[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the laziest, shittiest port of all-time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Astrocade.jpg (122 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Astrocade.jpg
122 KB, 500x300
What is the laziest, shittiest port of all-time?
>>
Final Fantasy 6 for Steam
>>
>>322326308
LA Noire for the pc.
>>
Sonic Genesis
>>
File: rayman.jpg (52 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
rayman.jpg
52 KB, 500x463
Rayman 2 to PC is pretty terrible. You can't even change the controls, and the arrow keys are used to move. Either you have to use your right hand for movement, cross hand-over hand, or use the numpad for jumping, shooting, and locking on, which they thankfully binded keys for, but cramping both of your hands into the lower right corner of your keyboard shouldn't be the best fucking control option. I don't think there was a widescreen option either.

Also, I don't even think it included the bonus levels that the Dreamcast version had. It's better to just emulate the DC version, or even the N64/PS1 versions if you're desperate and running on a toaster.
>>
Wasn't that PC bubsy port just a rom and emulator?
>>
>>322329862
Yep, the emulator wasn't even properly licensed, to boot.
>>
pc ports of final fantasy games
pes2016
>>
>>322326308
Dark Souls port is impossible without a controller. They didnt even try to come up with reasonable keyboard inputs for it.
>>
>>322331192
I'm not really sure how they would.
>>
>>322326308

Boston
>>
>>322326308
Dark Souls
>>
>>322326308
Pac man on Atari
>>
Star Wars Battlefront 2
>>
File: bookletus.jpg (669 KB, 1346x2140) Image search: [Google]
bookletus.jpg
669 KB, 1346x2140
The first RE4 port for the PC.
No mouse support.
>>
Saints Row 2. The level of not-giving-a-shit in this port is astonishing.
>>
>>322332138
works fine on GOG version
>>
It's either the original RE4, Onimusha 3, or Saint's Row 2
>>
File: WatchDogsBoxArtNA[1].jpg (130 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
WatchDogsBoxArtNA[1].jpg
130 KB, 600x846
>>
>>322332130
dat wii port though. that was a fantastic port, it felt like a totally new game.
>>
File: latest.jpg (485 KB, 1513x1378) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
485 KB, 1513x1378
Literally a version of KEGA Fusion with four ROMs included. And it runs about as well as an actual homebrew emulator.
>>
>>322332210
Why.
>>
Minecraft Wii U.
Old versiĆ³n and no gamepad inventory support.
>>
>>322332232
Sure!
I've played RE4 on 3 different platforms and wii is my favorite. It had a shitload of content and that nice light-gun-like control. It was a blast to play.
>>
>>322332271
So Ubisoft can stop making WiiU games that aren't more casual dance shit.

>tfw Watch_Dogs WiiU was supposed to be the 'middle ground' in terms of performance between last gen and current gen
>it was only slightly better than the decrepit PS3 version
>>
File: Sonic_Genesis_GBA.jpg (51 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Genesis_GBA.jpg
51 KB, 300x300
>>322332256
Speaking of Sonic on Nintendo handhelds, pic related. They completely fucked up the music and re-wrote the physics engine, making it feel completely unlike the Genesis game and occasionally just completely spazzing out.
>>
>>322332450

This is the shittiest port but technically not the laziest because they did reprogram it from scratch.
>>
>>322326308
Any of the original run SH games

The emulations are literally better and easier to set up
>>
The Steam version of FF7 and FF8 are just the original PC ports from the 90s including the shitty MIDI version of the soundtracks. The only things they added were achievements and log-in DRM.
>>
>>322326308
Pac-Man for the Atari 2600. It played a huge part in nearly killing the industry.
>>
File: 200px-Cover_SMA25A.jpg (31 KB, 200x281) Image search: [Google]
200px-Cover_SMA25A.jpg
31 KB, 200x281
literally didn't change anything about it and didn't even give the SMW version
>>
Batman arkham knight pc.
>>
DMC3/Onimusha 3 PC.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.