[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TES6 is going to use Gamebryo again isn't it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: the-elder-scrolls-6-argonia.jpg (354 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
the-elder-scrolls-6-argonia.jpg
354 KB, 1000x563
TES6 is going to use Gamebryo again isn't it?
>>
>>322387212
Skyrim 2 should use unreal engine
I don't know what OP's talking about
>>
But anon, no Bethesda games use gamebryo
They all use the Creation Engine™
Bethesda's brand new engine for creating expansive lands that can be easily modded!™
Bethesda left Gamebryo long ago for the Creation Engine™ since it's such a different and more powerful engine![citation needed]
>>
>>322388071
todd please go and stay go
>>
TESO doesnt use gamebryo
>>
>>322387212
They cant afford a better engine
>>
>>322388071
The Creation Engine is so brand new that the Morrowind construction kit recognizes Fallout 4 files
>>
>>322389413
Or, rather can't afford to train all of their staff to use it after being used to programming with the same system for so many years
>>
>>322389514
Holy shit please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>322389514
LOL
>>
>>322389514
>>
>>322389575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVQ9KaPxRI&t=4m7s

BRAND NEW ENGINE that they've been using since the late 90's or whenever Morrowind began development
>>
>people still blame a game's problems on the engine
>people still think because they once made a box in unity they have any idea what the engine actually does
>people are honestly stupid enough to think that if they switched engines Bethesda games would somehow have less of their problems
>>
>>322391725
Everyone knows Bethesda are incompetent, but that doesn't make the creation engine any less of a piece of shit that's being held together by duct tape at this point
>>
>>322392305
And what's actually wrong with the creation engine? Not what the devs do with it, but the engine itself. Keep in mind that, given that Bethesda has full access to every part of it, anything that's really a problem is still ultimately their fault.
You don't blame a hammer for building a shitty house.
>>
Why would they upgrade? People still buy their damn games anyway.

I did.
>>
>>322391725
The engine is outdated. It's an old engine that has just been updated since Morrowind and still has shit from back then that doesn't work well now. Think about Source. They've updated it since HL2 came out but it still has limitations that newer engines don't have. I agree that people on /v/ generally know fuck all about what an engine does but Gamebryo is outdated, especially Bethesda's current version of it that was customized by them, and while not all of their problems would go away with a new engine I think a lot of them would. There's only so much you can update an old engine before you need to start from scratch.
>>
>>322392483
>given that Bethesda has full access to every part of it

Why is Fallout 4 still the same fucking cell based shit where you need to go through a loading screen for a miniscule room then?
>>
>>322392871
Mostly because of space requirements. A lot of interiors in Fallout 4 don't match up with the exterior. There are a lot of places in Fallout 4 that have no loading screens however, you noticed sanctuary, and anytime there's an elevator that takes the place of a traditional loading screen.
>>
>>322387212
>TES6 is going to use Gamebryo again isn't it?

I think Fallout 4 has a newer, or at least heavily tweaked version.

Alt+tabbing doesnt put my hardware cursor on top, and doesnt crash the game. Also I am getting new kinds of bugs, like textures not loading and being replaces by solid white, when in Skyrim and older games this didnt happen, and the default wasnt white when I forced textures to not load in models.
>>
>>322392707
Again, what limitations?
>>
>>322391725
the problem is that they're both incompetent AND using an engine that was dated in about 2005
>>
>>322393439
People seem to think because Todd said "We're too dumb to figure out ladders" that gamebryo can't do ladders. /v/ is stupid.
>>
>>322387212
What do you think.
Of course it will, this time maybe they'll call it the infiscale engine, after creation, after gamebryo.

Fucking faggots.
>Discussing any Bethesda game after Skyrimjob and F4, that dropped the ball harder with ESO as well. Worse than Oblivion, and F3, which were shit as well.

I don't know what you want from Bethesda games, but shit and glitches is the only thing you'll get.
>>
>>322393465
Using any other engine wouldn't make things any better. You're still gonna have the same solutions and same things they do on gamebryo because that's how they've learned to do it.
Heck, things might probably be worse because now it's an engine they don't know. You've seen what they've done on their old familiar software, imagine how bad they'd be on another.
>>
>>322390894
>same console commands

A-ha! This is false!
You see, before you could type help "string" to see the ID of the object "string".
Now you have to type help "string" 4 to do the same thing. I dont know what the 4 is there for, but it wasnt there before. New engine.
>>
>>322393928
They also turned showracemenu into... what was it... oh, here:
>ShowLooksMenu Player 1 (for changing hair) or 2 (for plastic surgery)
NEW ENGINE.
>>
>>322393928

>moving posts/splitting hairs
>>
Since FO4 didn't win ALL the awards, do you think that if Skyrim 2 uses Gamebryo again, reviewers will actively shit on it?
>>
>>322390894
>Knuckles
>my sides
>>
>>322394981

>implying people who weren't paid reviewers didn't shit all over the game for using a heavily modified Morrowind engine

Ignorance is bliss, so you should go back to the shivering isles where you came from.
>>
>>322393439
I haven't played FO4 so it might have been fixed in there but I remember Skyrim having a shitty day/night cycle that didn't smoothly update. It used that shitty cell system for loading things. The engine apparently can't do vehicles looking at how they made that guy with a train head for trains in one of the Fallout games. And I'm sure there are other limitations that aren't as immediately noticeable being that it's a really old engine.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.