[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just beat Shadow Warrior >really fucking loved having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
>just beat Shadow Warrior
>really fucking loved having a modern throwback to old-school FPS games with a focus on SP and tightly designed combat scenarios
>well, that and the satisfying as fuck sword fightan
>look up what the dev is making next
>"HOLY SHIT, SHADOW WARRIOR 2 IS RELEASING THIS YE-"
>It has a focus on co-op and procedurally generated maps where the make-up of a level and enemy placement is always random

I feel like I just started to get a blowjob and then suddenly the chick bit my dick off

Why the fuck can't there be more good , modern takes on the old-school style of shootan games?
>>
File: trash it all.gif (3 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
trash it all.gif
3 MB, 390x293
>procedurally generated maps

Fuck I hate this shit.
>>
Because clearly having a game aimed at a niche audience sell well means you should cater to a different audience for the sequel
>>
>>322399809

the new wolfenstein was really good
>>
>>322399809
Don't remind me of this, anon, I hate sequels but when it's sequels of games I love, it makes me want to puke.

It's gone full on Borderlands. Go play Hard Reset if you want something similar to it that's good too.
>>
yea man I just finished it a few weeks ago, and fucking looved every minute of it. But I grew up on PC shooters like the original shadow warrior and duke nukem and the likes. The weapon variety and switching and being able to charge shots and shit was so much damn fun, and it didnt look half bad either, shit ran silky smooth and was non stop fun. Im surprised it doesnt get much attention
>>
>>322400835
Already played but cheers anyway
>>322400914
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>322400914
>It's gone full on Borderlands

I'm still planning to get SW2 on sale despite how shit the changes sound, but I swear to fucking Christ if they add in weapon drops or anything similar I'll never fucking touch it.
>>
>>322399809
>bought it this winter sale
>having a lot of fun
>and now this

>>322400914
>It's gone full on Borderlands.
You mean Borderlands 2. The series didn't get all WHACKITY SMACKITY DOO until Anthony "At Least You're Not Me" Burch wrote for it.
>>
>>322399809
> procedurally generated maps where the make-up of a level and enemy placement is always random

WHAT

I knew about the co-op, but I figured I could ignore it.

Damn, I was looking forward to this game. Waaaay more than any other in 2016. It was my hope for single player FPS salvation. Now its like, maybe Doom 4 will pull something good out of its ass on a longshot.
>>
>>322401238
>but I swear to fucking Christ if they add in weapon drops or anything similar I'll never fucking touch it.
Worse, you MAKE them with CRAFTING drops.

OVER 70 DIFFERENT WEAPONS, DON'T YOU LIKE IT, ANON?

>>322401359
>You mean Borderlands 2. The series didn't get all WHACKITY SMACKITY DOO until Anthony "At Least You're Not Me" Burch wrote for it.
I don't mean the tone, from what I've seen and heard, the game stays on the same notes as SW2013, I'm referring to the gameplay: 4 player coop with tons of useless guns.

I loved the original Borderlands, but if I'm playing SW I want to play SW, not a shitty copy of Borderlands.
>>
>>322399809
If you liked Shadow Warrior you'll love Hard Reset. Same developer.
>>
>>322401869
>I'm referring to the gameplay: 4 player coop with tons of useless guns.

...but Borderlands 1 did both of those things.
>>
>>322401869
>Worse, you MAKE them with CRAFTING drops.
>OVER 70 DIFFERENT WEAPONS, DON'T YOU LIKE IT, ANON?

IM IN PHYSICAL FUCKING PAIN
>>
>>322402081
But Borderlands had good tone and was not a parody of itself.

>Doctor in BD1
>barely any jokes
>concise
>obviously mad

>Doctor in BD2
>HEY, DID I TELL I DON'T HAVE A PHD?
>the wacky crazy doctor
>LIKE, SERIOUSLY, GUYS, I DON'T, AND I MEAN DON'T HAVE A PHD
>SOMEONE SHOULD TEACHS ME HOW TO BE A DOCTOR
The same with every character.
>>
Rise of the Triad reboot. Similar throwback to old-school design.
>>
>>322402791
Oh yeah, and it's $3.75 right now because of the Winter Sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/
>>
>>322402791
>throwback
It's a literal remake of RotT, SW is a reboot that plays entirely different from the original.
>>
>>322402791
> Rise of the Triad reboot.

Kinda boring though. Got it for free on GOG and can't even maintain interest for more than 1 hour in.
>>
>>322402791
>>322402940
Cheers anon
>>
>>322402791
It fucking sucks.

Serious Sam is where its at.

Wolfenstein is also good

Also, Doom wads, and if god is merciful DOOM4 will be decent
>>322399809
Even if they do that, it will still not have gone full borderlands.

Borderlands trademark is shitty ass bland combat, and Shadow Warrior will never have that
>>
I heard Bulletstorm was good but I have yet to play it.
>>
File: 1450853939835.png (391 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
1450853939835.png
391 KB, 960x800
>>322402959
Don't be a Debbie Downer.

>>322403206
Don't be a Cynical Cindy.
>>
I liked Hard Reset quite a bit. It's rough around the edges but still pretty fun.
>>
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/brutal-doom-v20b-hell-on-earth-starter-pack-32-new-levels-are-now-available/

Anyone have any thoughts on this doom mod that came out recently?
>>
>>322403206
>He still has hope for DOOM4 after the trailer

It looks slow as shit and the online map maker is weak as piss.

I've given up on it already.
>>
>>322403260
Its meh.

Its a kinda generic shooter with a combo system to spice it up.

The bad thing is that instead of being just good fun the combo system is tied to the game's currency - so instead of having fun shooting and ocasionally doing something wacky you are encouraged to do the wacky thing to every. single. enemy.

Of course, it doesn't take long for it to become like going through a shopping list to see what combos you have done and which you haven't.

That said, game has a cool artstyle, the gunplay is not terrible and if you like rollercoaster sequences youll have plenty of those.

Now, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has some elements in common (closest thing to it) but overall I feel its better. Less enemy and weapon variety but I vastly prefer the not-so-forced combo sytem and gunplay
>>
>>322403389
Bulletstorm 2 when?
>>
I get why people dislike Rise of the Triad, but hell, don't try to deny that it has seriously good arsenal, outside of heat seeker all rocket launchers are delicious and followed by seriously brutal shotgun, although the way they limit your carry capacity is kinda shitty and to be fair getting a few other new guns could be nice.
>>
>>322403824
After Unreal 3.
>>
>>322403597
speed looks like it is all over the place. I often thing the slow movement speed is just "look at the walls so cinematic" moments.

And still, even if it has been a DOOM trademark slow movement speed doesn't necessary indicate slow gunplay or combat. Look at Serious Sam 1
>>
>>322399809
> modern throwback to old-school FPS games with a focus on SP and tightly designed combat scenarios
more like painkiller or serious sam, nothing like the original
>co-op and procedurally generated maps
don't have a problem with co-op i'd reckon the random map thing will be a different mode honestly it would be pretty neat to have a roguelite type mode to co-op through
>>
>arena shooters are still dead
>>
File: 1427885995608.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1427885995608.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>322399809
>procedurally generated maps where the make-up of a level and enemy placement is always random

I thought level design was supposed to be one of the main reasons why people play these kinds of shooters
>>
>>322405252
nope
>>322405509
doesn't matter all that much flying wild hog's particular brand of game
>>
>procedurally generated maps where the make-up of a level and enemy placement is always random

Jesus fuck why. Level design was one of the worst aspects of both Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior.

Why in the fuck do they want to put even LESS focus on that now? I thought some of these guys worked on Painkiller
>>
>>322403824
>>322404012
i thought they said never?
anyway people can fly are currently working on fornite with epic and a an un-announced fps title independently of epic
>>
Play Wolfenstein The New Order, man. Fucking awesome game.
>>
>>322402047
The expansion for hard reset is fucking great

The base game is pretty bad with cramped levels and shit tons of ass ram/jihad bots
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.