[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
o, now that it's 2016, has the "Fallout 4 sucks"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg (396 KB, 729x839) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg
396 KB, 729x839
o, now that it's 2016, has the "Fallout 4 sucks" meme ended yet?

Have the meme shitposters and story retards moved on to be idiots about another game or killed themselves yet? Is the smart part of /v/ left?

Can we finally all admit to ourselves that Fallout 4 is fucking excellent?

>Excellent Open World Action and Stealth
>So much hours spent of pure fun
>Excellent gameplay that no Bethesda game has achieved before
>Danse
>Curie
>Everything has its use(AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!)
>Based base building and survivor managment
>The best example of great open world in the entire medium

Easily the second best Fallout game (After Fallout New Vegas) and one of the best games of all time
>>
>>322347792
Is this bait?
>>
>Okayish combat and garbage 'stealth'
>Hours of repetitive junk collection and shitty endless 'quests'
>Maybe good by bethesda's standards
>Awful companions as usual
>Shitty useless base building
>Okay open world

NV>1>2>4>3
>>
>>322348083
That's wrong.
1 > 2 > NV > 4 > 3
>>
>>322348082

>>322337785
>>
>>322348189
Thanks, that explains it.
>>
>>322348153
NV had better gameplay, faction system, C&C and less RNG
>>
>>322347792
>Excellent Open World Action and Stealth

Maybe if you're a 13 year old opening the PS4 your mommy bought you. Compared to FO3 and NV Fallout 4's world is dense, but bland as hell. Open door, kill Robot/mutant/raider, get ammunition and some caps, and leave. No more random legendary items. No interesting stories behind every location. It's bland.

>So much hours spent on pure fun

lol

>Excellent Gameplay that no Bethesda game has ever achieved before

Oh. This is bait. That's what I get for starting a reply before I read the whole post You got me good

NV>1>3>2>>>>>4
>>
>>322348261
>better gameplay
Absolutely not, the god-awful shooting is way worse than a proper turn based system. And don't even get me started and all the myriad little bugs, crashes, hideous animations, deserter cities and all.
>faction system
Yep, agreed.
>C&C
Like with followers? Better than Fallout 1 maybe, you had about the same amount of control as in Fallout 2 - aka none.
>less RNG
Casual detected
>>
>has the "Fallout 4 sucks" meme ended yet?
No
>>
The game suffers first and foremost from one thing, a bit paradoxically - an utter lack of meaningful, quality content.
I really like the gameworld. It's quite detailed, visually well realized, varied enough in locations. Even has a STALKER-esque vibe at times.

But there is nothing to do in it aside from killing Raiders/Ghouls/Mutants/Crabs. No Bethesda game before had so few actual quests, and even there it boils down to go kill some things most of the time.
In essence it has been Skyrimified.
>>
>>322348441
>gameplay
The combat in Fallout was never good. It has no depth, you basically just shoot the guy you have the best accuracy with in the eyes over and over. NV is at least skill based

>C&C
The big thing is choosing what faction to side with, which dramatically affects the second half of the game. And most things you do will have an effect on faction rep/ending slides/karma

>RNG
I was mainly talking about the skill system, especially in Fallout 1. Skills like lockpick/science are worthless because you can just save scum and open almost any door/hack any computer

Special was also really imbalanced in the earlier games
>>
The meme hasn't ended yet.

Give it six months or maybe til the next fallout or TES game is released. Then all the same virgins on /v/ will start with "Fallout 5 sucks/TES 6 sucks" memes, and everyone will herald fallout 4 and Skyrim just like they suck FNV and Oblivion's dick right now.

It's the circle of /v/life.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.