[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: sony-morpheus-vr-4285.jpg (38 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
sony-morpheus-vr-4285.jpg
38 KB, 770x433
Post webms, your opinions and discuss with others what you want from it and how successful you think its going to be
Personally I hope it advances to the level where we really feel like in the game, and maybe some are even going to be online and you can do shit with other people on some map or maybe it even going to be like a MMO, all with graphics like this or better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCftdpZ9lIs
Anyone got the set on the person walking through vents inside the game, playing it in that empty room?
>>
File: 1438934949569.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438934949569.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>322327775
It'll be niche. Too much shit needed to buy and configure to have the right experience. Doubtful it'd gain any mass market appeal unless a headset comes bundled with a console or TV.
>>
Shit experience
Shit hardware
20+ years off at best until it's a life-like visor weighing as much as a pair of glasses.
Still something richfags like to waste money on, and plenty of retards on /v/ will ride their coat tails in the process.
>>
>>322328254
>Shit experience
What makes you think that? Most people who have tried it seem to love it.
>>
>>322328796
I work in the industry. I've been to every gdc and several e3s since vr popped back into existence. Absolutely no one, including myself, honestly had a good experience with vr.

The only morons claiming otherwise have dev kits or a career vested in it. They all believe they're getting in on the ground floor of the next big platform. Hence why they are morons.

The only thing more painful than experiencing modern VR is watching someone else try to.
>>
>>322329040
I find that pretty hard to believe, random anon on a weaaboo image board. But maybe you can link me to a couple of videos of people having similar experiences?
>>
File: IMG_1833.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1833.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>322329040
>Absolutely no one, including myself, honestly had a good experience with vr.

And that is how you lose credibility. Keep lying bro. You don't even have to post evidence. Plenty is out there, and there is pretty much none that show someone walking out of a VR experience at those events disappointed.

But let's say unproven "identity" somehow has any weight on an anonymous image board. I've been to many of these different events as well. The truth is that a lot of people walk out of VR demos and think it's really cool what they saw, but couldn't judge it beyond that. People are surprisingly level headed outside of this echo box of a website. There are also people who aren't afraid to say their experience with the hardware sucked. There isn't any value in denying that there weren't people who did not have a good experience, but there were many more that did like it.

Here, I'll even post a picture you can't find elsewhere else on the planet except for on my HDD, just for kicks.
>>
I've never used one, but I can't imagine wearing it for more than an hour. I'm sure it and your face would quickly be disgusting.
So even if I take people who praise the experience at face value, I doubt its practicality outside of the demo experience.
>>
File: emugen.webm (3 MB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
emugen.webm
3 MB, 1000x625
when I get VR I feel like I will be able to enjoy games again
>>
>>322330147
Fuck you. I am President of VR and can confirm that you're an asshole.
>>
>>322332165
God here. Thou art wrong thost I still love you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.