[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ubisoft in trouble? Assassin's Creed sales dropped by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 17
File: ubisoft.jpg (219 KB, 1280x1062) Image search: [Google]
ubisoft.jpg
219 KB, 1280x1062
Is Ubisoft in trouble?

Assassin's Creed sales dropped by about 90% lately. Rainbow Six Siege is already in the "pls tell your friends" mode. Might&Magic failed in both RPG and strategy branches. Nobody likes the new Anno. Rayman, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia or Settlers are nowhere to be seen.

What do they even have left? Bizarre caveman Far Cry or Tom Clancy's "every new footage looks worse than the last": The Division?
>>
>>322357181
they'd be better off sticking to small budget games and spin offs like CoJ gunslinger, grow home, blood dragon. Bring back rayman as a budget title, kill off AC franchise and act as more of a publisher rather than developer from here on out.

AC is tapped, you've given us all you can with that template of gameplay, why dont we go deeper? Make a full-on virtual tourism game that lets you explore these settings rather than using x to kill random historical figure?

If they want an actual assassin game, we need more visceral and rewarding action, this combat is stale as fuck.
>>
>>322357181
Don't forget Farcry Primal
Shit's gonna bomb
>It's like Skyrim with no guns.
>>
>they will never return to pre 2006 greatness

Makes me sad.
I stopped caring about their games when they started to dumb them down for casuals.
>>
I'm glad they're dying. They sold out big time to casuals and SJWs. Desilets and Ancel deserve better.
>>
>>322357181
>Assassin's Creed sales dropped by about 90% lately
Source? I really hope that's true.
>>
I unironically enjoy most of their games.

>watch_dogs
GOAT weather effects, decent story, fun online and just the right amount of collectables.

>far cry 3 and 4
good gunplay, really enjoyed hunting and upgrading, 3 had a good story, 4 had better side-missions, himalaya as a setting is underused in vidya

>asscreeds
black flag was awesome, unity became good after patching and syndicate was actually good from the get go (they even fixed the 30fps clothing).

I'm optimistic about the division despite any graphical downgrades and far cry primal takes what I enjoyed most about 3 and 4.
>>
Its a damn shame syndicate didnt sell well because its the only good one they've released

We need more games in victorian london
>>
Good I hope they lose more
>>
are these the fags that push Denuvo out the ass? good I never played an Ubisoft game anyway.
>>
>must be online to play your games
they deserve to die for this bullshit alone, they have been some of the most cancerous people in the industry when it comes to DRM
>>
>>322360589
No, Ubisoft is the one where pirates play shit day 1 with no problems, while legit customers wait a week for servers to start working.
>>
>>322360589
No but close.
They used the previous version called Starforce for their older games.
It was known to brick some DVD drives.
>>
>>322357181
i hope so. They deserve it by believing that they can pump out the same uninspired yearly sequels. Nowadays, their games are empty graphical sandbox tech demos
>>
>>322357181
The only Ubisoft game I've picked up in a long time was Outland because it got released for Linux. I'd probably buy more of their games like Assassins Creed if they got ported.
>>
>No mention of Child of Light in this thread

disdain for plebes
>>
I've been doing a let's play of Cold Fear and it's literally the only game I can recommend and enjoy playing from Ubisoft off the top of my head. Ubisoft has a terrible habit of putting out mediocre games that got really lucky (assassins creed). Other then that I don't play there stuff because of how awful their client is. Good god.
>>
>>322357181
>Nobody likes the new Anno

It actually looked like I might enjoy it. But fuck UPlay.
>>
>>322361217
namefag has shit taste, what a shocker
>>
Well maybe they should have focussed more on games than their retarded Uplay that nobody wanted.

They haven't made a good game in years, let alone a great game.
>>
>>322361150
>had Child of Light in my cart
>wasn't aware if was Ubisoft
>check the store page
>"U Play required"
Thanks for saving me from making a mistake, Anon.
One kind of DRM is already cancerous enough.
>>
File: 1451417980348.jpg (339 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1451417980348.jpg
339 KB, 1024x683
>All these threads full of shills giving out weekend keys

These shooters will never be as good as they used to be. Fact of the matter is the hardcore audience isn't the target anymore. So they try and sell a game with shitty balance and netcode to people who don't play these games for more than a couple months.
>>
>>322361270

Get fucked anon-chan-kun-senpai-faggot
>>
>>322357181
AC games still easily sell few millions on release.
Watch Doge sold 8 millions last that I've heard of it.
Far Cry sells similar amount of units per game as well.

Certainly, they're waiting for The Division now
>>
>>322361541
That's a problem most genres have, and not just video games.
Always starts with one of them getting super popular and managing to spread way beyond the original target audience - and once everyone has seen how much money you could potentially make, they all start to abandon their original customers and try to make something that panders to everyone at once. Which is doomed to fail for obvious reasons in the long run.
>>
Far Cry: Pallet Swapped for Current Year Edition will save them
>>
guys uplay isn't even bad anymore, it doesn't require a constant internet connection to play games it's just a social media type of deal and you can even unlock cool shit by using it

ubisoft has been around a long time publishing good games and developing some too, I don't get all the hate for them just because they might rehash assassin's creed too much
>>
File: CCB1zrwXIAEqoOw.jpg (43 KB, 599x578) Image search: [Google]
CCB1zrwXIAEqoOw.jpg
43 KB, 599x578
>>322361804
>Watch Dogs sold 8x what Blunderborn did

So
This is the power of the exclusives and 1 minute loading screens
>>
>>322362032

this /v/ anon
nah actually its outside everywhere

Ubi supposedly make shit ports because AC runs not that well
of course, their other games are totally ignored despite running perfectly well

Rocksteady fucks up once and now suddenly they only do shit ports too, despite doing topnotch quality ports with Asylum and City

People are retarded
>>
>>322359716
Sounds like you have a case of shit taste

It's terminal
>>
>>322358957
Ark evolved did it first
>>
File: 1391571611506.jpg (23 KB, 467x325) Image search: [Google]
1391571611506.jpg
23 KB, 467x325
>>322359716
>>
>>322360261
Unity is one of the best looking games they've ever put out.
>>
>>322357181
If this is the beginning of the end for Ubisoft, good riddance.

What makes me sad is that it took this long for people to realize they were being duped by promotional material to sell them shitty, broken games and broken promises.

If you've purchased a Ubisoft title on PC in the past 8 years you should kill yourself.
>>
>>322362032
And yet they still make it mandatory for their games. I don't want to use U Play, leave me alone.

If I cannot play the game without having that bloatware shit on my machine then I'll just play something else. It's not like Ubisoft makes the absolute GOTYAY games that I have been waiting for for years.
>>
File: 1450774936183.png (56 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
1450774936183.png
56 KB, 245x213
>>322359716

I know you're baiting but fuck it.

>GOAT weather effects, decent story, fun online and just the right amount of collectables

I completed watch_dogs and got all collectables, did all the side-missions and got nearly every upgrade available in the game. It's a shit game, with a cliché story that has a good ending actually but progresses poorly.

The multiplayer is fucked. People hide behind walls and there's bugs they abuse everywhere.

The weather effects are good, but the light effects are really bad.

>FarCry 3 and 4:good gunplay, really enjoyed hunting and upgrading, 3 had a good story, 4 had better side-missions, himalaya as a setting is underused in vidya

FarCry 3 and 4 too had a cliché story. FC3 actually had potential with the double personality they scraped early on but if they managed to pull that out it would work. Sadly, they chose the path of 'you're le rich boy that turns into le edgy madness get it? you're insane like le vaas said. haha'

>asscreeds
>black flag was awesome, unity became good after patching and syndicate was actually good from the get go (they even fixed the 30fps clothing).

Black Flag was mediocre with good stuff mixed with A LOT of bad stuff, but worked due to a new setting and atmosphere. The characters were dull and boring save for some scenes they were basically forced down your throat.

Unity was a fucking mess. It was basically Revelations done by a B-team with a boring main character you can't sympathize to.

Syndicate was mediocre too, but had neat things that made the flow of the game work somewhat properly with satisfying combat and a plain story that was not over the top like AC4 or Unity.

>primal

Well it could work. That's all I can say. But knowing Ubisoft they'll implement so much bad things it will be like MGSV or Black Flag where you had assassination missions no one cared about and were boring to do.
>>
The weird thing is they have a wealth of untapped franchises that they seemingly refused to use

Where's my new PoP?
Blacklist was great, where's the follow-up?
Where's fucking beyond good and evil two and how could you fuck it up so badly that it's taken this long in the first place?
>>
>>322362794

and i will never understand people

>showcase Watch Dogs
>great graphics
>realize console cant handle it, so downgrade
>people complain its downgraded
>showcase Unity
>one of the best graphics you get in the industry
>consoles gonna shit themselves
>learn from previous game and dont downgrade
>people complain it runs like shit
>later they downgrade in a patch so it runs better
>people complain it got downgraded
>>
The Division alpha was actually fun, cautiously optimistic about that one
>>
File: ac sales.jpg (61 KB, 530x514) Image search: [Google]
ac sales.jpg
61 KB, 530x514
Oh, baby.

Personally I would like to see new Splinter Cell, with no open world bullshit. Blacklist, despite being different, was pretty damn good.
>>
Ubisoft just kind of makes like average games but they seem to act as if they are one of the most important companies in gaming. Pretty much every one of their games nowadays are just like okay games that you might want to get during a sale or if there's nothing else coming out soon. Some of their IP's would be missed but it's an acceptable loss.
>>
I don't hate Ubisoft, but they're really pushing their luck as far as marketing bullshit goes.

Every time there's new footage of one of their games, for the past few years, I think "wow, this looks great, I wanna play that, but I also know the final game won't be nearly as good, and I'll have to wait a year after release for it to not be complete buggy".

I wish their development department was as good as their marketing department.
>>
>>322363047
> surprised that people get assmad when they've been lied to
Are you, perchance, autistic and unable to relate to other humans?
>>
>>322363286

>Ubisoft games are Steam-only

retards like you should kill themselves
>>
>>322362239
>top notch quality ports with asylum and city

thank you for invalidating your own post.
next time educate yourself before posting

inb4 I was only pretending
>>
>>322363286
Blacklist is currently my second favourite in the series, between CT and the original

Looking forward to the next installment, but what I really want is more Prince of Persia 2k8
>>
>>322363431

>asylim and city
>not great ports

My fucking 560 could max them out with physx in 1080p getting stable 60fps

oh
you are just another contrarian
>>
If sales on one of the platforms fall from 800k to 80k in 2 years, that's a pretty good indication of the overall state of the franchise.
>>
>>322363412
Steam sales still says something.

About half of TW3 PC sales comes from Steam, even though even digitally it was cheaper on gog.
>>
>>322363326
This is pretty much it.

There are the tier 1 games, which I am really looking forward to and definitely want to play - I'm even willing to put up with some bullshit to get them running.

And then there are the tier 2 games, which are pretty much
>there is nothing in tier 1 at the moment and this is on sale, might as well play it till something better comes out
Tier 2 is definitely not one where I am willing to go through multiple steps of DRM. There are enough of them that don't require that bullshit, so I can just pick something else.
>>
>>322363490
Same, though I didn't play PS2 Double Agent, which apparently is Chaos Theory 2.
>>
>>322363617
>About half of TW3 PC sales comes from Steam

no
soon after launch CDPR was announcing that on GOG alone the game sold 1+ million

also only retards buy anything digital without a sale

I got R6 Siege for 30 euro in physical on release week
meanwhile on uplay and steam you have to pay 60
>>
File: Anno2205 2015-11-08 22-45-11-65.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Anno2205 2015-11-08 22-45-11-65.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>322357181
>Nobody likes the new Anno
True. I still play 1404 over it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>322357181
They've got wildlands coming up.
>>
>>322362970

shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1449087305529.jpg (88 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1449087305529.jpg
88 KB, 300x400
Ubisoft seems to have a lot of good people on their teams, but they don't take any risks - that's the reason why they're gonna fail if they don't change that.

Think about it, all of their big games use the same formula - collectibles, enemy bases, towers to climb, very basic stealth.
But at the same time, you see some sparks of creativity - Black Flag, noteably. Blood Dragon. But instead of turning them into new IPs, they slap the Far Cry or Ass Creed label on them.

It's no wonder that their small budget titles - Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, Valiant hearts - are generally appreciated.

Milking the cow is a short-term business plan- but it seems that Ubisoft has no fucking clue about long-term. Trying to establish new IDs (like Watch Dogs) failed, because they screwed over their own idea in order to make it fit to their usual games.

>tl;dr Ubisoft is wasting the potential they probably have for some quick money
>>
>>322363846
>According to the company, 693,000 gamers worldwide are owners of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG Galaxy, whereas 613,000 PC gamers have chosen a different PC platform.
From June and obviously different PC platform was Steam.
>>
>>322363874
I completely forgot about this
>>
>>322364257
I completely missed the announcement actually. First time heard about this in November.
>>
>>322364205
>From June and obviously different PC platform was Steam.

Or Origin
Or Uplay
Or none, because they just installed and play

You do know its on origin and uplay too, right?
You do know you can just install and play, right?
You do know its possibly on desure and other small shit too, right?

Are you a valvefag or what?
>>
>>322363874
Looks good. Bracing for disappointment as with 90% of Ubisoft.

The thing with Ubisoft is they CAN make awesome games. But often times they fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>322357181
One can only hope anon.
>>
>>322357181
The new Anno is fucking shit. It's like they asked EA how they ruined simcity and followed their 3 simple tricks that consumers hate.
>>
>>322364197
Doesn't help that they actively spite the people who buy their games either.

>that one game that had "fuck pc players" in the files
>>
>>322364401
>You do know its on origin and uplay too, right?
I didn't actually.
>>
>>322363874
>Cap under earpro

Fucking noguns frenchies
>>
>>322363874
Calling it now, it's gonna be like MGSV with a tenth the story and stealth and ten times the sidequests
>>
>>322364445

What i dont get is how come only Ubi is somewhat innovative out of all.

And by this i mean, look at any FPS its all the same generic shit.
Yes, all of them, with a very small variation when you look at RO2 for example.

Then Ubisoft did FC2 with the gun jamming, expanding fires and shit.
And then in FC3 and 4 those new kill moves give a lot new shit.

Those new moves introduced in FC3 add so much to the game and i cant name any other devs that do this.

They always do these right and then fuck up something.
>>
>>322364401
>>322364634
Though I checked Steam sales for that day and it was 572,000.
>>
>>322364615
>>that one game that had "fuck pc players" in the files
Really?

Hating the PC seems of by part of the company culture.

Friend of mine who was a big PC gamer went to work there, and he started shitting on the PC and PC gamers after a while.

Then there was the Watch Dogs producer (or something similar) who went "lol no one cares about optimization on PC because if it doesn't run well they just buy a new graphics card". Also didn't seem to care at all about the horribly buggy state the game came out in.

It sucks, they have so many talented people, and then they ruin it all with all kinds of stupid shit.
>>
>>322358523
>Make a full-on virtual tourism game that lets you explore these settings
Why has no one done this?
>>
>>322357181
Ubisoft rehashes everything. It was to be expected that even the normies would get tired of AC combat eventually.
>>
>>322363848
Why they did the future shit AGAIN is really beyond me. The should know that most Anno players want a historical setting. Why didn't they just make a game set in ancient Rome; they never did this before?
>>
Watch Dogs 2 is intended to save them. It will replace Asscreed
>>
>>322365216
>Ubisoft rehashes everything. It was to be expected that even the normies would get tired of AC combat eventually.

Its not the combat.
Its that they get it every year and if it comes out every year its shit.

Just look at COD, people call shit on COD yet its not actually shit.

Also weebs aint tried of the shitty turnbased combat either, which requres even less effort than AC.
>>
>>322357181
siege was good in beta, however found myself saying "this is going to get old" and haven't purchased game yet.

assassins creed used to be my favorite series, the historic side was great, but I also really enjoyed the modern scifi story that was unfolding, and they lost me at black flag, haven't purchased or played a game since.

my kids like the new rayman, but it sucks

i'm hoping the division is good, but it's a very difficult to tell because games like what it's selling is hard (example destiny)
>>
>>322363403
Nope
I can't relate to fucking morons
People need to understand that a ps4 cannot run a game like watch dogs at more than 900p 30fps and ac:u at more than 900p 20fps
But people will cry downgrade if they downgrade them
Only people allowed to complain are pc players since they technically could run watch dogs pre downgrade
>>
>>322358523
>why dont we go deeper? Make a full-on virtual tourism game that lets you explore these settings

That would be so fun and relaxing/comfy. Maybe it could also teach you the language. I'd buy it. Ubisoft is actually pretty good at these types of educational things, like Rocksmith, and that chess game with the lessons.
>>
>tfw RUSE got removed from the Steam store because Ubisoft
And I wanted to buy this game during Winter sale.
>>
>>322365796
Or, get this, Ubisoft could stop making false promises in the first place. Maybe people wouldn't complain if they weren't lied to?
>>
>Remove uplay from this dimension
>people suddenly like ubisoft 200% more
>>
>>322365307
Well I think watch dogs 2 might be as awesome as ass creed 2
At least I hope so
>>
>>322357181
Ubisoft has made a lot of bad games before, it's not going to kill them.

What do they even have left? Well you completely forgot about Wildlands which looks amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJub3Kz2wI
>>
>>322365760

nah, siege is great
i already have like 50 hours in it and play everyday with friends when i am home

its gonna take longer to get boring, but since they release operators every 3 months iirc plus new maps, i think its not gonna get boring until they completely off the support and content

its very intense and that the outcome can change any second is great keeps you on the edge

plus winning here matters a lot more than in bf or cod
>>
File: 1420868886467.jpg (6 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1420868886467.jpg
6 KB, 300x200
>>322357181
Hired too many women.
>>
>>322366201
well i'm working my way through the commonwealth wasteland right now, so i'll pick it up after that.

thanks anon
>>
>>322366201
>siege is great
>with friends

I think I'm seeing a pattern of the shit-eaters here.
>>
>>322357181
>everybody wants Far Cry 4 with dinosaurs
>they make a tribal warfare game instead

s m h f a m
>>
>>322365962
Or maybe Sony and Microsoft shouldn't have lied about the power of the ps4 and xbone to devs and publishers
And then we might have avoided disgraces like witcher 3 and watch dogs getting downgraded like this
Remember that these games were announced before the announcement of the ps4 and xbone and were obviously in development much earlier
But no, let's blame ubisoft and cdpr
Just like people got mad for underpowered consoles not handling ac:u or ffxv duscae
>>
>>322366414

>team based tactical fps is better with friends than alone

whoa
not "actual" friends, its a clan
so i guess, buddies? mates?clanmates?
does it make it sound better for you?
>>
>>322357181
Good
>>
>>322366617
Everything is good with friends you numbnuts.

It's not the game that's good, it's the friends.

I've played plenty of garbage games with friends that ended up being a blast because we played it together.

Siege is one of those garbage games.
>>
>>322357181
>Is Ubisoft in trouble?
I fucking hope so. Maybe if they'd tried plowing all those resources they put into trying to force everyone into their shitty uplay service into actually making good vidya and things their customers would want and feel valued for they wouldn't be so loathed.
>>
>>322366819

Siege is great without friends too if you dont get put in with random retards like you.
>>
>>322363412
PC gaming is Steam only
>>
>>322366527
>Or maybe Sony and Microsoft shouldn't have lied about the power of the ps4 and xbone to devs and publishers
>implying they lied
Specs were out well before launch anon, and probably even earlier then that privately for actual major publishers. This isn't like the past when there was some crazy baroque custom chipset involved that nobody had ever seen before, it's a bogstandard AMD x86 APU, the only mildly interesting twist on the PS4 is the full UMA with GDDR5. But even that isn't that big a deal and worst case can just pretend it's like a PC with the same specs. Even a small dev could literally have simulated worst case performance by just going out and buying roughly equivalent hardware for like $600 a year or two beforehand.
>>
>>322364197
The thing is, being a gaming company is a short term business. Nearly every western publisher before the year 2004 is dead with only a few bloated behemoths left who "won" like EA and Ubisoft. You don't get into gaming to make a long term go of it. You don't plan to still be in gaming in 2025. Everyone could be on smart phones and consoles could be totally dead by then for all you know and only scrap money is to be made on PC.
>>
File: siege.png (144 KB, 643x400) Image search: [Google]
siege.png
144 KB, 643x400
>>322366974
Much good game XD
>>
>>322367407

LOOK MOM I POSTED AGAIN XDXDXD
>>
File: steam community.jpg (16 KB, 653x136) Image search: [Google]
steam community.jpg
16 KB, 653x136
>>322367407
>Steam Community
Surprise me.
>>
>>322367489
Someone posted the image I just screencapped? Whoa, that's crazy!
>>
>>322367565
>People who play Siege think 20-30 fps is acceptable

Sounds about right
>>
Assassins.Creed.Syndicate.Update.v1.31
Size: 15.3 GB

I herd u liek 15 gigabyte updates ^___^
>>
>>322367671
Just buy a better GPU ;)
>>
>>322367676

what is wrong with 15gb updated?

Takes 10 mins to download and 1 min to install.
>>
>>322367175
Watch dogs was in development since 2010
There were no specs and ubisoft wanted to pull a crysis only consoles too this time
Pushing the boundaries and whatnot
Then Microsoft and Sony released underpowered toasters
>>
>>322367671
That's actually Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>322367798
Imagine fucking up so hard that your patches are 15GB.
>>
>>322368041

you dont know much about programming and filesystem, do you?
>>
File: 250px-Sweating-Man.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sweating-Man.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>322367798
>live in Canada
>100gb monthly bandwidth
>$2/gb after that
>>
>>322368127
Actually he does. There's no way you need to replace 15 gigs of assets in a patch when you can just do a compare and change what you need to change rather than redistributing the entire asset again.
>>
>>322357181
Thats what a company gets for resting on its laurels. I hope ubi crashes or revamps its games so they aren't shit. I mean black flag was cool but they need a huge revamp. Personally when they make yet Nother assassin's creed game, they should do some 60's to 80's cols war.
Also. Same with ea that they need to stop making incomplete games that need to shovel out money for dlc
>>
>>322363047
The only reason Unity looked good was that it had prebaked global illumination, which didn't have any effect on performance at all. Everything else looked like shit and the game still ran awfully because Ubisoft not only doesn't care about optimization (on any platform) but also doesn't give a shit about PC as a platform.
>>
Rainbow Six Siege is legit fun

But it's tied to Jewbishit and fear for its further development, not to mention the shit ass fuck cunt piss servers that drop you amidst a game making ranked matches a nightmare to get in and ALSO win flawlessly

But when it works is incredible, and easily the best thing they've done, and ironically, it's the game that they seem to have less faith on.
>>
>>322368156

>small town
>20$ for unlimited 120Mbit/s a month
>buddy in big city pays the same for unlimited 500Mbit/s

Feels good to be EUfag.

>>322368248

Thats not exactly how it works.
Just check payday2, especially years ago.

>>322368396

>everything else looked shit

opinion discarded
>>
Black Flag 2, an Assassin's Creed spin-off.

Advances colonial-era marine combat, allowing you to command an armada of ships across the Atlantic as a Pirate lord, an Admiral to the American Navy, a shipmaster for the British, or a conqueror in the Spanish Armada.

Ships can now be fully customized with different types of wood for different amounts of buoyancy, customisation of weapon placement and a mixture of weapon selection, types of powder and projectiles, custom crewmates, and the ability to hire other ships to follow you into battle that you can control at any time. Online naval battles with up to 20 different shipmasters in one match.
PLZ UBI PLZZ
>>
They could just do a reboot of the PoP trilogy and I'd be a happy camper.
>>
>>322368542
>opinion discarded
The game's lod was terrible and its character models and textures outside of cutscenes weren't anything to brag about. All of the AssCreed games look the same since 2 outside of some slight model and texture upgrades (slight), and the prerendered GI for Unity.
>>
>>322368542
>Thats not exactly how it works.
That's how it works if the devs aren't retarded.
>>
File: Rocksmith_Monkey.jpg (25 KB, 850x313) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith_Monkey.jpg
25 KB, 850x313
Ubisoft better don't die, I want a third game with keyboard and drums support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1mGkkKXqM
>>
>>322369232
That's actually how steam game updates work by default.
>>
>>322369116

>slight upgrade
>literally CG trailer quality models and cutscenes which are real-time rendered

Sure kid
>>
>>322369356
Unfortunately it isn't how that Asscreed update worked, or else they really botched the game to need to sub in and replace one third of the original game data
>>
>>322366819
>Co operative game
>Focused on comradery and friendship
>But it's shit because i don't have friends

Well, yes, you should have friends, anon. It's a normie thing to do.
>>
>>322369283
Shit I still have to buy this game. Well the cable anyway.

I wonder if my guitar still works, haven't touched it in years (maybe even a decade).
>>
>>322369489
Fucking MGSV looked amazing in cutscenes and its models weren't very good. It's not hard to make cutscenes look good. The actual game looks like ass though and the only thing that saves it somewhat is the prebaked GI, which even Mirror's Edge had.
>>
>>322365209
>>322358523
>>322365841

I want this
>>
>>322357181
Controlling that tiger in Far Cry 4 was a gimmick that wore off after about 2 minutes. The next game is going to be trash.
>>
File: rocksmith_works.png (372 KB, 800x487) Image search: [Google]
rocksmith_works.png
372 KB, 800x487
>>322369795
>Well the cable anyway.

There are cracks to use any guitar interface or even a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter to your line in port.

If you really like the game buy the cable or the game, its always on sale and it works.
>>
File: baby.jpg (16 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
16 KB, 600x200
>>322357181
They're just like EA. It's gotten to the size that they have no option but to let the accountants run the show and the accountants don't have a fucking clue how to make a fun game. They've milked a few mil out of releasing uninspired formulated shit and now it's time for them to experience people getting sick of their shit and letting their games rot on the shelves.

Of course the people running the company now don't care because they don't give a fuck about video games and already have another 7-figure job lined up once the going gets tough.
>>
>>322362805
Next is Bethesda and then bioware after mass effect andromeda flops
>>
>>322370530
Why would he want to do that?
>>
File: RUSE_boxart.jpg (51 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
RUSE_boxart.jpg
51 KB, 256x360
>>322362805
I like it when they take risks >>322369283
but I guess thats in the past now.
>>
>>322370928
Bethesda just sold 90bajillion copies of FO4. They aren't going anywhere. Ubisoft's sales are being undermined by Bethesda, not the other way around.
>>
>>322369858

>MGSV
>amazing

kek
>>
>>322358523
how about making the combat in AC not the focus. It isnt fun to kill 20 guards on your own. Being an assassin works because you kill one important person and then get the fuck out of there. Not get to one person and then his his whole guard while standing next to his corpse. Make it about action stealth like MGS, where you can move fast and quietly. If you are seen by more than one guard however you quickly get slaughtered. So if you see a patrol you should think: hey lets pop out of the window and pass them by climbing outside, rather than, ill just slaughter them.
>>
>>322365251
then people will say
>b-but where is my new world exploring
I personally like the idea of future and roman times. But it is more that the futuristic games are uninspired
>>
What about that For Honour game?
Could bail them out (probably wont, but could).
>>
>>322371789
>Make it about action stealth like MGS
mgs hasn't been stealth since....ever?
>>
>>322374568
I mean like MGS 1. You move quickly (not like splinter cell) but cant take loads of enemies. I guess thief would be a better example for that but I just mean that the current system where you can just hold block and kill a whole army with counters is just stupid. Just look at the revelations trailer, you see him there on his own murdering a whole battalion like some spartan from 300 rather than an assassin. In the first AC you at least had to run after each assassination even though there they also made you far too strong.
>>
>>322363874
It might be decent if i can frank bad guys with complete freedom.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.