[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STALKER thread. >tfw getting out of the hellhole that is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-01-02_00005.jpg (282 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00005.jpg
282 KB, 1360x768
STALKER thread.

>tfw getting out of the hellhole that is x-16
FUCK those crawler zombie faggots
>>
Which STALKER is the best one? I bought Call of Pripyat, did I fuck up?
>>
>>322404292
Most would say that SoC and CoP are the mandatory ones. I havent played CoP yet, and I'm only on my first playthrough of SoC.
>>
>>322404292
Clear Sky
>>
What STALKER would satisfy my hunger for a good post apocalyptic survival game?
>>
>>322404292
All of them are shit. Get Lost Alpha instead. It does what all the STALKER games wanted to do.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>322404292
SoC and CoP are the best, but you should play em in release order.

>>322405620
All of them.

Read this rookie guide to get the basics.
Release order, no big mods at first - only latest patch / the Starter Packs, Master difficulty always, disable crosshair.

Dont give up in the beginning! You start literally from the bottom of the barrel, with shittiest gear.

>>322406417
While I liked LA myself, it is not quite finished, + it's a literal fan-made game. Starting with SoC is the best way to go.
>>
File: 220px-Unclegillman.jpg (10 KB, 220x193) Image search: [Google]
220px-Unclegillman.jpg
10 KB, 220x193
>>322406887
>tfw doing a run with AA2 and it keeps crashing near the CNPP
>No fix to this
Whatever, the final area is shit anyways.
>>
File: 1347284638244.jpg (15 KB, 553x351) Image search: [Google]
1347284638244.jpg
15 KB, 553x351
Oh boy you're in for a ride. The game only gets harder from this point on, hope you're going for true ending.
>>
>>322405620
none of them are exactly post-apocalyptic in reality, but they all do that feel and experience in general way better than any 3D Fallout game.

>>322404042
is your laptop seriously too weak to play with DX9 dynamic lighting?

>>322407119
AA2 is quite unstable. And a tad overrated, IMO.
>>
>>322406417
>recommending LA over all the other STALKER games
You might as well recommend Complete. Holy shit.

To answer your question OP, both Call of Pripyat and Shadow or Chernobyl are very good and worth your time. They have different strengths and weaknesses, but the overall experience is worthwhile.
>>
>>322404042
I'd say Shadow of Chernobyl is the most intense, however I might be biased since that was my first Stalker game.

CoP felt a little too tame for me. It lacked some of the really crazy survival elements where you are on your own balls deep lost in the zone.
>>
>>322404292
Buy SoC, the first game, and play that first.

There's a 24/7 STALKER general on /vg/, at >>>/vg/stalker , if you people ever need to talk about stuff.

>>322407534
I agree with you, 100%
SoC should be played first for the fact alone that it is the only one kinda constructed to "teach" the player the Zone's wonders. It's a tad more "linear", but not a pipe, and there's many memorable setpieces.

CoP completely lacked the "hobo phase", sending you off with excellent gear right away. Plus the anomalies were limited to their own clusters, and fucking Bandits were neutral towards you??
>>
>>322406417
Just wait for Shoker 3.0 and Gunslinger mods for CoP to come out. Those completely revamp the weapons, making them more modular, 3D scopes, and Gunslinger in particular add a lot of new animations, like when applying medkits, bandage, antirad, buffing chems, etc.
And regarding Lost Alpha, it's good, but I can't stand the vanilla guns anymore.
>>
What do you guys think about arsenal overhaul 3.1 for call of pripyat? I'm using it right now and there is now way I can go back to the vanilla guns.
>>
>so I gave the marked one a pistol and told him to clear out that bandit camp in the cordon
>he actually did it, the absolute madman

>so I told the marked one to infiltrate the military base via the bloodsucker infested sewers while the game has shitty stealth mechanics
>he actually did it, the absolute madman

The difficulty spikes in this game are crazy, at least it doesn't get much worse after the first X lab.
>>
>>322408419
They look fucking incredible, but I've played CoP so much that I doubt I'd give each of them more than a single playthrough. Maybe not even that.

I just wish sergay hadn't tossed everyone out and actually made STALKER 2.
>>
>>322407168
>mfw got to the true ending first time
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.