[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 32
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Thoughts? Expectations?
>>
>Expectations?
yearly call of duty
>>
>>322381981
it'll be okay
>>
>>322381981
Reminder if you don't wait for the GOTY scholar of the second jew version you're literally retarded.
>>
File: 5489765132154.png (573 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5489765132154.png
573 KB, 500x500
>>322383006
>Being this poor
>>
>>322383006
how are you gonna wait and avoid spoilers at the same time?
>>
I expect a Bloodborne with medieval setting and less speed and non-functional armor for the second time in a row thanks to DaS2.

Also, no more cool weapons. Back to 50 dagger and 60 greatswors with the same moves. God fucking damn it.
>>
>>322382824
>DeS - 2009
>DaS - 2011
>BB - 2014
>DaS3 - 2016

FUCKING CALL OF DUTY REHASH SOULS 3 JESUS FUCKING CHRIST UWEEEEEEEEEEH
>>
>Bloodborne gameplay

I mean it's fine, but I just want an actual god damn successor to Dark Souls already. I'm also afraid that it's going to be linear like Bloodborne, and we already know it has warping from the start. At least it will have bonfires within the level though instead of every area needing an elevator. Weapon variety and item placement should be more interesting than BB too.
>>
>>322383238
>spoilers

what's there to spoil? literally everyone will just play through the game without understanding what the fuck is going on and wait until a meme youtuber like vaati explains it all. just like they did for the other games.
>>
>>322381981
I hope the skills are unique to weapons and not just weapon class. If every single axe just have the same battle cry, it's going to get old real fast. Also, some things I want
>fight Loyd and his undead hunters(would be ironic if they were undead themselves) but imagine a boss who blocks estus recovery and is actually a human and not a hollow
>desert stages would be nice, and a first
>more rainy stages, ala outside Drangleic Castle
>more combo varieties
>two handed/charged spell casting for stronger spells
>more spell varieties
>a fifth spell/elemental type
>combat involving the torch with its own moveset
>option to throw weapons at enemies
>>
>>322383467
>literally everyone will just play through the game without understanding what the fuck is going on

Found the dumb casualfag. There are some people who can understand the story without retarded expositional dialogue shitting on the player, you know?

What's there to spoil? Bosses.
>>
Futuristic setting when?
>>
File: 1423117002854.jpg (437 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
1423117002854.jpg
437 KB, 600x847
>>322381981
I dislike the amount of yellow in all of the promo art, and the artwork of the MC looks weird and disproportionate as well

As for the game, I know it'll be great, so I'm excited.
>>
>>322383467
there are certain things in souls games that can only truly be experienced if you don't expect them

for example: getting eaten by a mimic
>>
>>322383417
>DaS II 2014
>BB 2015
stop shit posting please
>>
File: DaS3 Piss Filter.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 Piss Filter.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>322383654
Wait till you see this.

Unedited screenshot.
>>
>>322383629
Hopefully soon
>>
hope there will be some sunny stages like in ds2 instead of everything being completely gray
>>
Might be good. But will likely be a lesser BB.
>>
>Different weapon arts between the weapons in the same class
>Shit ton of armors
>Level design as good as in BB
>NPCs with personality
>Build variety
>A good arena
>Actually interesting covenants with questlines, rewards and cool mechanics
>Infinite red orb
>>
File: DaS3 no piss filter.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 no piss filter.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>>322383891
Cleaned up screenshot.
>>
>>322381981
Yo are they gonna cuck PC players again or is it a simultaneous release?
>>
>>322381981
Miyazaki will make great strides to fix DS2 but also make new fumbles. One of the invading covenants will be broken or pointless (probably blue). Overall it'll be better then DS2, and possibly DS1, but rose tinted goggles will leave it hanging at #3 under bloodborne and DS1.
>>
File: hhh.png (210 KB, 536x578) Image search: [Google]
hhh.png
210 KB, 536x578
>>322383816
DARK SOULS 2 NEVER HAPPENED
>>
>>322383891
I'm fine with that; that just looks like a tone for the area.

I'm just talking about the sulfur-yellow they've chosen for the posters and artwork. It's an ugly color.
>>
>>322383467
>meme
>meme
>meme
the word has become a manifestation of itself, jesus
>>
File: 113759.jpg (24 KB, 310x230) Image search: [Google]
113759.jpg
24 KB, 310x230
>>322383891
that 2d sky again
>>
i want the level design and music of demon souls, the lore of dark souls, and the pvp and weapon variety of dark souls 2

>>322384048
end your life
>>
>>322384013
That looks like a sunny goodtimes castle. Do you think an area in a DARK SOULS game should look/feel like sunny goodtimes castle?
>>
>>322383891
>>322384013
What the fuck? Changing lighting?
>>
>>322383454
>Linear like Bloodborne.

wut
>>
File: kanye stare.gif (497 KB, 334x199) Image search: [Google]
kanye stare.gif
497 KB, 334x199
>>322384051
>fine with that screenshot
>>
File: 1394239958269.jpg (23 KB, 397x415) Image search: [Google]
1394239958269.jpg
23 KB, 397x415
>>322384048
>>
>>322384175
yes
>>
>>322383816
>B team
>>
>>322384051
Fuck you, I love yellow. It really fits to the apocalypse theme in the game.

But I hope it won't be fucking everywhere.
>>
>>322384224
Bloodborne has a strictly linear progression with optional offshoots. Dark Souls has a bottleneck in the middle but can be done in pretty much any order thanks to the interconnectivity of the world.
>>
>>322383454
>Bonfires within the level
>Bloodborne doesn't have he best selection of weapons in the series
>Bloodborne didn't have good item placement

loving every laugh
>>
>>322384312
muh miyazaki
>>
>>322384230
It is unpleasant to look at. And I think that's the point; it's an ugly and fucked up area. So I'm fine with that.

If the whole game looks that way? Then we've got a problem, obviously.

Have you forgotten the way it becomes GREEN TIME when you enter Blighttown from Valley of the Drakes?
>>
Jesus Christ I can't wait to make a dick weaboo buffed katana build to invade people and shit on them

I loved draining humanities during gestures in DaS, I hope there will be a toy like the Dark Hand in DaS3.
>>
>>322384139
>2d image on an imageboard
>>
>>322384013
>it's the end of the world, or the closest it's ever been to it
>everything should look perfect and go-lucky like everything's fine!
>implying every area is going to be as yellow as this one
you guys, i swear, are so goddamn stupid sometimes
>>
>>322384405
Well the actual placement of items is fine, It's just that they're all blood vials and bullets. The DLC has weapons and armor scattered around to make exploration more rewarding, and I hope DS3 does too.

Trick weapons are great, but I like having lots of weapons with smaller differences too.

Bonfires within the level are an objective improvement, especially when coupled with a lack of warping.
>>
>>322384554
>i can't wait to grief new players ecksdee XD

you are the cancer that killed pvp
>>
>>322384613
>it's the end of the world, or the closest it's ever been to it
>everything should look perfect and go-lucky like everything's fine!
>except for a yellow filter

ur stupid
>>
>>322384389
Then the components of the game that have varying paths are not linear. You can say having to complete the Amelia Boss fight to unlock a couple other areas is a linear progression, but your choice of path afterward can't be linear.

Upper Cathedral Ward or Cainhurst Castle or the Nightmare areas or the DLC or Yahargul at the end of the game is an example of this.
>>
>>322381981
Return of DS1 poise. For the combat not to be as sanic as the stress test was, guys in full armor fast rolling around was stupid.
>>
>>322384554
you mean you cant wait to twink yo you can feel good at the game
>>
>>322384615
I think both ways of doing weapons are fine. Both have plusses and minuses.
>>
>>322384896
The individual levels are not linear within themselves, but your progression from area to area is. Yes, there optional areas that you can do or not do at any time after you've unlocked them, but I'd say that's a poor substitute for Dark Souls' open world.
>>
>>322381981
Its going to be a shitty beat em up with level up mechanics lile the rest
>>
I hope it's better than Dark Souls 2 and doesn't feel like a step down from Bloodborne
It will probably be better than Dark Souls 2 but not as good as Bloodborne
>>
>>322385004
I absolutely agree, but I also think Bloodborne was pretty lacking in weapons before ToH. Although the bigger problem for me is that so many weapons are locked away until more than halfway through the game.
>>
>>322384389
Like half of BB's bosses are optional without counting the chalice dungeons ones.
>>
>>322385139
>beat em up
Shit bait try again.
>>
File: 1377354614721.gif (506 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
1377354614721.gif
506 KB, 499x375
>>322384579
>2d image on an imageboard
are you retarded?
both ds2 and ds1 had 2d images for background and sky
>>
>>322385054
Linear is not inherently bad. Bloodborne's and Dark Souls' worlds are both excellent, and it's a coin toss for which one I prefer.

Central Yharnam's folding design is exactly as good as Firelink's.
>>
>>322384615
Blood vials and Bullets typically come from regular, respawning enemies. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Nah, Trick Weapons are an objective improvement.

>Combos allowed from improved stamina system

>Two forms that can combo into one another with usually varying utility/movesets

>Larger movesets in general

>Those designs

You claim that they're an objective improvement, but why? Where's your reasoning?
>>
>>322385406
I agree with that, but the thing is that Central Yharnam's connectivity is limited to Central Yharnam.

>>322385232
That doesn't contradict what I'm saying.
>>
>>322385208
I'm with you there -- I wanted to speedrun to a Bloodletter build, but hit a hard fucking wall at Ludwig, and just could not fucking beat him until I'd gotten to late Mensis, more or less
>>
>>322382824
Only people who don't play the games and are faux-mad at the "community" think this.
>>
>>322383467
spoiling the areas and gameplay. 80% of the fun in souls games is exploring the areas and shit
>>
>>322381981
why is he giving thumbs up?
>>
>>322385232
More or fewer optional bosses are not inherently a good or bad thing.
>>
>>322385054
In what way is progressing to areas side by side or that are connected via path any different than Dark Souls connectivity?

You are arbitrarily restricting the term progression and linearity to this one tiny thing, that makes literally no sense.

Good job.
>>
>>322384705
>>322384948
I always feel like a good player when I two shot noobs while they're overwhelmed by enemies. Fuck you honorfags
>>
>>322385417
The problem isn't with enemy drops, it's with the items scattered around the world. Exploring is less interesting when I'm almost always just going to find vials and bullets than when I might find my new favorite weapon or armor.

Look, I'd trade 100 standard weapons for 100 trick weapons any day, but 20 trick weapons is not an objective improvement on 100 standard weapons.

>You claim that they're an objective improvement, but why? Where's your reasoning?
Well, when there's no warping they sort of trap you there, which makes for interesting gameplay. But even with warping, they allow for more varied level design. If you're ALWAYS going to have a slightly vertical level with an elevator before the boss then it gets a bit dull. BB's level design is great, but it is a bit formulaic.
>>
>>322385529
Central Yharnam is connected to Iosefka's clinic, the Forbidden Forest, and to the graveyard area before Cathedral Ward where you fight Father G.
>>
>>322385671
It's not, just saying that it wasnt so linear. But I agree that the interconectivity is almost limited to Yharnam.
>>
I hope it's better than 2.
>>
>>322385675
I think he's saying that the only linearity in DaS is between the first and second halves of the game.

You can do the two bells in any order, you can do the four lords souls in any order.

BB is Gascoigne -> BSB -> Amelia -> SoY -> Rom -> TOR -> Micolash -> Mergo -> Gehrman, and you can't break that sequence. It's an actual distinction, but I don't have a preference for either style. It's all down to execution, and both games executed it fantastically (apart from DaS being unfinished)
>>
>>322385971
So that's one area that you can progress to, and another area connected with no gameplay significance.
>>
>>322385675
I'm saying that Bloodborne's late game areas are locked off until the late game, and if you're just trying to finish then you're going to play through the game in the same order every time.

In Dark Souls you've got 7 possible first bosses, and they almost all allow you to progress in different ways. Bloodborne has 2 first bosses, and only one of them allows you to progress, and the rest of the follows in a similar fashion.
>>
>>322386028
I did Amelia and a bunch of other shit before BSB because I got lost as fuck.
>>
>>322385652
he's holding a turd
>>
>>322385917
>The problem isn't with enemy drops, it's with the items scattered around the world. Exploring is less interesting when I'm almost always just going to find vials and bullets than when I might find my new favorite weapon or armor.

You're implying you strictly find bullets and blood vials the majority of the time. That's a stupid claim.

>Look, I'd trade 100 standard weapons for 100 trick weapons any day, but 20 trick weapons is not an objective improvement on 100 standard weapons.

There are 25 Trick weapons and like 15 or 20 Off hand weapons.

Not to mention the fact that many weapons in the weapon classes of the past Souls games do not vary well in terms of utility, movesets, and so on. Therefore comparing the weapons only in terms of number is just flat out retarded.

>Well, when there's no warping they sort of trap you there, which makes for interesting gameplay.

The lack of lamps in Bloodborne allows for a similar level progression to Dark Souls. Most areas require you to complete a large portion of them or sometimes even all of them
before you can reach a lamp and warp.

>But even with warping, they allow for more varied level design. If you're ALWAYS going to have a slightly vertical level with an elevator before the boss then it gets a bit dull. BB's level design is great, but it is a bit formulaic.

Uh,

>Cainhurst
>Hemwick
>Nightmare Frontier and Mensis
>Ludwig
>BLS
>Forbidden Forest/Brygenworth

I'm not even going to continue. You're blatantly wrong.
>>
>>322386601
oh i forgot you can buy the hunter chief emblem. okay, so cut BSB out of the progression.
>>
I expect Guts and Griffith themselves to be in the game. Also one of the bosses will be a rape horse riding wheel skeletons.
>>
>>322384013
>Why is a game about the sun itself dying not bright and sunny and colorful?
duuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>322386182
You "progress" to all 3 of them. Your definition of "progress" applies to all 3 of them.

Also, look, you can't arbitrarily restrict discussion to connecivity to the first area in the game. The first area in Bloodborne is neither the hub nor one of the areas with highest amount of the connection. How about I arbitrarily select Lost Izalith from Dark Souls and talk about its connections? Is that fair?
>>
File: only dead.jpg (23 KB, 570x564) Image search: [Google]
only dead.jpg
23 KB, 570x564
>>322381981
It will end up like Dark Souls 2, fine game in it's own right but people will still shit on every single change they made since demon souls/dark souls 1
>>
>>322386954
>You're implying you strictly find bullets and blood vials the majority of the time. That's a stupid claim.
I explicitly said ALMOST always, which is true. I also talked about how you DON'T find weapons and armor, which you've conveniently ignored.

>There are 25 Trick weapons and like 15 or 20 Off hand weapons.
And there are well over 100 weapons in Dark Souls. I was ballparking.

>Not to mention the fact that many weapons in the weapon classes of the past Souls games do not vary well in terms of utility, movesets, and so on.
I'd disagree with that. There are a few clones, but most have somewhat different movesets.

>Therefore comparing the weapons only in terms of number is just flat out retarded.
I agree, all I'm saying is that there's value in the numbers, and it's not an objective improvement.

>The lack of lamps in Bloodborne allows for a similar level progression to Dark Souls. Most areas require you to complete a large portion of them or sometimes even all of them
before you can reach a lamp and warp.
Which isn't how DaS works at all.

>Those level choices
Let's cut that down to an accurate selection.

>Hemwick
>Ludwig
This one is part of the DLC, and is only that way because there are multiple lamps, which is what I want.
>Byrgenworth
This one isn't even a real level. It's a single small building.

I'm not sure what BLS stands for, but the rest of those have elevators and a short trip to the boss, and the ones that don't are hardly interesting.
>>
>>322384048
I bet you're the same shitposter that goes on about how much they hate 4kings on /vg/
>>
>>322387309
>You "progress" to all 3 of them. Your definition of "progress" applies to all 3 of them.
From Central Yharnam you progress to Oedon chapel. That's it.

>Also, look, you can't arbitrarily restrict discussion to connecivity to the first area in the game. The first area in Bloodborne is neither the hub nor one of the areas with highest amount of the connection.
You picked the area. But it's only an example, what I'm saying is that kind of connectivity and progression DOESN'T apply to the whole game.
>>
>>322387897
Oh God is he still there? It's literally been years
>>
>>322386371
Are you seriously this bad at logic?

>I'm saying that Bloodborne's late game areas are locked off until the late game, and if you're just trying to finish then you're going to play through the game in the same order every time.

But Dark Souls late game areas are locked off until late game as well.

If I'm going to try to play the game normally, then I can play through the game in many different orders. You can't just stay because someone purposefully skipped the optional content, so there is not variety to the late game level selection, you fucking imbecile.

>In Dark Souls you've got 7 possible first bosses, and they almost all allow you to progress in different ways. Bloodborne has 2 first bosses, and only one of them allows you to progress, and the rest of the follows in a similar fashion.

Uh,

>Upper Cathedral Ward
>DLC
>Cainhurst
>Nightmare Frontier
>Nightmare Mensis
>Yahargul

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>322387897
>pic related
>tfw my name is bruno

BECAUSE 4KINGS FUCKING SUCKS
>>
>>322387949
11 months to be precise.

I can't comprehend people who do that for so long. He must be autistic.
>>
>>322388023
go away br shitskin
>>
>>322384175
shut the fuck up
>>
>>322387958
>But Dark Souls late game areas are locked off until late game as well.
Half of them are, yes. The game is divided into 2 mostly non-linear halves.

>If I'm going to try to play the game normally, then I can play through the game in many different orders. You can't just stay because someone purposefully skipped the optional content, so there is not variety to the late game level selection, you fucking imbecile.
The optional content ends in a dead end and doesn't give much incentive to do it. I do it every time, but you're not progressing through the game when you do. It's not part of the game's progression.
>>
File: images (26).jpg (18 KB, 497x289) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
18 KB, 497x289
MY PEENUS MANUS OF COURSE :-)
>>
>>322383654
>>322384051
>bitching about colors

LMAO

its so easy to spot the autists on this board
>>
>>322383596
Getting to fight loyd would be badass. Even more so if he survived the hundreds if not thousands of years since dark souls 1.
>>
>>322384312
>B meme
>>
>>322388619
Those are both me
it's not meant to be a serious complaint. Just a silly gripe. It's just an ugly color. I'm very excited for the game.
>>
File: 1444417688365.jpg (176 KB, 1229x800) Image search: [Google]
1444417688365.jpg
176 KB, 1229x800
pretty hyped for the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stWae6r7Blw

not so hyped for the poster armor, but I appreciate that it lookes like a charred combination of the Elite and Alva sets
>>
I knew that darksouls had some refs from berserk but holy fuck after i started to read it, seems like you could just reskin either of the ds and call it "berserk the game"

>long boat trip in ds3?
>>
>>322384175

Yes, Anor Londo is one of the most terrifying areas because of that.

Undead burg is also pretty sunny
>>
File: Alva.jpg (843 KB, 2232x3486) Image search: [Google]
Alva.jpg
843 KB, 2232x3486
>>322388926
what armors do you all hope make some form of Return from DaS1 and 2? if Concept art is to be believed, Faraam seems to be returning, and we know the Drangleic shield and Benhart's parma are as well

imo, I hope Alva's set comes back. shit was nice
>>
>>322386954
>Cainhurst
>Climbing to the top of the castle and using an elevator and ladders as shortcuts to the boss

>Mensis
>Climbing to the top of the Loft and using several elevators as shortcuts

>Forbidden Woods
>Walking down the sloping path to the very pit of the woods
>Two elevators take you directly from the top bonfire right next to the boss area

>Nightmare Frontier
>Go all the way in a big loop, and down the cliffside to the boss room
>90% of which is skipped once you unlock the elevator shortcut
>>
>>322384939
It will probably be less fast early game, equip load was turned off for the stress test.
>>
File: heide knight.png (993 KB, 1200x761) Image search: [Google]
heide knight.png
993 KB, 1200x761
>>322389161
The Heide set deserved better. it's lighting and shit are totally fucked and ugly in DaS2 despite the set itself being a cool design
>>
>>322387765
>I explicitly said ALMOST always, which is true. I also talked about how you DON'T find weapons and armor, which you've conveniently ignored.

Which is why I said that's only because that's what many enemies drop.

"HURR DURR if the game has important consumables and enemies drop them, then that somehow detracts from the games enemy placement."

There are a lot of armor pieces, Badges, Ritual Items, and so on that you can find in the game.

>I'd disagree with that. There are a few clones, but most have somewhat different movesets.

"but have somewhat different movesets."

Then clearly you don't disagree that most of them have slightly varying utility, if varying utility at all. Most Greatswords, Katanas, Daggers, and so on have largely similar utility. You can't say the same about Bloodborne.

>I agree, all I'm saying is that there's value in the numbers, and it's not an objective improvement.

There's not a lot of value to the numbers as you can see above. All of the aspects that the weapons improved upon that I listed above have yet to be countered by you, though.

>before you can reach a lamp and warp.
Which isn't how DaS works at all.

But, it is similar to DaS in regards to the fact that the lamps/bonfires are kept limited per area, which is what we have been talking about this entire time.

>Let's cut that down to an accurate selection.

You don't get to just remove Cainhurst and the Nightmare areas because you feel like it, retard. They don't have elevators before the boss.

Neither does Ludwig. Multiple lamps or not, there is no elevator.

THE SIZE OF BRYGENWORTH LITERALLY ISN'T RELEVANT. IT HAS A BOSS. THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN TLAKING ABOUT. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION.

That was supposed to be Blood Starved Beast. Lady Maria, Living Failures, Amelia, Father G, and the Cleric Beast also don't have elevators. Please stop being a retard.
>>
>>322387949
Yep. There every day, still making polls and trying to derail the general.
Does he ban evade or do the janitors not give a shit?
>>
>>322389643
Im convinced it's a bot or something.

there's no way someone could be that autistic enough to keep ban evading
>>
>>322389643
He must ban evade. If he's been doing it for close to a year like that other anon said, he's clearly got a screw loose
>>
>>322381981

>DemonBloodborn Souls 2.

And I like this. I love how fast Demon Souls was. This is going back to that speed again.
>>
>>322389347
>Cainhurst
>Climbing to the top of the castle and using an elevator and ladders as shortcuts to the boss

You use ladders, staircases, bridges and so on. By that logic of picking out pieces of the enviornment that you use to get to the boss then I can include all of those things, not just elevators.

>Mensis
>Climbing to the top of the Loft and using several elevators as shortcuts

If you're climbing through to the Loft once you unlock the middle Lamp, then you won't be using those shortcuts. You'll use multiple stair cases and one elevator.

>Forbidden Woods
>Walking down the sloping path to the very pit of the woods
>Two elevators take you directly from the top bonfire right next to the boss area

Neither of the Elevators take you directly next to the boss area.

Why are you so bad at observing things?

>Nightmare Frontier
>Go all the way in a big loop, and down the cliffside to the boss room
>90% of which is skipped once you unlock the elevator shortcut

Completely depends on how you go through the area.

If you go through on your first try through the back up by the Winter Lanterns, then you simply go that way.

Or you can go through the cave.

So the elevator is not the only way, no.
>>
>>322389448
>Which is why I said that's only because that's what many enemies drop.
I'm talking about items placed in the world, I've said that twice now.

>"HURR DURR if the game has important consumables and enemies drop them, then that somehow detracts from the games enemy placement."
I have not said a word about enemy placement.

>There are a lot of armor pieces, Badges, Ritual Items, and so on that you can find in the game.
There are not a lot.

>Then clearly you don't disagree that most of them have slightly varying utility, if varying utility at all. Most Greatswords, Katanas, Daggers, and so on have largely similar utility. You can't say the same about Bloodborne.
If you're going to get that broad about it then every weapon has the same utility - damaging enemies. You have to get more specific in Dark Souls, but that's what makes choosing your weapon fun. It's that subtle difference that makes it perfect for you.

>There's not a lot of value to the numbers as you can see above. All of the aspects that the weapons improved upon that I listed above have yet to be countered by you, though.
I'm not trying to counter them. I agree that trick weapons are great, I'm just saying that I and many others like a larger pool of weapons to select from.

>But, it is similar to DaS in regards to the fact that the lamps/bonfires are kept limited per area, which is what we have been talking about this entire time.
What I was saying was that Bloodborne has one lamp per area, and a shortcut that leads to the boss, but allowing for multiple lamps could lead to a greater variety of level design.

>You don't get to just remove Cainhurst and the Nightmare areas because you feel like it, retard. They don't have elevators before the boss.
Yeah, they do. I don't know how to argue this point, they just do. Cainhurst has you climb a ladder and cross a rooftop afterward, but that hardly makes a difference.

cont.
>>
>>322390368
>THE SIZE OF BRYGENWORTH LITERALLY ISN'T RELEVANT.
It is, because the point of it not having an elevator shortcut is pretty moot when it's not a large enough level to warrant a shortcut at all.

>That was supposed to be Blood Starved Beast. Lady Maria, Living Failures, Amelia, Father G, and the Cleric Beast also don't have elevators. Please stop being a retard.
Ladia Maria, Living Failurs, and Father G. all have elevators. I'm sick of arguing with you when you're just going to be wrong. If you disagree then fine, but you're using wrong information to back yourself up.
>>
File: Disappointed-Dog-Face-04[1].jpg (27 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed-Dog-Face-04[1].jpg
27 KB, 625x416
>>322384175
just because the setting is dark and bleak doesn't mean the sun doesn't fucking shine you shitcunt
>>
Hoping for:
Connectivity and mechanics from DaS
Weapon and Armor variety from DaS2
Atmosphere a mix of DaS1 and DeS
>>
>>322390593
it technically does have a shortcut. the gate nearest the lamp is the shortcut.

but it's a pretty worthless shortcut anyway
>>
>>322390772
you mean connectivity from 2. You dont seriously want to spend hours waiting for a summon only for it to tell you it failed, do you?
>>
>>322389161
I want Vendrick's Armor to return, so cozy.
>>
File: 1444255307627.png (420 KB, 1300x1050) Image search: [Google]
1444255307627.png
420 KB, 1300x1050
Do you think after DS3 they will make an open world RPG like Skyrim/Witcher 3/DD but with the Souls combat system?
>>
>>322381981
I hope the series ends on a high note, which it seems it might. I like the new stuff they're introducing, makes it look like more than just an obligatory sequel.

Also excited to see what From does after this.
>>
>>322390953
I'm sure he means world connectivity.
>>
>>322388387
>Half of them are, yes. The game is divided into 2 mostly non-linear halves.

But the point is that, like Bloodborne, Dark Souls has late game areas sealed off until the end of the game as well. Stop contradicting yourself.

>The optional content ends in a dead end and doesn't give much incentive to do it. I do it every time, but you're not progressing through the game when you do. It's not part of the game's progression.

The optional content ending in a dead end does not restrict incentive, though.

Cainhurst has many Weapons, Armors, Weapon Resources, a Boss, a Covenant, and a couple things to for you to do with NPCs.

The DLC has like 6 or 7 weapons in the first area alone.

There is much incentive to do a lot of the optional content.

You're also implying game progression must solely defined by completing areas that progress the plot towards the end game, which is not necessarily true.
>>
>>322391071
I sure hope not.
>>
>>322391071
I want a 2D sprite-based Souls after this.
>>
>>322391342
Okay.
>>
File: 1jiMwOI[1].jpg (104 KB, 692x390) Image search: [Google]
1jiMwOI[1].jpg
104 KB, 692x390
>>322391417
I would never stop cumming.
>>
File: 1425150091617.jpg (61 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1425150091617.jpg
61 KB, 640x426
>>322385887
Fuck yea!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAzKTu0-yKo
watcha listening while pwning n00bs?
>>
>>322389448
its like you're intentionally not understanding what he is saying to you i guess this is the bloodborne fanbase :^)
>>
>>322391683
Mostly metal, it makes me feel more edgy :^)
>>
File: 1451742339389.jpg (239 KB, 848x848) Image search: [Google]
1451742339389.jpg
239 KB, 848x848
>there will never be a scifi souls

I'm glad that From are finally saying fuck it moving onto different things but this would've been neat
>>
>>322386182
>moving the goalpost
Fuck off.
>>
>>322392338
>Literally can only move from one area to another in one direction
I didn't move any goalposts.
>>
>>322391071
No. without a doubt it will not.

For reference: Dark Souls 2 was originally planned to be Open world, and some of it's early concept and promo art reflect this quite heavily.

but Bamco said they didnt like it, and wanted it to be like Dark Souls 1, which resulted in a lot of lost work, which got worse when they ran out of time and had to reshuffle what they had
>>
File: deaths gambit.gif (1 MB, 540x230) Image search: [Google]
deaths gambit.gif
1 MB, 540x230
>>322391417
>>322391613

soon, anons. soon.
>>
>>322391417
no thanks

kill urself
>>
>>322390593
about items placed in the world, I've said that twice now.

Then you're blatantly fucking wrong. Outside of the CD's, blood vials/bullets are far out numbered by other weapons on dead bodies, chests, etc.

>I have not said a word about enemy placement.

*Loot placement.

>There are not a lot.

It's your claim. Provide evidence plox.

>If you're going to get that broad about it then every weapon has the same utility - damaging enemies.

Let's look at the Moonlight Great Sword vs the Wheel for example.

The Moonlight Greatsword has:

*Multiple projectiles that have different shapes, come out at different speeds, useful for different ranges

*More moves than the old Moonlight Greatsword, but similar to the old moveset untricked.

The Wheel has:

*Buff ability that can increase damage 4x at 4 different levels that take down health at different rates as well, but only recoverable health

*Overhead, spin, forward slam, etc. attacks/Large moveset that varies more in range/speed of animation in Tricked form

And I'll throw the Amygdalan Arm in there, too, as a STR Weapon:

*Tricked form unlocks claw like feature that is broken into individual components that all strike differently and in succession on multiple moves

*Can cancel out of the above moves into any movement option/attack

*Untricked form is a better Great Club

Notice how some of the STR weapons with Arcane elements vary so much noticeably in utility.

Look at the Claymore vs Zwei vs Bastard Sword vs Greatsword for example in Dark Souls.

They have different moves (not nearly as different as the above) and varying ranges. That's it.

There are also a lot of fucking useless weapons in Dark Souls. Just check out a weapon tier list.

>I'm not trying to counter them. I agree that trick weapons are great, I'm just saying that I and many others like a larger pool of weapons to select from.

Well, hopefully you can understand why many people prefer Trick weapons, at least.
>>
>>322390593
>What I was saying was that Bloodborne has one lamp per area, and a shortcut that leads to the boss, but allowing for multiple lamps could lead to a greater variety of level design.

Level design is not exclusively defined in terms of how you get to the boss. You have to be fucking kidding me.

You should be more specifically say that there should be bonfires instead of shortcuts, which makes no fucking sense. There is no superior reasoning to include over the other.

>Yeah, they do. I don't know how to argue this point, they just do. Cainhurst has you climb a ladder and cross a rooftop afterward, but that hardly makes a difference.

But it is a fucking difference. You're arguing something incredibly subjective at this point. As I say somewhere else in one of my posts, by your logic I can talk about anything I use to get to the boss.

>It is, because the point of it not having an elevator shortcut is pretty moot when it's not a large enough level to warrant a shortcut at all.

Holy fucking shit, you cannot be serious.

Your initial complaint was that all levels use the gimmick of an elevator shortcut to the boss as their means to getting to the boss. Instead, this area uses a small area design to get you there instead.

>Maria, Living Failurs, and Father G. all have elevators. I'm sick of arguing with you when you're just going to be wrong. If you disagree then fine, but you're using wrong information to back yourself up.

"HURRR DURR BECAUSE AN ELEVATOR AND LADDER CONNECT FROM THE LAMP AND SEWER RESPECTIVELY TO THE BRIDGE AND NOT FATHER G, THEN I WILL ONLY TALK ABOUT THE ELEVATOR BECAUSE IT'S CONVENIENT TO ME."

Again, I can use any portion of the shortcuts by your logic and claim that the elevator only connects multiple areas in the Research Hall, and you can get to the Living Failure fog gate any number of ways.
Lady Maria objectively is in front of the Lumenflower Garden, you retard.
>>
>>322385652
he is pouring sand out of his hands (probably ash actually)
>>
File: 1428672754088.png (613 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
1428672754088.png
613 KB, 1040x1040
>>322388926
That main menu theme has no right to be this cool.
>>
>>322391881
>claim he misunderstood something
>can't provide reasoning for claim

o this is the DaS fanbase lel
>>
hey guys ;)

praise the sun ;)
>>
>>322393830
>>322393996
You're just failing to see my points entirely, I won't argue with you anymore.
>>
>>322383891
>we will never get to play this
>>
>>322381981
>Thoughts
looks good so far

>Expectations
videogame of the year since Deus Ex is confirmed shit and CDPR isn't releasing anything in 2016.
>>
>>322384705
All PVP is cancer though.
>>
File: 53408630486345.png (324 KB, 418x480) Image search: [Google]
53408630486345.png
324 KB, 418x480
>>322381981
>Thoughts?
Hype as fuck for it
>Expectations?
an unbalanced mess for 7 months after release

Face it From can't into PvP for shit and any fun gear will get shit on since they only listen to ass devastated japs who cry because their tryhard shit didn't work against an actually skilled player
>>
>>322384579
>>322385357
>>322384139
Every fucking videogame uses 2D skyboxes you retarded faggot.

>>322383891
It's only natural that the game has a yellowish and gray screenfilter since the theme is embers and ash
>>
>>322389161
Drakeblood Armor please Jesus.
If God exists I will be able to do Drakeblood Set - Drakeblood's 10 foot tall helmet + Astora's Straight Sword + Dark Silver Shield.
I want to go glorious full Paladin.
>>
>>322384705
fuck off retard
you "1v1 me arena xdddd" pvp faggots ruined PvP and the whole fun of invading
>>
>>322394465
>CDPR isn't releasing anything in 2016.

But they never made anything better than any of the souls games.
>>
>>322394328
>refutes all of your shitty claims
>"H- he just doesn't get it!"

Ok.
>>
>>322394971
If you like the Witcher world and books, Witcher 3 is extremely good and Hearts of Stone is even better.

So yes I'd agree with you that if you're a normie that has no time and doesn't really care for the witcher, CDPR hasn't made anything better than the Souls games.

However, Witcher 3 won GOTY awards everywhere this year, and, if CDPR were to release a Witcher 4 in 2016, I doubt DkS3 would win the race. CDPR have turned into the new meme developer, they're the new bethesda in the eyes of videogame websites.
>>
>>322389161
Tough choice
I hope they remake the faraam set without the shitty jpegs attached to it.
also the original manikin masks. the ones in all the promotional trailers but are strangely absent in the game itself.
>>
>>322394465
What happened with Deus Ex?
>>
>>322395741
shadow of its former self.
>>
>>322391417
I don't see a 2D souls making any meaningful improvements to the Souls formula
>>
>>322395791
Did something specific happen, though? Human Revolution was a pretty solid game, so I was kind of looking forward to Mankind Divided.
>>
>>322383891
gorgeous view ahead
>>
>>322395825
Not mechanically, but Pixel Art ayyyy.
>>
I think it looks somewhat like Demon's Souls and I expect the similar-ish design
If I get the same "generic-ass knight fights other generic-ass insane knights" thing that was beginning of Demon's Souls, I'll be very happy
Or at least make it primarily grey. I kinda dislike sunlit areas
>>
>>322396285
nope
nothing specific happened
>>
I hope there are left-handed backstabs
>>
>>322385054
> Dark Souls' open world.

Lol. Dark Souls has two choices of path in the beginning and then a few endgame choices. It's hardly an "open world" game. This meme needs to die.

Not that it isn't a great fucking game, but come on.
>>
>>322397231
Uh, you can go to Blight town, New londo, Undead Burg, The Catacombs, and The Valley of the Drakes all from Firelink Shrine.

I wouldn't define it as an open world game either, but that's certainly an open world element to world design.
>>
>>322397231
It depends on the definition of an "open world"
In DkS you have some restricted areas, but you can always backtrack and go to a different open location
For comparison, some definitely not-open world games don't have a lot of instances where you can go back or in some other direction other than progression
>>
>>322381981

I am really interested in how they will round off the story, if the DAS world is reincarnated or 'rebooted' by a chosen undead giving themself to the fire will there be a third option to break the cycle without creating an age of darkness?

The stuff we have seen so far seems to indicate that the reincarnations of the world is weaker than ever with everything being white and wasted out.

Perhaps it is the end of the DAS universe or perhaps they will give us multiple options of breaking the cycle?
>>
I think it looks good, I expect it to be the best Dark Souls ever. I mean all it really has to do is be at least good as 1 and have better final levels.
>>
>>322398180
We're gonna hunt out the Lords of Cinder that are coming back to life and send the world into the coming Age of Ancients (as indicated by the ash and fog).

>I am really interested in how they will round off the story
They won't. The cycle is endless, they'll just explore another age.
>>
>>322398521

Thought it was confirmed that will be the last Dark Souls?
>>
>>322398616
Did you read the article or did you just read the shit OP made up?

Miyazaki said it was a turning point because it would be the last game that FromSoft developed before he was president. He never said it was the end of the Souls series or anything like that.
>>
File: 1420846154150.png (2 MB, 1067x656) Image search: [Google]
1420846154150.png
2 MB, 1067x656
>>
>>322398714

Here ya go Anon.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
>>
>>322399158
>Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.

Where does he say that Dark Souls is done for? those are IGN's words, not his. He merely says that they will be aggressively pursuing other projects.
>>
>>322399619

'I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series'

You are either bind or in denial Anon-kun.
>>
>>322400175
you still won't get your answers, anon-kun.
>>
>>322392334
Their only two franchises are Armored Core and Souls. I'd be surprised if they never do it.
>>
>>322392334
ARMORED SOULS
>>
>>322389410
Thats unfortunate. I never liked equipment load, but when armor actually matters its probably unavoidable.
>>
I like Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne.

I expect to like Dark Souls 3 as well.
>>
>>322392334
A cyberpunk souls game would peel the skin of my erection like a banana.
>>
>>322400270

I never stated that I wanted 'answers' as the Souls games have never been about answers. I said I was interested (and excited) on how the final chapter will be executed and whether they will choose to break the cycle as a story point. It just seems logical that the last game will break the cycle, even if they don't do it, it will no doubt still be interesting.

>>
>>322400561

I hope they don't do this, it may just become another Oblivion with guns shitshow like Boreout 4
>>
>>322401329
you still won't get what you want, anon-kun

>>
>>322401485
:^)
>>
>>322401879
:b
>>
>>322381981
>Back stab fishing: the sequel
>>
File: ComfyWomfy.png (867 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
ComfyWomfy.png
867 KB, 1100x700
>>322402178
Sounds good to me
>>
>>322381981
>Bandai Namco

so some bullshit remaster less than year after release maybe... still will buy it, going to be at least decent game with excellent dlc
>>
>>322402178
>easy to fish backstabs
>easy to parry enemies
>easy to R1 enemies
>easy to R2 enemies

I don't get this backstab fishing meme. The game is all about how you navigate levels and engage with enemy configurations in them. Encounters are not supposed to be complex. Backstabbing is a tool for crowd control and getting crits to take enemies down a bit faster. It encourages smart use of your positioning, and creates a risk/reward scenario when there are multiple enemies.

What is the problem with it?
>>
File: 1443038613034.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1443038613034.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>322383223
>Defending B-team
>>
File: 1350505916328.jpg (173 KB, 811x454) Image search: [Google]
1350505916328.jpg
173 KB, 811x454
>>322383006
>tfw payed for DS2 THREE times

Bought DS2 at midnight for PS3, bought it on PC the day it came out, then bought the upgrade a couple days ago.

Fuck OFF FROM YOU FUCKING JEWS
>>
>>322400561
>king's field
>otogi
>shadow tower
>that one about the president of USA in a giant robot
>>
I expect the refocus on embers to be a red herring for some big twist in the plot.
>>
File: daiskee.jpg (81 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
daiskee.jpg
81 KB, 500x378
>>322402897
i don't think from is the problem here
>>
File: 1450847994429.jpg (174 KB, 1018x568) Image search: [Google]
1450847994429.jpg
174 KB, 1018x568
>>322391071
This is what I want after Dark Souls 3.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.