[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Vidya Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ayy.png (67 KB, 631x369) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
67 KB, 631x369
What am I in for? What order should I, someone who is new to the Star Wars Games, play in?
>bought Battlefront 2 before seeing this bundle

Also Star Wars Vidya thread I guess
>>
Play the KOTOR games first. Then play Jedi Academy/Outcast
>>
>>322388952

I got it too and started with Jedi Academy. Lots of fun, just make sure you get the double bladed light saber
>>
>>322389354
It would have been better to start with Dark Forces/Jedi Outcast, since those were the earlier games in the series
>>
File: 1451678866717.jpg (475 KB, 1083x637) Image search: [Google]
1451678866717.jpg
475 KB, 1083x637
>What am I in for?
fucking same old boring videogame generes with a star wars skin on them.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are the only ones worth playing even though they are pretty much Dragon Age games with a star wars theme.
>>
>>322389523

I don't know if I can stomach Dark Forces; those graphics are very dated.
>>
>>322389636
>boring videogame generes with a star wars skin

how dense are you?
>>
I loved the KOTOR games, but for me TIE Fighter is still the GOAT
>>
>>322388952
you paid 25 bucks for games that are all 15-20 years old? cuckold
>>
>>322390778
Better than paying for them seperately for more. How does me wanting to get into a series make me a cuckold exactly?
>>
>>322388952
>buying games with no drm
retard
>>
File: galaxy of heroes.jpg (209 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
galaxy of heroes.jpg
209 KB, 1200x901
>mfw I spent $35 on the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes free game on my phone.

I don't know WHY i'm so fucking addicted to that game, but I keep wanted to collect more characters. it's actually very fun for some reason, like disgaea/final fantasy with star wars characters. but it's just DESIGNED to make you want to spend money. i keep playing it during my subway commute to work and college, so relaxing and actually challenging at times despite how much time i've spent.

mobile games are worse than crack.
>>
>>322390926
because they are games of their era and without nostalgia goggles they are not that enjoyable today. I'd be surprised if you managed to play through more than two of them. Another 25 bucks into Gabe's pockets for games that are actually more cumbersome to play through steam than downloading them.
>>
>>322391195
its too late for you anon, you've been taken slave by the mobile industry

you will forever shell out money to hack devs from now on
>>
File: naked predator.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
naked predator.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
>>322391431
i don't get it anon. i'm such a cuck for microtransactions.

i bought $40 worth of motherbase coins too. and i keep building more base platforms...
>>
File: 1.jpg (252 KB, 460x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
252 KB, 460x800
>>322391578
>>
>>322391374
Who says old games can't be enjoyable? I'm genuinely curious as to why people believe this.
>>
>>322389693
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>322391967

Most of those people are children who can't stomach older graphics or can't adapt their playstyle to older designs.

There are some old games that are just not enjoyable, but those tend to be games that were mechanically broken from the start.
>>
>>322391195
Maul looks out of place as fuck.
>>
>>322391967
because they've been far surpassed by their modern contemporaries.
bitch about video games being art all you want, video games are not like movies, they are much closer to consumer electronics. not in all games of course, but in most classic Star Wars games the technical limitations are really obvious. X-Wing, Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, etc. haven't aged well. not even KOTOR to be desu
>>
>>322392680
>Dark Forces
Doom: Star Wars edition is just as good today as it was 21 years ago.

>Jedi Knight
Still the best Lightsaber combat to this very day.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.