[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people hate SF 3? was it the parry syste? also why there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Not today.gif (2 MB, 303x252) Image search: [Google]
Not today.gif
2 MB, 303x252
why do people hate SF 3? was it the parry syste? also why there is no parry on IV and V?
>>
Ryu can parry on V you faggot now fuck off
>>
Parries are one of the worst mechanics in any fighting game.
>>
no cody or sakura desu lads
>>
>>322366812
>only 1 character
oh boy can't wait to have ryu every 3 encounters.
>>322366853
explain?
>>
>>322366559
I love it
I've always felt like SF3 is much more skill dependant than many other games, plus my friends also liked it, so i don't know where the hate is coming
>>
>>322366976
Invalidates entire styles of play, like zoning. Parries can be OSed to allow for counterattacks, and air parrying gives 3S makes empty jumping relatively safe, when jumping in Street Fighter should always be your riskiest movement option.
>>
>>322367206
But zoning isnt fun
>>
>>322367206
Does SF3 even have any zoning characters? Closest thing I can think of is necro, but all necro players ever seem to do is try to trap you in the corner and meme on you
>>
>>322367357
For you, maybe. Doesn't mean the option to play that way should be removed.

>>322367374
Remy and Necro were clearly designed with zoning in mind but they just don't work in practice because of parries.
In 3S, everyone's effective range is up close and in your face.
>>
>>322367206
What's this about 'should'

Welcome to the world of Street Fughter 3 muthafucka
>>
File: 1437446224776.jpg (76 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1437446224776.jpg
76 KB, 500x250
>>322366559
It sacrifices depth for technicality
like>>322367206 said it removes viable playstyles without adding much to the game, although I will give it to people that parries are very hype, they're ultimately bad for variety in the game
>>
Nobody wants to get into 3rd strike because the learning curve is relatively high against people that grew up with it.

You need to know much more about the game to really break the surface of being remotely decent at it.
>>
>>322366559
>people hate SF 3?
But they don't?
3rd Strike is generally liked and most negatives are more about "it's popular, so it's shit" -type than actual worthwhile opinions.
>>
>>322366559
Why do people make shitty threads like this?

Third Strike is probably the most praised SF game these days. People love flocking to it as an amazing game.

It is a great game and just because it did not do well with casuals doesn't mean it isn't highly respected.

It's just funny how obvious the bandwagoners are from the rest. More people probably think SF3 was a single game than they do the third game in a series of three games.
>>
>>322367374
Using charge buffering Remy can output an impressive stream of projectiles constantly. Contrary to what random GGPO shitters might say it is a valid tool for spacing. It's just not cheesy as fuck strong like in other SF games.
>>
>>322366559
it's kind of like how danger mario ruins TTYD -
You don't have to worry about any sort of strategy, because for every single attack you just power-shield it at that perfect moment, and then wallop them with your beefed-up counter attack. The largest amount of "skill" comes down to pressing a single button at the right time. It removes systems of depth and replaces it with a single reaction test. (I'm talking about paper mario here)

Similarly, in SF3, "dawg, just parry" is simply the best response most of the time. So if you CAN parry, then just do that. it beats jump-ins, it beats air-to-airs, it beats reversals, it beats fireballs, it beats supers, it's just so fucking good.

SF3 is still a great game and nobody really "hates" it unless they're talking hyperbolically to prove a point.
>>
>>322369160

What? The main complaint is the narrow play style, invalidation of zoning, awful balance and cool-in-theory, awful-in-execution parrying.
>>
>>322367206
Zoning is a cancer to fighting games. It's obvious you started playing with SF4.
>>
>>322367816
You make it sound like anybody can pull a picture perfect parry in a heated moment of battle. Speaking of depth, most people don't even know red parries exist.
>>
>>322369612
Every SF game is shit compared to good fighters and you can complain about all of them with their huge fatal flaws. That doesn't mean people don't worship SF3 all day.

Third Strike was always the Guilty Gear of Capcom games. People suck its dick all day, but no one plays it.
>>
>>322369160
Third Strike isn't popular. In fact it was so unpopular and such a flop at the time that it killed Street Fighter until 4 came along.

>>322369784
Zoning fucking sucks in 4. I play ST.

>>322369993
Anyone can learn a parry OS. And if your idea of depth is having two types of parries then you need to stop posting.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.