[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more depressing then gatcha games? I checked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: puzzle.jpg (114 KB, 705x344) Image search: [Google]
puzzle.jpg
114 KB, 705x344
Is there anything more depressing then gatcha games?

I checked one of the /vg/ threads and it had some people spending hundreds to try to get the character they want.

Why is this kind of shit allowed?
>>
Because people spend hundreds of dollars on it. That's why.
>>
>>322344862
>/vg/
vg folks are notorious jews
>>
File: g6489.jpg (144 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
g6489.jpg
144 KB, 600x590
I like gachas, maybe because I like collecting shit.

But I wouldn't spend one dime in a virtual gacha.

I would love if more games added a virtual currency so you could spend it in gachas to unlock songs, concept art and maybe unlockable costumes and characters, only a few games do that.
>>
File: 1385342005879.png (79 KB, 680x638) Image search: [Google]
1385342005879.png
79 KB, 680x638
>>322344862
Every f2p game has whalers OP. I like the idea of gacha but not in the confines of a video game. Then it just becomes a means of restricting the player instead of getting cool shit. The only f2p phone game I've known to do gacha right is Terra Battle.

>>322346282
>Ultimate Muscle
Neat. Are there any decent UM games, do you know?
>>
>>322344862

>playing for two and a half years
>haven't spent a single cent
>can't get anything decent for endgame stuff
>>
>>322344862
Real life trading card games
>>
>>322344862
I play One Piece Treasure Cruise, the game is pretty lenient for F2P players. I've never felt the need to spend money because pulls are so ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>322347164
>Every f2p game has whalers OP.
It's whales, whalers would be the companies behind the game in the metaphor.
>>322344862
Same reason gambling isn't illegal.
>>
>>322344862
>People still playing pay2win P&D at their smartphone
>Not buying the superior, premium P&DZ & Super Mario Bros Edition for just 30 dollars (or less) because "Muh! Not enough waifus."

Why is this kind of shit allowed?
>>
>>322344862
As far as free-to-starts go, PaD is pretty legit. You get free shit nearly every day and lots of cool events.
>>
>>322350928
Padz doesn't have enough monsters or awakenings of any kind.
>>
>>322350928
>tfw I got it for $15 a few weeks ago
This game is great.
>>
>>322351059
Not so legit. At the beginning it gives you the delusion that you can win just with your skills. But after a while you'll realize that you must either grind forever like an idiot or pay with real money in order to proceed.
>>
>>322351178
Good deal. Even for the 30 dollars I paid at its launch day, it still worth its money since it has great replay value.
>>
I still can't do 6-combos, feel like I am going to be stuck scrubbing it out with LuBu forever.
>>
>>322351251
Yeah, a lot of it is luck. I haven't spent any real money at all, but I've rolled some good monsters using the windows method. If you do it during a godfest your chance of getting a gold egg goes waaay up.
>>
>>322351396
>>322351251
>>322350928

I see we still have a lot of people trying to roll a DKali
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.