[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game would be great if it wasnt a devil may cry game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
This game would be great if it wasnt a devil may cry game
>>
>>322374760
No, taking the name off doesn't stop it from being mediocre.
>>
>>322375012
I don't think it was that mediocre.
>>
>>322374760
it would be less known and less hated but it'd still be just a passable action game
>>
>>322375393
It was. Color-coded enemies, boring casual platforming. Combat wasn't as great as before, design of everything is awful.
>>
>>322374760
I wouldn't call it great. But it's alright for what it is. Should be called Wrath of the Edge Lord instead of devil may cry: devil may cry.
>>
>>322375393
I don't care, it doesn't change the fact that it suffers from bland enemies, shit weapons, boring bosses, uninteresting characters and a terrible story. You can shovel shit into your mouth and like it but at the end of the day you're still eating shit.
>>
considering it's just a worse version of DMC, the comparisons would still be made
>>
>>322375012
the things they fixed in the definitive edition makes it a pretty good game. The only real bad thing about it is how easy it is to get s rank combos, level design is pretty ass tho desu fame senpai
>>
>>322375774
it had better controls than any DMC before it
>>
>>322374760
Game would be OK.

For all the good things it does it does two things wrong.

I know why people like it but all the little things that it does wrong start to pile up and become far more apparent with every playthrough. There is just too many small things that get in it's own way and they all become unbearable before long.
>>
>>322376007
Yeah, by dumbing down everything so casuals like yourself can enjoy it, the controls in the older DMCs are fine if you actually take time to get it down.
>>322375956
Adding a lock on doesn't instantly make the game better and they haven't completely changed the story or characters so it's still shit.
>>
>>322376007
I don't remember stupid shit like forward-forward for stinger before. Dedicated launch button is also shit.
>>
>>322374760
Honestly, have you heard of anyone talking about Xblades, Blades of time,Ninja blade or other NT games like HS and Enslaved recently?

Removing the DMC name would just make it a forgettable/below average game with some jokes here and there making fun of how edgy it is.
>>
Someone post the webm of the guy getting SSS with only pistols
>>
>>322375910
I like it when /v/ tells me I can like crap but I have to accept it's bad.
>>
>>322374760
This game was great even AS a devil may cry game. IT was a western take, and as such, was better then the game in some areas while making others more accessible.
>>
>>322374760
>Got it via PS+
>had a great weekend wirh it
>never toued it again
>>
No, it was pretty fucking garbage. Braindead combat, a story that was beyond terrible, glitches and exploits out the ass which only broke the game, and fucking color-coded enemies. The only thing that this game had going for it was that the level design occasionally looked nice.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.