[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much money do corporations pour into stealth advertising?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7
File: zp_exclusive_hostage.png (330 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zp_exclusive_hostage.png
330 KB, 1280x720
How much money do corporations pour into stealth advertising?
Because it seems like 40% of people here are paid to make posts about consoles, or they are consolefags with extreme buyers remorse.
Because I really don't see any other explanation for so many console-related threads.
>>
>>322345826
Kill yourself
>>
I dunno, it's threads like these that are more suspect.

I mean, is it really credible that people would be upset enough at people liking something they didn't like that they would continually make threads about it?

It doesn't make any sense, making a thread about a thing to complain that there are too many threads about that thing? Come on now.
>>
>>322345826
Back in the days of Web 1.0 talking about games meant talking about games. Now 30 years later it's nothing but shills shilling shills and threads about the shills shilling. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>322345826
Valve drone please leave.
>>
>>322346250
Playing a game and then forming a coherent opinion about it takes a lot of time. People realised that it's easier to just guess if a game is good or bad and then accuse anyone with the alternate opinion of being a shill.
>>
>>322346126
I believe there is more than just blatant ranting about how we don't like each others platform.

As PCfag my point of view is that consoles are holding gaming industry back, and therefore also hold potential of PC back.
And for that to stop, whole gaming community has to acknowledge PC as main gaming platform, so that more than just 20% of developers and publishers start developing games with PC-first in mind.
And to make that happen, some work and effort has to be put into convincing community.
I know /v/ is just small fraction of whole gaming community, but it holds quite a lot of influence over it. So if /v/ decides to be against exploiting consumer and against artificial limitations, rest of gaming community would follow soon.
>>
>>322345826
>talking about games is advertising!
What do you want people on this board to talk about?
>>
>>322347401
If only there was an example of /v/ attempting to influence the wider video games world which failed utterly I would cite it as a counterpoint to this drivel.

It's a shame for me that never happened.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_184305.jpg (19 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_184305.jpg
19 KB, 239x250
>>322347401
You're a fucking faggot, dude.
>>
>>322345826
/v/s user pool is laughably small and fickle. Companies would be stupid to advertise here.
>>
>>322345826
>How much money do corporations pour into stealth advertising?
>Because it seems like 40% of people here are paid to make posts about PC gaming, or they are Pcucks with extreme buyers remorse.
>Because I really don't see any other explanation for so many PC-related threads.
>>
>>322347401
>I know /v/ is just small fraction of whole gaming community, but it holds quite a lot of influence over it
Delusional
>>
>>322347725
this

and even if a company attempted to advertise here, everyone would just shit on the game and most of /v/'s userbase are pirates
>>
yeah, better shill valve, amd, nvidia, intel etc.
>>
Let's address the real question here.

Who is funding all of this rampant shitposting?
>>
>>322347571

One Million Gamers Strong is the latest hilarity from /v/.

7000 people give a fuck about censorship. Thanks for letting companies know that you're a vocal minority who shouldn't be catered to.
>>
>>322347882

We need thread IDs to cull samefag bait threads. I've been saying this for years and now that we have a new Hiro, we might get it. /v/ would be better overnight because the average /v/irgin can't in to proxy.
>>
>>322347812
It's probably true that v is so toxic it's not even worth advertising here. Probably better off not getting v's loser stink on whatever they're marketing.
>>
>>322348001
The people who make the same threads over and over every day aren't the average /v/irgin though surely.
>>
>>322348003
It worked out okay for huniedev and the lisa guy.

Major publishers? Probably not
>>
>>322347863
>if you shill PS4 games, you're a Sony shill
>if you shill Xbone games, you're a Microsoft shill
>if you shill Wii U games, you're a Nintendo shill
>if you shill PC games, you have to be a Valve, Nvidia, Intel, and AMD shill
something feels wrong here
>>
>being a Steambabby, Intel and AMD shill is any different from being a console shill

Please.
>>
>>322348107
Why pay for advertising space when every thread Is AAAAAAA bullshit, console wars or e-celeb video shilling?
>>
File: bcvbcv.png (177 KB, 596x432) Image search: [Google]
bcvbcv.png
177 KB, 596x432
Damn Sony and Microsoft, spending all day shilling their products on /v/! Good thing PC is nothing like tha- oh wait...
>>
>>322347401
Pc gamers are the literally the Jehovah's witnesses of video games
>>
File: IMG_20151230_213237.jpg (151 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_213237.jpg
151 KB, 1252x1252
>>322348323
PC fags are the most pathetic desperate & ugly fanboys on v. Which is amazing. I mean Nintendo fags collect dolls now. And I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the "Sonygger"posts are PC fags falling for their own false flagging.
>>
>>322347725
And yet CDPR sent hundreds of shills here when the downgrade was unveiled and told them to tell everybody it was just youtube compression, even when we had pictures showing drastic model differences.
>>
File: IMG_20151127_154858.jpg (34 KB, 325x265) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_154858.jpg
34 KB, 325x265
>>322348702
It was the most severe case of the OH NOES ever recorded.
>>
>>322345826
But there is more PC gaming shilling here than all the other consoles' shilling compined.
>>
>>322348702
Ah, it's clear to me now. I had wondered what the hell happened to make so many people on /v/ post retarded shit. Because that never usually happens.
>>
>>322348348

The sad thing is that this isn't even an exaggeration.

I seriously cringe as hard as humanly possible when I see these threads and it makes me sad that these steambaby teenagers that came from r/pcmasterrace are what represent the pc gaming crowd nowadays.

Not very long I could easily find very intelligent people with lots of background on their arguments and we would discuss great pc games. But now we have these US MASTER RACE HUH GUYZE?! PRAISE LE FAT DRM MAN! US REDDITORS HUH?! pieces of shit flooding every pc related discussion.

This shit makes me physically ill.
>>
>>322345826
Children don't have much money, or much to do, so being a console warrior for the one they had to convince their parents to buy (and thus convinced themselves is better) is pretty natural.
>>
File: 2015-08-14 15.32.39.jpg (95 KB, 494x392) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-14 15.32.39.jpg
95 KB, 494x392
>>322348824
And it's not paid shills. It's just lame ass baby boy zilches with an inferiority complex flailing around impotently.
>>
>>322345826
>complains about advertising
>advertises sunset overdrive and knack in the OP
wow
>>
>>322347725
>/v/s user pool is laughably small

You're an idiot and you're talking out of your ass about something you don't know anything about.

This place is one of the largest gaming discussions spaces there is on the whole internet. We have traffic by the millions every month, according to moot's disclosure interview before he left.

Go back to reddit.
>>
>>322348931
It sucks because the PC crowd used to be pretty chill & keep to themselves. Now they're the biggest faggots going by a huge margin.
>>
>>322348931
Perhaps you're the one who changed, I don't remember much quality discussion.
>>
>>322349121
But its them damn sonyggers shitting up the board!!!
>>
It's not shills. There probably are some roaming about, but they account for a fraction of a percent if that. Most of it is trolls out for a giggle pretending to shill, and the usual /v/ babbies getting assmad and producing a strong opposing reaction, acting like shills for the opposing camp in the process
>>
>>322347401
>whole gaming community has to acknowledge PC as main gaming platform
That will never happen because building a gaming rig is too much of a hassle for the Average Joe (and certainly not worth it when the most people are merely looking for the living room equivalent of a smartphone).

>I know /v/ is just small fraction of whole gaming community, but it holds quite a lot of influence over it
Oh, okay, thanks for letting us know you're fishing for (You)s. Here's mine, hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>322348824
This.
>>
>>322349121

What I hate the most is that we have these underage asswipes like OP throwing shill this, shill that because he can't accept that consoles are very popular things that people want to talk about, and yet he doesn't mention how the shitty crowd of pc gamers nowadays consist mostly of:

>steambabies who think that steam invented PC gaming and that wouldn't even know how to install a game if they didn't have steam automating the whole process for them
>amd fanboys damage controlling for amd's latest fuckup and nvidia fanboys apologizing for their anti-consumerist practices
>amd fanboys arguing with intel fanboys
>steambabies and gogbabies trying to shoot each other to death
>a bunch of reddit fedora tippers who would make r/atheism blush in jealousy and unironically think they are a better human being due to the fucking box they play the equivalent of virtual toys on, a product that is inherently targeted at literal children and teenagers now more than ever before
>said redditors play nothing but console ports like skyrim and mass effect and think they are the shit for it

>>322349134

Oh please, back then when pc games were much more complex they were a natural barrier to retardation and the RPGs with lots of text already kept the ADHD kiddies at bay. There were great discussions to be had. The games themselves were a natural filter to keep retards away. I think I've consequently revealed the problem: the industry changed for the worst, it got too big and as pretty much anything else that starts pandering to the lowest common denominator it went to shit.
>>
>>322348931
No one seriously posts that anymore outside reddit. It's purely trolls.
>>
>>322349782

And this is why you find yourself among idiots thinking you are in good company because you mistake actual retardation for a joke.
>>
I get paid $65/hr to shitpost on /v/.
>>
It's just ironic shitposting gone too far and people from reddit migrating in thinking they are in good company, especially with the pc masterrace stuff.

If you align yourself strictly to one platform and shitpost about it you are faggot, no matter which platform it is.
>>
>confusing shitposting with shilling
>>
>>322348348
So are you are saying they are annoying as fuck
But will always be right?
>>
>>322351031
No i'm saying they're the ones pestering you to join their cause
>>
>>322345826
Do we have anything else to talk about? /vg/ took all the video game discussion away from here, so we're left with hardware and shitposting.
What do you expect? It's been this way for eons.
>>
>>322349117
Millions of unique ips on /v/ eh? /b/ maybe, but /v/?

Fuck off
>>
>>322347554
you're not allowed to like things around here, you're supposed to hate everything even when you have no reason to
>>
>>322353269
Go watch his interview again you gigantic fucking retard.

/v/ is the second largest board of this entire website. It's only behind /b/ in terms of traffic, fucking reddit shit.
>>
>>322349117

Why advertise to a split group of a couple of thousand when you can advertise to billions on tv
>>
>>322349829
so who is at fault here

the retards believing everything they see or the people acting like retards "ironically"
>>
>>322353394
>le reddit

Grow up.

Unique ips or not?
>>
>>322353269
Nah /v/ is second highest traffic on 4chan. thats still millions of unique IPs
>>
File: 1439420403921.jpg (88 KB, 700x699) Image search: [Google]
1439420403921.jpg
88 KB, 700x699
>>322345826
>I really don't see any other explanation for so many console-related threads

Autistic children who have more fun shitposting than playing video games and think their retarded JUST maymays are the funniest shit on earth.

Most of it is just false flagging, you'd be stupid to take any of it seriously.

I'm just here for the cute vidya girl threads.
>>
>>322353596

Why do you have to advertsize to this OR that group when you can advertise to everyone since stealth marketing is probably the very cheapest marketing strategy there is, specially in an anonymous place where they can't check your history?
>>
PCfags do not understand that there will always be parity in gaming. You take away consoles, mobiles will be the new default.
>>
>>322353670

Moot explicitly mentions "millions of unique IPs every month" on /v/ alone on his interview.

You would know this if you weren't, indeed, reddit shit. But keep talking out of your ass.
>>
>>322345826
>EVERYONE IS A MARKETER

Take off the tinfoil hat and fuck off.
>>
>>322345826
I can ask the same about PCucks. PC shilling is really strong on this board.
>>
>>322353816
>le reddit

Grow up.

Also on my phone and not watching the qna
>>
>>322345826
>Because I really don't see any other explanation for so many console-related threads.

Maybe because they get games unlike PC? How many times you want to talk about petitions and frames?
>>
>>322353816
>unique ips

My ip changes 20 times a month
>>
>>322354503

It doesn't. The internet isn't even real.

In fact, you don't even know what a computer is. You are in a coma.
>>
>>322354503
Yep. My phone switches between 4 different IPs a day depending on where I'm standing in my home & whether I've left & come back. That's just at home.
>>
>>322354707
>>322354576
The point is, "muh unique IPs" is a poor indicator in this day and age. Take that number and cut it down by half, at least.
>>
I'm paid by Disney to make threads and start conversations about Star Wars games and toys online, good or bad.
>>
>>322353269
>I don't know anything but I'm going to attempt to make a counter argument any way

You're pathetic and incompetent
>>
>>322353923
Can we take a look at reasons for shilling on both sides? What does each side get from successful shilling? From both provider and consumer side?

Also, can we get a diagram of how we are actually split? On top level we are split on PCucks, consolefags and then mobilefags (technically it's still gaming and addicting games are raking in money from weaklings like 10yearolds and bored moms, so it's still platform to be considered)
Then PCucks argue among themselves which GPU heats your house better and consolefags argue who gets to pay more money to even connect to internet. Does it go any deeper?

>>322354018
Enjoy your hard earned (you)
>>
>>322356450
You're a sad and presumptuous little man.
>>
>>322353786
Fuck, that would be even worse.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.