[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Gamer Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: planetside2.jpg (195 KB, 880x623) Image search: [Google]
planetside2.jpg
195 KB, 880x623
What have you been playan' fellow sadomasochists?

I've been playing Planetside 2 lately, but I also downloaded Rift to see if it was ok. For some reason Rift runs like shit even on my good pc, so i'm not sure if I want to keep playing, even if it's only for pvp.

Also I tried everquest 2, and holy shitballs that game is older than I thought. It looked like shit and played worse.

Any free games you guys currently playing?
>>
Started playing Hearthstone a couple days ago. It's actually much more fun than I expected it to be, although I imagine the disillusion will set in once I realize just how much of a disadvantage I'm at by not buying cards.

I play World of Warships on and off, mostly when they have experience-boosting events going on. I'm a sucker for naval battles, so I'm willing to forgive how fucking grindy the game is.
>>
I've been playing Mechwarrior Online a lot lately. I also regularly play World of Warships, Star Trek Online, and The Old Republic. Used to play Planetside 2 all the time but haven't in almost a year.
>>
>>322325625

Oh yea,

I forgot, I'm actually playing hearthstone now, but I've bought all the expansions so I don't remember it's free to play.
>>
Anyone tried Archeage?

Or is it too p2w?
>>
Oh well, maybe I just need snes9x and super mario rpg
>>
rip thread
>>
>>322326380
it has gone downhill and is no longer worth playing. They have started removing sandbox features. Like you can no longer blockade using boats and stuff to prevent other players from turning in tradepacks and lowering the value of them.

Just go play wakfu or something
>>
It's not really good but I've always had a certain fondness for Mechwarrior and this scratches an itch I've been having for a long time.

I just like the Mechwarrior style of mech combat. Slow and tanky. There's really nothing else that offers that.
>>
>>322327685
>removing sandbox features
Why the hell would you do this? Sure let's take away the few unique parts of the game.
>>
>>322325930
>>322327890
Is MWO at least better than Hawken?
>>
I used to be a big one. Tried all the f2p korean shit back in the day.
Tibia
Ragnarok Online (pservers)
Gunbound
GunZ
Maplestory
Combat Arms
S4 League
And bunch of others with less playtime.
Currently the only ones I really play are TF2 and Tribes Ascend, and I played TF2 before it went f2p.
>>
>>322325406
Planetside 2 would be great if NC weapons weren't so god damn overpowered, and the latency wasn't an issue.
>>
>>322327890

I just can't stand that every map is TDM and the horrible leveling system that forces you to buy the same mech 4 times.
>>
>>322328065
They held a vote asking if they should remove it and it passed.
The community of that game is so anti pvp which is retarded since it's what the game is based around.

During alpha people would do dangerous trade runs all the time, invade enemy territory, and do all sorts of crazy stuff. Not people just stick to safe zones doing trade runs.
>>
>>322328078
I've played both and they're different styles, really.

Hawken tries to be Mechwarrior but it goes a little more on the arcade and faster paced side. Probably closer to Mechassault if you ever played it. MWO just tries to emulate the older Mechwarrior games in a more modern engine with the worst F2P model I've ever seen.

Of the two I personally like MWO more since you can customize the fuck out of your mechs while in Hawken you're kinda stuck with whatever the devs give you and a few alternate weapons you have to grind to unlock.
>>
>2016
>Planetside 2
You're about two years too late there bud
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.