[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01 /02/star-wars-battlefron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1451352147731.jpg (11 KB, 192x146) Image search: [Google]
1451352147731.jpg
11 KB, 192x146
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/02/star-wars-battlefront-sells-12-million-copies-in-first-two-months

B-BUT NOBODY WOULD ACTUALLY BUY IT! THAT'D BE CRAZY!
>>
ok
>>
With what they spent and the incredibly low margin on star wars products, that may well not be enough.

Also, is that actually sold or shipped?
>>
it sells on franchise alone, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to not see that coming
>>
Watch as /v/ continues plugging it's fingers in its ears and insisting that the game is dead.
>>
Michael Bay movies and Adam Sandler comedies also top the box office when they come out.

Normies have shit taste, no surprises here
>>
>>322363471
Adam Sandler's movies have all bombed continually since five years ago.
>>
File: ea.png (92 KB, 1081x586) Image search: [Google]
ea.png
92 KB, 1081x586
>/v/ consistently complains that the industry doesn't cater to them
>/v/ believes that anything they don't like will flop commercially
it never made sense f a m
>>
>>322363591
>Release a Star Wars game at the height of Star Wars Mania Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Expecting people to not buy it just because it's called Star Wars

ITT: Millenials
>>
>>322363058

Doesn't change the fact it's a shitty game and the majority of people won't be playing it after 2 or 3 months.

It only sold because of the Star Wars brand not because it's a good Battlefront game.
>>
>>322363591
/v/ is a bunch of autistic Virgins with shit taste, why do you think they'd have any idea when it comes to good video games?
>>
>>322363734
basically this

game has potential to be good, it's barebones though
>>
>>322363778
Go back to facebook
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+12.32.29).png (2 KB, 263x41) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+12.32.29).png
2 KB, 263x41
>>322363583
Bombed on critics score because surprise, they're not like video game critics where every fatso thinks they can become one and get paid by companies.
It still racks in money even in the worst piece of shit, this is from pixels.
>>
>>322363936
Go back to having no friends ya fuckin loser
>>
File: 1371083385965.jpg (162 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1371083385965.jpg
162 KB, 1058x705
>tfw we'll never get a new Republic Commando sequel/remake
I honestly think that EA could actually make it good just so long as they make their go-to ripoff/base that of MAG and have this big squad-based fuckfest with the tactics commands
They'd still fuck it up marginally
>>
>>322363869
>>game has potential to be good, it's barebones though
no it had the potential
the game says fuck you to people who like star wars ignoring shit from the movies they are supposed big fans of
it says fuck you to fps fans by being so casual there is no actual strategy in it

it is not a good game its just shit with star wars slapped on it. Most youtubbers said they are dropping the game already because they are not having fun.
>>
File: 0090909066.gif (843 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
0090909066.gif
843 KB, 400x226
>>322364456
they can change all that shit, like ROTJ Luke in the battle of fucking hoth and more, this is why I say it has potential, it can be changed, but they won't because people will still swallow this shit
>>
>>322364742
no, guns overheating is going against canon. Tie fighters on hoth is saying "hey I never saw the movies" the dialogue is ass and I can not believe they could not ask anyone how to write dialogue that sounded like it was from fucking star wars. Lack of classes goes against star wars episode 7 even says you do not get to be a special snow flake.

The only thing they can fix is the costumes and sorry that won't fix a game that is made by people who think you can slap star wars on a wet turd and sell it, to bad they were right
>>
>>322364456
>most youtubers
Like anyone cares. Games don't live and die by streamers or the competitive scene. Streaming could literally die right now, and the gaming industry wouldn't be impacted at all.
>>
Still has less plyers on PC right now than Battlefield 4 which was worked on for a full year to fix the shit DICE Sweden fucked up by DICE LA while the Swedes were busy making Battlefront which is the least Battlefield like of all their games and elements of which they will no doubt shove into Battlefield 5.
>>
>>322365016
>missing the point the post
youtubbers are a good way to see how the general gamers are reacting to games, if most are dropping it and even going back to old games and did not even play the new dlc it says something about the casuals. The player count proves that using youtubers is a good way to see how normies are reacting.
>>
>>322364246
>all that projecting
Got nothing better to do kid?
Or is it too hard for your dumb mind to understand that /v/ is not one person?

My advice for your newfagginess:
Lurk Moar
>>
I wanted to buy it so badly but it feels like I'm not getting the real game unless I get the 120$ version and that's a lot of money for me. I also think the 3 maps would get boring and I wish there was a single player campaign.
>>
normies just look me like I'm crazy every time I tell them it's a horrible game
>>
>>322363058
we've got to hit a breaking point eventually
they can't keep getting away with this
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.