[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>blatantly ripped off character design >wheel with 4 options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: YJTfNkB.jpg (185 KB, 958x694) Image search: [Google]
YJTfNkB.jpg
185 KB, 958x694
>blatantly ripped off character design
>wheel with 4 options dialogue system
>camera during dialogue works identically
>male and female protag being basically the same
>fully voiced protagonist
>same fucking morality issue (transcending the humanity by letting machines take over and choice whether you should never let gen 3 synths which are almost human live or you should just wipe the machines out in the name of humanity)
>gay romance
>super advanced magic-tier science
>less rpg and more action combat oriented
Fallout literally became Mass Effect: Atom Bombs. If you use combat armor and play the game from third person with energy weapons it's even more apparent.
>>
>>322346236
0/10 atleast you tried
>>
They're both an embarrassment in the history of videogames
>>
>>322346850
Care to explain what's wrong with what I said?
>>
File: HzQ7aCm.jpg (87 KB, 670x725) Image search: [Google]
HzQ7aCm.jpg
87 KB, 670x725
>>322347479
1. comparison between characters is a really big stretch since those arent even protagonists and their personalities couldnt be more different than Shepard.
>magic-tier science
doesnt exist in fallout
>gay romance
who cares?
4.lots of games have fully voiced protagonists
5. Those morality issues are old and common as fuck and Deus Ex was doing it way before Mass effect
6. you dont have to use power armor at all
7. there are plenty of different ways to play the game
8. you are a huge faggot.
>>
funny how in ME the male protag is good and in FO4 the female protag is good

I think they are both legitimately fun to play series and people that dislike them are just memers
>>
>>322348426
>1. comparison between characters is a really big stretch since those arent even protagonists and their personalities couldnt be more different than Shepard.
The design of those in the pic is nearly identical. Right down to hairstyle and eyebrow style in case of Cait.

>doesnt exist in fallout
Teleportation and institute. And fucking 3rd gen synths.

>4.lots of games have fully voiced protagonists
Yeah but Fallout didn't have it and when they decided to do it, they watered down the dialogues HARD.

>5. Those morality issues are old and common as fuck and Deus Ex was doing it way before Mass effect
ME3 green ending literally has people become gen 3 synths.
>>
>>322348984
>Teleportation
they explain it using science. Sure its science we dont have or may never have, but its still science.
> they watered down the dialogues HARD.
>OMG FALLOUT ISNT A VISUAL NOVEL ANYMORE REEEEE

>ME3 green ending literally has people become gen 3 synths.
once again mass effect isnt even the 3rd game to have morality decisions like that. Are you fucking underaged or what
>>
>>322349143
>they explain it using science
Yeah no shit they do. Straight up calling it magic wouldn't work out for the universe.

>>OMG FALLOUT ISNT A VISUAL NOVEL ANYMORE REEEEE
It's an RPG you moron. Or it's supposed to be one.

>once again mass effect isnt even the 3rd game to have morality decisions like that. Are you fucking underaged or what
Given all the other similarities I'm comparing it to ME3.
>>
>>322348561
wat
The voice acting for male shepard in horrible. It makes me ashamed to even play this shit
>>
>>322348426
>>322349143
fucking kek this bethesda drone
>>
>>322349338
>Yeah no shit they do
so its not magic

>It's an RPG you moron.
right so theres no reason for you to spend half the game reading text like in fallout 1 and 2.
>Given all the other similarities I'm comparing it to ME3
we can do the same thing with ME3 and Deus ex HR. Theres literally 3 endings u can choose from and ME3 just copy pasted them.
>>
>>322349556
>super advanced magic-tier science
>It's not magic

No shit.
>>
>>322349710
>magic-tier
its not magic though. Do you not know the difference between magic and science?
>>
>>322349556
>so its not magic
Teleportation, especially in Fallout's universe is practically magic. Even if you explain it by science it still doesn't fit the universe.

>right so theres no reason for you to spend half the game reading text like in fallout 1 and 2.
Play cowadoody if you prefer not having a choice in how the conversation goes.

>we can do the same thing with ME3 and Deus ex HR. Theres literally 3 endings u can choose from and ME3 just copy pasted them.
Fallout didn't exactly rip off other things from DXHR, now did it?
>>
>>322349831
>Teleportation,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

there you go
>how the conversation goes.
you still do

>Fallout didn't exactly rip off other things from DXHR, now did it
you want a list?
>>
>>322349949
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation
We don't have teleportation now and it's pants-on-head retarded for teleportation to be DEVELOPED in a post apocalyptic america.

>you still do
>1. yes
>2. no, but yes
>3. sarcastic
>4. tell me more and yes
Sure a lot of choices here.

>you want a list?
Go ahead.
>>
>>322349784
Do you know what exaggeration is? No shit it's not magic, but to quote Clarke's third law "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
>>
>>322350087
>We don't have teleportation now
>fallout takes place in an alternative universe with advanced science
>institute is supposed to be most highly advanced scientific group ever
>hundreds of years in the future

>Sure a lot of choices here.

yep

>Clarke's third law
hes poking fun at you and uneducated fucks because they understand nothing about science. If you took your ipad back in time 100 years people would literally be burning you at the stake for witchcraft.
>>
>>322350283
No shit you dumb idiot. You conveniently dodged me telling you how it's retarded that the america has faced a nuclear holocaust that destroyed nearly everything, infrastructure and resources included but somehow there's a sekrit organization living underground that managed to somehow develop synths and teleportation while being practically cut off from the world outside, and even if they weren't cut off they still wouldn't be able to create something this advanced due to lack of all those things mentioned above.
>>
>>322350567
>takes place hundreds of years after great war
>not all scientific research was destroyed thx to underground vaults

there problem solved. You really know nothing about the fallout universe do you? im kind of embarassed iv been replying to a shitty troll.
>>
>>322350283
>hes poking fun at you and uneducated fucks because they understand nothing about science. If you took your ipad back in time 100 years people would literally be burning you at the stake for witchcraft.

How retarded are you?
>>
>>322350837
Do you have any idea how more scientifically advanced we are than 1915?
>>
>>322350824
Fallout universe never knew anything like synths or teleportation before really other than maybe some shitty easter eggs. So none of those things were developed (or even close to being developed) before the great war but somehow Institute, still operating on old hardware, without the ability to get into contact with the annihilated world and without access to shitload of resources, raw materials, even people to work with, manage to develop super advanced science, while the rest of the world just scavenges for shit and tries to rebuild basics of civilization, with BoS being the most tech advanced faction.
>>
>>322351017
Yes, you dumbass, but you said:
>. If you took your ipad back in time 100 years people would literally be burning you at the stake for witchcraft.
Which is retarded. Also you're defending the shittiest Fallout game and Bethesda's asspulled logic.
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>322351246
>>322351295
i cant tell if you are a shitty troll or the most unintelligent fallout fan of all time, but either way its time to stop posting.
>>
>>322351383
Way to respond bethshit.
>>
File: 1426182010679.gif (1 MB, 350x117) Image search: [Google]
1426182010679.gif
1 MB, 350x117
>>322348984
>The design of those in the pic is nearly identical. Right down to hairstyle and eyebrow style in case of Cait.
>>
>>322346236
This is obvious that Bethesda tried to be Bioware(and Bioware tried to be bethesda in 2014), I don't think anybody's surprised.
>>
If only they decided to rip off a good game.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.