[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some game elements that nobody likes? >Fishing minigame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 468x.jpg (21 KB, 468x250) Image search: [Google]
468x.jpg
21 KB, 468x250
What are some game elements that nobody likes?

>Fishing minigame
>>
>>322376895
I disagree.
Fishing minigames are great
>>
>you can catch boots
>>
>implying the fishing minigame in Twilight Princess wasn't the shit
>>
>>322376895
Get fucked, fishing in video games is one of my favorite things to do. I love when games have it.
>>
File: c3b[1].jpg (14 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
c3b[1].jpg
14 KB, 456x320
>forced stealth section in a non-stealth game
>detection is a game over
>sparse checkpoints throughout
>>
The only game I can think of that was made WORSE by a fishing minigame was Lego Island 2, because it was bugged for some people.
>>
>>322376895
Too obvious bait in my humble opinion to be honest if I remember correctly family
>>
>Autoscrollers in otherwise action filled games

fuck you Platinum stop this shit
>>
>>322376895
anyone else get a fish that was too big and clipped through the ground.
>>
>>322377096
>Boots are equippable
>They're actually really good
>>
Zero-friction sliding puzzles.
>>
Fishing in OoT was simple but fun, there just wasn't much to do.

Fishing in TP is fucking great.

Fishing in PH was actually kinda neat but it was annoying to initiate and totally missable if you didn't do a random sidequest.

Fishing in MM3D is great due to the huge variety of fish. I can easily slow down time, head to either hole, and fish until the moon starts to crash. Catching every fish without a guide is pretty tough.
>>
I like fishing minigames.
>>
>>322377802
>majoras mask3d has fishing
holy shit that wasn't in the n64 version was it?
im definetly getting it now
>>
I hate fishing.
I hate fishing games.
I hate minigames.

But I fucking love fishing minigames.
>>
>>322377349

Oh, I can think of another one alright - Sonic Adventure. Minigame is perhaps too generous a distinction, though.
>>
>>322376895
>>322377082
I play fishing games and even I don't like shoehorned mini games based on it.

>>322377329
This also sucks.
>>
>>322378514
>not liking fighting a boss by fishing in it
>>
>>322378514
that's the only reason I didn't finish that game for 100% and the fact that you have to fish with the giant cat dragged the overall score of the game down in my eyes
>>
>>322378791

Eh.
>>
RPGs that don't allow you to talk your way out of fights
>>
File: umihara kawase.jpg (62 KB, 576x1686) Image search: [Google]
umihara kawase.jpg
62 KB, 576x1686
You know who needs a fishing spinoff of their own?
>>
>>322377802
>Fishing in PH
Fuck I never knew this. I'll have to replay it sometimes.
>>
Personally I hat elements that just aren't there for fun
>>
>>322376895
Fishing minigames are great fun.

On a slightly unrelated note, I don't really like fishing but I get really lucky with it. Caught something every time I go out and it's always a decent catch. Wish I could say the same with cards, which I love playing, but I'm shit at.
>>
>>322376895
I never finished Ocarina of Time as a kid because I only played the fishing minigame.
>>
>>322376895
>implying

I wasted more time fishing than playing Breath of fire 3.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.