[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Mario & Sonic Platformer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 523x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 523x398
Is there a legitimate reason why they haven't made a real Mario and Sonic game yet?

Is it just too easy to do? Or too difficult? Or does SEGA and/or Nintendo just not want to do it for whatever reason?
>>
They've actually spoken about this before, through I don't remember it well myself.

I believe it has to do with the fact that the game wouldn't be able to find a balance with eachother gameplay wise without them doing things the other IP can't do.
>>
>>322352608
A lot of it is just the different shapes of their jumps, right? It's hard to imagine them sharing a level and still flourishing.
>>
>>322352608
>>322352701
I think it could've easier now what with Sonic's Lost World mechanics.
>>
>>322352801
Oh, I...
I didn't play that one...
>>
>>322352872
It's OK.

The mechanics are fine but are definitely not polished. The story is hot garbage but I never really care about that anyways. Tails is a cunt though.
Maybe if we get a game that uses the mechanics again they might be more fun, that's what they did with the Boosting.
>>
Speaking from an investors point of view the words "new sonic plat former" would make me pull my money out so fast it would render you infertile. I'm trying to think if Mario could lure it back out or not
>>
Because adding Sonic elements to a Mario game would make it shittier than just a Mario game
>>
>>322353561
I guess you have a point, but I'd imagine the idea along would draw some people in.

>>32235360
And yet adding Mario elements in a Sonic game would probably make it better than most Sonic games.
>>
>>322353901
Not really, Sonic games don't do well with precise platforming. Honestly, if I'd want anyone to make a new 3D Sonic game it would be Amusement Vision but they are dead
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM64mDAlNaU&list=PL609CF0C5B6942758

A mixture between this, and Crash Bandicoot's PSone-era gameplay. You'd have a degree of speed that isn't rollercoaster-tier but requires skill to maintain, on top of smooth controls and platforming.

Alternatively just make the next Mario & Luigi game a Mario & Sonic RPG instead.
>>
>>322352378

Sonic's current reputation would only drag the game down if Sega had any involvement in the development.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.