[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any survival horror or just straight up action games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 161134_full[1].jpg (394 KB, 1596x1088) Image search: [Google]
161134_full[1].jpg
394 KB, 1596x1088
Are there any survival horror or just straight up action games set on huge fucking ships stuck in major storms?

I'm only aware of Cold Fear (solid survorror and great gravity/water/rain physics, but ship's too small and only half of the game takes place on it) and Resident Evil: Revelation, which was just straight up 'meh'.

I love ships in storms, please let there be more games like that.
>>
>>322361743
>tfw no victorian era naval survival horror
>tfw you won't wake up in your usual ship, but unusually empty with a dark cloudy sky
>tfw you will never try to escape the gallion while hordes of ghouls, wraiths and eldritch abominations try to feast on your soul, while the boat is about to sink

Assassin's Creed Black Flag has pretty cool storms, shame you have to deal with the AC part of the game too.
>>
File: 1431562799504.jpg (87 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1431562799504.jpg
87 KB, 582x600
>Storms in AC4
>>
Dead Space.
>>
>>322361743
Cryostasis senpai
>>
>>322361921
>>322362062
You call those ships? You can't even explore the interior.
Nah, dudes, I mean big ships, like trans-Pacific ocean cargo/cruise liner big.
>>
>>322362354
Yes, fuck, I'll check it out. Maybe it's not stuck in storm, but cold-ass frost and ice are just as cool. Does it run well on newer systems? Should I get the GOG version, mayhaps, lad?

>>322362231
I love all DS games, even 3, too bad sequel never.
Not really set on ships during storms, tho, but I get your drift, it's got similar atmosphere, and space is dank as fuck.
>>
>>322362361
Well the storm modelling is great. The ships, not so much.
>>
>>322362361
You'll just have to make that game anon, we believe in you.
>>
File: 2250_front.jpg (65 KB, 612x600) Image search: [Google]
2250_front.jpg
65 KB, 612x600
It's about a zombie outbreak on a nuclear-powered battleship. There might be a storm too, I can't remember
>>
>>322362515
You can't get it anywhere afaik, Just pirate it. It's really good.
>>
File: 4L_VLjrkRat.jpg (49 KB, 796x588) Image search: [Google]
4L_VLjrkRat.jpg
49 KB, 796x588
>>322361743
That level in Call of Cthulu
>>
>>322364078
Yeah, downloadan' it already.

>>322364250
Have this game on my backlog, might push it up the queue a little. Thanks.
>>
>>322361743
Played this on the PS2
sp00ked the shit out of me.
>>
>>322364415
Its pretty spooky as fuck but this stage is the second or third last stage. Its a flawed but good game especially if your into survival horror
>>
Night Cry should be out this year and be a welcome dose of batshit insane.
>>
>>322364415
Call of Cthulhu is one of the best horrors out there man, I've played many of them except the most obscure console ones, it's somewhat clunky and I'm not sure it aged that well but when I first played it it was a fucking blast.
>>
>>322364816
Looks bretty good, bookmark'd.
>>
ALSO Resident Evil Dead Aim is set I think entirely aboard a ship.

As is Resident Evil Gaiden, is a pretty often used setting for some fucking reason in RE land.

There also a strange Saturn game whose name I've forgotten... Deep Fear! its not technically on a ship on the ocean but it is water based and has a few deep sea diver suit parts.

>>322364990

Game designer of Steel Battalion and the Clock Tower series and the Concept artist from Silent Hill.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.