you want to.
>4 factions, the rest copy paste
Copy past in warhammer? kek
>No formations like loose to mitigate ranged casualties and probably no wedge formation for cav
Come back when you have more than just speculation to back that up with
>preorder for chaos
So? pre-order a day before release and refund if its not good. What's the problem exactly?
>>
>>322430075
addicted to a corrupting drug that makes them brilliant, live longer, and extra vicious.

fight by being dastardly.

exactly what you expect civilized rats to be

advanced technology fueled by space crack

come in different verities including ninja, posionbros, italian city state schemers, and generic under-scum

Best Race.
>>
>>322407276
>40K: We Fantasy Now
Warhammer Fantasy existed before 40k

you fucking faggot
>>
>>322434452
He's talking about Age of Sigmar you asslicking sodomite.
>>
>>322425819
>debunked
>You're wrong because I say so!
Okay, guess that counts as debunking on /v/.
>>
>>322425670
I don't think I ever bought a bad expansion.
Get wrecked kid.
>>
>>322434157
Remove yourself. Your comma splices are damaging the English language.

>not preordering games you plan on buying anyways
I have yet to hear a reason. Only false moral high ground.
>>
>>322435409
No, you're wrong because all the facts speak against what you said. You made claims to the pricing and I proved you wrong. You made claims to the quality of DLC and I proved you wrong. Want to keep going or are you just gonna continue pretending?
>>
>>322434082
But CA games are shit at launch.
Which is why this scummy practice exists in the first place.
>>
>>322433960
>>4 factions, the rest copy paste
This is completely wrong, but I do agree on the rest. It's going to make ranged far too powerful and Bretonnians possibly shit.
>>
>>322435507
I don't think I have ever heard a bad 80s song because all I listen to is what is played on the radio now. That means there are no bad 80s songs and that music from the 80s is objectively superior to the music of today.

>kid
Stop projecting your insecurity onto me, child.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.