[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is this game going to get good? I mean it's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: deus_ex_vr.jpg (226 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
deus_ex_vr.jpg
226 KB, 800x600
So when is this game going to get good?
I mean it's not terrible, but there are certain things that make it feel pretty bad, like the bad AI.
>hack turret to shoot friendly robot
>hide 50m away behind a wall
>turret starts shooting robot
>robot turns and starts rolling straight towards me

>enemy shocked by electricity or incapacitated by gas
>hit in the back of the head with a baton
>instantly runs away or turns around and shoots me in the face
>>
>>322366375
its garbage by modern standards.

everyone loves dudesex because it was revolutionary for its time. games at that time wouldn't give you 16 different options for advancing one plotpoint
>>
>>322366786
I'm definitely feeling that part. NPCs saying different lines based on what i've done, or saying some contextual stuff, like the boss guy did after i went into the women's bathroom, and other tiny stuff like that.
I'm playing with the new GMDX mod installed which should have some AI improvements, but it kinda feels like the AI is broken at it's core.

I don't mind the crap shooting mechanics, i've played ss2 and other old fps, it's the ai that really pisses me off.
>>
I'm sorry you're a casual
>>
>>322366375

The AI has never been a high point of the game, even at the time.

Stick with it at least past your first visit to hell's kitchen(after park and subway). If you haven't started enjoying it a little by then, you're not going to.
>>
>>322367272
I'm right at that part, going back to the subway. I did like it somewhat because games these days are definitely missing qualities of this game.
>>322367105
>breeze through the game even though the AI is shit
>>
the fun factor ramps up right after Levedev's Airfield

if you get there you won't put it down until you finish it
>>
>sit at a chokepoint and wait for AI to funnel through: the game
meh
>>
>>322369987
Pretty much. I accidentally alerted an enemy while quick-saving and it aggro'd like 6 more. I threw down a gas grenade and all of them just ran into the gas and got stuck, so i just went around slapping them with my stick until they all went down.
Sometimes they turn around after getting hit in the back of the head while being gassed, and just shoot you in the face.
>>
>>322366375
OVERRATED NOSTALGIC TRASH
>>
I agree, OP. Never could figure out why people liked Deus Ex so much. The way the story will adjust for almost anything you can do is cool but that's not really a reason to like the game over not liking much else about it. System Shock and Thief are better immersive sims if you haven't tried those.
>>
>>322371036
I've played ss2, it was pretty cool, especially in coop (even though it was kinda broken)
I gave the old thief a try but i just didn't have the patience for it, i guess due to it's age, since you get incomplete sketches of layouts but the areas are just dark, samey-looking low resolution corridors so it's a bit hard to find your bearings and get around. SS2 had that as well.

I like the story adjusting stuff, i think it's a much better type of storytelling and map design than what modern games have. You get as much story as you'd like, you don't necessarily have to do what the guy on the radio says.
>>
>>322371036
translation: I suck at the game
>>
File: yotsu.jpg (36 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
yotsu.jpg
36 KB, 400x447
>>322369987
>not going for no detect runs
But I don't blame you, you are used to being a badass killing machine in videogames. Besides the AI was shit even during the release, and that has a heavy effect on gameplay.
True stealth games are never gonna happen, not with the consument really wanting to battle things out for that small adrenaline rush instead of avoiding encounters at all costs. This makes me sad.
>>
>>322371563
I'm going for incapacitating people.
Stealth mechanics kinda suck in the game, so does ai, so does combat.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.