[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOMM3 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 256px-Homm3boxart.jpg (35 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
256px-Homm3boxart.jpg
35 KB, 256x325
In the midst of all the garbage coming out, can we all talk about this game and how great it is?
>>
>>322384424
Literally the greatest game of all time.
I think I've played somewhere around 7000 hours of HoMM3.
>>
File: fangram.png (78 KB, 293x296) Image search: [Google]
fangram.png
78 KB, 293x296
Ruskies just released a new patch for the fanmade Horn of the Abyss expansion, has a Cthulhu unit.
>>
>>322384424
Between this and D2, there's a good portion of my life I'll never get back.

If I did, I'd probably spend it playing those games anyway.

Only negative point I have against HoMM3 is the retarded and cowardly AI that will blast a random stack with Lightning Bolt and flee at the first sign of losing a battle.
>>
>>322384793
haven't tried Horn of the Abyss yet. Is it as good as Wog?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (66 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
66 KB, 480x360
>>322385043
It tries to be as H3 as possible, so it's much better than WoG.
Also, pirates. You love pirates right anon?
>>
>>322385043
Horn of the Abyss is probably the best fan made addition to any game I've ever played.
>>
>>322385151
nigga i'm downloading it now
>>
>>322385356
Good choice HoMM-friend.
>>
>>322385001
I'd rather the ai try and keep their heroes than toss them in the trash
>>
>>322385873
>I'd rather the ai try and keep their heroes than toss them in the trash
True, but when the battle starts as a relatively even match, there's no reason the opponent shouldn't at least attempt to win.

Sure, if the hero is down to his last stack or two, then it makes sense to pull a retreat, but ZAP-RUN shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction after I move a unit out of its starting position.
>>
>>322384424
But there is constantly a general thread on /vr/ for it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.